It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Whatever happened to?  (Read 25346 times)

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
Re: Whatever happened to?
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 12:21:12 AM »
Actually his name is Greg, aj & I havn't heard from him in some time actually. Can't recall what his Username was offhand. We were quite close at one point until he screwed me over on a deal that left me hanging in the breeze. Making promises he had no intentions in keeping & leading me on.
Anyway to my knowledge he did bring her over, wether they got married or not, I ain't positive but last I heard she was on the plane, that was last year sometime.
Havn't heard from him since. He posted here a couple of times way back when, but hasn't been heard from for months.
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2006, 05:47:21 AM »
AJ,
Facetrock?
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2006, 06:06:43 AM »
I seem to remember a Whisky-something giving you some grief Rvr. Was it him?

While I was on several other lists he would spout off his $h!t for awhile and would get booted. IIRC he has been kicked off of just about every list that I was on and I was on a lot them for awhile.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2006, 09:09:53 AM »
rvr- Thats right it was Greg.. he had called me a couple of times
over a year ago ,looking for some info , or just to BS. (his fiancee was from Dneper)and  I remember him talking about you as a friend..

KenC- i think you're right, SN was facetrock!
as his hobby was making jewelery?

They may be happily married by now,  who knows..
it was just such a very convaluted story , it would be cool to hear how it all finally went down..

I wonder how Bean is doing these days as well..
  his "rants" were just too funny... but in the end it seemed just a sad tale of a decent guy wanting to do nice things for his family and got screwed.. :(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 09:19:38 AM by AJ »

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2006, 01:06:54 PM »
I was always thinking his name was Face Trock until a jeweler friend (from RWG) referred to him as Facet Rock.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2006, 03:44:03 PM »
Facetrock business was concrete work. Don't you know by know the construction guys get the good looking girls? Ain't that right KenC? I don't know if Facetrock was able to keep her though. He suddenly disappeared not finishing his story.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2006, 04:55:53 PM »
I was always thinking his name was Face Trock until a jeweler friend (from RWG) referred to him as Facet Rock.

Clyde, what ever happened to Baby Jane?

Peewee

Offline KenC

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2006, 09:51:28 PM »
Facetrock business was concrete work. Don't you know by know the construction guys get the good looking girls? Ain't that right KenC? I don't know if Facetrock was able to keep her though. He suddenly disappeared not finishing his story.
Billy,
You're right about Greg being in the cement biz. Last I had heard he was heading over to spend some time with his girl during the winter as he can't do anything else in Wisconsin. I am sure he is busy with his business right now, but I will find out his status.
KenC
(Yeah, Billy, we do all right)

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2006, 04:20:09 AM »
Yep, your right it was Facetrock. He was a pretty decent guy all in all. Just sorta left me twisting in the wind once which kinda pissed me off but other than that he was okay.
I seem to remember a Whisky-something giving you some grief Rvr. Was it him?
No, different dude Ken.
He actually owned the cement buisness or should I say his family owned it. Had money to burn compared to me & thats for sure. I would like to know how it turned out for him though. Hope he did okay. Last I heard they were getting together so they could well be married by now & living happily, who knows. Might have to look & see if I still have his email addy.
I kinda miss Bean as well, he was great for a good laugh now & again.
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2006, 09:34:36 AM »
Who was the Canadian attorney who posted on RWG? I think he used an Avatar of Bart Simpson. He seemed to be a younger guy about 36 years old and I think he used Russian text for his signature. I seem to remember him as being very serious.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 09:45:10 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2006, 12:09:11 PM »
not the same guy ,but it reminds me of another-

Muckracker-

Offline jb

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2006, 12:15:29 PM »
Muckraker is still around.

He was a lawyer from San Antonio, TX.  Actually practiced Immigration Law, if IRC.

He was planning to move to the Pacific Northwest because his wife's father was wanting to immigrate to Canada, but I have no idea if he ever actually made the move, or if the family plans ever materalized.  Her dad is a sea captain from Vladivostok, I think.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2006, 12:59:18 PM »
yeap jb, thats how i remember it..
texas immigration attorney,,
and he went and lived for awhile in vlad even.

just wondered how thier tale went..

Offline jb

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2006, 01:13:07 PM »
Well, as far as the tale goes,,,, the last I'd read, they are married now and doing very well.  Very much in love and all that happy horse-hocky.  He impressed me as having a very level head on his shoulders and she was very much in love with him. And yes, he spent several months in and out of Vladivostok.

Of all the couples we knew from that time, I'd say they are among the better candidates for success.  Nice people, I liked them.

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2006, 01:58:46 PM »
I knew Muckraker was a lawyer but not an immigration attorney. This explains why he made it plain his dislike for me and his being in favor of VAWA laws that made it easy for his practise. I had suspected that he favored these laws for his own selfish purpose. Now I know why. I have seen on attorney's websites that they charge $2500 a pop to file a I-360 spousal abuse petition and some rather healthy additional hourly fees.   

A month ago I talked with a PRINCIPALED man a retired District Director INS about the subject of VAWA and it's effects. He said he called Arlington VA when this was being instituted back in 1996. He told them that without the men being allowed to defend themselves and present their evidence to the INS that thousands of these men would be falsely accused, jailed and for some even imprisioned. They said they knew this but they were going to go ahead and do it anyway.

So now we have a system in place through the Vermont Service Center where men are labled "Abusers" without their being able to defend themselves. For the love of God and Country is this fair? Is this just? What about the right to defend yourself? Is this the new Amerika that you favor? Muckraker does...

Muckraker has senority and ties in these RW forums so would I suspect he would be defended.

Maxx

Offline jb

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2006, 02:12:29 PM »
Maxx,

Muckraker needs no defense from me or anyone else.

I suspect if the truth were known, 99% of his immigration law practice clientele would be of hispanic origin, not Russian.  There is a thriving immigration law business in San Antonio, TX., that has nothing what-so-ever to do with the VAWA.

If he disliked you, and I doubt that he did, I'd guess it was for other reasons. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 02:18:13 PM by jb »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »
Maxx-
 Can't speak for Muck,
but I would think his support of such things came from simply the other viewpoint,,
and what the legislation intent was , and what it weas established to defend and prevent. Women who do get in abusive relationships with what seems no way out. It does happen?

So wether the regulations are completely unfair to the men involved ,
there is another side to the story?
It wouldnt mean Muck  was defending it, over such shallow hopes of monetary gain, i'd give him a bit more credit than that from his postings.
He may feel it's the lesser of two evils is all? Like those legislators who drafted the laws?

I do agree the laws are completely unfair..and one sided.

Just curiuos after all you've been thru,
are you still going to pursue RW?
You certainly have the experiences to *help* guide your luck some..  

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2006, 04:10:03 PM »
I do not believe in chosing the "lesser of two evils" for justice. This is just a ploy. Everyone has a right to a trial with time for discovery and preparing their defence. The 'rush to judgement' is supposedly to protect the woman. The temporary protective order is supposed to do that. So why the rush?

AJ you got to stop thinking so wishy washy about this issue. It's the Ms Cantrells of IMBRA backed by their congressional N.O.W. gang staffers who put the VAWA monstrosity together. They do not care about protecting women. They only want to break up the patrarchical family. Gloria Steinem said: "The patriarchy requires violence or the subliminal threat of violence in order to maintain itself...The most dangerous situation for a woman is not an unknown man in the street, or even the enemy in wartime, but a husband or lover in the isolation of their own home." Feminist analysis states that a patriarchal society is a direct cause of domestic violence against women. Their aim is the break up of the traditional family and punish men not to protect women.

As far as the polititians being sincere? About as sincere as the woman prosecutor at Golden25's neck who only decided to drop the case against him because she was about to have a FOX news crew show up at her courthouse steps. She's up for re-election this Autumn.   

You and JB might find this amusing and informative

Abstracted from the Irish Times, September 18, 2000
One of the things that is extremely frustrating in dealing with sociological issues such as domestic violence are the presentation of the statistics.
Imagine a survey about relationships between cats and dogs that surveyed only cats. Inevitably, it would suggest that all conflict between cats and dogs is caused by dogs.
The conclusions would state unequivocally that cats are always "victims."
Therefore, to end the "battering" dogs must be banned from the house.
Dog lovers would protest that cats are deeply duplicitous creatures who feign innocence but are actually the cause of most of the difficulty. They would say that though dogs are demonstrably stronger than cats, most dogs are extremely gentle in their treatment of cats.
If anything, in the opinion of dog lovers, it is cats that seek to take advantage of their alleged weakness to torment and provoke dogs.
Uncommitted observers, having no bias towards either cats or dogs, would immediately point out the fallacy of a system of statistical analysis that excluded data from one of the parties to the alleged discord.
Invoking such an analogy with domestic violence, however, is likely to provoke pseudohysterical complaints about "blaming the victim" from those with interests in this issue. But the above analogy succinctly objectifies the current thinking in the domestic violence industry.

This part "Uncommitted observers, having no bias towards either cats or dogs, would immediately point out the fallacy of a system of statistical analysis that excluded data from one of the parties to the alleged discord." Well the USCIS operates with the same fallacy of a system by getting "evidence of abuse" only from the cats er... I mean women. The 20,000 immigration lawyers in the USA couldn't be more pleased.   

Maxx
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 04:16:59 PM by Maxx »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2006, 05:28:06 PM »
:::off topic::::
Maxx- in theory i agree with you.
Justice should be simple.black and white.Completely fair and untainted by anytthing but "right" or *wrong"  no gray areas..
in real life i know , and believe ,
there are many instances where one must choose the lesser of two evils, been there, done that.Remember i was stationed in the middle east.
 So have lived such  *lesser of two evils* situations, at much higher stakes than a DV charge.The more i've seen in life, the larger the grey areas of right and wrong become in the human rights arena, and  what mankind will do to each other,especially to the innocent.
   I understand  the knee jerk reactions of human rights groups,
 and the politicians quick to jump on the bandwagon to gain votes..
after all its hard to defend the need for "rush to judgement " in the case of abused children or spouses.
  Maxx! A temporary restraning order is a frekkin' joke, and in your heart you know it. If I want to take you out, that would be the funniest thing to put in place.absolutely useless.
It is only good at protecting someone from a fellow law abiding citizen.
How *cough* protective is that in the real world?
from an abusive or violent person,.,often under some influence?
 Make no mistake,
I believe the laws you are refering to, are very unjust, and should be changed.
   I can just understand how such legislation  may have come to *be*
 and do not see all the black helicopters behind them..
although acknowledge there certainly could be variuos *agenda groups*
promoting thier own ideals.
  To be brutally honest maxx, i've long given up on true justice,
in this system or any other.
and have seen enough atrocities, that a guy taking a beating on a DV charge , however unfair, and sad, seems to pale in comparison tho the brutal unfairness of life in general in most of the world.
is that jaded and cynical enough for you?

The other thing is anytime you have some illusion of our justice system being *fair* then think about the unbeleivable *tort immunity* your local city council, or county board holds. They may pass anything at all, ANYTHING.
something like you can not wear green pants on saturday.
it can stomp all over  your constitutional rights.
the rush to judgement , is already made the monent they approve "whatever"
and can be instant. if you dont comply!
The burden of proof that your Constitutional rights were infringed upon, will lie on you..and your pocket book,  to take to a higher court.AFTER the fact.
The system is completely unfair at that level, we are only fortunant that most local goverment boards are kept in check by thier own wish to stay in thier seats the next election and some common sense, but the wheels are in place, that allow great unjustice.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:18:52 PM by AJ »

Offline Muckraker

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2006, 06:15:57 PM »
Whatever happened to Spyke?  One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was where to download a bootleg copy of the full Pimsleur course for free.

Maxx, the vast majority of VAWA petitioners are penniless. Lawyers aren't making money off of them, if anything, they lose money by doing so much of it pro bono, because the situations are usually just too heartbreaking. However, morons bringing over prostitutes on fiancee visas have lots of money, and they always run to their attorneys when things hit the fan.  Maxx, please stop telling these guys that they need to know who they are marrying first.  I need a new private jet!  ::)

Anyway, I find it ironic that we have never heard Elvira's side of the story, yet you expect us to freak out because some judge hands out a restraining order against you.  Should we believe everything you say?  Can you please explain what you meant when you told Elvira that you wouldn't file her papers unless she slept with you?  Can you please explain what you meant when you bragged after she had sex with you finally?  A woman who refused to sleep in the same room with you? Perhaps you can fool some of the newbies who don't know the whole story, but please remember that there are people out there that remember it as it played out, and worse, shudder to think of how screwed up you are by still going on, and on, and on, about this three plus years later.  Given the extent of the words that you have put into my mouth, I can only imagine how much BS you have liberally sprayed all over your story.  

