It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Fun questions  (Read 2974 times)

Offline eich

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Fun questions
« on: September 25, 2018, 03:56:20 AM »
What would be the pros and cons of marrying her or divorcing her in her country? Has anyone here have knowledge of anyone doing either or both? Or what if she happened to have a criminal background; would that end any possibility of her immigrating to the US as someone's wife? Just curious.
Life is just an empty room.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Fun questions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 05:56:59 PM »
Or what if she happened to have a criminal background; would that end any possibility of her immigrating to the US as someone's wife? Just curious.

What kind of criminal conviction does she have? There are waivers for many things but if she's convicted of a terrorist act, I don't think our government will allow her in America.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 06:40:28 PM »
Marriage abroad:

Pro:  Cheaper.  Basically you avoid the I-129F filing fee and just pay the I-130 fee (same as the I-485 fee, second step after the fiance visa and you marry her).

Con:  Longer to get her to the US.  She need to wait for a green card to be approved, which typically is a longer process than getting the fiance visa.

I have heard there is a new hybrid approach - file the I-130 and then file I-129F for a spouse (K3).  I think this allows her to enter early to the US (before the green card) and apply and wait for the green card while in the US. 

Crime:

It depends on what the conviction was.  I think things like shoplifting might be ok, just have to go through more documentation and review.  But drugs, terrorism, human trafficking, and other serious convictions would pretty much disqualify her from obtaining a visa or green card.

Check VisaJourney or other sites that specialize in immigration topics.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Fun questions
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 11:34:48 AM »
What would be the pros and cons of marrying her or divorcing her in her country?

You can get married wherever you want. You can get divorced where you live.
You can't go to Vegas to file for a quicky divorce if you live in Boston. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 05:46:30 PM »
My wife and I married in Zhukovsky, Russia in 2003. We got married in Zhukovsky because the marriage officer in Stavropol would not take a bribe so we could get married in less than the 30 day waiting period. I was only going to be in Russia for 23 days. My wife's cousin, who was a doctor, wrote a brief letter stating that her cousin was "pregnant"........hence wanting to forgo the 33 day waiting period. The $100 bribe was accepted by the local marriage officer in Zhukovsky. Zhukovsky is about 26 miles or so from the city center of Moscow.

We had two wedding receptions......one in Zhukovsky......and one in Stavropol. My niece, sister-in-law and Mother-in-law attend both. The on in Zhukovsky was at the home of my wife's cousin.....about a dozen people. Very nice folks.....we had a blast. My wife's cousin's husband and I became instant friends....a really nice guy.

The second reception was in Stavropol....my wife's hometown. I could live in Stavropol....a very nice city. Beautiful city parks....very clean, low crime, nice friendly people. I the past few years Stavropol has been voted best city to live in in Russia several times. We had our formal reception at a local Ukrainian restaurant in the middle of town but surrounded by trees. You feel like you are in the forest. We had about 16 people at the reception....in a separate room. We had chicken, fish & pork. About 7/8 different salads, dinner rolls, bread, soup and other appetizers. Red wine, white wine, champagne, piva (Baltic #5) ........and of course vodka. In addition to the three-tiered wedding cake there was 3/4 different fruits. Coffee and tea were included. In essence....there was easily enough food to feed 30 -35 people. When the owners of the restaurant gave me the final bill at the end of the night I was dumb-struck. All that I mentioned....including the wedding cake .....came out to $227 dollars US !!!!!! This was in 2003. The owners refused a large tip.....and gave me and my wife a very good bottle of vodka. Best two wedding receptions I have ever attended....and I have been to many. A few friends and I had a movie made about us several rears ago. It was about myself and three friends who..for two summers during college "crashed" dozens of wedding receptions.....even attending most of the weddings themselves to "gather information about the guests...before the receptions. At least we would "like to think"....the movie was about us :-)

If my wife came on a K-1 (before marriage) instead of the K-3 )married) we could have saved 1-2 months waiting time....but we would not have these memories of being married in Russia.

For those who remember "JB" the Texan who used to frequent this (and the RWG) forum......I think he and his wife would agree with my assessment.
I was the co-best man (along with his "new" son). His reception was also a blast. We had some nice Cuban cigars.....and more than a few snifters of very nice cognac.

Both JB and I had our weddings in "marriage palaces"......the equivalent of the justice of the peace....her in the US. But the marriage palaces were very nice inside and out......more like a very nice church......with many flowers inside. It felt more like a church wedding.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Jumper

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 03:14:08 PM »
Was once married in Ukraine quite some time ago.
At the time the spousal process was thru the US consulate in warsaw,and not any real difference in processing time compared to finance Visa applications.
  That process has changed but I don't think the time frames are that much different. Visa journey is where to look for info on that.

The biggest advantage was all her friends and family could be easily present.
That's significant. Plus it can bevtrulybin the tradition of her culture.

If a nervous type (I'm not) the cons would be she lands with a GC and  Ssi card issued within weeks.
Hopefully a person knows who they are marrying before proposing,which is true of the K1 as well, it was intended as a time period to set up the  nuptials, not a trial visit that its become for many.

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 09:59:55 PM »
Yes......the "K" visas originated during/after WWII so that guys who had fiancees (they met during the war overseas) would be able to bring them over and have 3 months to plan their weddings. This has now evolved into bringing over a "fiancee" to see if there really is a "relationship". This was not the original intent for the use of "K" visas.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 08:40:40 AM »
Yes......the "K" visas originated during/after WWII so that guys who had fiancees (they met during the war overseas) would be able to bring them over and have 3 months to plan their weddings. This has now evolved into bringing over a "fiancee" to see if there really is a "relationship". This was not the original intent for the use of "K" visas.

Capt B

So all 'test drives' by both parties should be completed before K filed.

Not a bad idea to also see if a pregnancy can occur before K filed. 
This would avoid some heartache later.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2262
Total: 2273

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM