It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: AJ...Angelo Prague.  (Read 3290 times)

Offline PeeWee

AJ...Angelo Prague.
« on: July 08, 2006, 10:19:06 AM »
Yo, AJ, Michaelangelo. May travel to Prague in mid August. Was hoping for Amsterdam but Lena is reluctant to try for the Schengen visa. The easier route might be to meet in Prague. I've done a search on "prague". I had not considered visiting there. Are the natives friendly toward Americans?

Peewee

Offline PeeWee

Re: AJ...Angelo Prague.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 12:34:05 PM »
The Delta visa webpage says that a visa is required for a citizen of the Russian Federation and that the visa would be secured via the Czech consulate in russia. It also says that a visa can be obtained on arrival in the Czech Republic. What was your experience?

Peewee

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 09:20:34 PM »
Yo, AJ, Michaelangelo. May travel to Prague in mid August. Was hoping for Amsterdam but Lena is reluctant to try for the Schengen visa. The easier route might be to meet in Prague. I've done a search on "prague". I had not considered visiting there. Are the natives friendly toward Americans?

Peewee
Prague is a beautiful and magical city.  Better than Amsterdam in my opinon.  And yes, the people there were very friendly :-)
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 12:08:01 AM »
Prague is a beautiful and magical city.  Better than Amsterdam in my opinon.  And yes, the people there were very friendly :-)

The visa? Is it gotten from the Czech consulate in Moscow or is it a visa that can be had at the boarder/airport? The Delta webpage was not clear, I thought.

Peewee

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 07:47:04 AM »
The visa? Is it gotten from the Czech consulate in Moscow or is it a visa that can be had at the boarder/airport? The Delta webpage was not clear, I thought.

Peewee
my fiancee is from Ukraine.  She had the travel agency get it, along with the plane ticket.  All of it was under 400 bucks.  My guess is that the visa has to go to the czech consulate.   she can do that directly, or use a travel agency.  You'll love Prague.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline ronin308

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 10:48:53 PM »
I just got back from Prague.  It's the only place so far where my fiance wants to go back.  She's Ukrainian and we went with a Ukrainian tour company.   I think I wil detail it in a TR soon.

Offline GoodBrew

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 02:48:08 PM »
I was in Prague last year.  Most of the people who I encountered around Weceslas Square and Old Town Square spoke decent English.  The Lonely Planet guidebook for Eastern Europe was very useful for Prague.  You'll enjoy the city.  The food is good, the people are friendly, and the beer is excellent. 

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 11:18:01 PM »
Thanks, Ronin and Goodbrew, you have incouraged me. I should be there in about 3 weeks.

Peewee

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541276
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190