It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello😊  (Read 19485 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello😊
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2020, 03:21:38 AM »
I'm not purchasing an invitation letter. Word of warning for those purchasing business invitations - I was asked to provide a cover letter from my sponsor stating reasons for business travel (first time). You may get knocked back if you don't have a legitimate reason for a business visa. I find tourist visas quite inflexible in comparison.

And not all embassies or consulates will work in the time frames you are accustomed to. Back to the point - if you think someone is going to jump on a plane for you after two weeks of online correspondence, well...

:cluebat:

Within three months is reasonable.

I'd have no problem providing the covering letter as I actually DO, do biz in / with RU citizens .. but thanks for the heads up..

Point is .. IF you really need to get out to RU..as long as you can spare giving up a passport for a week or more ... the 'coaches' are generally right ..

We are either guys of action ... or ..

Offline albajulia

• When nothing goes right...go left
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2020, 06:17:47 AM »
If the man has a valid visa, and he has a vacation, if the woman liked him and he wants to meet her - he can come after 2-3 weeks of communication. It all depends on the man's capabilities and desire. And I know many such cases.
Remember the saying ? Who wants to - looking for opportunities. Who does not want - looking for reasons.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 06:27:57 AM by albajulia »
"Never give up...You taught me never to give up and you were a good teacher, babe"

Im Evelyn, and Im happy😊

Offline albajulia

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2020, 06:23:52 AM »
By the way, what does this have to do with what I think?😊
 I just repeated the words of the Russian coaches. That's what they teach girls. "If a man after 2-3 weeks of communication does not announce the date of the meeting-do not waste time on him and look for another. "
"Never give up...You taught me never to give up and you were a good teacher, babe"

Im Evelyn, and Im happy😊

Offline GenMish

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2020, 06:58:10 AM »
That's exactly what I'm talking about. A man from the West can find a younger wife in the East. What do Russian coaches say in this case? In his own country, this man can't afford to have a younger, more beautiful wife-unless he's rich. While there are many women in the FSU who will agree to become his wife . Russian coaches say ( for example, about Americans) - a man of 50 years old, divorced, pays alimony. In America, it is difficult for him to find a wife, especially a young wife. While a woman from FSU is ready to marry him. Everyone gets what they want-a man a young wife, a woman a more or less comfortable life. It's good when people respect and love each other in such pairs.
 In any case, I'm always for love.🌹😘😘😘

Technology helps the American middle aged man that wants a young Western GF. There is a site called 'Seeking Arrangements', even men of modest means can have a young girl once or twice a week. Most girls there are college aged, and need money to finish their studies. A reasonable emotional relationship is possible, because for now they are more of a good girl than a bad girl.

in my case, after being married to a RW for 23 years, I opted for a young Asian GF from Laos. For now, we take vacations together. In the next few years, I will pick a resort area, establish a retiree type visa (depending on the country)buy a condo and stay 6 months a year while she lives there FT

Ive said this before, and I know its an unpopular opinion, nothing personal,  but I think a Western Man going overseas for a wife over 35 is stupid. My Ex went from sweet and adorable to a Stalin era Babushka by her mid 40s

Offline GenMish

« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2020, 07:20:11 AM »
My advice for RW seeking Western Men

Tell men what value you can bring to their lives, What do you bring to the table? Don't go with all the love, companionship, support and other intangible stuff. That goes in one ear and out the other. When I went to Russia 27 years ago, the girls and their families were showing me what value they had. Education, Cooking, Cleaning, Sewing, home gardens, Child raising commitment and ability, Home making abilities, Morals etc....Real Tangible items

Offline msmob

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2020, 07:39:24 AM »
My advice for RW seeking Western Men

Tell men what value you can bring to their lives, What do you bring to the table? Don't go with all the love, companionship, support and other intangible stuff. That goes in one ear and out the other. When I went to Russia 27 years ago, the girls and their families were showing me what value they had. Education, Cooking, Cleaning, Sewing, home gardens, Child raising commitment and ability, Home making abilities, Morals etc....Real Tangible items

'Tell' ?

Isn't that for US to find out when we spend time together ?

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2020, 08:10:22 AM »
If the man has a valid visa, and he has a vacation, if the woman liked him and he wants to meet her - he can come after 2-3 weeks of communication. It all depends on the man's capabilities and desire. And I know many such cases.
Remember the saying ? Who wants to - looking for opportunities. Who does not want - looking for reasons.

I've done a lot of reading here and some men won't decided to meet a woman until after a few months, half a year and some men even made their first visit to a woman after over a year of communication. Some men have work commitments. Some men need more time to communicate with a woman before deciding on a visit. Ideally it's best a MAN is able to make decisions quickly but some men have a hard time reading people quickly and need more time.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
Re: Hello
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2020, 08:38:24 AM »
By the way, what does this have to do with what I think?
 I just repeated the words of the Russian coaches. That's what they teach girls. "If a man after 2-3 weeks of communication does not announce the date of the meeting-do not waste time on him and look for another. "

The coaches are peddling some bad advice to you about men from the US. Any man worth having would be much more cautious than to jump on a plane to Russia after a couple of weeks of communication. Just as you would meet someone at your local market, you would want to talk and get to know, become acquainted with each other. This takes time, much more time with the distance. Most people can carry on a charade or an out right lie for a couple of weeks. Fooling someone as to your character or motives gets more difficult over time. I've been out of the game for a very long time now and technology has changed considerably since I was. However, with all of the traps, pitfalls and thievery in the MOB business, one must do their due diligence. It doesn't matter if he is traveling to meet one or many. This takes time. The logistics of planning and visas also take time. IMHO if he is a serious man he would have a plan and visiting in 3 months or soon after. Those guys in Europe could certainly arrive sooner. The Aussie guys about the same as US. Patience is key, but not too much patience
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 08:40:13 AM by Faux Pas »

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2020, 09:08:22 AM »
most Russians I've met are VERY conservative thinkers...
the Soviet Union encouraged conformity in its citizens, made them easier to control...

uniforms are worn both on the outside
and inside the minds of the people who wear them.

all young Pioneers must learn how to be good Soviet boys and girls...
don’t worry little ones...we’ll TEACH you...

so, this was how your parents lived...
and probably what they tried to teach you as well...

so to some degree, some amount...
you are a good Soviet girl...

who is supposed to behave a certain way....

my question to you is...

how’s that working out for you?
why not try something different?
something a good Soviet citizen would never dream of doing?
taking a risk....
and committing to a bold and deliberate course of action!

this is TOTALLY how I succeeded MULTIPLE times in the romantic quest that has thus far eluded you...
the difference is...
I went to your jungle, and hunted my prey there, and did so successfully EVERY time!
this is not bragging, or ego, just proving I know what the hell I am talking about
because I've done it

don't be such a dull good girl
learn how to build a fire in men's imagination....

if you entertain me...
in exchange, I will show you how to do this...

what do you have to lose compared to what you might gain?

note: before seriously considering the matter, please review the following web site:

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

so we will have a common reference point for our future conversation...

'spossiba

BTW, do you have a VK account?
also, are you interested in Russian cosmetics and facial care products by any chance?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 09:41:32 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2020, 09:40:38 AM »
Were your speculation true, the USSR would not have collapsed peacefully.  All those "conforming citizens" wouldn't have become capitalists overnight.

Incidentally, the better half is far more liberal in his views than am I, always has been.

This post was composed without the aid of gogole.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 09:52:22 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2020, 10:28:37 AM »
By the way, what does this have to do with what I think?😊

Maybe this is just me, or this is just lost in translation...the word is 'announce', which could easily mean 'planning' or 'discuss' but not necessarily meaning actually going over already. The actual visit date could be at some point in the (immediate) future, which may log say 2,3 4 months since meeting.

I can't envision idly speaking with anyone for 3 weeks void of any interest to spur me to discuss meeting in person at the not-too-distant future.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:35:49 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline jone

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2020, 10:39:15 AM »
Maybe this is just me, this is just lost in translation...the word is 'announce', which could easily mean 'planning' or 'discuss' but not necessarily meaning actually going over already. The actual visit date could be at some point in the (immediate) future, which may log say 2,3 4 months since meeting.

I can't envision idly speaking with anyone for 3 weeks void of any interest to spur me to discuss meeting in person at the not-too-distant future.

The intent of the man must be made clear to the woman.   I, personally, would not talk to a woman unless the intent to meet was discussed almost from the first day communicating.  Including a time frame.   We have members on here who remark that if you're not willing to get on a plane within two months of first talking to a woman, then you may very well miss out on another guy who will get there first.

But, then, I remark that the woman has to say the correct things as well.   A man is flying half way around the world for a blind date.   Aside from the substantial monetary commitment, the man is taking the time (the most expensive commodity) to get on that plane.   The woman better darn well know that he's not making the trip for slight interest.   

It is up to the man to gauge the woman's interest.   If she is not willing to commit her time and interest locally, in her city, why should the man make a trip on a plane that flies for 13 hours?   I can think of many, many, many stories where the woman has feigned interest and the guy gets off the plane only to find that her Grandmother is sick or that she can't get off of work, etc.

That is the reason, this stage of the relationship, that he better have a plan B and a plan C.   Or he will be staring at the ceiling of his hotel room, cursing his luck and all FSU women.   After all, what are a few discussions on WhatsApp?   They are nothing of a commitment in either direction.   Good intentions are easily misplaced by stark reality.   And the commitment of time and money is huge on the man's side.   Not so much for the woman.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2020, 01:06:56 PM »
I can truthfully say, I NEVER got off a plane to meet a lady and they were a no show ..

When I read of such things, I can only wonder if the guy had his wits about him ... ?

By the time I went, I knew the ladies address, and much more ..  The thought that she'd duck at the last minute never crossed my mind ..

*I* believe that might happen to guys who believe in VM ..  ?!

Offline rwd123

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2020, 03:48:34 PM »
I can truthfully say, I NEVER got off a plane to meet a lady and they were a no show ..
I've had no shows though my travel has never been for the sole purpose of dating women I'd never met before. Two women lived all the way in Siberia, one was on EM and she promptly deleted her profile after our non-rendezvous.

Obviously you need to make a decision on the intent of the man/woman, but it's far more subjective than "2-3 weeks or ditch him." It's really, really bad advice.

I am leaning towards the opinion that dating/marriage sites are on the same path as marriage agencies - largely obsolete. It's becoming a world of dating apps, even for international relations. I think Pat shares this view. But! There will be less women interested in dating a foreigner.

GenMish - if you and your girlfriend are happy then I see no issues with your relationship. Different strokes for different folks.

Offline jone

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2020, 04:42:32 PM »
I dated a gal in Mykolaiv who was seeing me only because her best girlfriend, who lives in the US, had put her up to it.  Her friend answered my first emails and subsequent communication and only when I sent her flowers did she actually come on Skype and we had our first conversation.   It worked out pretty well, meeting in Mykolaiv, and we remain friends to this day, but I share this because there are many hidden things at the time of first contact.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 05:03:56 PM by jone »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2020, 04:50:00 PM »
By the way, what does this have to do with what I think?😊 I just repeated the words of the Russian coaches. That's what they teach girls. "If a man after 2-3 weeks of communication does not announce the date of the meeting-do not waste time on him and look for another. "

Albajulia-

BTW, for the sake of information sharing, I forgot to ask you before since we're on the subject of 'women are told, or taught, by these Russian coaches in how to manage their dating situations.

Are you taught that if you begin to communicate with someone that you should NOT talk or communicate to anyone else? That you should only communicate, correspond / make plans, etc..with only one man?

How about you personally? Do you do this yourself? Are you true to the men when you are asked if you're corresponding to other men? What do you tell them?

Me personally, and what I did when I started, I told every single women from my first letter that I plan to write as many women as I can, and they should also do the same (write/meet men) UNTIL such point we meet in person where we can make better judgment if there's any chance of building a relationship and be 'exclusive'. Some women didn't agree, some women did.

One of those who agreed with me is my wife now for almost 16 years.

edit: Yes, I broke the hearts of those I met in person when I decided to pursue a relationship with my wife instead of them. Two, as a matter of fact, wrote me months and a couple of years after just to find out if I was still single (I can't blame them really. They've never met/known anyone like me before. I was a rock star in the USSR).  :devil:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 04:56:31 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2020, 05:53:43 PM »

I've had a no show. I communicated with a woman who was always happy to talk to me on the phone, even when she was at work. When I showed up in Kiev and called her, she told me she didn't want to meet and I then asked her a series of questions but before she'd answer, I'd hear a faint voice talking before she'd answer. I asked who that was and she told me it's her sister giving her the answers. I told her I want to hear it from her why she's not meeting me. She said her family doesn't want to her to meet me.  I told her she should do what she wants but if her family controls her life, I'm moving on. It's easy to get dates in the FSU. Maybe her family didn't want her to meet me because they don't want her to leave the country. Maybe racism played a part. Didn't matter to me. There are other options.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline albajulia

« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2020, 07:29:19 AM »
Albajulia-

BTW, for the sake of information sharing, I forgot to ask you before since we're on the subject of 'women are told, or taught, by these Russian coaches in how to manage their dating situations.

Are you taught that if you begin to communicate with someone that you should NOT talk or communicate to anyone else? That you should only communicate, correspond / make plans, etc..with only one man?

How about you personally? Do you do this yourself? Are you true to the men when you are asked if you're corresponding to other men? What do you tell them?

Me personally, and what I did when I started, I told every single women from my first letter that I plan to write as many women as I can, and they should also do the same (write/meet men) UNTIL such point we meet in person where we can make better judgment if there's any chance of building a relationship and be 'exclusive'. Some women didn't agree, some women did.

One of those who agreed with me is my wife now for almost 16 years.

edit: Yes, I broke the hearts of those I met in person when I decided to pursue a relationship with my wife instead of them. Two, as a matter of fact, wrote me months and a couple of years after just to find out if I was still single (I can't blame them really. They've never met/known anyone like me before. I was a rock star in the USSR).  :devil:
I chat with several men. When one of them asks me if I am communicating with someone else, I say yes. Someone is offended - "I thought you were communicating ONLY with me." I ask - "and you? Do you only communicate with me?" The response is usually silence.

Im Evelyn, and Im happy😊

Offline albajulia

« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2020, 07:48:01 AM »
Coaches teach girls not to delete a profile from a dating site until there is a ring on your finger. Only when a man makes an offer and gives a ring - you need to delete the profile.

Im Evelyn, and Im happy😊

Offline albajulia

« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2020, 07:49:12 AM »
And yes, I have VK profile

Im Evelyn, and Im happy😊

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2020, 09:23:12 AM »
I chat with several men. When one of them asks me if I am communicating with someone else, I say yes. Someone is offended - "I thought you were communicating ONLY with me." I ask - "and you? Do you only communicate with me?" The response is usually silence.

Thank you for your honesty. I agree with you.

This should put to rest the silly advice/opinion that men should only communicate with one woman because that's what women do. They call this WOVO (Write One, Visit One). Which brings me to the next question..

If you don't mind...

How would you feel, or women in general involved in the M.O.B., if you (or they) found out you were actually (what men here tell other men to do) what they call Plan 'B' or Plan 'C' woman?

What this means is, you were not Plan 'A", meaning you were not the first choice and is the reason why they went to Russia (or Ukraine). But since their first choice (Plan A) didn't like them when they met in person - they then become desperate and go to Plan B (maybe you) by calling and saying they are in your country to meet/visit you. They're in town not because of you, but because now they're desperate and don't want to be 'bored' and waste their money and vacation. You would not even exist if things worked out with Plan A.

This is one of the top 'expert' advice men give each other here. :devil:

« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:45:42 AM by GQBlues »

Offline msmob

« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »

*I* believed that if you have agreed to meet,( flts / accommodation booked )  then *I* would stop all other contact with other ladies - explaining why .... 

Honesty, visiting one lady at a time ( admittedly easier for me being in the Eastern Med at the time )  resulted in no, 'no shows' ..

If I had felt the lady wasn't putting other guys on hold ... I didn't visit .. I had a lady claim, "she'd been in correspondence with a guy a long time ...  I feel bad" ...   That was the soft lad's problem, for inaction ..

I've read of guys complaining of ladies:

a)  not returning msgs as fast as normal ..

b)  long periods of silence .. 

c) Going out out town .. 

I would have simply not bothered ...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:32:07 AM by msmob »

Offline albajulia

« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2020, 09:48:49 AM »
If I arrange a real meeting with a man - yes, I will not communicate with others. I don’t have enough moral strength for this. If I wait for a man, I wait for him, think about him, and I have no desire and strength for other men.
Whether I go back to the site or delete the profile depends on the outcome of the meeting.

Im Evelyn, and Im happy😊

Offline msmob

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2020, 10:15:02 AM »
If I arrange a real meeting with a man - yes, I will not communicate with others. I don’t have enough moral strength for this. If I wait for a man, I wait for him, think about him, and I have no desire and strength for other men.
Whether I go back to the site or delete the profile depends on the outcome of the meeting.

Quite...    :clapping:

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2020, 10:20:47 AM »

AlbaJulia-

While I can understand and even respect your POV above, I do not agree for the following, very simple, reason...

I refuse to engage in deep, personal level, much less emotional level with anyone I have not met in person. Thus, there will be NO morality involved in a totally platonic acquaintance. I won't engage in hours of communicating before we meet. It's utterly useless to me.

Whatever correspondence we share during this time will strictly be in a friendly manner. We are still strangers and until we meet in person, look at each other, talk face to face, watch one another - and more importantly 'feel' what it's like to be this close to each other in person - we would have no idea what meeting will make us feel about each other. I never cater to any women to spite myself ( I'm not a 'pussywhip' and never will be). Women are my equal as you have as much right to a decision as I do.

There will be plenty of time and opportunity after we meet to get deeper into better understanding each other. By then, both of us would be in the same state 'emotionally' and we'd be in better frame of mind to make that life altering decision.

..and THAT, is exactly what I mean!

edit: In case you missed the other question from my last post, please read and feel free to give me your opinion about it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:37:18 AM by GQBlues »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541014
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM