It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russian convicted of spying for the Brits poisoned (?) in the UK West Country ?  (Read 39024 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Ah Ha! So Russia was right that the nerve agent was made in the UK!

BillyB - once more - demonstrates the ease some folks absorb BS and then tell us it's 'fact'  :cluebat:

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine

Moby, you're as dumb as a box of rocks. How many times on this forum nobody thought I was serious about something but you? You're clueless to what goes on around you. Get your head examined.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

Moby, you're as dumb as a box of rocks. How many times on this forum nobody thought I was serious about something but you? You're clueless to what goes on around you. Get your head examined.

BillyB

You are as clueless as Trench as to what qualifies as 'humour'

If I was as tactless as you, your 'advice' would make sense.

Please come to Amesbury or Salisbury. ..or anywhere in Britain.. and claim you were 'joking'...

I live about a hour from Amesbury

Offline BillyB

Please come to Amesbury or Salisbury. ..or anywhere in Britain.. and claim you were 'joking'...

Russia has been regularly sneaking in radioactive material and weapons of mass destruction into the UK and the UK government hasn't punished Russia hard enough to discourage them from doing this again and you feel people are more angry at someone who makes a joke? The UK citizens should be screaming at their government for action.

I live about a hour from Amesbury

Yes, we know Moby. You living so close to Amesbury makes you an expert on everything Amesbury. You haven't talked to a soul there yet you know how they think about me.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

Russia has been regularly sneaking in radioactive material and weapons of mass destruction into the UK and the UK government hasn't punished Russia hard enough to discourage them from doing this again and you feel people are more angry at someone who makes a joke? The UK citizens should be screaming at their government for action.

I missed how successive UK govts not responding strongly enough previously to away games in the UK 'excuses' your lack of tact / 'sense of humour'

As usual, you attempt to BS your way out by deflection.

Yes, we know Moby. You living so close to Amesbury makes you an expert on everything Amesbury. You haven't talked to a soul there yet you know how they think about me.

Not being clued up as to feelings of locals is your thang....

I have 3 clients in Salisbury and 1 in Amesbury

I have talked to 1 each of 'em....

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Sergei Roldugin was identified as Putin's "bag man" a financial middle-man who helps launder Putin's "payments"
Putin's cousin "Igor" is his main money launderer

would be a shame if "something happened" to these guys 
might be disruptive

Offline msmob

Police 'identify Novichok suspects'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44883803

Offline msmob

..and now they've named them - with CCTV footage ..

European Arrest warrants issued - so if they try to enter the EU / EEA nations ...

There is no extradition treaty with Russia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45421445

Edited to add : Theresa May hs just announced the suspects are military intelligence operatives ..... 'GRU' up to 'away games' - AGAIN ? 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:07:52 AM by msmob »

Online krimster2

I think it's time to move past sanctions
and do a little of that quid pro quo
disrupt the kremlin inner circle
and let them blame each other for it
i'm here to help you MI5, call direct (not through "channels") if you need me
the Crimean operation went smoothly
traveling with your family
is the best cover EVER!
it's like hiding in plain sight!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:31:03 AM by krimster2 »

Online krimster2

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
..and now they've named them - with CCTV footage ..

European Arrest warrants issued - so if they try to enter the EU / EEA nations ...

There is no extradition treaty with Russia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45421445

Edited to add : Theresa May hs just announced the suspects are military intelligence operatives ..... 'GRU' up to 'away games' - AGAIN ?

I doubt they'll be entering anywhere. I can see Russia knocking them off for their incompetence so they is no worry about them ever being seen from again.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

Russians didn't care about Novichok poisoner's IDs anymore than they cared about Polonium poisoner's IDs
they're single shot
offing them would be bad for morale
these guys were just the hit squad
part of the reconnaissance squad is still in UK
can't believe MI5 doesn't arrange an accident
or maybe the reconnaissance is itself under reconnaissance...
seriously MI5, WTF???

Offline JayH

Certainly feasible -- regardless it leads back to the criminality of the Russian state as it is today.

Sergey Skripal’s cooperation with the Spanish authorities in exposing the criminality of the Russian oligarchs

Sergey Skripal’s cooperation with the Spanish authorities in exposing the criminality of the Russian oligarchs rather than the idea that this action was revenge by the security services for someone who betrayed them is a far more likely explanation for Moscow’s decision to poison him, Vitaly Portnikov says.

Until The New York Times report about Skripal’s work in Spain, the Ukrainian commentator says, most people explained the murderous attack on the former Soviet agent as revenge by the Russian security services. But that explanation had at least two shortcomings.

On the one hand, Portnikov says, it doesn’t explain why Skripal was attacked while many other Russian agents and defectors have been left in peace. And on the other, it fails to recognize that “as long as Skripal was a traitor [only in this sense], he could count on being pardoned” if that would serve the Kremlin’s interests.

But as soon as Skripal “touched upon the interests of the mafia” in Moscow, as he surely did in Spain, then there was every reason for that mafia to “decide to liquidate him,” a decision that demonstrates as few other things have that the Putin regime is a mafia state rather than a normal one.

In analyzing Kremlin actions, Portnikov says, it is important to keep in mind that Russia today is “a mafia state,” one in which the state not only participates in massive corruption but “above all acts in the interests of the mafia,” including going after and even murdering those who work against that mafia structure.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2018/09/09/moscow-attacked-skripal-for-betraying-russian-oligarchs-highlighting-mafia-nature-of-putin-regime-portnikov-says/
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

"We were just Tourists"
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2018, 05:27:42 AM »
Yeah, right ..

They flew in to London - went to a residential area of Salisbury - where Skripal lived and LEFT ...

Two Russian guys on BIZ (?)Visa's ..who did they meet and while such a short a stay and WHY go to  a residential Salisbury street..?

BTW: Stonehenge has paths to prevent guests getting muddy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45509697

Who STILL believes the Kremlin, anymore ?

Who'd fly to Moscow, go to say- Ivanovo - and fly back the next day ? ...

Offline JayH

Re: "We were just Tourists"
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2018, 02:11:50 PM »

Who believes --remarkably we have idiots here on this forum who do-- and a plethora of total idiots on your other forum that do.!
Certainly some Russians still do -- and you only have to look at the Trump apologists in the US to see how common sense goes out the window!

As for one  day trips -- well -- I have done (in the past) a few into Moscow.Some years ago -- I was in Germany and decided at last minute to go to UK for the "weekend" ( arrive Sat morning leave Sunday evening ) and immigration officer  was incredulous at  Australian passport and the short visit!  :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

Re: You couldn't make this up ..
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2018, 09:36:56 AM »

Well, now even RT's leading lady is finding the seat too hot as she hung up on the BBCs Kirsty Wark

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-45523026/russia-today-editor-in-chief-hangs-up-on-bbc

NOW we find that two Russians were expelled from NL over attempts to hack the SWiss labs testing the Noichok agent used in Salisbury..

http://www.expatica.com/nl/news/country-news/Netherlands-Switzerland-espionage-Russia-Britain_2096307.html

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2018, 11:31:35 AM »
Yeah, right ..

They flew in to London - went to a residential area of Salisbury - where Skripal lived and LEFT ...

Two Russian guys on BIZ (?)Visa's ..who did they meet and while such a short a stay and WHY go to  a residential Salisbury street..?

BTW: Stonehenge has paths to prevent guests getting muddy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45509697

my bolding above

Back in 1999 I flew into Moscow from London on a Friday and returned to London on a Sunday on at least half a dozen occasions. Also did this during the week when the opportunity presented itself. This is quite common, even today.

People fly into Moscow on a Friday from London or Paris or Geneva, etc and return home on a Sunday. Perhaps they're Russians returning home for a visit or it's business related. In my case it was to visit my g/f.

If you check the flight schedules you'll see there are many flights in and out of Moscow during the week to all the major and many minor European cities.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2018, 01:34:43 PM »
my bolding above

Back in 1999 I flew into Moscow from London on a Friday and returned to London on a Sunday on at least half a dozen occasions. Also did this during the week when the opportunity presented itself. This is quite common, even today.

People fly into Moscow on a Friday from London or Paris or Geneva, etc and return home on a Sunday. Perhaps they're Russians returning home for a visit or it's business related. In my case it was to visit my g/f.

If you check the flight schedules you'll see there are many flights in and out of Moscow during the week to all the major and many minor European cities.

You reminded me of a board member (RWG) back in the day who flew to Moscow from Atlanta, GA for the weekend to meet up with a gal. He even wrote a trip report titled: "My Weekend in Moscow". Awesome TR and IIRC, what he got in the end of the trip was being berated by the gal. IINM I think his moniker was *Firebird*.

Just remembered...Freebird is the correct moniker.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:11:05 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

DaveNY,

My 'bad'

They flew into LONDON and make TWO trips to Salisbury from London - the first a recon trip, before the act of placing the nerve agent.

So, it's like travelling to Ivanovo from Moscow, twice - visiting a residential street in the town then leaving ?

Then there's the matter of 'business' - as they had applied for UK Visas on the basis of 'biz'- but failed to do any - unless you call trying to kill someone - and killing someone else by mistake - 'business' ...?

I took Russians from Oxford to London - via Stonehenge and Salisbury - to Bournemouth and onto London a couple of years ago - we didn't use the ring road and went near the Cathedral - my idea .. so I know they weren't casing the joint)

After that - they spent most of the next day recovering ..  it is highly unlikely someone using public transport would wish to do the trip the next day .. except for a pressing reason

I think you and GQBlues may be trying to be a 'devil's advocate' and failing -given the level of coincidences, locations, and their employers..

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:54:33 PM by msmob »

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
I took Russians from Oxford to London - via Stonehenge and Salisbury - to Bournemouth and onto London a couple of years ago

Were you a chauffeur? This in mind is a highly convoluted road trip.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline msmob

They are my friends and I was making sure they saw as much of the UK in 7 days and they could ... 

Collected from Heathrow to Oxford, London ( 3 days ) Bath, Brighton ( 2 days) on train to Gatwick

Why ARE you such a 'doubting Thomas' ?

Offline DaveNY

The route isn't convoluted if the guests want to see Stonehenge. Then down to the beaches at Bournemouth and on to London. When I lived in London I took guests out to see Stonehenge all the time. If you want to visit the beaches in the south, Bournemouth is a short drive from Stonehenge.

Offline msmob

An awful lot of deflection here ..

But who would stay in EAST London and go to Salisbury two days in  a row and state they visited a place that was closed ?  ;)

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
They are my friends and I was making sure they saw as much of the UK in 7 days and they could ... 

Collected from Heathrow to Oxford, London ( 3 days ) Bath, Brighton ( 2 days) on train to Gatwick

Why ARE you such a 'doubting Thomas' ?

That you 'expand' on your road trip it is indeed a reasonable visit, in fact possibly enjoyable. Initially it sounded in the context of those who poisoned the Skripals as a one day thing that you did.

Though Moby everything you post is doubtable.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BillyB

The bottom line here is that the UK won't do any punishment worthy of discouraging radioactive and chemical substances from entering their country. This has been going on and off for years and it will continue. UK needs to get used to it. UK citizens will need to get used to spending massive amounts of money on these investigations without a solution to end the problem.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1965
Total: 1974

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM