It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 30 wounderfull ouers in Kyiv.....  (Read 5065 times)

Offline Thor

30 wounderfull ouers in Kyiv.....
« on: May 22, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »
On last sunday evening my wife and me went to Kyiv. We used the afternoon train from Kharkov to Kyiv. There where 33 degrees and very hot in the train. Anyway we got to Kyiv at 22.30 and we where meet by my helper Pavel as usual. He has as always made a good Job for me and this time found a very nice flat in Khryshatik. We had a nice chat and he said hello to my wife. By the way, he broth his wife to meet us, this was the first time I meet his wife. We went to Kyiv to go to the Norwegian embassy to apply for her visa. We where very tired when we came to Kyiv and we went to bed early, we needed to get up early the next day to go to the embassy.

Offline Thor

Re: 30 wounderfull ouers in Kyiv.....
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 02:40:18 PM »
I just love Kyiv and I really looked forward to see Kyiv again, and my wife likes Kyiv very much too so she was excited about this trip to. I thinkthat Kyiv is the most beautiful city in the world, very expensive, but very beautiful.

Offline Thor

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 02:54:38 AM »
We woke up early on Monday morning and went away to the Norwegian embassy in Striletskaya. But we has problem to find the embassy and my wife asked 5-6 peoples how to go to this street, but no one knew the way. This really upset my wife, she said that she know Kharkov very well but her in Kyiv no one seems to know anything. In the end we found a truck driver who knew this street and finally we where there. It was a wounderfull day in Kyiv, sunny and hot.

Offline Thor

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 03:02:56 AM »
We came to the embassy 9.30 and allready a lot of peoples there. Mostly men applying for work visa. We had to stand in line for about 45 min before we could come inside the embassy. Here we Ren delivered all the papers to the embassy staff, but she needed more copy's of some of her papers and she went to a copy store close to the embassy. She came back and we delivered all the papers and everything was OK. When we came outside the embassy Ren told me that the girl in the copy center had been very interested when Ren told her that she had married a foreign man from Norway. This girl also wanted to meet a forreign man and now Ren asked me if I had my helper Pavel`s number and of course I gave her this. She went inside the copy center and gave this number to the girl. PS: When she first came to the copy center the girl has problems to take the copy's, and then the girl has said that she was shure that someone envy-ed Ren that she had married a forreign man and that was why there where trouble with the copy. Ren told me that she was shure that this copy girl was the one to envy her :D

Offline Thor

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 04:39:22 AM »
So dawai to the nearest church, WHY? Because she needed to go to the church because of this girl envy her. Don't ask me why, it seems to me that this is some kind of Ukr tradition. I don't remember the name of this church, but I am shure that Jack knows..

Outside the church did I see the first foreign man with a girl, it was a US guys in late 40`s. He took photos inside the Church and I asked Ren if I could do to, but she said NJET!!! It was not allowed to take photos in the church. After church we went to Khryshatik..

Offline Thor

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 11:52:17 PM »
We went to Khryshatik in the hot and sunny weather. There where a political meeting for Julia Tymoshenko at freedom square and a lot of peoples and flags there. I wanted to have a look at this meeting and went to take some photos. When I came back to her did she stand next to a young boy with a bird. She was angry and talked to the boy why he did not relies this poor bird. (maye people with this moonkeys and birds everywhere at Khryshatik), and I don't like this at all, and my wife feels very sorry for this animals :(. She asked the boy how he would have felt being in prison like she felt this bird where. She was very upset when she came to me, she loves animals a lot. Then dawai for some food. We went to a place for local Ukrainian food close to Friday. This is a place Jack showed to me 2 years ago and I always goes here when I am in Kyiv. Good food to a nice price here. After this we went home to relax..Got very tired of walking around in the sun and also so many peoples in Khryshatik.

Offline Thor

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 02:20:08 PM »
So then some relax before we went to a cafe in the evening to see some friends of Rens sister. They both work at Boryspol airport...We went to a cafe cloose to the arkade. Ren had a gift to them from her sister. We had a nice time at the cafe, but of course and as always the spoke mostly Russian. I understand some Russian, but I cant enough to speak longer conversations. Ren told Igor and Olya that we where living the next day. I from Boryspol home to Norway and Ren with the train to Kharkov. Then Igor called Boryspol and made arrangements for my check in the next day. He is a boss at Boryspol and they both has always help+ed me and Ren a lot at the airport. Always VIP service when they know that we are comming or leaving the country :D. Having friends of Rens sister working at Boryspol is just GREAT!! We went home to our appartemendt after 2 ouers at the cafe.

By the way, I have noticed that there are more and more rich peoples in Kyiv. So many beautiful cars everywhere in the city. Also so many beautiful girls and men (Ren told me so :)) walking in the streets in fashion clothes from western Europe. The living standards in Kyiv are a lot higher tahn in Kharkov, dont need to be Einstain to notice that.

We also saw several Us and Western Europe men in the streets wth girls. I guess that it this the seasson for the dating business this days...

Offline Mir

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 03:14:41 PM »
Yes Thor this is true of all FSU women, they really love animals. Sometimes I feel they love animals more them humans :)

Offline Thor

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 12:34:41 AM »
Yes Thor this is true of all FSU women, they really love animals. Sometimes I feel they love animals more them humans :)

Hi Mir,

I have the same feeling sometimes :).

Offline Mir

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 11:42:06 AM »
Thor

Can I be nosy?, it looks like you are able to spend lots of time in Ukraine. Can I ask how you manage this? I mean can you earn a living while you are there or is it because you don't need to work to earn money?.:)

Offline Thor

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 12:12:12 PM »
Thor

Can I be nosy?, it looks like you are able to spend lots of time in Ukraine. Can I ask how you manage this? I mean can you earn a living while you are there or is it because you don't need to work to earn money?.:)

Hi Mir,

Of course can I answer your question. In Kharkov I only relax and spend time with my wife, but when I am in Norway so do I work a lot. I have several different works, and salary's in Norway are very high. My wife's family are very rich compared to normal standards in Ukraine. Her brother in law is a VIP in Kharkov and a milliner. He actually both a apartment to my wife only 30 meters from Lenina :). He knows a lot of peoples in Ukraine and US and I hope to start business in Ukraine soon. When we go to discos/, restauran gs and so on in Kharkov with my wife's sister and her brother in law we always are threaded like VIP`s, very funny. Every important person in Kharkov know Vitalik :)

Offline Mir

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 12:29:02 PM »
Thor

Thanks for the info.
Recently I was in Dubai and one night in a pub got chatting with three men sitting in the next table.Two were from UK and one from Norway. They all worked in the steel industry and had been working in the Far East. The Norwegian had a wife from Thialand. I asked him how come men from Norway even when they are young and never married look for wives overseas and he said that 'Norwegian girls have an attitude problem'

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 01:56:41 PM »
I asked him how come men from Norway even when they are young and never married look for wives overseas and he said that 'Norwegian girls have an attitude problem'

I dated a Norwegian girl in Oz and she didn't have an attitude problem (compared to Australian girls).  Makes me wonder if we all think the grass is greener on the other side???

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 02:51:02 PM »
Hey Thor

I know this place with the red paint around the top. Great food inside and very reasonable on the price. We ate there several times. Our flat was only a few blocks away. I think I posted a photo of it, and the food inside on my thread about my trip to Kiev.

Viking
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline Thor

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 03:51:48 PM »
Hey Viking,

Yes this is the place. VERY good Ukrainian food inside. I always goes there when we are in Kyiv. Even my wife likes this place, and she dont like to many places....

Offline Thor

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 04:10:46 PM »
I dated a Norwegian girl in Oz and she didn't have an attitude problem (compared to Australian girls).  Makes me wonder if we all think the grass is greener on the other side???

Norwegian girls are mostly very nice and they are beautiful too. It is just that I like the FSU attitude and the FSU girls have some awesome body's. Simply the best.

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 04:51:31 PM »
It'd be good if someone could post the address or general location of the restaurant so others could find it...   ???

Offline Thor

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 02:23:15 AM »
It'd be good if someone could post the address or general location of the restaurant so others could find it...   ???

It is cloose to Khryshatik and only 20 meters from retaurang Fridays......But I guess that Jack B knows this adress....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541394
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701