It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is a bikini / provacative pose a Red Flag???  (Read 15026 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Is a bikini / provacative pose a Red Flag???
« on: August 18, 2007, 02:10:37 PM »
I have heard this before, but do the type of photos in a woman's profile constitute a red flag?

I have went back to every woman that I have met or dated in the FSU and none of them wore a bikini / swimsuit
in their profile photos. I don't think I consciously eliminated a woman for having one, maybe I did subconsciously.

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ScottinCrimea

Re: Is a bikini / provacative pose a Red Flag???
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 02:13:32 PM »
would you want to see a picture of your wife in a bikini on the internet?  How about your future wife?

Offline Nando

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 02:17:18 PM »
Provocative photos in lingerie or biquini (or sort of...) well, says something no? :P

One photo on the beach in biquini well it is different ;)

Offline I/O

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 02:48:54 PM »
a woman's profile constitute a red flag?

Yep.....!!!

I/O

Offline Serebro

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 03:25:40 PM »
It depends on the purposes of the man's visit ;D
If the man is a sexual tourist and/or curious about meeting a scammer bikini photos are ok then.

As for the serious girls(that I know) with a good job I can hardly imagine that anyone of them could post their photo where they wear bikini to look for serious relationships

One photo on the beach in biquini well it is different
and when you correspond for some time and maybe have met. 8)

Offline Gator

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 04:03:02 PM »
RW are modest.  At European beaches with German and French women going topless, RW keep their tops on with few exceptions.

Agencies encourage women to submit bikini photos because that increases business.  Some RW relent; most think it is absurd.

An attractive body is readily apparent with full clothing.  In fact, I find loose fitting, high quality clothing more sexy than tight fitting apparel.  Can not control my hands.

To continue (sorry, phone call interrupted me), I would question a woman who has provocative poses on the Internet.  She certainly is not trying to focus a man's attention to her intelligence and inner qualities. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 04:15:59 PM by Gator »

Offline Yulz

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »
I don't think it's necessarily a red flag.. just a very basic strategy to appeal to men on dating sites.. profiles of women who have the bare minimum of clothes on get more hits.. 

Offline Serebro

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 04:19:42 PM »
I don't think it's necessarily a red flag.. just a very basic strategy to appeal to men on dating sites.. profiles of women who have the bare minimum of clothes on get more hits.. 
So what will be the quality of the men attracted to this type of pictures?! :wallbash:

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »
Bill,

Yep! But a girl in a provocative pose is all some men need to develop an interest... I guess it depends what you're looking for.

Kuna

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 12:19:28 AM »
I was asking the question for a multitude of reasons.

First is it something that should raise a red flag? how big of a red flag? As I said earlier
that I have never met or written to a woman in a bikini photo. I don't think I made a conscious decision
about it, but obviously I did not write them back or visit these women for a reason.

Second is it something that needs to be discussed? I think it does.

Third, those of us that have visited the fsu know that they dress differently than
they do here. They wear high heels even in the snow, they wear short skirts even in
the snow sometimes. Is is something that is cultural? Are they pressured to do this? (I am sure they are)
does it mean that they would not make good wives? Does it matter if its a beach photo?

Bill

« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 12:24:13 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline jb

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 01:08:26 AM »
Bill,

Forgive me for sticking my nose into the question as I'll be the first to say I know very little about agencies or dating web sites.  With that said I'd say you have to read the profile carefully.  A girl who posts a somewhat provocative pose and says she's interested to meet men within 10 years of her age is probably looking for a husband, OTOH, another young girl posts a similar photo and says she's open to men to age 70 is prolly looking for clients.  It has been said that agencies sometimes push girls to expand the age envelope, i.e., to list an age group she wouldn't ordinarily date just to generate some letter traffic, this might be the case for agencies that charge for correspondence by the letter.  I think it's a question of being able to read between the lines and it also helps to know a bit about the agency's reputation.

Offline Blues Fairy

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 01:34:22 AM »
Define provocative. 

Bikini photos may be very demure and photos showing only a face may be extremely sexy.  Sex appeal = red flag?

No we are not "pressured" to wear high heels and short skirts, we are just not pressured NOT to wear them.

Offline I/O

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 02:48:08 AM »
this might be the case for agencies that charge for correspondence by the letter.

No JB: IME it goes much further than that. Anything at all that creates "Site Traffic" is fair game for most site based agencies. Whether pay per letter, pay per click or time period membership, IMO and experience, it makes little difference.  Saucy pictures attract men(?) and eventually they will join the membership ranks in one form or another, regardless of the charge system.

The bottom line with ALL website only agencies is that a percentage of the profiles simply don't exist. Like it or not, 'tis as 'tis. This whole business is becoming more and more suspect as time goes by. A decently and thoughtfully written profile is becoming a rarity.  You're right on the reading between the lines, latterly it is almost a case IMO of reading between the pages.

I/O

Online Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 04:46:30 AM »
IMHO, being provocative is the issue here.

As far as people marry also in order to have the pleasures of sex, their bodies and skin, their being strong and alert, do matter a lot. Therefore, having photos in swimmsuits are essentially aimed to show the prospects 'you see what you get'.

Of course there are astute men like Gator  ;) who can grasp a body in full clothes. However, it would take years for some women, me including, to realize that women don't need to undress themselves in order to have their physics read up and appreciated by men! Many girls believe that they look best in swimmsuits, and in most of cases they are absolutely right about that.

What would matter here is, IMHO, how natural is the environment and circumstances surrounding the bikini. If the girl in bikini plays badminton or volleyball, btw every beach has such bunches of ball players and almost everyone is welcome to join, if she gaily spings out of sea making a wall of splashes, if she just stands out of water after having a dive, I think those are all good shots for a profile. What 'd you think of a slim woman who is pictured when performing a leg split or a sort of Bielmann pirouette on the beach, especially if her profile says she is 45 years old?

The seductive pictures are only secondarily aimed at showing a healthy well-stretched body and probably are used just to turn men on.

Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Online Lily

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 05:42:58 AM »

Third, those of us that have visited the fsu know that they dress differently than
they do here. They wear high heels even in the snow, they wear short skirts even in
the snow sometimes. Is is something that is cultural? Are they pressured to do this? (I am sure they are)
does it mean that they would not make good wives? Does it matter if its a beach photo?

Bill

I don't think that supersexy dress or posing on the beach (in a non-seductive way) would have an impact on their ability of making a good wife. Those are IMHO different things.

I spent my teenage years with my super-traditional, patriarchally driven granny. The neighbours were families of same standing with girls of my age who all spent their last money for sexually revealing, tight clothes and high heels. We felt great strolling dressed and made up on streets in small girl packs  ;) and turning all male heads  8). But back home we heard lectures on how to cook best for least money, how to starch and iron bed linen, how not to leave a wrinkle on our clothes and clothes of our men. Our olders tried their best in order to make quality wifeys out of us leggy beauties.  ;D Some of them succeeded..

I'd second Blue Fairy that often a Russian woman is judged on how she is dressed, and generally on her looks. It is highly incomfortably to walk in heels on icy street  :o but anyway, there are girls for whom her sexy headturning feel means apparently more than her eventually broken leg  :-[

Probably it is sort of culture, however not sure  :)

Offline Nat

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 06:46:14 AM »

I personally tend to wear casual clothes. I like jeans, t-shirts and trainers :) But most of girls (I’d say 99%) here LIKE to wear feminine clothes. For example, several days ago I was returning to Donetsk by train. There was a girl in my compartment, why was going back to Ukraine from Poland. She had spent a month there and complained about clothing habits there a lot :) She said she hadn’t succeed in searches of clothes she likes (smart and elegant), because most of shops sell jeans-like style of clothes. She also said that when she had gone outside her house, wearing what she likes to wear here in Ukraine (elegant skirt, top and elegant shoes), people had been looking at her in surprise.
Yep, and it’s true about high heels in winter – all my friends always buy high heeled winter boots and feel perfect using them :) So, yes, it’s in our culture :)

does it mean that they would not make good wives?

May be it depends on which qualities your ideal wife should have :)

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 07:25:26 AM »
Very intresting thread...especially for me...
That being said I give you four ladies pics, you tell me which one you think would get more attention. Their profiles are on our site if that matters to you.
Bear in mind that we do not tell the ladies how to dress at any time & some of the pictures they submit themselves, we are not invovled in taking them. Most times we don't even tell them how to pose but give guidance at times where needed.
The first 2 are in the 18-29 age group & secound 2 are in the 30-44 age group, if that matters, LOL.
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Online Lily

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 08:00:58 AM »
My very IMHO, the first one could do a winning closeup. She seems to have a cute face that is additionally well made up. This woman seems to be a natural feminine beauty. Her pose looks a bit artificial, however. When I enlarged the pic, I also notice that the photo is somehow stretched to the side(?)..
I'd say that this girl makes an impression as she just wake up after a night in club and forgot to clean her yesterday's heavy makeup.
And she definitely should better look into the camera! Her eyes are just missing!

A good photo should stress something unique, shoule show something advantageous about a person. A great photo should catch the eye. I spent some time thinking what do those women want to express with every picture.

The 2nd one has a very good body and apparently tried to play this card. I'd suggest she could try some tight pants and a very short single with some fringes, making her upper part gain a bit volume.

Black underwear is generally a risky and a very demanding outfit, I'd say....

The 3rd woman found the most favorable lightning that lights up one side of her face and slightly shadows the other.

The 4th one apparently makes a point about her beatiful curly hair, but this picture obviously asks to be supplemented with an expressive face closeup.

Offline I/O

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 08:14:35 AM »
I'd suggest she could try some tight pants and a very short single with some fringes, making her upper part gain a bit volume.

S'pose that's a polite way of saying she has no boobs. :noidea: 

My guess is # 1 would get a few lookers, but she certainly doesn't do anything for me.  On the photos, # 3 might catch my attention, but I don't much like obviously "Posed" photos anyway. # 4 actually looks the most natural but she just somehow doesn't do it for me. Neeeeeeeeeeext. ::)

I/O

Offline KenC

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 08:15:40 AM »
You know, I think these girls are damned if they do or damned of they don't.  Truth of the matter is that sexy photos attract attention from men!  Period!  Non sexy photos are usually ignored.  Period.  The more seductive the photo, the more attention received.  Us men are such hypocrites about such things too.  AWWWW, that is disgusting, let me look again!!!!!

There were some bikini photos posted here some time ago of a RW in her mid to late 40's with a killer body.  In her situation, I thought posting such photos were appropriate.  She is competing with much younger women and obviously had taken very good care of her body.  I also think that if a RW wants to post photos of herself frolicking in the surf on her last vacation to the seaside, is fine.  Studio shots in bikinis seem over the line IMO.

Again, these women have to walk a very fine line.  They know they need to post photos to attract attention, but how seductive is too titalating is very subjective.  The photos are just "attention getters" to lead you to read the profile any way, if the man is sincere and not just gawking a pretty girls on the Net.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline I/O

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 08:37:38 AM »
AWWWW, that is disgusting, let me look again!!!!!
And............just so long as my missus isn't hanging photos like that around for all to see. :o :o

'Fraid I didn't get to see a photo at all for a few weeks. :-[  Although for other reasons, I had a vague idea what she might look like. I had good reason to believe one way and another that she was probably quite attractive, but it was the approach to communications which got me in to start with.

When she finally did get around to having a few bikini shots, on one of the prettiest beaches in the world, the irony was that I was the one on the other side of the camera. Conservative such as she is, those photos have been sworn to privacy.

I've always thought a woman doesn't have to show her body to show it off, but that's me and others see it differently.

I/O 

Offline drmbear

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 09:23:39 AM »
I'm not so opposed to a bikini picture along with others.  I'm more opposed when there are no pictures at all that let you know what the person looks like.  When the person is off in the distance, with trees around, lighting screwed up, that is not a picture of the person.

Craig

Online Lily

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 09:33:53 AM »
There were some bikini photos posted here some time ago of a RW in her mid to late 40's with a killer body.  In her situation, I thought posting such photos were appropriate.  She is competing with much younger women and obviously had taken very good care of her body.  I also think that if a RW wants to post photos of herself frolicking in the surf on her last vacation to the seaside, is fine.  Studio shots in bikinis seem over the line IMO.

Don't you mean those two?

Offline Shadow

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 09:52:24 AM »
Pictures in a sexy pose or in bikini are a method to attract attention. You are the one to decide on why the woman uses this method to attract attention, and if this offer bothers you or not.

With such pictures, you might just ask who made them, as you might from the body language and surroundings see if they were made as pose by a photographer or friend, or made by a lover.

Richards pic 1 was made in a hotel room near the sea, check the background. Nr 2 and nr 3 are professional poses. Nr 4 is probably made by a friend.

The pics of Lily, nr 1 is a holiday picture, made by relative. Could be ex-husband or just another relativve.
Nr 2 is a professional pose.

It is up to you to find out why a woman posts the pictures, and what they mean.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline KenC

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 10:08:23 AM »
Lily,
No, neither of those were the woman that I was thinking of.  These two photos were a little too contrived for my taste.  The one I remember was more natural shots at a beach or resort.  Which brings up the question of trying a little too hard to get the attention.

Like I already said, it is a fine line to walk.  Years ago I criticized LTP, one of the big popular agencies for the the lack of quality photos on their site.  I just didn't understand how such a popular agency couldn't supply quality photos.  Then there is the other side of the coin, with an agency like Mordinson.  They have great photos of all their women listed as I believe the owner is a professional photographer.  Well, Mordinsons comes off as a little too slick and a little too artificial or forced.  Like I also said, you can't win for trying with us men.

Funny thing, photos.  I happen to think that Lena is very photogentic.  The absolute worst photos I have ever seen of her was on the LTP website in her profile!  What were they thinking?  BTW, the photo of Lena that did grab my attention (well, actually took my breath away) was of her in jeans, with a long sleeved sweater seated in a chair with her long blond hair trailing down her back.  Even though her beauty showed clearly, it was a very nonsensual shot.  They were testing a concept where AM could phone the women pictured directly and have a conversation.  I simply picked up the phone and made a call.  Ironically, the concept failed for LTP and I was only one of two guys that called Lena.  We were both in the right place at the right time.

In the end, photos are only attention grabbers, because the real relationship begins later.  But without the attention, no relationship will ever develop.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541380