It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What would you do if this happen to you? Pt 1.  (Read 54718 times)

Offline Mishenka

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: What would you do if this happen to you? Pt 1.
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2009, 01:23:30 AM »
This whole thread is total nonsense!  No decent agency allows a client to marry some woman in this situation. STAY away from agencies!!!! They are a total rip off!! Especially this one~~~ What would I do in this situation?? Put the agency out of business. Shut down their internet site by destroying their servers and deleting their had drives.

Kevin, if this story is half true and I bet my life it is not, you should never have allowed this guy to even buy a second ticket with such fraud going on in all directions.  There is no way she could pass an interview in a US embassy with the history of this short relationship. Engaged after one week? no English? No time in the relationship? Nonsense. This thread is a joke.  Why bring back the dead among the living?

If this guy started to look again after this ordeal he deserves whatever he gets.  :cluebat:

Mishenka
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:27:02 AM by Mishenka »

Offline SilverBUllet

« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2009, 01:37:22 AM »
Mishenka, I think agencies, good or bad, probably in general can do more for local women than for western men. With the help of an agency many women can make connections they would perhaps not have been able to do on their own. In agency business there all all kids of stories of course. I am not defending it or promoting it, just realize that somethimes they can do good too. SB
В чужо́й монасты́рь со свои́м уста́вом не хо́дят.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Век живи́ — век учи́сь.
Live and learn.

Offline Kevin

« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2009, 09:29:12 AM »
From what I was told. The lady parents were either the one pushing for the marriage or the lady was lying to everyone. After spending some time talking to the lady I do not believe she was of sound mind.  However the lady did return and decide to marry the client after running away from her parents home and because we are dealing with two adults it is hard for any person or agency to really understand the mind set of the parties involved. An agency job is too introduce two people who come to us with the implied intention of finding someone for marriage.   Mind reading isn't one of my strong points.

Now that I look back on the situation. It is my impression (best guess) that economics played a good portion in her decision to seek marriage.  She did stay with the client in America for a few month before returning home for a family emergency (false story) and stayed with her old boyfriend not with her family(guess).  Today the client has started a new relationship and the lady has left her family and is living at a unknown location.

This being the first such case for me. I now advice clients that if they feel they are chasing a lady it is best to find another. As there should be no chasing but a mutual meeting in the middle by both parties.

The good news is we had 24 other marriages in 2008 that are still together and this was our only 2nd divorce in 9 years.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:47:58 AM by khersongirls »

Offline Simoni

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2009, 09:46:37 AM »
STAY away from agencies!!!! They are a total rip off!!

That is an over-reaction.  An agency hooked me up with one of the best ladies in the world.  Glad they did.

The good news is we had 24 other marriages in 2008 that are still together and this was are only 2nd divorce in 9 years.

More evidence.

There are pros and cons in the many ways of dating international girls.  But good agencies do work, and have many safe-guards compared to other means of finding a girl.

Offline HiTech

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2009, 01:57:51 PM »

chasing a lady it is best to find another.

This is some of the soundest advice I have heard of in this endeavor. 

HiTech
If you like aviation check out http://www.flyaceshigh.com

Offline Mir

« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2009, 02:57:39 PM »
An agency hooked me up with one of the best ladies in the world.  Glad they did.

Hmmm I wonder why you write one of the best and not the best lady in the world  :D

Offline Simoni

« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »
Hmmm I wonder why you write one of the best and not the best lady in the world  :D

Started to write "the best" but decided I don't have time for arguments today :-) LOL

Offline SilverBUllet

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »
The good news is we had 24 other marriages in 2008 that are still together and this was our only 2nd divorce in 9 years.

khersongirls, Has most of the marriages been with Americans over the years? My take on the situation is that mostly Americans are marrying Ukrainian and Russian ladies? In many fora there are discussions about this. Some say it is with Europeans because it is closer to Ukraine. Some say it is with next door Russian men. Still I think Americans are the most serious and adventures ones coming to Ukraine with serious intentsions. I am right in your experience and from what you might hear from other agencies?  SB
В чужо́й монасты́рь со свои́м уста́вом не хо́дят.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Век живи́ — век учи́сь.
Live and learn.

Offline kievstar

« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2009, 04:24:29 AM »
More Europe men are marrying RW than AM.  Working here in Brussels there all over the place.  I just hired a woman from Ukraine who married a Swiss guy to get a visa and now looking for a real husband. 

Offline Simoni

« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2009, 05:28:30 AM »
More Europe men are marrying RW than AM.  Working here in Brussels there all over the place. 

Agree.   An fsu girl would typically prefer a European man for several reasons, with the number one reason being geography.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1878
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM