It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Back to Rodina  (Read 22448 times)

Offline DKMM

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Back to Rodina
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:48:16 PM »
Tomorrow I depart for my 3rd trip to FSU.  My previous trips have been documented on here, but here is a primer:

My first trip to Russia last fall I did what was sort of a W2V2 but the first girl was really just a friend and I to her.  I met a couple other girls there (and J who was  just a friend).  From Moscow to SPB I put my heart into one girl and somehow got nothing out of it on return.  4 months of E-courtship and 4 days for naught.  It turned me off to the whole FSU RW thing for a while.  Then J started talking to me more and more and next thing I know I'm going to Estonia to meet her and then 10 days in Cancun with her the same month.  Great experiences with a RW and we even touched on a bit of romance but ultimately it did not turn out.  But after this trip, I was not deflated and instead reinvigorated to find a RW for marriage.  I know in my heart that this is totally for me, as the attitude and culture of Russia fits me like a glove.  Also, I made a good friend in J, who I talk to almost every day still and she has revealed the world behind RW.

After those failed WOVO trips I decided to go full bore WMVM.  It didn't quite turn out that way as its not in my nature.  Instead this turned into a W4V4 with some backups.  I can't just go meet women without writing to them at first and naturally I whittled it down.  My process was rather selective, I have a higher criteria than most and that's why I'm still single I guess. 

I am going to Moscow and Tver (and possibly other nearby areas), using rvrwind’s agency as well as meeting some I've met through my own various ways.  The idea of finding a mate from Siberia or Ukraine doesn't compell me, so this is right where I want to be at.  I don't want to get ahead of myself but Richard has been a good resource to work with, and his method suits my needs perfectly.  I'll try to be accurate as possible as I think some people might be curious how things are going over there this day and age and how this process works for those of us still in the search phase.  But I will also take great pains to keep girls anonymous.

I feel good about the prospects for this trip, but don't have inflated expectations.  I've had some exposure and brushed up on my Russian.  I really hope I don't do the old fall in love with the first girl thing because I am determined to meet the 4 I consider most likely to succeed in life.  I mean, if I'm really looking for a lifelong mate, it would be foolish to not meet all of them.  Further details will come out during my trip, but I might withold my ace on this board until after I play my hand just in case lurkers are out there.  I plan to post on here if I can get some connection on my laptop.  Otherwise I'll just lay it all out when I return.

The forcast is NOT cooperating!   :P

Offline Daveman

Re: Back to Rodina
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »
Best of luck!!  I hope this trip brings something special...

Dave
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline bigkahuna

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 08:04:50 PM »
Hola, good luck on this trip....

I really hope I don't do the old fall in love with the first girl thing because I am determined to meet the 4
I can totally relate!

My first trip was like that....Fell fast for one girl; big mistake.
I just got back from my 2nd trip (this time Lviv) and felt much better; met 9 girls total and spent more time with 2 of those. I had written about 4 in the past few months so I knew details about them. But it was cool meeting an additional 5.

I can't just go meet women without writing to them at first and naturally I whittled it down.  My process was rather selective, I have a higher criteria than most and that's why I'm still single I guess. 
Damn! I didn't know I had a long, lost twin brother. I had very similar thoughts like what you wrote....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 08:07:40 PM by bigkahuna »

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 08:26:31 PM »
DKMM,

Bon voyage.  You have  a good head on your shoulders and some valuable experience.  If the right woman comes your way, I am certain you will recognize her.

Does not sound like "work".   

Offline DKMM

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 02:08:09 AM »
BACK!!  Oh my what a trip!!!

Ahh the things that came back to me that I did not remember until I was here again.  The driving, the people, the energy of Moscow.  Let me 1st say, that Moscow has changed a lot even in the 8 months since I was there.  It is a boom town full of hustle & bustle.  Expensive cars everywhere, huge mansions and new condos popping up.  Good looking men and women going every which way.

OK so on with my trip.  I'll try to minimize the commentary and stick with the trip as it happened.  Some details will be left off here but may be available on PM per request.

Arriving in sherm it was a madhouse getting through customs with 2 lines for foreigners and planeloads of people getting off.  1.5 hours later and I’m looking for my driver.  Poor guy was waiting for me and had this look like he was wondering if I was ever going to show up.  My phone wasn’t working so I was in a slight panic as I had no access to help if I needed it, for instance if my Russian was too rusty.  But somehow I found myself able to communicate, albeit slowly and using rather poor grammar.  We took the back roads in to town and got stuck in traffic. 

I used the drivers phone and called E who was supposed to meet me.  The connection was lost though and she was confused as to why my own phone wasn’t working.  So I managed to explain to the driver using hand signals and poor Russian that I needed to stop and get a new SIM card.  The guys in the shop had a fun time trying to figure out what was wrong with my phone. 

Got the phone, called E and set up a meeting time which gave me one hour to get ready.  I got to the flat, and found the landlady.  She showed me the room and explained it all in Russian so I understood about half of it but enough.  She was hilarious.  After a shower and shave I get a call from E and she is at my place.  About now its been 34 hours since I last had real sleep so I was draggin.   i got to the door and a girl came in that could have been her (afterall the photos are not always so accurate.  So I said hello and then “oops sorry you aren’t her” in English which totally confused this poor girl.  Anyhow I go outside and there she is.  Wow what a beautiful girl.  I catch my breath and invite her in.

I gave her the mp3 player I bought her which she liked very much and gave me a kiss on the cheek.  It was a different feeling than the last time I did this because I barely knew this girl.  We had exchanged maybe 10 emails total prior and honestly I did it with the intentions of a warmup to Tver.  Anyways we went to a Japanese place which was comparable to at home.  I was so tired but mustered all my energy to engaging with her.  Her English was great, and she seemed open and very likeable.  After I walked her to the metro and kiss/cheek and she’s off.  Went back and promptly crashed for 10 hours of sometimes fitful sleep.

3)  next morning she buzzes me at 9:30 and we arrange to meet.  I had a little extra time to burn so I explored the area a bit around the zoo.  So much fun to watch people and walk around.  Ahhh Russia I feel so at home here, Moscow especially has a place in my heart where I feel like I belong for some reason.  It really does feel like its on the other side of the world from America.  But anyways, I waited for her in the metro station for half hour watching all the people, some even tried asking me things.  Looks like my investment in Russian fashion paid off as I fit in perfectly.  Kak interesno!  Finally she arrived, I gave her a peck on the cheek and we were off.  We took a boat tour on the moskva river, it was great.  It got cold & blustery which gave me the perfect chance to cuddle up with her.  We met some aussies on the boat, I always love those guys attitude! 

We finally got off and her hands were cold so I held one or the other for some time.  We walked and talked which brought me back to other RW encounters that remind just how different our worlds are.  She understood me most of the time which was great.

Back to near my place and had a quick bite to eat.  She explained how she used to live with a guy but it did not work out because he was focused on one thing and she another.  It sounded like he didn’t want to have a family with her.  Oh well, his loss really because E is a total gem.  I asked her why not married yet and she said she has a strong character and basically doesn’t want to settle.  This girl shouldn’t have to imho.

We run back to the flat and “check out”.  She handled the landlady (I cannot stress how good it is to have a good English speaking girl to translate for you) and also found us a taxi on the street.  She did the hand signal thing, just unreal to describe how it works.  Somehow she got us a ride all the way across town for 300 rubles!  I noticed she sat very close to me in the cab.

We went to the station and since it was a holiday time lines everywhere and once we got to the front, our cashier went on break.  How nice! we couldn’t find a cashier that had tickets, or at least that was my understanding. These shady mafia types were trying to offer us some black market tickets to the train.  i had her negotiate with them and I explained how to get them to lower the price.  She must have thought the 1st price they offer is the only, but I’m quite familiar with haggling so I had her make an offer and walk away telling them we’ll find another way.  It worked and I ended up only paying 200 rubles more than otherwise.  He took us to a crooked conductor and I gave the conductor the money and waited till the train was about to leave then got on and took whatever seat was left!

It was sad leaving E behind.  She was such a good start to my trip.  She wanted me to go to spb with her for the 2nd half of my trip but I’m not sure about that till I do the tver thing.  Plus I couldn’t really tell if she was into me, but obviously she is interested to some degree.  Still, if tver is a bust I’m going to do it but even if it isn’t I might still do it.   Life is about choices and I had to make one.  I was thinking this girl has everything and if I spend 4 more days with her, I would know for sure.  *sigh*

Offline DKMM

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 02:50:43 AM »
The train ride to Tver was uneventful.  I talked to the lady next to me and as usual my Russian limited me to about 3 minutes of conversation.  1.5 hours later and I got off.  I was a bit confused as to where to go and then I saw Richard who easily spotted me as the foreigner who "looked lost".

Richard quickly introduced me to his wife and guided me to a waiting cab and away we went.  I learned right away that he likes to talk, and that was welcome for me having nobody to really talk to for quite some time.  We drove across town to my flat and I took in the sights.  This is an entirely different sort of place than Moscow.  Still quite run down, albeit improving in its own way.

I got to my flat that I rented on my own.  It was in a total run down depressing sort of building, straight out of maybe 70's detroit.  But that's how I wanted to live, like the Russians do.  The inside was pretty decent though.  Richard got me a good deal on the taxi and I bid him farewell until the next day.  I settled in and tried to take in my surroundings which was fairly difficult given that there was no place nearby to eat so I travelled a long ways to find anything.  (BTW I can't get photos to work on here).

I barely got any sleep that night so I had to call Richard in the morning and tell him to bump back one of my dates.  He handled it well and I was set to meet 2 ladies that day.

Offline DKMM

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 03:11:49 AM »
I went to the Tver Angels office and it was easy enough to find on my own.  "A" was there already waiting for me so I didn't have much time for me to meet the staff and such. 

We immediately set out for a nearby cafe and I devoured my two orders of food.  A and I had been writing each other for 3 months so we found that we didn't have a lot more to discuss.  On top of that, she was shy and her English was so so (I say that because she barely understood me).  Still we managed to get along with my Russian to fill in some gaps.  I gave her some music and a small picture book of my city.  I can't underestimate how handy those are (find them in your airport on the way out).   She was very attractive, much more so than in her photos which weren't bad either.  I could sense her youth too, which was in the low 20's but she seemed very mature and capable.  I could find nothing wrong with this girl in fact, but I felt no spark either.  Still I planned on seeing her again.

We walked around Tver for a while and it was pretty interesting actually.  Finally I said goodbye to her as I got close to the office and was to meet "O".  I never told her I was meeting someone else but she seemed smart enough to understand it.  Richard was there and helped me back inside to meet the staff and my next date. 

I met the people in the office, O and the interpretor.  O speaks no English so this was to be my 1st experience on a date with a 'terp'.  We set out again and it was more chai for me.  I was really getting used to drinking a lot of tea in Russia and I always seemed thirsty enough for more.

O was a very nice looking girl, young again and quite charming.  But for me it was so awkward talking through a terp.  we had enough things to talk about though as I only exchanged 3 letters with her before my trip.  We walked through the city park to some memorials and it ended up being quite a pleasant date.  I think we spent about 3 hours total.  It felt like a 3 way date though as I just couldn't get over the terp being there.  But I think if I was really excited about a girl I probably wouldn't care so much.  With O i again didn't feel much, and I was starting to wonder why since I met 2 perfectly amazing girls who showed interest in me.  Honestly my mind was wandering a bit back to my brief stint in Moscow with E.

I got back to the office and bid O farewell.  Now my memory is a bit hazy here but I think I got my visa registered next (or it was the next day).  Richard was again very helpful in all of this.  I would have to say overall my experience with his agency was a very positive one.  I truly felt like a very important client and he and his whole staff were so very helpful.  If you desire personal attention and good service then why not use him?  I know other agencies in town have more selection in girls, but it seems to me that his were genuine and would make very excellent wives.  And honestly the price was quite reasonable.  I cannot find fault with Tver Angels to speak pravda.

After getting the visa taken care of I went to dinner with the secretary of the office Katya.  She was such a sweet girl herself although only 19 and currently taken.  It seemed all girls in Tver were just amazing, I don't know why this place isn't flooded with men looking for wives.

She dropped me off at my flat and I had some time before my evening date with a "S" from another agency.

Offline IAmZon

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 05:31:28 AM »
Excellent TR.  Really appreciate the effort and attention to detail you apply.

Best of luck.

Offline Simoni

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 09:47:48 AM »
Super TR, DKMN!  Loved it so far...keep it coming!

Your W4V4 strategy is an excellent one...it allows you to "date" girls instead of going in with a too serious mode BEFORE you truly know them.

I look forward to seeing which one you really "click" with....if any :-)

Offline Bruce

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 12:09:22 PM »
Nice trip report.  I always like seeing different guys impressions of Tver.  Hopefully, you found some good connections on this trip.  At least you got to meet Rver.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline DKMM

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 05:17:31 PM »
So here is where things get interesting.

S is this total drop dead gorgeous lady in young 20's, tall blonde and well built from head to toe.  I've dated some beautiful women but she really topped them all.  It was a bit difficult for me at first to talk to her, even though we've shared numerous "emails" before.

She takes me right away to probably the most expensive restaurant in town.  I can tell she's done all this before as she knew what was on the menu.  I'm thinking oh great so this is what a pro dater does as I sit there munching on my steak she ordered me and sipping a probably too expensive bottle of champagne.   Visions of her asking me to buy her a new coat are dancing in my head as I planned my getaway.  But then a funny thing happened.  She started asking really thoughtful questions about what I'm doing in Russia and really wanted to get to know things about me.

Afterward she wants to go somewhere for desert so she takes me to a cafe where we eat ice cream and she asked if i want coffee.  I said only if we are hanging out all night because it will keep me up (its about 9pm at this point).  She said sure do you want to go to some clubs?  OK yes I do!  She starts using my camera to take a lot of pictures of her, us and me.  Strange I thought, because I was certain I was being taken for a ride here.  She said I will need to change into something more dressy.  I told her hey I don't have an iron in my flat so I can't wear my nice shirt for the club.  She suggested we get hers then first. 

We take a taxi to her flat (she says don't say anything because they will know I'm American and bump up the price).  Her flat is an absolute horror of a place, even worse than mine.  I've been in some bad areas in Russia but this was unbelievable.  She grabbed some things, the iron and her memory card.  She took forever showing me pictures of her niece and etc.  We grabbed the cab and headed back to town.  I don't remember why but we stopped to meet her mom who sells things in a kiosk.  More pictures with mom, me and her.  She was showing me off to her mom (like I'm sure many before?).

Then over to my flat where she picked out my shirt and ironed it for me.  We got all ready, she even helped with my hair styling.  She took probably 30 pictures of us with my camera and asked for all the pictures to be transfered to her memory card (I had my laptop with me). 

Finally we go to this club Zebra.  Totally shocking place, not like I found in Moscow or St. Pete.  Actually a normal place for me, but shocking in the clientele.  I can't describe it in words too well but all the stereotypes and then some were present.  I couldn't help but notice all the looks I got from the girls.  S was better looking than all of them though, even in a club chock full of young hot women.  She went around and introduced me to her friends.  I got loosened up on some whisky and really started enjoying it.  I like to club when I can, which isn't often and I can't remember going with such a hot girl that seemed to give me so much attention.  All I was doing was buying us some drinks for less than at home so hell ya i was enjoying it.

We went to another bar, Kultura.  Really cool place, very European.  Met more friends had more drinks.  We danced and I was really glad I took that trip with J in December because I knew how to dance with a RW (the difference is because of the music compared to the US).  She seemed to smile a lot more too and after hours of this we moved on to the Zerkalo.  On the cab ride I started blurting out words in Russian which made her cringe because she was afraid the fare would go up (I like that).  So I switched to English to push her buttons and it was pretty funny.  I like doing that to girls to test their mettle.  There we had another round and I was pretty lubricated.  We kissed and danced some more. 

Everything was a bit blurry but at some point we moved on to the "top" club in town prince.  There we just lounged around as I was sobering up and really running out of energy.  We went into something called the labyrinth.  interesting concept for a club.  Finally at about 4 something we head out for a cab.  it was already getting light out.  Somehow we ended up back at my place and I really can't remember the rest.  :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 05:44:46 PM by DKMM »

Offline DKMM

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 05:43:29 PM »
Breakfast in bed!  Now that's a helluva way to start a late morning.  S tells me she has to meet another guy from her agency for a date but she'll only take 2 hours.  Fine I'll take a nap and try to digest my past 24 hours.  She really did everything to convince me that she had to do this date and really wants me.  But I really didn't care even if she liked this guy because I wasn't yet interested in her, just really enjoyed her company.  This seemed to set a fire in her because as pretty as she is, she is used to guys pursuing her.  i mean yeah, if all I was after was looks I would have proposed already but I have to get to know someone before I develop feelings.

She came back later (after I snuck a quick tea with a girl from the day before) and told me how much this guy wanted her and how he was an unattractive man.  I felt kind of strange, like I'm the guy the girl is really with and the poor guy buying her lunch on a date had no idea she wasn't interested.  Usually with these girls its a Russian guy in the background but on this day, it was me.  I was getting texts from her too while she was out with this guy (reminds me of a story I read on here once).  She then told me that her agency asked her about me and remarked that they have never seen "such a young pretty man" in Tver before who was looking for a wife.  S wanted to keep us a secret apparently because she told them yes she liked me a little but had to think about it.  Whatever I didn't care.  We then had a nice nap.

That night was before the Mayday holiday so she wanted to hit some clubs again.  We went somewhere for dinner that I cannot even remember but I think it was sushi.  Everywhere we went she seemed to run into someone she knew, and when I could hear they asked her who I was and I heard her say boyfriend in Russian.  She started asking a lot about my family and what I did exactly.  She even asked me straight up how much do I make!  And what kind of car I drove.

We went shopping before heading home to change and I realized she was moving in with me.  I guess that was her plan to keep me away from other girls.  I was still waiting for her to scam me somehow but she only had me buy a few things for the shower and some contact lens solution on top of food.

I can't remember too well but we had some drink before we left and hit some of the same clubs.  Danced for soo very long and I could tell she was really enjoying it and I was too honestly.  Finally we headed home (and I was sooo exhausted) and more sleep interrupted time to time with some showering; gotta stay clean.

So the next day I can't really remember too much either but I knew I had a dinner with Richard and I wanted to see A one more time.  So I hooked up with A and eventually made my way over to Richards.  It was a fabulous meal, I mean his wife can really cook like I've never had.  It was fun and afterwards I went for a walk with A in the park, but her shyness/limited english only got us so far.  I did manage to figure out she's a real quality woman and some guy is going to be one lucky son of a buck to marry her.  If I had acted purely rationally I would have spent all my time with her even though there wasn't much to say.  I sent her home finally after exchanging contact information.

I told S that I would be gone for 3 hours to Richard's and It was a little more than 4 when I finally picked up the phone.  S had called me 76 TIMES!  and left a few sms's on top of that.  I called her and she had already taken a cab to my flat and waited for me out front.  She was very clearly upset with me (another 1st with a RW).  This girl hails originally from one of the stans and let me tell you, they are tough.  I had no way to wiggle out of her wrath (i should have at least let her know I'd be running late).  She was so pissed but eventually came around because she wanted to see me and it was our last night.  It was then I realized that this girl wasn't trying to scam me but probably had some real feelings about our potential.

Offline Kuna

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 05:54:42 PM »
DKMM,

I'm loving the TR and looking forward to reading your next installments.

No comments from me at the moment other than "I'm scared".   :-X

Kuna

Offline DKMM

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 06:08:06 PM »
S had a trip arranged with another man she met previously.  She was leaving the next day on a plane from Moscow.  I too was planning on going to Moscow so she wanted to travel with me to maximize our time together.  She canceled her ride which would have left that night and arranged one for us.  That was fine, I had my reasons for doing it.

we went bowling and basically didn't go out that night as I really had no meaningful sleep to speak of for my time in Tver.  She beat my ass in bowling too despite my best intentions to keep up.  By the time we came back to my flat I transferred my pictures to her memory card and probably had about 200 pictures from our time together that she mostly took or asked me to take.  She took a bunch more photos and videos on her phone.

As we layed there before sleeping she shared some things with me about her past and what she wants in the future etc.  She admitted to being a former gold digger and dating much older men.  That was about 3 years ago and she said she's changed a lot.  And after her sister had a baby last winter she wants a family more than anything and cannot find a guy that actually wants to have a family too.  Due to her looks, she could date very rich and good looking RM (she showed me the profiles on her Russian dating site), but they all seem to have zero morals or desire to have families.  Her last boyfriend even threatened to break up with her if she continued the baby talk.  I'm convinced now that RW look at WM not just an economical sense but also that we are more reliable men overall.

She asked me if I would help her raise a child if we were married.  I'm like are you serious?  Of course that's what I'm trying to do here is find someone to have a family with.  So on we went with the family talk and many other subjects and she was remarkably in line with my thoughts.

The next day we were on our way to Domedevo and she broached wanting to see me again.  And what about getting married would I want to do that soon?  And so on.  Well I was developing some feelings for her honestly but this was a bit too quick.  I told her we shall see after her trip to meet this guy.  She said she would cancel her trip with this guy if I proposed to her.  wow!!  well i used my big head on that one and said how about we talk when you get back.

We got to the airport and she told the driver to wait 2 hours for me.  She had me come inside and we ate, sat around and took more pictures.  She was just clinging to me everywhere.  when a RW likes you, you know it!! and believe me I knew it and so did everyone in that airport.

At the end, we said our goodbyes and she cried.  I was a bit shaken myself, having been on a whirlwind of a trip so far, but I wasn't about to cry or anything.

I found our driver and we managed to talk on the way to my flat in Moscow in Russian.  I was surprised how much we could communicate, which showed how much Russki I could relearn in 5 days.  S called from the plane.  In fact, S called me from her destination everyday after on this guy's cell phone and sometimes from her room #.  She still does to this day, as well as emails me.  I really didn't know what to do about her because it all seemed a bit off for some reason.  But then again, I bought her zero things (other than food & drink) so maybe I was being paranoid.

OK I made it till 6pm and I'm sleepy (its 7 am in Moscow).  round 2 of my TR will start soon.

Offline Voyageur

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 04:10:53 AM »
Great trip report DKMN!  I hope that you are planning another trip to see "S" soon.  If you are serious about this woman IMHO you need to spend time together doing mundane, everyday things at home - not going out in clubs every night (although I can understand that this fun is also a good way to get to know someone, at least at first).  Pay careful attention to those little red flags that either appear or do not appear.  How you both handle arguments is also important to watch.  Good Luck!!

Offline DKMM

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 04:18:27 AM »
OK its 3am here and about 2pm in Moscow so I'm up and not going back to sleep.

Its now time to meet up with J, the same girl from my other trips.  She is still my good friend of course and I appreciated the chance to catch my breath and relax for a day.  

I had a flat near where she worked so I checked in and ran down to meet her for lunch.  It was so good to see her again, this is the 4th time in 8 months.  Still a total babe and very nice smile.  I felt like I could just chat her up as my old friend.  We agreed to meet for after work for dinner.

I ran back to the flat, burned a cd of the tver pictures and took a short nap.  Then I went to meet her after work and was late because of the packed madhouse of a metro (I should have just walked again but its over 1km and i was in a hurry).

We went to her flat all the way out in Tushino, she got ready, and then off to pushkin square.  I always wanted to go there to see the world's biggest mcdonalds.  I have to admit, it was pretty dam big for a MakDak.

We went back to the flat and shared pictures from my trip so far and her recent one to france where she met up with a russian guy.  He was some super nice looking good job etc. and he wanted to marry her but she decided nyet once again.  No guy is good enough for her and I'm glad I'm not after her anymore.  I think it bothered her a bit that I wasn't after her, but that's how it goes.

In the morning she called my phone to tell me she couldn't get out of her room.  (yes I got two rooms of course).  I went to the door and the handle wouldn't move the latch.  Ahh Rossiya... so i grabbed a knife and popped it open.

I took her to MakDak for breakfast and walked her to work.  She told me that she considers me one of her best friends and that was a bit strange to hear at this point but I had to agree that I consider her the same as well.  A kiss on the cheek (just like in Cancun) and I was off to my next leg of the journey after a quick nap.

E was texting me often leading up till now about when and how we shall meet.  I told her 1pm near my place.  I was in my room sleeping when i closed the door and the damn thing wouldn't open again.  I called the landlady who came over and couldn't get it to budge.  I ended up removing part of the frame because i was going to be late to meet E and no broken door was going to stop me.  I moved quickly through my routine and she called right when I was finishing...

Offline Bruce

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 04:28:14 AM »
I am living vicariously through your trip report.  The bar scene in Tver is just awesome.  S could be real.  You made the right decision and will revisit things when you get your head together.  The reality is there are many beautiful girls in Tver.  There are many good Russian men as well.  However, many girls feel the pressure of their society and after being knocked around by men look for the stability of a foreigner.  It is very rare that an American as young and mature as you look for girls in Tver.  I could see why a quality girl you are mutually attracted is jumping so hard for you.  Come back to the USA, think about your trip, and then decide whom and how you would like to communicate with.  S could very well like you and could be trying too hard.  As Voyageur mentioned above, see if you could spend some extended time with her not clubbing, learning about her likes and dislikes.  See if you two share common goals.  Determine if the little things she normally does will in time drive you crazy or is something you can live with.  Still, good to hear you are having a good time and actually meeting women you like who like you.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 04:33:35 AM »
Excellent trip report

But (there's always that but :wallbash:) I can't help but think something is wrong  with this;
"told S that I would be gone for 3 hours to Richard's and It was a little more than 4 when I finally picked up the phone.  S had called me 76 TIMES!  :o and left a few sms's on top of that.  I called her and she had already taken a cab to my flat and waited for me out front.  She was very clearly upset with me (another 1st with a RW).  "

For knowing each other for less then a week this appears extremely possessive and sounds like trouble. Did Richard receive any calls from "S" during this time to check up on you?

DKMN If "S" is that into you,then I'm curious why she was still seeing other guys?

slightly :offtopic:
I'm planning on visiting Tver in 4 months or so and still looking for an agency, so far the only one I've heard good things about is  Richards.  Did you use another agency? If so how did they treat you?

Thanks again for sharing, very enjoyable reading.
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline Simoni

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 06:19:45 AM »
I was in my room sleeping when i closed the door and the damn thing wouldn't open again.  I called the landlady who came over and couldn't get it to budge.  I ended up removing part of the frame because i was going to be late to meet E and no broken door was going to stop me.

Nice trip report!  I had lots of problems in the fsu with keys and doors, but never had to remove one!   :D LOL
Good thinking!

Bruce and Voyageur have given you good advice about the need to spend time with "real life" activities with the girls.  Try a walk in the park, going to a movie, lounging around the flat reading books together.

DKMN If "S" is that into you,then I'm curious why she was still seeing other guys?

Acrzbear-- DKMN is seeing the flip side of WMWM; it's practiced by the hottest girls in the fsu all the time.  It does not mean she won't drop everyone for the right man when he comes along, she likely will tire of this and do exactly that.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:26:49 AM by Simoni »

Offline mirror

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 08:09:56 PM »
DKMM,

If you want to find a right girl for a good family life you need to ask her to tell you a little more about her parents and how they live ( I mean a relations between parents).It will be prototype of your family. Especially how her mother relates to her father.

In Russia family tradicion is the most important thing for future relationship and future family of children.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:57:10 PM by mirror »

Offline DKMM

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 08:14:49 PM »
thank you all for the comments.  I'm just pooped and still adjusting to the 11 hour time difference.  maybe i'll finish when i wake up at 4am or whenever ...

Offline Kuna

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »
COME ON DKMM.... YOU CAN DO IT... JUST ONE MORE POST!

;D

Offline Mocking Bird

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 10:22:22 PM »
Wow. It is interesting to hear man’s point of view  on those dating stories. I normally get it from girls. 
My advise though would be not to go for most beautiful  woman, but for somebody more equal. Just think what  gorgeous girl will do once she realised  in America that with her beauty she can catch very rich man and you are on her way to the “happiness”?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:27:00 PM by Mocking Bird »

Offline Zmejka

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 03:34:17 PM »
I have a trouble to believe in honest intentions of S. Talks about marriage are way too soon even if she's obsessed with this idea now. She dated a lot in the past i guess to know that this can only scare men away - even good men! Somehow i think that she took so many pictures of you together to have a proof of relationships "if" you went into the direction of K-1 visa 8) Previous posters are right - you should definately see her in a more routine life. And don't forget that feelings (or more like exitement) can be easily imitated in the course of a few days meeting...

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »
M B does make a good point.  She just seems much too experienced.  But then I suppose she may be tired of all the chasing herself and sees him as a good candidate.  The ultimate question, is for what?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541473
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3543
Most Online Ever: 12701