It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Terminal D KBP - Intl and Domestic flights  (Read 2389 times)

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Terminal D KBP - Intl and Domestic flights
« on: November 26, 2014, 06:34:21 PM »
this has started as of 0:00 on November 25, 2014

http://kbp.ua/about/press-center/news/2014/835/
( could not find English version)

It will save some time, just wonder where rechecking luggage will be( back upstairs?) and if needed an x-ray screening again. Also, will one stay in restricted area ( if visa needed) for a connecting flight.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Terminal D KBP - Intl and Domestic flights
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 06:51:32 PM »
I'll try to give you a first hand report next week if that'd help.
 Can't your bags be checked all the way thru?
 I would suspect that you are correct though. Drag the bags back upstairs an go thru it all again.

Translated,"The new service area domestic flights is on the second floor of the terminal and is equipped with 15-hour reception, 6 checkpoints safety and 6 outputs for boarding aircraft. The total capacity of this zone is 1800 passengers per hour as the departure and the arrival

Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine Maxim Bourbaki said: "Combining international and domestic flights in one terminal improved the infrastructure of the airport, provided quality service passenger traffic, and was the impetus for increased transit passengers through the main airport of Ukraine" .

Reformatting terminal D will increase transfer traffic, which, according to international practice, is a key factor in the transformation of the international airport hub. Note on routes within Ukraine share transfer passenger flow is about 65%.

"The opening of the service area of domestic flights - is an important event for us, which solves the key problem in the framework of the overall development strategy. First of all, create the necessary conditions for the development of "Borispol" as a major hub airport. Second, improve the quality of service for passengers and airlines by reducing the time and simplifying procedures transplants between transfer flights " - said Acting General Director of "Boryspil" Eugene breathe .

Reconstruction of passenger terminal D was carried out in the framework of the use of existing production areas. This project did not include the construction of new facilities, in addition to completing galleries departure gate. According to the recommendations of the ministry, all six outputs are equipped with modern escalators, power output is equipped with an elevator to transport people with disabilities.

System maintenance allowance in the area of ​​domestic flights successfully integrated with automated multi-level system - Baggage Hadling System (BHS) - Company Vanderlande Industries BC, which operates several years in the service area of ​​international flights in Terminal D. BHS provides five levels of care allowance flight security and customs and radiation monitoring. The system uses a highly reliable device for sorting baggage HELIXORTER, which divide it according to airline flights, and includes 50 cameras and more than 1,000 sensors".
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:55:13 PM by AkMike »

Offline LAman

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:46:06 PM »
Thanks for translation Mike, I got most but some parts I didn't understand.

In a Ukrainian forum I am involved, there are many questions involving KBP transiting for connecting flights. Mike are you using a domestic connecting flight?

What used to 'get me' is landing at Terminal B or F, taking a tram ALL the way around airport to Terminal D, get off pick up luggage, go through immigration and customs.....check luggage back in, go through immigration again, x-ray screening , go to gate in Terminal D.....back into a tram go back around entire airport to terminal F get off and get on another plane!!  :cluebat: This happened on a KIV-KBP flight/ KBP-LAX within 1.5 hours!!!

Offline AkMike

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:50:32 PM »
No, for us KBP is the end of the line.

It looks as if all international as well as domestic flights are going to use the newest terminal now so it should be a snap top make connections even with the baggage hassles.
 I'll be there next week and will inquire about the Chisenau(KIV)-KBP-KBP-LAX routings inside the airport if you wish.
It shouldn't be too bad.

Offline LAman

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 10:54:15 PM »
Thanks Mike but I just mentioned what I went through a couple years ago. It would be the same now if UIA still lands in Terminal F. ( I think)

It would be great if you could find out the procedure on connecting flights, especially domestic. I wish you a safe and wonderful trip ............I know I am going to freeze in Feb!!!!!

Offline AkMike

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 11:18:32 PM »
That's about when we'll be coming back.  I'll try to give you a PM when we get settled in with an update about KBP.

Hopefully we'll have some snow by the time we get back so we can head down to the dacha for some snowmachineing! There's not enough here to say so now.

Offline JayH

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 11:55:37 PM »
LAman-- good pick up-I had taken no notice when terminal changeover was happening.
The earlier procedure you describe I have never seen-- more recently buses were used between terminals and it worked as well as anywhere similar issues were encountered.
UiA is anchor tenant at KBP.
I am surmising on a couple of points you raise.
If you have thru ticket to Chisinau ( as distinct from a separate non related ticket  KBP on)-- you are a transit passenger and would not need to recheck luggage. Whatever-- check and recheck with airlines if they say that is the case!!
If you have a separate ticket-- chances are you will need to in effect-- enter Ukraine via immigration-collect baggage-- check in again for next flight as a new passenger.I think this is what you are describing?
Not having to change terminal should make this much easier and less stressful.
If you require a visa to enter Ukraine--I think now there is a category for just that type of situation.
The circumstances you will probably be in I have faced in quite a few airports--notably Dubai where a bus moves you between terminals. In Moscow - I was faced with the problem of not having a current visa and not able to collect bags the other side of immigration !! That situation arose after checking with airline several times via email-- and again at check in. I was not alone as it it happened--and others were given the same information about it not being an issue !!
I mention it here to highlight how careful you need to be when getting assurances from airlines! It also needs to be noted if your connecting flight schedule is tight. You can ask on flight for expedited treatment in immigration-- they will give you a card that gets you thru faster( presuming you are not flying on elevated status). I think 90 minutes is tight-but it seems to take about that long no matter where you are!
The new Terminal D is world standard and very nice. Ukrainian organisation seems as good as anywhere.

ps  new terminal fully operational at last--more progress for the new Ukraine  !! :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AkMike

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 12:24:13 AM »
IIRC there used to be a transit visa needed in Moscow to switch from the international terminal to the domestic one. I don't know if that is the way at KBP if they don't have the international area cordoned off to keep them separate form others.

If he's still going thu to KIV it might be more of a problem if it's open.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2240
Total: 2251

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM