It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Going to Kiev!!!  (Read 8818 times)

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Going to Kiev!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 01:52:01 PM »
You people traveling to Ukraine are getting into a whole 'nother world from what I'm used to.  Since we (my wife and I) knew each other from another kind of meeting, it never entered my mind to try to buy her affection, because I just knew she wasn't for sale.  I'm not accustomed to dealing with a woman so "church mouse poor" that I would have to wrestle with a problem like that.  She also worked as a translator, so I never had to deal with a third person at the table to communicate.  Frankly, I do not see how you do this with any degree of success.  My hat's off to you who are able to determine that thing called "chemistry" if you cannot even do small talk without the aid of an interpreter.

That's got to be the hardest thing in the world.

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Going to Kiev!!!
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2005, 02:04:08 PM »
Quote from: jb
You people traveling to Ukraine are getting into a whole 'nother world from what I'm used to.  Since we (my wife and I) knew each other from another kind of meeting, it never entered my mind to try to buy her affection, because I just knew she wasn't for sale.  I'm not accustomed to dealing with a woman so "church mouse poor" that I would have to wrestle with a problem like that.  She also worked as a translator, so I never had to deal with a third person at the table to communicate.  Frankly, I do not see how you do this with any degree of success.  My hat's off to you who are able to determine that thing called "chemistry" if you cannot even do small talk without the aid of an interpreter.

That's got to be the hardest thing in the world.

I agree.  This is my fourth attempt.  First I had an interpreter, who knew English better than me!  And all the other girls I saw had a good command of English. Of course, that was one of the things I looked for before writing a girl.  Now, the third girl was with an agency so they provided an interpreter.  That was a bad thing.  It caused focus to shift from me and the girl to the three of us.  Plus, you are now buying dinner for three instead of two.  I got rid of the interpreter and things got a lot better.  

Now, about money.  I think it is proper to send the girl roses and candy and make her feel special.  That is not just a trick.  I will do that to the girl I marry forever...

But from the school of hard knocks, when you start supporting her like she is engaged to you before you take that step, you are being taken advantage of….
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 02:05:00 PM by Michelangelo »
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2262
Total: 2272

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM