It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 90 day Fiance  (Read 52726 times)

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: 90 day Fiance
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 05:21:04 PM »
They certainly don't belong together.
 What do the
couple get out of the tv crew being there?
Money and fame? That would be my guess.....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 05:23:12 PM »
They get cash.  I think that is what drives the couples.

In the first couple of seasons, there were a number of religious men (mostly LDS) who were on the programme, I read, and they participated to show their religion is "normal" rather than for money.  But the show distorted their marriages, so the religious types don't participate anymore.

I don't think the producers foment discord, I think something that is a small issue in a relationship is blown out of proportion on television, and likely is misrepresented.

I could see, for example, that Anfisa loves Jorge.  She may love his money, too, but she wasn't faking her feelings.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 05:34:15 PM »
I could see, for example, that Anfisa loves Jorge.  She may love his money, too, but she wasn't faking her feelings.

How strong were her feelings for that $45,000 wedding dress and $150,000 5 carat diamond ring? If he didn't lead with his wallet when they met, I doubt she'd know him long enough to love him.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Larry1

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 07:18:22 PM »
BillyB asked if there were nude photos of Anfisa so I did a bit of looking. I didn't find any, but apparently Anfisa wants to be a bikini model or Playboy model.

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/09/18/90-day-fiances-anfisa-tells-beau-jorge-she-plans-to-pose-naked/

That article also reveals what prompted her to delete the contents of his phone and lock him out of his email account. He denied her a $10,000 bag she wanted. Jorge is the greedy man. :-)

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 08:13:56 PM »
Alla would get my attention. She reminds me of several UA girls I know from my period traveling there. I don't know what's wrong with her dude, but  she should be very concerned that he's 4x divorced.
That one from Moscow is a cold fish in every aspect from what I've seen of the show. I haven't seen the entire tale, just that somehow Jorge is living in some hotel yet drives an Audi R8 that closes in shy of 200k. I know it's LA  but come on you should put having a roof over your head above a car.
 The chubby chick with the Moroccan is a slow disaster in the making. It's a scenario that plays out too often.
 What night does it air,  we enjoy watching it, shows my lil Human Heater she could of done far worse!

Offline Larry1

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2016, 08:27:59 PM »
Alla would get my attention. She reminds me of several UA girls I know from my period traveling there. I don't know what's wrong with her dude, but  she should be very concerned that he's 4x divorced.
That one from Moscow is a cold fish in every aspect from what I've seen of the show. I haven't seen the entire tale, just that somehow Jorge is living in some hotel yet drives an Audi R8 that closes in shy of 200k. I know it's LA  but come on you should put having a roof over your head above a car.
 The chubby chick with the Moroccan is a slow disaster in the making. It's a scenario that plays out too often.
 What night does it air,  we enjoy watching it, shows my lil Human Heater she could of done far worse!

Hey Don. Good to see you posting.

I agree about Alla. She and her sister are slender and lovely. I think her new husband has been divorced three times. This was his fourth marriage.

"Chubby chick"? I think Nicole went beyond chubby 10,000 Big Macs ago. I agree their prospects don't look all that bright.

It airs here on the TLC network Sunday night. But the network shows past episodes all the time.  It must be a big ratings star for them.

Offline alex330

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 08:45:27 PM »
I haven't seen the entire tale, just that somehow Jorge is living in some hotel yet drives an Audi R8 that closes in shy of 200k. I know it's LA  but come on you should put having a roof over your head above a car.

He runs grow houses and is a convicted felon. So he risks being robbed and few will rent to him.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 09:13:42 PM »
I'm not watching the silly show, but I did click on the links to the photos you guys posted.  Personally, I think she is pretty cute in those photos...superb body, her face isn't the cutest I've seen, but still pretty in her own little way.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
What a horrible thing to say.  How do you know if he is top drawer?  All you see is what is portrayed and edited for ratings in a television programme.

He chose her, she is attractive to him.  What some sixty plus year old dedushka thinks of her looks (or some 40 something guy) is irrelevant to her.

Well horrible or not, he is no brad pitt.  And I bet she does care what everyone thinks of her looks.  She is vain, and for little reason in my book.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2016, 09:18:05 PM »
Every woman is vain in her own way.  Most men of your age would have that figured out.

He doesn't have to be Brad Pitt.  Most men aren't.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline alex330

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2016, 09:36:20 PM »
The Ukrainian mail order husband and his wife will be fine as well. Normal couple. Live 20 minutes from us.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2016, 09:59:56 PM »
BillyB asked if there were nude photos of Anfisa so I did a bit of looking.

Thanks Larry! Can I count on anybody else to find me some nude photos or is Larry the only nice guy here?

I just seen a few of the last episodes of season 4 on YouTube. Anfisa has no goals to advance her brain. She likes to run over her man and Jorge is the kind of guy that gets ran over often. She doesn't respect him and will leave for a man she can respect. I predict most of the relationships won't last after the show ends.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2016, 03:42:41 AM »
It airs here on the TLC network Sunday night.

The Tender Loving Care network?  :ROFL:

Someone get the restoratives!

I am so glad we don't get that sort of show here.  We only get lumbered with The Bachelor/ette, and Australians Married at First Sight.  :wallbash:  I'm SO glad that I don't have enough spare time to watch any of them.  :whew:

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2016, 05:14:43 AM »

The Learning Channel
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 08:12:07 AM »

Someone get the restoratives!

I am so glad we don't get that sort of show here.  We only get lumbered with The Bachelor/ette, and Australians Married at First Sight.  :wallbash:  I'm SO glad that I don't have enough spare time to watch any of them.  :whew:

Yet you find plenty of time to post meaningless "Look at me Mr. Superior in every way" tripe to anything American on an obscure forum?

:ROFL:

Maybe you'll find the time in your busy schedule to read my post

Offline Boethius

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 11:01:52 AM »
Just to add, The Learning Channel used to have programmes that actually were educational.  Some fascinating things.  They also had a lot of educational programming for children.  When they were sold, the children's programming moved to another cable channel of the corporate group and eventually, the channel started showing reality television.  It was better when the programming was educational.  Still, this show is interesting in a trainwreck sort of way.

The channel I most lament the loss of is Arts & Entertainment.  In the 1990's, it used to have show live opera, ballet, artsy movies, and original programming.  They once broadcast tapes of the Kirov Ballet, from the 1970's, performing original choreography, modern, often using American themes, such as cowboys, and not completely ballet.  I recognized most of it as pieces Baryshnikov had been lauded for in the 1980's, proof of his "genius" as a choreographer.  It was the only original choreography he'd ever produced, and of course, it wasn't his.  Now, Arts & Entertainment gives us such fine programming as Duck Dynasty, Married at First Sight, and Storage Wars.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2016, 02:22:41 PM »

Pretty much. Ugly woman, inside and out. Not to mention she is a liability in his line of business. He may wind up getting killed because of her stupid shit.

Wow, just watched some of the show and have to say I agree with you 100%. Jorge could do much better.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2016, 04:36:11 PM »
Yet you find plenty of time to post meaningless "Look at me Mr. Superior in every way" tripe to anything American on an obscure forum?

Maybe you'll find the time in your busy schedule to read my post

My "tripe" is no worse than some of the crap you come up with, so why don't you just go back to your bunker and await Armageddon?  If you even bothered to think about time differences, you would realise that the great majority of my posts are at lunchtime, when I have spare time to surf the internet.  The other time that I look at this forum (and that's maybe three or four times a week) is late at night, before I go to bed.  It's interesting to see that there are always US members posting at that time (e.g. 3 or 4 am) who obviously don't need sleep.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2016, 06:33:11 PM »
My "tripe" is no worse than some of the crap you come up with, so why don't you just go back to your bunker and await Armageddon?  If you even bothered to think about time differences, you would realise that the great majority of my posts are at lunchtime, when I have spare time to surf the internet.  The other time that I look at this forum (and that's maybe three or four times a week) is late at night, before I go to bed.  It's interesting to see that there are always US members posting at that time (e.g. 3 or 4 am) who obviously don't need sleep.

Yeah apparently that job at the drive thru consumes most of your day. My bad, do you want fries with that?

Offline alex330

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2016, 07:05:06 PM »
It's interesting to see that there are always US members posting at that time (e.g. 3 or 4 am) who obviously don't need sleep.

Guilty... I sleep 5 hours a day. Tech is in Romania and dev in Bangladesh. In the global economy you get very little sleep and work strange hours. Just the way it is these days.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »
Boethius,

I have to agree with your assessment of Jorge & Anfisa. Both are young, immature, and focussing too much on the physical & monetary.....and not on whether their partner has (at this time) the qualities to be successful in a relationship. I don't have a lot of respect for people who threaten to annul the marriage....and send them back....if they don't......"toe the line". Even if there are a few good things about this couple.....I think ultimately.....they are doomed to failure. My parents have been married for over 65 years....Dad is 87......Mom is 85. Their take on marriage (in their time....early 1950's):

The good: People stayed together and worked things out.
The bad: People stayed together and did not work things out.

My Dad says that it is good that divorce does not carry the stigma....that it did in his time....but because of that....many do not try hard enough. Hopefully this couple will learn (after divorce)......the next time around.

Capt B

"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline fathertime

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2016, 06:12:19 AM »
Boethius,

I have to agree with your assessment of Jorge & Anfisa. Both are young, immature, and focussing too much on the physical & monetary.....and not on whether their partner has (at this time) the qualities to be successful in a relationship. I don't have a lot of respect for people who threaten to annul the marriage....and send them back....if they don't......"toe the line". Even if there are a few good things about this couple.....I think ultimately.....they are doomed to failure. My parents have been married for over 65 years....Dad is 87......Mom is 85. Their take on marriage (in their time....early 1950's):

The good: People stayed together and worked things out.
The bad: People stayed together and did not work things out.

My Dad says that it is good that divorce does not carry the stigma....that it did in his time....but because of that....many do not try hard enough. Hopefully this couple will learn (after divorce)......the next time around.

Capt B
I don't think there is much of any stigma to divorce nowadays.  I don't know if there really should be.  I think it would be awful to be stuck in a marriage because as a very young adult made a mistake in choosing who to marry, and he/she couldn't correct it as the circumstances changed.   In terms of the 1950's vs now...I think I'd choose 'now' in terms of choices/consequences. Although, I do think the pendulum has swung far enough. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2018, 10:04:03 PM »
She doesn't respect him and will leave for a man she can respect.

I haven't watched tv for 3 months and turned it on a few days ago and seen the update conclusion to the Anfisa and Jorge saga.

Anfisa and Jorge had many short term breakups but she finally leaves him because she doesn't respect him. Jorge's sister tears into her accusing her of opening her legs for money at a restaurant and Jorge stays silent. She breaks up with him because he didn't stand up for her. Jorge begged her to come back and so she met him to hear what he has to say. Jorge basically he loves her and many other things but he didn't apologize for not sticking up for her. She figures if he doesn't "get it" he'll never get it so she ends it. Without respect, there can be no love.

Anfisa's faults were talked a lot already but if a guy is her husband, he still needs to protect his wife, even from criticism from his family members. After all, he lives with his wife everyday, not his mother, sister, father etc...

Jorge is a nice guy but very weak. He is not Alpha among his family or Anfisa. He hid critical information from Anfisa before bringing her to America. He has a criminal record for selling marijuana and his current business is selling marijuana legally. He makes good money at it but money alone isn't going to keep a woman to stay married to the guy forever.

Offline alex330

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2018, 10:14:52 PM »
There is a lot more after that Billy. She winds up stripping and I think prostitution.

Offline Davo2

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2018, 11:07:41 PM »
Apart from her obvious assets, does anyone else find her unattractive?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1911
Total: 1922

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM