It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why do u look for a wife abroad?  (Read 35421 times)

Offline Zhena

Why do u look for a wife abroad?
« on: February 06, 2006, 08:33:47 AM »
This question makes me very curious and I still didnt get an answer what would satisfy me...

What make u guys to go so far and look by agencies? I guess everybodys reaosn is different; I will be very grateful if u will write about urs. And I promise I will tell u my motivation-later.:)

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 08:56:18 AM »
Fiancee,

While I didn't look exclusively to find a RW or even a wife, I didn't exclude the posibilities either.  My travels to Russia were great adventures where finding a wife was not the major issue or even a consideration at the time.  I went to visit the homeland of my family and to meet a great woman I had gotten to know over the phone.  I had no preconceived notion as to where that would lead.

One's life journey takes some unusual twists and turns and 8 years later I find myself happily married to that beautiful woman that lured me to Russia.  My story was not a well laid out plan, but something that just evolved as events occured.  Looking back on it all now, it was an improbable story that just happened.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline ccarten

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 09:06:02 AM »
I had recently divorced back in the late 90's and was looking online for local sites (dating agencies) and when doing a search for dating sites, many of the Russian women sites came up as hits.  I did some reading on them and decided, why not?  I found some of the freebie sites and sent out some e-mails and got a good response so I just took it from there.  Been married to Tanya from Ukraine since 2001.

Clay

Offline Bruce

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 09:08:56 AM »
Sounds like a troll to me, but I'll play along to an extent.......................

1.  Write complete sentences in English and you may be taken seriously.   Native English speakers understand spelling (we type quickly and make some ourselves) and grammatical errors.  We know English is your second or third language and we have great respect for those that can learn more than one language.  Writing words such as you with U is not acceptable. 

2.  Guys generally search abroad because they believe they have what it takes to attract and hold a girl that is younger, prettier and just as intelligent as a girl they could attract and hold back home.  They understand that they will have to help their new wife tremendously at first, but know they have the time, patience, dollars and personality to make it happen with the right woman.

3.  Some guys want to relocate to the FSU or want future generations to have that option so they seek to marry a girl from the FSU.

4.  Guys generally use agencies because they have a limited amount of vacation time, perceive that an agency can help them use their vacation time more effectively and efficiently and have a pre-screened database of girls honestly interested in men from abroad who meet certain criteria. 
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 09:16:32 AM »
Bruce,

If you look back on Fiancee's past posts, you will see that her grammer and spelling are very consistant.  She is certainly not a troll.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zhena

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 09:26:42 AM »
Quote from: Bruce
Sounds like a troll to me, but I'll play along to an extent.......................

1.  Write complete sentences in English and you may be taken seriously.   Native English speakers understand spelling (we type quickly and make some ourselves) and grammatical errors.  We know English is your second or third language and we have great respect for those that can learn more than one language.  Writing words such as you with U is not acceptable. 

2.  Guys generally search abroad because they believe they have what it takes to attract and hold a girl that is younger, prettier and just as intelligent as a girl they could attract and hold back home.  They understand that they will have to help their new wife tremendously at first, but know they have the time, patience, dollars and personality to make it happen with the right woman.

3.  Some guys want to relocate to the FSU or want future generations to have that option so they seek to marry a girl from the FSU.

4.  Guys generally use agencies because they have a limited amount of vacation time, perceive that an agency can help them use their vacation time more effectively and efficiently and have a pre-screened database of girls honestly interested in men from abroad who meet certain criteria. 
Thank u,Bruce,ur reply seems to me the most honest. But sorry,I will write such as is comfortable for me. If u wont take me serious,I wont be too upset.;) Who wish to understand-will understand.

Offline Zhena

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 09:28:26 AM »
Quote from: KenC
Bruce,

If you look back on Fiancee's past posts, you will see that her grammer and spelling are very consistant.  She is certainly not a troll.

KenC
Thank u,Ken.

Offline Zhena

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 09:41:48 AM »
Now about the russian women(FSU). First,I wont tell that the men here are bad. No,they are not-but the number of good men is less than women. Here are many beautiful and educated women. But historically,the women in FSU are quite submissive. They are not protected by laws. They are helpless and have to adjust to the men. Men have a wide choice. The good ones getting marry early,right after university or even earlier(the middle age is 25). So,if ure wasnt ready to marry at 25,later u ll see most of married men around and ur chances to marry will fall down. I want to say,that this is my personal opinion and my case. For sure,there are many green card women and girls who marry anyone just to leave the country and get the green card. That is very sad,but u guys must be picky and look carefully who u dealing with. There are many good women who looking for a family just cos cant find it here ...cos a litttle of free men at this age.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 09:46:46 AM »
OK, thanks Ken.  

Many women I have encountered in the FSU share your opinion about the "lack of good men," in the FSU.  You have to hope that a "good" man comes to you from the West, since not all are "good."  You'll have to ask the agency owners out there, but I believe slightly more than half of the Westerners seeking a wife in the FSU really are "good" men and are not really sex tourists or are so disfunctional that they could never have a relatively normal family.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Oosik

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 09:52:25 AM »
Not to be rude, but the "U" instead of "you" is annoying. When you communicate, the goal is for the other person to receive your message, not "write in the way that is comfortable for me". That is selfish and lazy, exactly one of those things that many of us are trying to avoid by going to the FSU. If it is annoying to read "U" then people tend to skim or skip the posts or whole parts of it, in that case YOU have failed to communicate.

For me, I went to the FSU because at (now) 38, my chances of finding a US woman young enough to have kids and young enough not to be carrying around loads of emotional baggage is slim to none. Too often, western women party and slut around like crazy, waiting until they can see the damage in the mirror (or in the nursery) before they are ready to settle down. I don't want leftovers. I don't want to be the "nice guy" who cleans up the mess and does the heavy lifting.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 09:53:00 AM by Oosik »

Offline Zhena

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 09:52:32 AM »
OK, thanks Ken.  

Many women I have encountered in the FSU share your opinion about the "lack of good men," in the FSU.  You have to hope that a "good" man comes to you from the West, since not all are "good."  You'll have to ask the agency owners out there, but I believe slightly more than half of the Westerners seeking a wife in the FSU really are "good" men and are not really sex tourists or are so disfunctional that they could never have a relatively normal family.
The good and the bad people are everywhere. U have to look and spend some time with the person,and of course,visit her/his home. But the last reply ull get after living together for some time.

Offline Zhena

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 09:56:40 AM »
Quote from: Oosik
Not to be rude, but the "U" instead of "you" is annoying. When you communicate, the goal is for the other person to receive your message, not "write in the way that is comfortable for me". That is selfish and lazy, exactly one of those things that many of us are trying to avoid by going to the FSU. If it is annoying to read "U" then people tend to skim or skip the posts or whole parts of it, in that case YOU have failed to communicate.

For me, I went to the FSU because at (now) 38, my chances of finding a US woman young enough to have kids and young enough not to be carrying around loads of emotional baggage is slim to none. Too often, western women party and slut around like crazy, waiting until they can see the damage in the mirror (or in the nursery) before they are ready to settle down. I don't want leftovers. I don't want to be the "nice guy" who cleans up the mess and does the heavy lifting.
Can I ask YOU then who YOU want to be? How YOU see the family?

Offline Muj

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 10:23:40 AM »
Oosik,

I find ur response overly critical to someone learning English.  This is not a business report but more of an informal exchange of ideas, information, and opinions.  In my travels to many countries I learn to patiently listen too the content and learn.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 10:49:47 AM »
Quote from: engaged
Oosik,

I find ur response overly critical to someone learning English. 

Agree... Who here is able write in Ukrainian better that "a fiancee" write in English... not a lot i think :P

Offline Bruce

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 11:00:06 AM »
F U Lk Al F S Cd Mk Ez Ustd?  Hw U LK it?

I agree with OOsick's post above.  It is quite obvious the individual who started the thread can make herself understood when she wants to. 

« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 11:02:00 AM by Bruce »

Offline jb

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 11:04:31 AM »
I'm pretty tough on some folks, but you guys are getting absurd.  Cut the girl some slack, fer cripes sake~!

Offline Zhena

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 11:05:52 AM »
F U Lk Al F S Cd Mk Ez Ustd?  Hw U LK it?

I agree with OOsick's post above.  It is quite obvious the individual who started the thread can make herself understood when she wants to. 

If you dont like my posts just ignore it ok.

Offline al-c

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 11:06:03 AM »
Personally, I don't care how good their English is, as long as they try and endeavor to get better.  If I have to use a translator to understand her at first, so be it.

So why a Russian woman?  Well getting raked over the coals by my American ex had a lot to do with it.  And the coup de grace was September 11.  As an Arab, after 9/11 I could not buy a date with an American woman.  Russian women don't have that problem.

As compared to AW, the RW are more femnine without being weak, they are more family oriented without being isolationists from the world, and they are stylish without being impractical.  In other words, they are better women.

Sure there are problems, such as cultural differences.  But I don't see the problems as problems.  I see them as challenges to be overcome and at the same time an opportunity to learn about a very different culture and expand my own horizons.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 11:32:34 AM »
I would never travel anywhere or use an agency for the purpose of finding a wife.

U spellin-bee folks ought to pick on those learned in your native tongue.  Do you pull out the red pen and correct your penpals letters?

Offline Bruce

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 11:47:50 AM »
"I'm pretty tough on some folks, but you guys are getting absurd."

The point was not to pick on someone who communicates in English as a second or third language. 

The point was that if a poster makes an honest effort to communicate I am more than happy to give my opinion. 

People who know the word you, yet are writing U are making it difficult for some of us to translate their English. 

By writing U instead of you, when a poster clearly knows the difference in the word, spelling and sentence structure shows an attempt to provoke or laziness, either which was not her initial intent.  

If the purpose of her post was to get a response, it is in her interest to ask  her question in the clearest possible English. 

Clearly, by focusing on "U" we have already sent this thread on a different path than that intended by the original poster.................................which should teach her a lesson.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 11:50:00 AM by Bruce »

Offline Zhena

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 11:59:59 AM »
Bruce,dont try to teach me please. If YOU cant answer on my question,or dont want-please dont. Other people will answer.

Offline Zhena

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 12:05:04 PM »
I believe that the people who getting irritated by wrong spelling wont be able to live with a foreigner,especially the first time. Sure such marriage supposes some difficulties. A lot of patience is must...but after all if this is a right person,it costs!

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 12:46:43 PM »
Hi Fiance,

Your English is fine.  It is as good as my wife's and she has lived in UK for nearly 3 years:)

I did search for a wife in FSU.  Over 3 years.  Several trips.  Fell flat on my face a couple of times but eventually I did learn.  I met my wife Natasha in 2002.

How did I start dating Russians?  I went out with one who lived on Staten Island when I lived in NYC.  Met her family and friends.  Became intrigued.  Later met an agency owner (Volga Girl) and his wife and they persuaded me to make my first MOB trip. 

First 3 trips were flops from the viewpoint of meeting my other half.  On the other hand I had a BALL!!   Next trip I met Nelya from Kherson and got taken for a ride.  Good thing too.  It opened my eyes. 

Offline jb

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 12:53:16 PM »
I'm married, my wife just happens to be from Russia.

Offline Goldtop

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 01:05:56 PM »
RW found me - that is my email address. At the time I was dating an AW but I knew she wasn't the one. So I was curious and began searching on the Internet and learning about RW. The more I learned the more I found RW attractive. But beauty alone is not enough - I'm picky about finding a good family woman. This is what I was interested in learning about RW. My family is full of beautiful AW and I was going to have to do more than just add a beautiful RW to the mix. I had to find the right woman, where ever she came from. But for whatever reason I just wasn't finding an AW that met my standards - in fact I was disapointed in most of the AW I was meeting. And some of them were very attractive but I wasn't finding the right one. I see it as the reverse of the RM problem some RW describe.

Finally I decided to hop on a plane and meet a woman I had made friends with - through simple friendly emails. And I thank God I did. I feel very lucky - sometimes you have to take (calculated) risks to find what you're looking for.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541484
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3235
Most Online Ever: 12701