It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439770 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Most of the suffering in Italy that followed, and the eventual global spill of it, did not have to happen had it not been for Italy's utter dependency to its new overlord, China. Instead of heeding the early warning back in November that something is seriously wrong that people are dying of some strange and severe cases of pneumonia, they instead played a silly game of 'Hug-a-Chinese' and even hosted a special concert to the Chinese delegates.

Because of this stupid brown-nosing, look what happened to so many people in the aftermath.

Written as if the virus wasn't already transmitting via community spread in your own back yard at the time, hidden within cases of influenza.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/new-postmortem-covid-19-began-us-january-mistaken-flu-12668646

Offline Shadow

• Trips: > 10
Most of the suffering in Italy that followed, and the eventual global spill of it, did not have to happen had it not been for Italy's utter dependency to its new overlord, China. Instead of heeding the early warning back in November that something is seriously wrong that people are dying of some strange and severe cases of pneumonia, they instead played a silly game of 'Hug-a-Chinese' and even hosted a special concert to the Chinese delegates.

Because of this stupid brown-nosing, look what happened to so many people in the aftermath.
Everyone is to blame except the people themselves...."There are just 15 cases, by April it will have disappeared".
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Written as if the virus wasn't already transmitting via community spread in your own back yard at the time, hidden within cases of influenza.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/new-postmortem-covid-19-began-us-january-mistaken-flu-12668646

It’s ok BC, you’re desperately reaching. I already posted that here before. Unfortunately it doesn’t change the Italian reality. The Nocal west coast strain didn’t spread and was contained. The suspicion was contact was made from a person that came in from Wuhan. They suspected that in the first week of January. By the third week Trump made the swift decision to ban flights from China despite an overwhelming objection and ridicule from liberals like you.

It wasn’t until Americans began coming back from Europe that all hell broke loose. Of course you already knew the reason why, right?

Do you think what the Italian government did was cool by ignoring the early cases in November so as not to offend your overlords?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:53:37 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

Everyone is to blame except the people themselves...."There are just 15 cases, by April it will have disappeared".

You should really pay attention a little better next time. This is just like your silly statement about a 95% effective vaccine is nothing.

What was said was ‘there’s a theory that by April when it will become warm, this will all disappear’.

So a) it was remarked as a theory; b) Trump delivers information conveyed to him by the medical force group who gathered and meet prior to those briefing.

So explain how did this have any similarity about what the Italians caused the world over.

Hmmmm? :devil:
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
As if anyone needed more to worry about. Nigerian scammers applying for unemployment in US.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/05/u-s-secret-service-massive-fraud-against-state-unemployment-insurance-programs/
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Shadow

You should really pay attention a little better next time. This is just like your silly statement about a 95% effective vaccine is nothing.

What was said was ‘there’s a theory that by April when it will become warm, this will all disappear’.

So a) it was remarked as a theory; b) Trump delivers information conveyed to him by the medical force group who gathered and meet prior to those briefing.

So explain how did this have any similarity about what the Italians caused the world over.

Hmmmm? >:D
Very simple.  Blme the Chinese for letting it out of their country, blame the Italians for not doing enough. M anwhile...

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
As if anyone needed more to worry about. Nigerian scammers applying for unemployment in US.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/05/u-s-secret-service-massive-fraud-against-state-unemployment-insurance-programs/

Looks like they're hitting my state hard. We have the best unemployment insurance in the USA. People can get $790 a week plus the extra $600 a week the federal government is giving amounts to $1390 a week those Nigerian scammers are getting. I wonder who they're going to vote for in the next election?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
Looks like they're hitting my state hard. We have the best unemployment insurance in the USA. People can get $790 a week plus the extra $600 a week the federal government is giving amounts to $1390 a week those Nigerian scammers are getting. I wonder who they're going to vote for in the next election?

You mean them and their dead relatives? Hillary

Offline BillyB

PM Boris Johnson doesn't want citizens to buy Chinese. Will you guys over there do your part to comply?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/uk-pm-johnson-orders-for-plans-to-end-reliance-on-chinese-imports-the-times/ar-BB14qVRT?ocid=spartanntp

Although China reports only 82 active cases for the entire country and no deaths for a long time, they place 108 million people under lockdown.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-18/over-100-million-in-china-s-northeast-thrown-back-under-lockdown
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:04:36 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

FAKE NEWS alert .. Billy's lying

PM Boris Johnson doesn't want citizens to buy Chinese. Will you guys over there do your part to comply?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/uk-pm-johnson-orders-for-plans-to-end-reliance-on-chinese-imports-the-times/ar-BB14qVRT?ocid=spartanntp

BoJo wants to avoid 'over-reliance' on Chinese meds and other strategic imports... Why misrepresent folks words, BillyB ?

Offline BillyB

Moby is upset about the thought of having to stop buying Chinese. Of course Boris can't tell the citizens what to do. He can set an example that you aren't liking. He's going to roll back the amount of your tax dollars going to China. Are you going to participate in "project defend" or continue to help hostile nations?

Offline Shadow

I will stop buying McDonalds. and KFC on the request of BillyB.  >:D

Offline BC

It wasn’t until Americans began coming back from Europe that all hell broke loose. Of course you already knew the reason why, right?

Do you think what the Italian government did was cool by ignoring the early cases in November so as not to offend your overlords?

Could well have caught it and brought it back to Europe myself during my return travels from the US late last year, who knows.. All airports were packed.  We'll know more as time goes by as this bug has been around longer than we thought and flying under the radar during influenza season for some time.  Ignoring? without a test available and a few obscure reports before the word Covid-19 was coined? Not every case of influenza is tested, go home, take an aspirin and call if it gets worse. Yeah right, a sure deliberate attempt to infect the world and give Trump a black eye.  Had the US locked down when Italy did there would likely be less than 20k dead now instead of reaching 100k.  Do you think it was 'cool' that we in the US ignored it for so long instead of acting?  Was it 'cool' to insist on going through the process of developing our own CDC test when one was already available? For all intents and purposes would you consider such delayed action as deadly irresponsible considering all signs were on the horizon?

In any case, went and got my antibody test this morning to see if what I caught a few months ago was covid or not.  Will get the results tomorrow morning. If positive I'll automatically get the swab to prove I'm no longer infectious gone and start planning my next trip back to the US to visit my parents and vote with a bit of confidence that I otherwise would not enjoy in a high-risk country with the most active infections on earth.  If negative, I'll send off for an absentee ballot and mail it in, continuing to be very careful despite the much lower risk here.

20 bucks private payment without a prescription, got there early no line at all.  This at the bottom of the Italian boot in this poor, depraved, backwards country that can't do shit right.  Got yours yet?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:35:48 AM by BC »

Offline msmob

BC, how do you know if your test was a 'reliable' one, plenty aren't .

Which govts. are accepting such tests as 'proof' you haven't got 'it', again ?

Offline BC

Moby,

It's the Roche test they are using, I asked.

http://www.repubblica.it/dossier/salute/labrevolution/2020/05/22/news/test_sierologici_coronavirus_patente_immunita_cosa_c_e_da_sapere-257336147/?refresh_ce

Although they won't be giving out immunity passports, I'll at least know and can act accordingly.  Specificity greater than 99.8% and sensitivity of 100% is good enough for me.  If positive I'll do the swab test and be fully informed as to my status.  If I am positive and don't do the swab test I'll have to quarantine.

Car wash place is open now as well so got the car fully cleaned on the way back from the lab. They are doing inside ozone treatment for all cars as well before they clean which I thought was pretty smart.  Gives their customers and workers a bit of additional confidence.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:30:43 AM by BC »

Offline msmob

Moby,

It's the Roche test they are using, I asked.

http://www.repubblica.it/dossier/salute/labrevolution/2020/05/22/news/test_sierologici_coronavirus_patente_immunita_cosa_c_e_da_sapere-257336147/?refresh_ce

Thank you, BC, that's certainly the one the UK ( hitherto in possession of "one world's leading tests" - UK's Health Sec Jan 23/2020  :rolleyes:) have (finally)  ordered as reliable.

Although they won't be giving out immunity passports, I'll at least know and can act accordingly.  Specificity greater than 99.8% and sensitivity of 100% is good enough for me.  If positive I'll do the swab test and be fully informed as to my status.  If I am positive and don't do the swab test I'll have to quarantine.

I'm still unclear as to why having the anti-bodies present means some nations think you can't get 'it' , again ...  Acquired immunity and the length of  any immunity ( if at all ) is not proven either way...

Car wash place is open now as well so got the car fully cleaned on the way back from the lab. They are doing inside ozone treatment for all cars as well before they clean which I thought was pretty smart.  Gives their customers and workers a bit of additional confidence.

Ozone treatment ? Never heard of that before ..  Had to look it up ...

Offline BC

I'm still unclear as to why having the anti-bodies present means some nations think you can't get 'it' , again ...  Acquired immunity and the length of  any immunity ( if at all ) is not proven either way...

That is why there will be no immunity passports issued here.  Maybe sometime down the road when all this has been proven in humans.

In any case, will still remain prudent despite anecdotal and logical evidence that reinfection should be very rare. I believe enough time has past to build a bit of confidence in that area for the time being.  Given more time we'll know for sure.

Offline msmob

That is why there will be no immunity passports issued here.  Maybe sometime down the road when all this has been proven in humans.

In any case, will still remain prudent despite anecdotal and logical evidence that reinfection should be very rare. I believe enough time has past to build a bit of confidence in that area for the time being.  Given more time we'll know for sure.

Unfortunately, I'm an 'expert' re viral infections ..

1/ I have anti-bodies present for HSV I/II

2/ I have never shown symptoms ( had an episode)

3/ Yet, apparently I COULD infect another - even a long term partner

4/ No vaccine / cure for it..

5/ I could at some time, show symptoms ..as my long-term partner could infect me ..

6/ So no immunity

Offline GQBlues

Could well have caught it and brought it back to Europe myself during my return travels from the US late last year, who knows.. All airports were packed.  We'll know more as time goes by as this bug has been around longer than we thought and flying under the radar during influenza season for some time.

There you go in your desperation again, BC. Losing sight of the forest through the trees. I thought by now it's common knowledge determining outbreaks, peaks, flare-ups of the global pandemic. It’s like a wave. Anyone can see the geologic sequence on where the virus is hitting and becoming hotspots. It is far likelier YOU and your infectious self, considering you came from Italy, spread the infection in that crowded US airport than the other way around.

Italy was the front and center of COVID-19 in Europe, then spread wide in western Europe, and eventually the US. The rest is, well, history...

Ignoring? without a test available and a few obscure reports before the word Covid-19 was coined? Not every case of influenza is tested, go home, take an aspirin and call if it gets worse. Yeah right, a sure deliberate attempt to infect the world and give Trump a black eye.

Those severe/strange cases of pneumonia were hardly cases of people being sent home. They were dying BC. LMAO! Is that what they're now telling you folks there?

Had the US locked down when Italy did there would likely be less than 20k dead now instead of reaching 100k.  Do you think it was 'cool' that we in the US ignored it for so long instead of acting?  Was it 'cool' to insist on going through the process of developing our own CDC test when one was already available? For all intents and purposes would you consider such delayed action as deadly irresponsible considering all signs were on the horizon?

LMAO! Ask the UK how the lockdown is working out for them? Remember New Rochelle? That place became a hot point after the ‘quarantine’. The worst thing that happened in NY/NJ, where almost half of the nation’s cases are, was that it was being governed by Democrats. But even Cuomo admitted that 2/3 of their fatalities were those who sheltered at home. That is of course, in addition to his mandate making it a law to admit positive cases of COVID cases back into nursing homes and long term care facilities. Nearly killed all its residents shortly thereafter, man!

LMAO! Both idiots, De Blasio and Cuomo have Italian ancestry just like our mayor Garcetti (LA being the ‘worst’ in California). Pretty telling considering what happened in Italy. :devil: They were all using pretty but stupid and meaningless graphs like you do. Must be ‘in the blood’. No pun intended.

So to answer your questions, no it wasn’t cool we have Democrats governing many of our states. That proof is in the pudding apple pie in the eye. I noted you didn’t answer my question to you though :devil: but that’s okay! You must think it was cool for the Italian government to do what they did.

In any case, went and got my antibody test this morning to see if what I caught a few months ago was covid or not.  Will get the results tomorrow morning. If positive I'll automatically get the swab to prove I'm no longer infectious

Here’s another good example of a mindless ‘sheeple’ doing something with no clue . Even Roche will tell you, serology test literally is meaningless right now. The only sure thing it’ll give you is possibly a false sense of comfort. You should’ve read up on that first. I mean, it ain’t gonna kill you for taking it, but I hope you’re aware what it doesn’t guarantee you much of anything. Even if there’s strong presence of IgM and IgG, no one knows the shelf life, much less if it renders you immune.

There’s a wide variety of antibodies our bodies produce. While Roche’s test and a few others have a specific/sensitivity accuracy to hone in on COVID-19, but even then, it doesn’t mean you’re immune if you tested positive. It doesn’t even mean you won’t get infected again, or even stop you from spreading it. But if it makes you somehow feel ‘safe’, I guess that’s half the battle for some folks. Especially living within in Italy I suppose.

… gone and start planning my next trip back to the US to visit my parents and vote with a bit of confidence that I otherwise would not enjoy in a high-risk country with the most active infections on earth.  If negative, I'll send off for an absentee ballot and mail it in, continuing to be very careful despite the much lower risk here.

Putting criminals in DC for 8 years wasn't enough for you to maybe take some self reflection these days, BC?

20 bucks private payment without a prescription, got there early no line at all.

I can’t believe they charge you that much. It’s free with my insurance. Likely with everyone else, too. There are labs here, in consultation with your doctor, that charges $10.00/test. LabCorp is one of them. At the beginning of this month, we nearly decided to consult with a nearby clinic to have our entire staff and crew get their serology tests. Company was going to foot the entire bill. We were advised against it for reasons mentioned above. It could well spell complacency, etc..

PCR testing is also now free where we are. How’s that for an inferior healthcare system?

This at the bottom of the Italian boot in this poor, depraved, backwards country that can't do shit right.

Yeah. Especially if you take note Spain, France, the UK, etc...didn't subjected their citizens to what you guys in Italy did. Heck, I don't think Bangladesh did either and they're a 3rd world country! LMAO! In the US, despite its YUGE number of cases, we have thousands of beds, ventilators, etc...that were left unused. Had it not been for the last Stooge's administration leaving this country in such a mess, PPE's would not have been initially a challenge. But as always, Trump took care of that 'el pronto' Gringo!

Got yours yet?

I was going to, but it's useless for now. See above.

Was there actually a 'point' in posting the picture, BC? LMAO!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:37:40 AM by GQBlues »

Offline msmob

Ask the UK how the lockdown is working out for them?

Good question...

Think how bad it have been if the govt hadn't woken up ..?

How's your 'shining example', Sweden doing .... ?  Oh wait a mo..

Sweden becomes country with highest coronavirus death rate per capita for last 7 days

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/20/sweden-becomes-country-highest-coronavirus-death-rate-per-capita/

Offline GQBlues

Good question...

Think how bad it have been if the govt hadn't woken up ..?

How's your 'shining example', Sweden doing .... ?  Oh wait a mo..

Sweden becomes country with highest coronavirus death rate per capita for last 7 days

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/20/sweden-becomes-country-highest-coronavirus-death-rate-per-capita/

Cool! Now you seem to finally grasp what 'per capita' means...took long enough

Now all you need to grapple with is exactly what the Swedish's health ministry had been saying all along so you won't have to be hand fed with information along the way...

:devil:

Offline msmob

GQB just got busted re Sweden...

What is his 'reaction? ... Suggests *I* do not understand stats......

Offline msmob

Brilliant 'Pretty Pathetic', our fibbing Home Secreatary announced infections are UP...and in the next paragraph tells up because infections are down we must protect our borders....

14 day self quarantine at UK border announced....not at all closing the the door lol after the horse has long gone...

On the day when it is reckoned 30k lives would have been saved, if the lock down had been ordered a week earlier...'priceless'..(

Source:metro.co.uk.

Offline GQBlues

GQB just got busted re Sweden...

I'm obviously much too fast for you, ol' chap...

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24283.msg535313#msg535313

Just because your brain function is a bit handicapped, well...do try to keep up, will yah..

What is his 'reaction? ... Suggests *I* do not understand stats......

Not only stats...but let's not forget this too: http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24217.msg531137#msg531137

So, Sweden deaths now at 282 up 182 from 180 ...... that's over ONE HUNDRED percent in a day ...

:devil:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:23:56 AM by GQBlues »

Offline Shadow

Sweden is lucky that a lot of people live in the woods out of the main cities.
But I doubt that their economy will be happy when countries keep their borders closd for travellers from wdn due to them not having control over the local version of the pandemic.
On the other hand, IKEA has re-opned around her causing hundreds of Germans to sneak across the border.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM