It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

Should already married men be allowed to post in areas predominated by newbies and other unmarried men?

we don't want to hear it.
1 (2.9%)
a married man's experience will not affect what I would do in similar situation.
0 (0%)
clue bats are harmful to fragile egos.
2 (5.7%)
I want to make my own mistakes
0 (0%)
doesn't matter, I will do what I want to do anyway
6 (17.1%)
yes, their opinions are somewhat helpful
26 (74.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: May 07, 2006, 05:58:16 AM

Author Topic: Poll for the unmarried men  (Read 30192 times)

Offline Momus

Re: Poll for the unmarried men
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2006, 12:16:56 PM »
In case y'all want an opinion from one of the newbies...

1. If someone can't survive some tough love from the old married bastards here, he's probably too sensitive to go looking in the FSU for a wife. So some white-haired old fart with a pretty blonde wife half his age thinks you're a fool...so what? Find out why, apply the information, and then move on. There are probably lots of people who think he's a fool, too, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know anything useful.

2. At the end of the day, we're probably all fools when it comes to women. Just don't make it worse than it has to be. There's no reason one fool can't learn from an older and/or more experienced fool.

3. If a guy who admittedly has little or no experience with romantic relationships comes on here and says, "Hey, she wouldn't kiss me...do you think it's still okay that I proposed to her?" he's probably got it coming. If you care at all, you've got to do something to get his attention. Since you can't bitch slap him over the Internet, you have to hope that the pleas, insults, scorn, and contempt will somehow penetrate and work their magic.

4. It's the Internet. If you want someone to be nice to you, go to church. If you want someone who looks like Richard Dreyfus auditioning for The Santa Clause 2 to explain why you're an idiot, come to RWD. (Personally, I think you should go for more of the "Stakeout" look, but I'm not your wife.)

5. I'll be taking my first trip this fall and I hope the old married bastards are in the on-deck circle taking some practice swings with the clue bat. I've done a lot of reading and hopefully I've benefited from the at-bats that other newbies have suffered, but each situation is unique and I'll still value the feedback.

Of course, then I'll probably still book a hotel, pay for the VIP pickup, get pissed when she won't sleep with me the first day, get pissed when she will sleep with me the first day, stay out all night gambling and show up late for our breakfast date, make a pass at our interpreter, wear sneakers and my favorite 80s-era T-shirt, get drunk and tell her I love her on the second date, propose at the end of the week, and then change my mind when I meet a stewardess on the flight home that I like better.

I'm kidding! There's no way I'd book a hotel, the apartment just makes too much sense.

Oh. If, uh, any of the wonderful ladies I'm corresponding with happens to read the above, it's all humor. Tongue-in-cheek. I'm not like that at all. Really.

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2006, 12:31:06 PM »
Momus,
Hell of a post, hell of a post.  You ain't no newbie for sure.  There may be somethings you don't know yet, but to classify you as a newbie is way wrong.  If this O.M.B. (old married bastard) can help you in any way, give me a hollar.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2006, 03:24:26 PM »
heck I was going to vote for the old married men's input but I see the poll is already closed!!

I think we can learn a thing or two from these guys.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM