It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Chișinău  (Read 39103 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Chișinău
« on: July 21, 2022, 12:27:56 AM »
Ok, amateur hour over with, time for me to be up :D

So now roughly planning a trip to Chișinău, Moldova. All being well this will be around end of September/beginning of October. My house should roughly be finished then and either have a couple of rooms rented out to students or if I've missed the start of the academic year then possibly not so in which case I mights as well go abroad for a well deserved get away I think. My job I will need to keep on a while longer to help pay back some small borrowings which occurred while doing the house.

So for the moment I'll just be able to get away for about 3 days over the weekend. That's not too bad as at least the girls are probably less likely to be at work. I reckon I can potentially meet with 2 girls a day, one in the morning another in the evening each of the three days so potentially up to 6 girls in total. I won't be messaging until just before I go but am confident I can get girls up this quickly now :)

Original plan was of course Odesa, Ukraine but with Ukraine locked in war and me without lots of time on my hands at present to do a border crossing it looks like fate has decided that one is of the cards, at least for the time being. I've no doubt that for the budding adventurer Ukraine could offer a lot of relationship opportunity at present but I really need to keep my job on a few months longer to ensure I'm financially sound, so Moldova is the best I can do for the time being.

In theory I'm looking at the prospect of like Odesa potentially living over there part of the time and part of the time in the UK to take care of business and see family. On that front I would be looking for a girl who would be happy enough to live in Chișinău and have a relationship with me there without me being there all the time. Though that would kind of be like when the guy goes out to work I figure just in a slightly different pattern.

The meet ups is just the first initial stage. From that I have to find a girl who I think fits the bill where we suit each other and into each other. I don't know if I would accomplish that on this first trip out to Chișinău or subsequent trips. Once I've got a girl (hopefully) and she seems into me enough I can then rent a decent apartment and move forward from there so like my plan for Odesa.

This plan should suit quite well I think without a lot of waffle, waffle, waffle beforehand which neither I nor many of the girls it appears seem to want. I myself prefer to meet the physical presence of the girl rather than video chat as you find out there and then if there is any chemistry, no messing around.

Between then and now I'm going to try and concentrate on improving my physique. The diet is going well so continuing with that but I think I could do more on the weights so hopefully will. The language learning is going ok but obviously not anything significant yet but that will have to go as it goes, I've only really got spare time for that at present.

So, all in all should be all set. It's a good couple of months away as yet but pencilling in a rough date helps to have something to look forward to. It's been a while since I was last out FSU direction so will be good to finally able to get back to it after what's happened over the past couple of years or so. When it all goes down I'll update here on my progress :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 12:30:40 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Chișinău
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 01:56:11 AM »
Ok, amateur hour over with...

So now roughly planning a trip to Chișinău, Moldova...

So for the moment I'll just be able to get away for about 3 days over the weekend...

Original plan was of course Odesa, Ukraine...

In theory I'm looking at the prospect of like Odesa...

The meet ups is just the first initial stage...

This plan should suit quite well I think...

Between then and now...

So, all in all should be all set...

Set? Hardly. Considering your record of posting such repeatedly, without ever setting foot in an airport, maybe continue with this one when you have your tickets in hand?

Offline RussianWomenOnly

Chișinău
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 03:10:26 AM »
Trenchcoat:  you are good guy, very friendly...but don't look for my girl in Chisinau. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 07:19:03 AM »
Trenchcoat:  you are good guy, very friendly...but don't look for my girl in Chisinau.

Lol, your safe enough there RWO as said before I'm not after a woman who already has kids too much bother for me when I can get women up without. I don't go to use women for sex either as another point of FSU dating is that while you're spending time with the wrong woman including just using women for sex you could be losing out on being with the right woman. Even if no dates lined up there's always the outside chance of meeting someone out and about if going around single. Like yourself I'm not into getting into situations of unprotected sex or sex with whatever woman I can get it off, with all the STI's and viruses knocking around these days it's just too risky to go all out on trying to get laid here, there and everywhere. Some guys try and mix the sex tourist and looking for a relationship outlook, I don't mind going with a girl who's hot who wants it with protected sex but I'm really after a real committed relationship. That's another issue that FSW face being used by sex tourists who make out they want a real relationship, some of whom are already married men.

Your girl is quite attractive I don't think quite my type looks wise so that's another reason I probably wouldn't go for her even if she didn't have a kid. I've got to kind of feel that the woman would go with me, complement me as 2tallbill had said in the past, 'can you see yourself waking up with Mrs Trenchcoat, RWO, etc' and I think that is a good point rather than just trying to get whoever comes up.

That all said I hope that you can no doubt see the problem with your approach. Your timing was way off for reasons you've brought up. In reality you can't really expect this lady not to get with other guys, not for potential relationships nor just for sex. Not just foreign guts but local guys also. Until you meet with a lady and offer her something, a meaningful long term relationship, marriage proposal (not necessarily straight away though you may not want to linger too much) then she's free to meet up with who she likes, you haven't offered her anything and that's how FSW see it. Hence she unfortunately isn't your girl until you get over there and make it so. It won't be me but potentially other guys that may be making moves on her, as an attractive lady even with a kid that is quite likely and has been said if they offer here a permanent arrangement that she likes she will drop you like she drops trash in the can, straight away and without thought. So remember however friendly things may be going with this woman it doesn't mean anything, it's what going on in her real life where she lives is what counts and until you visit you won't be included in that.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 12:01:17 PM »
Set? Hardly. Considering your record of posting such repeatedly, without ever setting foot in an airport, maybe continue with this one when you have your tickets in hand?

Very funny BC, well I could hardly go when the virus hit when there was no vaccine, not when flights weren't ruining or had a lot of restrictions. Before all of that when I said I would go I went. If recent I was planning for Odesa but then the war started and made that difficult plus I never gave a specific date set in stone it was always when I had done the house and it was suitable. So now I am back to going when I say I will do long as something real bad doesn't put paid to my plans there as well again. This time though I am feeling more hopeful, it will be my first time since the summer of 2019 that I will be back out in the FSU and first time in visiting Moldova. In a way lucky such a small enclave like Moldova exists as the rest isn't exactly an easy deal at the moment so hopefully come late September/early October it will all be on and I'll be getting out over there :)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 05:27:43 PM »
Ok, so RWO will probably be relieved to know it's probably a darker haired girl I see myself with rather than a blonde. I mean blonde can be hot but I just think darker hair girls are more suited to me, kind of a deepness to some of them that blondes just don't seem to have in terms of dark desires which I tend to like :P

Now over time my wardrobe and fashion style have come along a fair way I think since dating out in the FSU. Most of it I now have together and am pleased with it. My hair is one area I haven't quite settle yet, I can get different hairstyles done but often it reverts back to the same old same which is a pain I feel.

The other area that I not sure I've quite got licked is the jacket. Now I know I've shown members on here before the blue suit style jacket I got when I was in Kyiv with girl a few years back. Some reactions on here were to burn it, lol, I reasonably liked it but I have two concerns, one I think it's in Ukrainian style/look, wool blend looking type of jacket I think possibly Turkish import or similar. I know Krim seemed to think it better to go with a western style that is unique, quality, etc to stand out from the locals as that's what a lot of Ukrainian girls dig (No doubt similar in Moldova). I know of course that many Ukrainians dig the top fashion brand stuff. Anyhow, my second concern is while I think the jacket is nice enough, I'm not so sure that suit jackets are really me. Even though it's a little casual ish suit jacket the whole pocket square and formality of the jacket I think feels a bit too straight laced to me to really sit comfortably with who I am. I'm thinking a leather jacket may really suit me more, possibly blazer style to keep it smart direction but also to keep it light. As far as bad weather is concerned I think I would just have to keep it treated and go with it as it is and avoid being outside too much in real bad weather. I'm just thinking on the whole it reflects who I am better and the type of girl I would like. Like said before someone with a bit of an edge so think maybe it's better to not attract girls who are too straight laced wanting another generic big standard suit guy if you know what I mean. To my mind I'm just thinking it may get me nearer to the type of girl I'm after. So think I may look around for a leather blazer type of jacket between now and proposed Moldova visit and see if I can find something I like :)

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Chișinău
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 06:26:39 PM »
Jacket depends a lot on the time of the year you’re going…

in the cold, I’d recommend something like these:

http://www.cashmereboutique.com/product-category/men/coats-men/

and between now and Fall, I’d skip a jacket altogether….

My all time biggest fashion hit was wearing a “Marlborro Man Jacket” and speaking with my normal Virginian (light southern) accent in the UK back when I was a youngster
I saw more little pink clams back then then you could EVER imagine, and I liked how the girls reacted when I touched them...

remember: Perception is Reality: You ARE what you APPEAR TO BE!!!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 06:36:56 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 12:18:07 AM »
Jacket depends a lot on the time of the year you’re going…

in the cold, I’d recommend something like these:

http://www.cashmereboutique.com/product-category/men/coats-men/

and between now and Fall, I’d skip a jacket altogether….

My all time biggest fashion hit was wearing a “Marlborro Man Jacket” and speaking with my normal Virginian (light southern) accent in the UK back when I was a youngster
I saw more little pink clams back then then you could EVER imagine, and I liked how the girls reacted when I touched them...

remember: Perception is Reality: You ARE what you APPEAR TO BE!!!

Looks like I could pick myself up an authentic Donald Trump coat at the Cashmere store Krim :D

Yeah think you're right that at this time of year probably no jacket at all.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 04:12:44 PM by Boethius »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 05:40:42 AM »
Decided to go with getting a black leather blazer jacket for the colder times of the year and a blue shacket for the warmer summer months, so keeps it nice and casual smart. I'm not intending to do the whole theatre /orchestra scene as it's not for me and that sort of girl wouldn't suit me. Fortunate in recent years there has been a decline in Ukraine in that scene and the virus no doubt further decreasing interest in it as I know at one point it was pretty dominant. I'll keep the suit jacket for whenever it might come in useful but I think better to go with stuff that I would likely everyday wear and is more me so long as it looks decent enough I think which I think it should. It's more about attracting the right sort of girl that would fit with me I think.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2022, 03:45:10 PM »
Kind of slightly frustrating period at the moment, a couple of months wait till I get to make a trip out to Moldova. Can prepare a bit along the way of course, bit more Russian learning etc but kind of feeling I wouldn't mind being there like yesterday, but know I can't do anything at the moment so really just waiting it out for a few weeks. A pain but I guess only around eight weeks or so, so hopefully will be able to update soon with action on the ground with a bit of luck I hope.

Offline Steven1971

Chișinău
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 07:19:36 AM »
I was watching this video:

And I was struck by how many signs I understood. Romanian is the official language of Moldova and is one of the four romance languages along with French, Italian and Spanish.

Entering random words into Google Translate suggests Italian is the closest language to Romanian. Only a few words in Romanian are close to Russian.

Long term you would be better off learning Romanian or probably Italian if that is easier. Learning French for a few years will give you a bigger legs up than Russian which is a much harder language to master. Just entering 50 words I found 40% of words were either the same or almost the same. Even French words were closer than Russian the exceptions being masina (car) and potato (cartof)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 06:46:47 PM »
I was watching this video:

And I was struck by how many signs I understood. Romanian is the official language of Moldova and is one of the four romance languages along with French, Italian and Spanish.

Entering random words into Google Translate suggests Italian is the closest language to Romanian. Only a few words in Romanian are close to Russian.

Long term you would be better off learning Romanian or probably Italian if that is easier. Learning French for a few years will give you a bigger legs up than Russian which is a much harder language to master. Just entering 50 words I found 40% of words were either the same or almost the same. Even French words were closer than Russian the exceptions being masina (car) and potato (cartof)

Interesting video Steven, much appreciate, thank you for sharing :)

I think my biggest take away from it was that it was much quieter and more serene in the park. That wouldn't be a bad place to meet up for a date I think, a lot more of a more romantic setting than the street & market stuff - some awful road noise as sirens there that would just ruin my mojo.

Funny that you say about the Romanian language Steven, I pushed myself to do a little more last night of Romanian. I managed to get a free Pimsleur download with an Amazon Audio trial of the first set of lessons. I do feel it's a little easier than Russian, I'm not sure why perhaps an easier flowing of words I guess. I don't know much in the way of Italian so not much to go on by way of comparison there, I guess Italian has roots in Roman and Roman to Romania maybe.

At the moment I'm still just confining it to learning a few basics, 'hello, excuse me, etc, etc' just to be able to deal with stuff without relying on English or translation apps totally as they can both be a bit too much of a crutch and restrict awareness of very basic ability to pick up on the culture around which can make oneself feel a bit out of it I think.

I think I might possibly try some Russian out while out there and see if it's understood. For me Russian is handy as a catch all language out that way and I get the impression it's in widespread use in Moldova. In theory I could always end up meeting a Ukrainian girl out there who may be more familiar with Russian than Romanian so want to keep my options open I think before committing too much time to learning Romanian as still a fair bit further in with Russian language at the moment so will see how it goes I think.

Offline I/O

• Trips: > 10
Chișinău
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2022, 03:23:37 AM »
There's a lot of "potholes" in the "streets" there...😉

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2022, 05:42:39 PM »
Well some good news for me tonight, while thinking the whole jacket thing over again tonight I decided to input a search for the Seersucker jacket I was interested in buying a couple of years ago. At the time Armani had marked it down but it was still a few hundred pounds so I hesitated as it was around the start of the Coronavirus pandemic and I had other more pressing matters on my mind. Anyhow, it must have been popular as they sold out after only a few weeks I think it was though possibly they may have not made a lot of those jackets. I input searches for it occasionally over the past couple of years but no joy and I kind of felt that I should have bought it at the time as I became quite taken with it. Armani themselves have not since produced any more, they have done other seersucker jackets but I tend not to like the colour or style of them, then there is the hefty price. The thing I liked about the Seersucker jacket they had done was that it seemed a nice vibrant colour, was a casual breezy sort of design/cut and of course like most Seersucker jackets could be worn in relatively warm weather. So assuming there is no real extreme weather potentially it could be worn year long round.

So yeah I input the search and up it pops, turns out that some retail outlet in the US is selling one new with original Armani labels attached. What's more is that its around my size. Probably on the tightest possible size but I'm looking to lose a little more weight plus I can always leave the jacket open which I tend to prefer anyway. I had to pay about £15 for it to be sent and about £35 or so in import tax but think I got a bargain for it at £177 all in including exchange rate conversation :D

A bit of a bummer that the pound is a bit weaker against the dollar than it was at the moment, not sure why as otherwise would have got it a bit cheaper still but doubt another one will come up easily as I don't think they're are many of them around then most people will hang onto them I think, plus the size may be a bit far out or the price higher. So thought I would put in for it now while it was there and grab a good bargain.

So there we have it, I'm pretty pleased with my purchase as my search for a jacket is over. The two mentioned earlier I may still get but I think this jacket should be a good catch all one, good for many weathers, smart enough but not too formal, a nice casual feel and a decent brand, cut, style, material, etc which hopefully will go down well in the FSU. I think the jacket could suit me well without me thinking if it's not really me, will have to wait until it arrives in mid August but I'm now feeling more confident that I have a jacket to go out to Moldova in and look good I think. The rest of the stuff, trousers, shoes etc I have sorted it was really the jacket that was the one last hold out as while the jacket I got over in Kyiv before with girl was decent enough, it was the kind of stuff the locals walk around in out there so didn't really boost me I think. That and it was slightly formal, it had a wool nitty type of texture so avoided being real formal which was nice but just kind of think this jacket is a bit more casual but classy looking so a bit more me I think really.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 05:55:36 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
Chișinău
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2022, 10:00:24 PM »
Well some good news for me tonight, while thinking the whole jacket thing over again tonight I decided to input a search for the Seersucker jacket I was interested in buying a couple of years ago. At the time Armani had marked it down but it was still a few hundred pounds so I hesitated as it was around the start of the Coronavirus pandemic and I had other more pressing matters on my mind. Anyhow, it must have been popular as they sold out after only a few weeks I think it was though possibly they may have not made a lot of those jackets. I input searches for it occasionally over the past couple of years but no joy and I kind of felt that I should have bought it at the time as I became quite taken with it. Armani themselves have not since produced any more, they have done other seersucker jackets but I tend not to like the colour or style of them, then there is the hefty price. The thing I liked about the Seersucker jacket they had done was that it seemed a nice vibrant colour, was a casual breezy sort of design/cut and of course like most Seersucker jackets could be worn in relatively warm weather. So assuming there is no real extreme weather potentially it could be worn year long round.

So yeah I input the search and up it pops, turns out that some retail outlet in the US is selling one new with original Armani labels attached. What's more is that its around my size. Probably on the tightest possible size but I'm looking to lose a little more weight plus I can always leave the jacket open which I tend to prefer anyway. I had to pay about £15 for it to be sent and about £35 or so in import tax but think I got a bargain for it at £177 all in including exchange rate conversation :D

A bit of a bummer that the pound is a bit weaker against the dollar than it was at the moment, not sure why as otherwise would have got it a bit cheaper still but doubt another one will come up easily as I don't think they're are many of them around then most people will hang onto them I think, plus the size may be a bit far out or the price higher. So thought I would put in for it now while it was there and grab a good bargain.

So there we have it, I'm pretty pleased with my purchase as my search for a jacket is over. The two mentioned earlier I may still get but I think this jacket should be a good catch all one, good for many weathers, smart enough but not too formal, a nice casual feel and a decent brand, cut, style, material, etc which hopefully will go down well in the FSU. I think the jacket could suit me well without me thinking if it's not really me, will have to wait until it arrives in mid August but I'm now feeling more confident that I have a jacket to go out to Moldova in and look good I think. The rest of the stuff, trousers, shoes etc I have sorted it was really the jacket that was the one last hold out as while the jacket I got over in Kyiv before with girl was decent enough, it was the kind of stuff the locals walk around in out there so didn't really boost me I think. That and it was slightly formal, it had a wool nitty type of texture so avoided being real formal which was nice but just kind of think this jacket is a bit more casual but classy looking so a bit more me I think really.
WGAS?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2022, 12:17:40 AM »
WGAS?

Ah returned to see my moment of triumphant purchase Gaunty, yep I knew you would be keenly interested to hear :D

Here is the original discussion on the topic about the jacket:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24481.25

The link to the jacket no longer works but I thought a good discussion all the same.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2022, 12:29:24 PM »
Well update, after a short while wondering if they might renege on the deal my jacket has finally been sent on its way to me, which could prove to be quite the game changer :D

Original price was $795 but I picked it up for about a quarter of the original price.

In the UK think it was about £500 if I recall right and that was discounted by at least a couple of hundred probably as COVID was just hitting at the time and last thing on most people's minds was buying that sort of merchandise, toilet paper being the main commodity of interest.

Anyway looks like I was right to hold off, saved a bunch on money as a result, hopefully all will be good when it arrives.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2022, 03:19:24 PM »
Ok, jacket on the way, a long journey from the US but when it arrives it will no doubt transform me into epic Superhero status :D

Done a brief bit of Romanian language learning nothing much just a few basic words, hello, goodbye, etc to familiarise myself with the language a little. I'll mainly be relying on translate apps and possibly a bit of Russian but if the girl knows English enough that will be handy. I've decided now to move back over to learning Russian a few min here & there again since despite everything I think it will remain a catch all language out there if not a popular one. I've spent to much time learning what I have to date of Russian to toss that away now and I've no idea where I may meet a girl so think best stick to that one rather than invest too much time in a language that is just valid for one country in the FSU. I think being a foreigner the girl will likely forgive the use of it if she doesn't know English to well depending on the girl of course.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 01:03:51 PM »
Ok, jacket arrived today after its long journey from the US, not bad as arrived pretty quick about a week ahead of estimated time. Anyhow it arrived and the package was so light, I opened it and all was good. The jacket was there and in good condition. I tried it on and OMG it feels real ethereal, just so light, perfect for the Summer, it's more like shacket level of thinness but in a more suit rather than shirt/overshirt style. It looks great though, for me it's a slight small/tight fit but just about large enough to fit into without looking ridiculous or being uncomfortable (size 38R US chest size). One size larger would probably have been perfect but beggars can't be choosers as they say. My guess is its smaller size is why it was still going for sale as new with all the original tickets still on it as many US guys too big for it ;) Anyhow, it makes my small arm muscles look bigger :D Previous girl I was with would probably have picked it out as the right size for me, I have a habit of oversizing too much though I wonder if it may be slightly undersize, if I breath in I can button it but it looks a bit ridiculous like that lol so unbuttoned it should suffice and look good enough. Can't wait to give it a test run out in Moldova in a few weeks time. I'm going in as a businessman as Krim suggests and so need a look that fits so it should do that I think. It's the way things are going in my life at any rate as when I rent the house out I will essentially be moving that way, my business being Property.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2022, 01:50:43 PM »
I think one thing for me to work on a bit more between now and the trip is to focus on losing a bit more weight. I'm not massively over, nothing that shows at least and have lost weight gradually since the start of the year but I'm still slightly over. I've reduced my body fat percentage from 28 percent to around 23 percent since the start of the year. Ideally I would like to reduce it more than the very small weekly reduction to date just to try and look more in shape for the trip. I think on this trip I've got a fair chance of getting some girls up and so hopefully it won't fall flat as some previous trips as the guys know on here were a bit mixed. So just got to get out there and bring to bear the stuff I've learnt over the years and see how I can get on.

Offline Jumper1

Chișinău
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2022, 02:43:41 PM »

Just curious, why?

Offline Jumper1

Chișinău
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2022, 02:56:54 PM »
TC,
Have you made any contacts in moldova?

For what its worth i never dressed any differently in ukraine thsn here or prague or vienna.
If i was meeting someone for a date, i would dress suitably to the location of the date.
A walk.in the park and local.cafe,date , is different than a snappy restuarant  etc.
  i dressed neutral for a given situation ,not to.impress.
 That absolutely isnt my thing in regular life  ,so.i  sure  dint.want to give that impression.
While i may dress up.for a given occassion i still wont be the best dressed at any given  event so im.not going to be at any given date either lol

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2022, 03:42:12 PM »
TC,
Have you made any contacts in moldova?

For what its worth i never dressed any differently in ukraine thsn here or prague or vienna.
If i was meeting someone for a date, i would dress suitably to the location of the date.
A walk.in the park and local.cafe,date , is different than a snappy restuarant  etc.
  i dressed neutral for a given situation ,not to.impress.
 That absolutely isnt my thing in regular life  ,so.i  sure  dint.want to give that impression.
While i may dress up.for a given occassion i still wont be the best dressed at any given  event so im.not going to be at any given date either lol

I guess I'm going with first impressions count so to speak. I don't doubt that it can be done wearing whatever but some people are more impressive looks wise or physically if say they are athletic. Anyway will see how it goes down in a few weeks I guess.

I haven't made any contacts yet, I'll do that about a week before I go, I'm pretty sure I can bring someone up but worst case scenario the trip will go slightly touristy even though its not really a touristy sort of place in any big way - that I don't mind as it can help focus my mind on the task at hand.

Offline RussianWomenOnly

Chișinău
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2022, 04:34:25 PM »
Jumpy:  Don't worry, my girl was a scammer.  Trench can look for her no problem.   :D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Chișinău
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2022, 05:04:30 PM »
Jumpy:  Don't worry, my girl was a scammer.  Trench can look for her no problem.   :D

I'm going to guess what Jumper was getting at is until you've met and agreed a relationship it's really anyone's game, so in theory all quite ethical even morally acceptable to make a play for your girl, if I wanted. I didn't as you know I really try to avoid women with kids as it doesn't sit well with me, all the problems etc.

If she was still on Fdate I reckon I could message her a week before my meet and go meet her, no need for video chat as you have done the groundwork there for me ;D I guessing I could meet her if I do wanted and odds are I wouldn't find anything scammer about her. Like I say I have no wish to do that but the point is, is that I'm pretty sure the reason for it going south had likely nothing to do with scamming but her choice in her life in what she decided she wanted.

I think the 6 month wait was a real killer in your chances I'm afraid RWO. As someone said bear the being of your thread it gives many days, weeks & months for a guy to beat you to it, meet her in person and blow you away, foreign or local, my guess is probably local.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541301
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3924
Most Online Ever: 12701