It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 458751 times)

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #1400 on: May 15, 2018, 09:30:47 PM »
I would not think that, many stats give Europe as the preferred destination for FSW, even the UK. Basically because it is much closer so more convenient. If things don't go well there can still be a reasonable chance of making it back home easy, but if there is a big ocean in the way they could be very much stuck in the USA. Visiting family would also be cheaper and quicker and the girl would know they are not vast distances away. I briefly tried with a couple of fake profiles online and with the same woman the UK profile got more response than a USA profile, I believe the big geographical distance is off putting for a lot of women. Some women will like the adventure I think and the USA or parts of it such as Hollywood, California, Florida, etc. I think in all though US guys can have a much tougher time getting responses on bonafide dating sites than UK/European guys.

Most of the women we know or my wife worked with wanted the US. They still see it as the land of opportunity, even if that dream is harder to attain these days.

But like you say, we know one lady who married a Spaniard because of proximity to Ukraine. She wanted to return home more often. In the end I think it will have to do with the person versus location.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1401 on: May 15, 2018, 10:05:13 PM »
Trench's "I would think" are normally a warning sign that proves he doesn't....THINK..

There was a time when the USA was THE desired place to look for a guy.

Especially in Russia, there's been a concerted campaign on Kremlin controlled media to portray life in America as much harder than the 'dream'. 

The crash of 2007 and it's economic fallout 'suggested' that the dream was over.  The Kremlin has succeeded in restoring pride in being Russian

For sure, Europe is closer - but the ladies I know were looking a the guy - not so such his country ..(though normally excl. guys from 'Muslim countries' )

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1402 on: May 16, 2018, 07:35:41 AM »
Trench's "I would think" are normally a warning sign that proves he doesn't....THINK..

There was a time when the USA was THE desired place to look for a guy.

Especially in Russia, there's been a concerted campaign on Kremlin controlled media to portray life in America as much harder than the 'dream'. 

The crash of 2007 and it's economic fallout 'suggested' that the dream was over.  The Kremlin has succeeded in restoring pride in being Russian

For sure, Europe is closer - but the ladies I know were looking a the guy - not so such his country ..(though normally excl. guys from 'Muslim countries' )

I of course defer to your 'greatness' in this matter ::)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #1403 on: May 16, 2018, 12:41:30 PM »
If only that were true...

We were in Larnaca, ( Cyprus) today .... Svetlana complained that apart from the presence of sand not stones - given the number of RU speakers - she might as well have been in Sochi, Russia

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1404 on: May 16, 2018, 01:10:24 PM »
If only that were true...

We were in Larnaca, ( Cyprus) today .... Svetlana complained that apart from the presence of sand not stones - given the number of RU speakers - she might as well have been in Sochi, Russia

I remember Larnaca beach from last year :) It was on our last day as it was near the airport. We stayed at the Flamingo Hotel opposite the beach. The hotel was decent enough though not as nice as the hotel we stayed in Limassol. The balconies over looking the beach as the planes flew past particularly at sunset made for a nice photo opportunity. Not many airport hotels do you find overlooking a nice sandy beach, lol.

She got talking briefly to some Russian speaking women in the hotel lift so yeah an interesting mix of English, Russians & Greeks there.

Anyway, we went on the beach for most of the day; me taking as much shelter as I could under the parasol from the scorching sun. Her skin was more atune to taking such rays, my more sensitive skin less so. In fact despite hiding in the shade as best I could with sun cream & partially covered I still got a bit burnt. Glad I didn't expose myself to the full force of the 40 degrees or so sun.

We got some food in the grill place near the hotel which was ok but took ages. Later in the late afternoon/evening we dined at one of the Greek restaurants along the road overlooking the beach, quite nice food there, white table cloths, blue canopy I think it was, quite smart looking. So a nice romantic setting for the end of the holiday.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1405 on: May 16, 2018, 08:36:32 PM »
I would not think that, many stats give Europe as the preferred destination for FSW, even the UK.

What stats are you looking at dude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_diaspora

There's 3 million + Russians in the USA, 1/2 million in Canada and less than 35k in the UK. 

Other than FSU countries North America by far has more Russian immigrants than anywhere else.

Trench bought your plane ticket yet? haha

Offline JayH

« Reply #1406 on: May 16, 2018, 09:25:47 PM »
I remember Larnaca beach from last year :) It was on our last day as it was near the airport. We stayed at the Flamingo Hotel opposite the beach. The hotel was decent enough though not as nice as the hotel we stayed in Limassol. The balconies over looking the beach as the planes flew past particularly at sunset made for a nice photo opportunity. Not many airport hotels do you find overlooking a nice sandy beach, lol.

She got talking briefly to some Russian speaking women in the hotel lift so yeah an interesting mix of English, Russians & Greeks there.

Anyway, we went on the beach for most of the day; me taking as much shelter as I could under the parasol from the scorching sun. Her skin was more atune to taking such rays, my more sensitive skin less so. In fact despite hiding in the shade as best I could with sun cream & partially covered I still got a bit burnt. Glad I didn't expose myself to the full force of the 40 degrees or so sun.

We got some food in the grill place near the hotel which was ok but took ages. Later in the late afternoon/evening we dined at one of the Greek restaurants along the road overlooking the beach, quite nice food there, white table cloths, blue canopy I think it was, quite smart looking. So a nice romantic setting for the end of the holiday.

:tmi:  It reads like something TC has read and is using to convince us that it actually happened .

BTW TC --where is that list of exactly what was bought and at what price?
You have made endless nothing posts since the last request(  & hundreds since first requested)  & it is not that hard to give us some hard info on the "spending spree" @
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1407 on: May 16, 2018, 10:06:02 PM »
What stats are you looking at dude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_diaspora

There's 3 million + Russians in the USA, 1/2 million in Canada and less than 35k in the UK. 

Other than FSU countries North America by far has more Russian immigrants than anywhere else.

Trench bought your plane ticket yet? haha

The USA & Canada are much larger countries than the UK. Per square metre there is probably not much difference ;D

Yes I have bought my plane ticket, I travel to Ukraine again early next month so its all happening again now. Even if nothing comes of this trip I will look to try again regularly this year and keep at it.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1408 on: May 16, 2018, 10:08:28 PM »
:tmi:  It reads like something TC has read and is using to convince us that it actually happened .

You have made endless nothing posts since the last request(  & hundreds since first requested)  & it is not that hard to give us some hard info on the "spending spree" @

I'm getting around to it but busy organising this year's trip to Ukraine so that has had to come first. I will do though in due course.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1409 on: May 16, 2018, 10:23:11 PM »
Even if nothing comes of this trip I will look to try again regularly this year and keep at it.

An above average guy with an above average brain can be 100% successful in this endeavor. A guy who beats most of his competition can get a quality woman. For the guys out there who let bad agencies and women run over them or those who finds a good woman and can't keep her, you need to make changes or your mistakes will repeat.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1410 on: May 16, 2018, 11:24:26 PM »
An above average guy with an above average brain can be 100% successful in this endeavor. A guy who beats most of his competition can get a quality woman. For the guys out there who let bad agencies and women run over them or those who finds a good woman and can't keep her, you need to make changes or your mistakes will repeat.

I'm betting it'll be crash and burn as usual.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1411 on: May 16, 2018, 11:46:39 PM »
Cyprus is only around 1m population and there's more than 30K RU speakers in Limassol  It has RU lang Capital Radio - based in Limassol and most shops in Paphos, Limassol and Larnaca have RU speakers - CY has one of the highest percentage of RU speakers outside former CIS countries

'Greek' restaurants on seafronts tend to be - like most places - not very authentic ..far better to hire a car and eat in the mountains

More about Larnaca here: 

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=post;topic=22570.0;last_msg=482549
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:00:04 AM by msmob »

Offline Blighty

« Reply #1412 on: May 17, 2018, 08:46:17 AM »
You have made endless nothing posts since the last request(  & hundreds since first requested)  & it is not that hard to give us some hard info on the "spending spree"

He provided said information in post #117 on July 17, 2017 in this thread ...

"To be honest at a rough adding up I'm guessing the clothes came to around £400 (possibly more think some more costs appeared on my credit card since I added this up), cosmetics & sprays around £200 and her half of the food bill around £400. So around £1k all together, some may not see this as a lot but on top of flight costs, hotel cost (four star hotel) and hire car cost for the week and of course my own spending it all added up to rather a lot. "

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1413 on: May 17, 2018, 01:56:29 PM »

"To be honest at a rough adding up I'm guessing the clothes came to around £400 (possibly more think some more costs appeared on my credit card since I added this up), cosmetics & sprays around £200 and her half of the food bill around £400. So around £1k all together, some may not see this as a lot but on top of flight costs, hotel cost (four star hotel) and hire car cost for the week and of course my own spending it all added up to rather a lot. "

So, assuming there was another £200 for clothing, he spent all of £700 on clothing and cosmetics, and thinks this is a huge sum of money.  In some regions of Ukraine, it is, but in a sincere relationship, it is nothing.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1414 on: May 17, 2018, 02:07:55 PM »

So, assuming there was another £200 for clothing, he spent all of £700 on clothing and cosmetics, and thinks this is a huge sum of money.  In some regions of Ukraine, it is, but in a sincere relationship, it is nothing.

In a short space of time it is like a week. There was also the attitude that money flows like water, like Jorge asks Anfisa in 90 Fiance - 'where does it all end' - the answer to him is that 'it never ends'. So always another pair of shoes or a dress, etc, etc. It is continuous and ongoing. You get sucked into that and before too long I can well imagine an empty bank account and growing debt that soon becomes overwealming.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1415 on: May 17, 2018, 02:27:49 PM »
You are thinking like a Westerner. It was up to you to say no. She would have no idea if that’s a lot. When traveling with my children, they usually spent more than that on clothing each. I can easily spend more than your total on fall jackets for each of my children. I spent more than your total on my son’s grad suit.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:32:58 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1416 on: May 17, 2018, 02:58:08 PM »
You are thinking like a Westerner. It was up to you to say no. She would have no idea if that’s a lot. When traveling with my children, they usually spent more than that on clothing each. I can easily spend more than your total on fall jackets for each of my children. I spent more than your total on my son’s grad suit.

My concern is a roof over my head and money to buy food & pay the bills. Spending silly money regularly on clothes is not something I would want to do to put that at risk. So you spent over £700 on a grad suit or on jackets, etc the earth why??? I'm sure you can get a perfectly good suit or set of jackets cheaper without going all silly on it. If your a millionaire then no you may not care, if not then I think you are bring careless with money you might later find you need to depend upon.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1417 on: May 17, 2018, 03:34:35 PM »
Quality clothing that stands the test of time costs money.  Perhaps if you dressed better, you wouldn't have to count your pennies.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1418 on: May 17, 2018, 03:59:24 PM »
Quality clothing that stands the test of time costs money.  Perhaps if you dressed better, you wouldn't have to count your pennies.

I've bought clothing cheaply that stands the test of time. Some expensive clothing is not quality but just a load of profit lumped on top. Sometimes much cheaper clothing can be better quality and last better than more expensive clothes. Besides fashion changes so no real need for it to last real long anyway.

I don't see why you can't dress well without spending a lot of money.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1419 on: May 17, 2018, 04:06:47 PM »
I can always spot a cheap suit.  Similarly, I can always spot good quality clothing.  It's the fabric that makes the difference.  In the world I work in, a lot of men have their suits, and even their shirts, tailor made, and yes, one can notice the difference.  Women generally don't have their clothing, but again, one can tell whether or not their clothing is cheaply made.  Work clothing should always be the most expensive you can afford.  Daily clothing for running errands and such is a different matter.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1420 on: May 17, 2018, 04:36:00 PM »
I can always spot a cheap suit.  Similarly, I can always spot good quality clothing.  It's the fabric that makes the difference.  In the world I work in, a lot of men have their suits, and even their shirts, tailor made, and yes, one can notice the difference.  Women generally don't have their clothing, but again, one can tell whether or not their clothing is cheaply made.  Work clothing should always be the most expensive you can afford.  Daily clothing for running errands and such is a different matter.

The last place I would want to get expensive clothing for is work, especially if working for an employer. No reason why someone wearing a cheap suit can't be better at their work than someone who wears an expensive suit.

Offline JayH

« Reply #1421 on: May 17, 2018, 04:53:56 PM »

Thanks for that-- but--I am interested in exactly ( EXACTLY) what he bought & paid for it.

Of note in the previous post of his is the inclusion of her food cost!!
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1422 on: May 17, 2018, 05:29:31 PM »
we all know Trench is a cheapskate, literally every 2nd post of his is lamenting about how much money he spent. 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1423 on: May 17, 2018, 05:31:20 PM »
The last place I would want to get expensive clothing for is work, especially if working for an employer. No reason why someone wearing a cheap suit can't be better at their work than someone who wears an expensive suit.

You will never see successful professionals in cheap suits.

Offline jone

« Reply #1424 on: May 17, 2018, 05:35:55 PM »
Hey.  I've never spent over $400 for a suit in my life.  A truly successful individual drives a pickup truck.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1959
Total: 1968

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM