It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Propaganda War  (Read 409388 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Re: The Propaganda War
« Reply #1300 on: January 26, 2015, 03:47:40 AM »
Yet on the other hand there is ample evidence of Russian Army involvement in the SE of Ukraine that is ignored by the pro Russian supporters.

http://en.informnapalm.org/category/russian-military-assessment/

http://www.bellingcat.com/category/news/uk-and-europe/

Offline Belvis

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1301 on: January 26, 2015, 04:08:12 AM »
One fake generated a few pages of discussions. OK, I'll give some explanatory notes on video Taz posted.
Full video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&v=XksDGeAbJ7g&x-yt-ts=1421914688

Lugansk militia has dislodged 20th battalion of Ukrainian army out of Krasny Partisan village. Then collected all captured, wounded and dead in one place. Then filmed them to identify victims, because Ukrainian army is notorious in missing its soldiers. BTW, militia is doing good work filming captives. It's guarantee they will be alive.

Offline AkMike

« Reply #1302 on: January 26, 2015, 04:51:24 AM »
And yet there seems to be bullet holes right behind the bodies in wall right at the chest height area.

It still looks like cold blooded murder!

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Is this what you Russian supporters are really like?
« Reply #1303 on: January 26, 2015, 07:06:55 AM »
How do you suggest we get your guy to stop?

You're not going to. In fact if Russia wants to have a land connection to Crimea I believe that we'll see operations along the route pick up quickly.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1304 on: January 26, 2015, 07:36:28 AM »
Fathertime,

Can you supply evidence of young Russian men being killed by pro US involvement ?

Photos or videos of the US troops killing Russians in Ukraine would be useful,or maybe just photos or videos of lethal US weapons/military equipment being used by Ukrainians to kill those invading young Russian men you're so worried for.
I've missed that, but hey, I only live and work in the region. Perhaps you'd be so kind as point it out.

I'm afraid my post didn't come out the way I intended.  I was not attempting to state that the US was directly involved in killing people...as I'm happy we have stayed out of the battle (insofar as I can tell).  My intent was to state that Pro Western forces and their supporters have also likely committed barbarous acts, yet (some) posters here applaud (or ignore) those acts. 

Thank you for the opportunity to clarify my post.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

« Reply #1305 on: January 26, 2015, 09:01:03 AM »

You're not going to. In fact if Russia wants to have a land connection to Crimea I believe that we'll see operations along the route pick up quickly.

That's not what I asked.

Offline Steamer

« Reply #1306 on: January 26, 2015, 11:58:35 AM »
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1307 on: January 26, 2015, 12:13:48 PM »
Propaganda 101. This is how you prepare your civilian and military populations for a war with NATO...you tell them it's NATO they've been fighting all along...

Putin: Ukraine army is NATO legion aimed at restraining Russia

..."The Ukrainian army is essentially a ‘NATO legion’ which doesn’t pursue the national interests of Ukraine, but persists to restrict Russia, President Vladimir Putin says.

“We often say: Ukrainian Army, Ukrainian Army. But who is really fighting there? There are, indeed, partially official units of armed forces, but largely there are the so-called ‘volunteer nationalist battalions’,” said Putin.

He added that the intention of Ukrainian troops is connected with “achieving the geopolitical goals of restraining Russia.” Putin was addressing students in the city of St. Petersburg.

According to Putin, the Ukrainian army “is not an army, but a foreign legion, in this case a foreign NATO legion, which, of course, doesn’t pursue the national interests of Ukraine.”

Kiev has been reluctant to find political solutions to the crisis in eastern Ukraine and only used the ceasefire to regroup its forces, the president stressed.

“Unfortunately official Kiev authorities refuse to follow the path of a peaceful solution. They don’t want to resolve [the crisis] using political tools,” Putin said, adding that first Kiev authorities had first used law enforcement, then security services and then the army in the region.

“It is essentially a civil war [in Ukraine]. In my view, many in Ukraine already understand this,” Putin added.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has reacted to President Putin’s words, calling his statement “nonsense.”

"The statement that there is a NATO legion in Ukraine is nonsense. There is no NATO legion," Stoltenberg told reporters."...

http://rt.com/news/226319-putin-nato-russia-ukraine/

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Gator

« Reply #1308 on: January 26, 2015, 01:23:39 PM »
Crimean News

CNBC today showed a small clip of the Russian "special police" closing a TV station named ATR in Crimea.  CNBC says ATR was the only remaining station "critical of the Russian-backed Crimean government."

The special police arrived en masse, some wearing a mask.  The clip showed a pretty reporter with microphone in her hand conducting an interview,  the special service barged in, spoke a few words to the reporter, the reporter rolled her eyes, and a man in black leather jacket  blocked the camera.

I look forward to Doll's and Belvis's explanation.  Maybe ATR did not pay its gas bill.  Maybe the police were stopping propaganda by ATR. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #1309 on: January 26, 2015, 01:39:20 PM »
The group raiding and closing the station is referred to as "Russian security forces."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/26/crimean-tv-station-raid-russia_n_6546008.html

It seems ATR targeted the Tatar community, as its reporters are Tatar.  The Tatars have been getting a bad deal for a century. 

OSCE's position:

http://www.osce.org/fom/136221

10 hours of ATR broadcasting:

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1310 on: January 26, 2015, 01:50:11 PM »
Crimean News

CNBC today showed a small clip of the Russian "special police" closing a TV station named ATR in Crimea.  CNBC says ATR was the only remaining station "critical of the Russian-backed Crimean government."

The special police arrived en masse, some wearing a mask.  The clip showed a pretty reporter with microphone in her hand conducting an interview,  the special service barged in, spoke a few words to the reporter, the reporter rolled her eyes, and a man in black leather jacket  blocked the camera.

I look forward to Doll's and Belvis's explanation.  Maybe ATR did not pay its gas bill.  Maybe the police were stopping propaganda by ATR.

Here is the real reason.  They are trying to eliminate all evidence that there were any objections or protests against the referendum (the one which Girkin admits the majority did not want, and was conducted at gunpoint).

excerpt
"In an emotional video posted on YouTube, deputy director Liliya Budzhurova said that armed men from Russia's Investigative Committee and counterterrorism officials appeared at the station early Monday. Budzhurova said they had seized equipment, including servers of archival footage showing the February 2014 demonstration against the Russian takeover, effectively shutting down the channel's broadcast operations.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #1311 on: January 26, 2015, 02:08:56 PM »
Yep, them Russians sure are nice people.    :P
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #1312 on: January 26, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »

What are you griping about now?  It seems clear that Russians, and pro-Russian's in Ukraine are being killed and suffering...But that is a good thing according to some!   :rolleyes:

Since when is it good?

Do you need to be reminded how many civilians have died in the Donbas conflict?  It's now believed to be over 5,000, and the blame for that can be squarely placed on the Russians for fomenting the tensions to start with, then exploiting the anti-Ukrainian feeling of a minority of people by establishing militias and so-called separatist republics.  The people who live there are Ukrainian citizens - some (even many) of them may well be pro-Russian, but THEY ARE NOT RUSSIANS.  If the Russians withdrew all their forces this war would be over in a matter of days.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1313 on: January 26, 2015, 05:43:19 PM »
Since when is it good?

Do you need to be reminded how many civilians have died in the Donbas conflict?  It's now believed to be over 5,000, and the blame for that can be squarely placed on the Russians for fomenting the tensions to start with, then exploiting the anti-Ukrainian feeling of a minority of people by establishing militias and so-called separatist republics.  The people who live there are Ukrainian citizens - some (even many) of them may well be pro-Russian, but THEY ARE NOT RUSSIANS.  If the Russians withdrew all their forces this war would be over in a matter of days.

Since when was it good?  Don't ask me, ask the clappers/delighters here about that one.

I don't agree with putting this entirely in Russia's lap...but that is well known already. 

Fathertime! 

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #1314 on: January 26, 2015, 06:00:36 PM »
I don't agree with putting this entirely in Russia's lap...but that is well known already. 

Why not?  If the Russians hadn't invaded Crimea to start with, none of what is happening in eastern Ukraine would have occurred, and several thousand people would not now be dead.

Offline Taz

• Carpe diem...before it seizes you!
« Reply #1315 on: January 26, 2015, 06:00:52 PM »

Since when was it good?  Don't ask me, ask the clappers/delighters here about that one.

Fathertime!

So who started the conflict then FT? Who fired the first shot so to speak? Whose troops were in Crimea?
Take time to learn the language. Even a little can go a long ways...

Get off your butt and go! Don't make excuses why you can't do it, find a way to make it work! Always go with a backup plan too!!!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1316 on: January 26, 2015, 06:15:33 PM »
Why not?  If the Russians hadn't invaded Crimea to start with, none of what is happening in eastern Ukraine would have occurred, and several thousand people would not now be dead.

So who started the conflict then FT? Who fired the first shot so to speak? Whose troops were in Crimea?

In my opinion it seems clear that Russia has had involvement in all of this.  Western led worldwide  military events of a decade or more have helped lead up to this latest crisis....as it is only one of many.  At least that is the way I think Russia sees it. 

Fathertime!   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1317 on: January 26, 2015, 06:57:15 PM »
Propaganda 101. This is how you prepare your civilian and military populations for a war with NATO...you tell them it's NATO they've been fighting all along...

Putin: Ukraine army is NATO legion aimed at restraining Russia

..."The Ukrainian army is essentially a ‘NATO legion’ which doesn’t pursue the national interests of Ukraine, but persists to restrict Russia, President Vladimir Putin says.

So it's NATO that's been killing ethnic Russians in East Ukraine all along? Putin planting a seed in his people's minds.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1318 on: January 26, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »
Budzhurova said they had seized equipment, including servers of archival footage showing the February 2014 demonstration against the Russian takeover, effectively shutting down the channel's broadcast operations.

An American and a Russian got into a discussion about the freedoms they enjoy at home. The American said "I can walk into President Obama's office, slam my fist on his desk and say 'Mr. President, I don't like the way you're running this country!!!'" The Russian said "I can do the same thing in my country." The stunned American replied "Really?" The Russian said "Yes, I can walk into President Putin's office, slam my fist on his desk and say 'Mr. President, I don't like the way President Obama is running his country!!!'"
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1319 on: January 26, 2015, 07:31:22 PM »

Bo, did they ever figure out who was behind the sniper attacks in Kiev?  Was that another Moscow thing?

There are claims that Berkut officers, acting under the direction of a leader, were responsible, and arrest warrants have been issued on that basis.  All responsible fled Ukraine.  There is no direct link to Yanukovych, AFAIK.

No, Russia was not responsible for this.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #1320 on: January 26, 2015, 07:43:24 PM »
That's a dubious claim (that Russia is not responsible for Berkut shooting protestors) when we know that the SBU (Ukrainian Intelligence Services) was infiltrated by the FSB (Russian Intelligence Services) in Kyiv.

Offline JayH

« Reply #1321 on: January 26, 2015, 07:58:19 PM »

There are claims that Berkut officers, acting under the direction of a leader, were responsible, and arrest warrants have been issued on that basis.  All responsible fled Ukraine.  There is no direct link to Yanukovych, AFAIK.

No, Russia was not responsible for this.

Mrs B--  time will prove the link is there--it was amongst the "evidence" that all the fleeing scum attempted to destroy-or hide. Berkut leaders now in Moscow-hardly a surprise.
Anyone not seeing the high probability of the command chain is not accepting the highly likely reality.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

lordtiberius

« Reply #1323 on: January 26, 2015, 08:21:31 PM »
FT will ignore your direct demands to morally defend Putin but he will change the subject, morally equivocate, insult, project and mislead.  He is a moral degenerate.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1324 on: January 26, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »
FT will ignore your direct demands to morally defend Putin but he will change the subject, morally equivocate, insult, project and mislead.  He is a moral degenerate.

I'm not afraid to discuss the issues and give my viewpoint!  It is YOU that have the issues, but I'm ok with you putting them on display with your 'superior' morality.   :D   

Fathertime!   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541284
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701