But I like you Maxx, really.  Best of luck in everything that you do!

Muck

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2006, 07:38:24 PM »
Hello Muck. I don't understand those things you said I said.

Elvira slept with me (sex) on the first morning after she arrived. She got in bed with me. And did so a number of times after that. Sort of what she did. She however refused to sleep in the same room with me and was as cold as ice even during sex. Three weeks after she arrived we did file her AOS in Bloomington Mn. I brought my passport to prove I was her sponser and I paid the $830 for her and her son for this. She got her work EAD authorization card at that time. The next day we filed for her SS card with the use of the EAD. When the SS card came about 3 weeks later we went to the DMV and got her learner's permit to drive. She had already taken her written test. So she was well on her way with the AOS, EAD, SS# and DMV learners permit six weeks after she got here. There was never any threats by me to hold back on her documents. We did those in record time. I can scan these all tomorrow and post them for you. Bragging about sex? I may have mentioned it happened now and then. Towards the end it happened about once a week.

Elvira's side? Of course I would be a "MONSTER!" but would you expect anything different from her or any of your women VAWA clients about their husbands?

About going on and on and on. I have been busy with helping guys who get themselves in trouble by marrying these women so it keeps me in the thick of it. I just got done taking a call from a guy who has never been married to a Russian women but has run afowl of one. Protective orders served against him because he has served protective orders on her because get this..... he is a process server and she is a professional troublemaker. He had explain in court that he didn't slash her tires and try and break into her house and so on. I hear new interesting stories about these ladies almost daily. 

As far as protective orders being no big deal to you (I read it that way from this and your last post to me on the other board). Protective orders tarnish a person's reputation. They can prevent someone from getting certain employment. Now with IMBRA I have little desire to start out this way with a new RW. So that sort of answers AJ's question. IMBRA has a dampening effect on the MOB industry and with guys with only one "small" spot on their records like me.

I'll take your statement about likeing me as true. You wouldn't lie would you?

Maxx

Offline BC

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2006, 08:58:55 PM »
Maxx,

Never answer lawyers questions with more than a 'yes', 'no' or 'I can't recall' when in the 'box' LOL.

IIRC you were quite a sick pup back then.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2006, 09:27:47 PM »
I was really upset then but not perverse. That is a lawyer's tactic to paint a terrible picture of the accused for other people to ponder. Usually sex and/or something violent is suggested. People then try and imagine this happening. For some it then becomes their belief of the event. "Sick pup"? I felt like I had been beaten by a baseball bat and left for dead alongside a road. Ocassionally a guy breezing through like Muckraker would poke me with a stick... 

Maxx

Offline KenC

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2006, 10:53:46 PM »
Muckraker,
Thanks for popping in here. I have to tell you that your's was about the best trip report I have ever read. I was mesmerized by reading it. I hope everything worked out well for you.
KenC

Offline BC

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2006, 01:51:58 PM »
I"Sick pup"? I felt like I had been beaten by a baseball bat and left for dead alongside a road. Ocassionally a guy breezing through like Muckraker would poke me with a stick... 

Maxx

Maxx,

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I also remember quite well your posts indicating that you finally 'got some' (my words not yours).  At that time you still seemed optimistic.  This was before you finally caught wind as to what may have been really going on in your life.  Maybe Muck referrs to this same period?

Good lawyers are really quite interesting folks.. they have the uncanny ability to remember miniscule, obscure details (even those that those involved subconciously overlook).

Never, ever argue with a lawyer.. many live well from emotional reactions. I think a lawyer views the world in similar ways as RU folks do.  Maybe that explains his attraction to RU mentality.

I also enjoyed Muck's TR's..  He made it sound so f@cking simple.. LOL
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 01:53:33 PM by BC »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541438
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1946
Total: 1955

+-Recent Posts

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Yesterday at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 08:13:26 AM