It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Are age trends shifting?  (Read 15993 times)

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Are age trends shifting?
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2007, 08:29:20 AM »
IIRC, many have mentioned that only a very small percentage of women would actually meet a WM and even smaller amount marry one.

The same women that were interested in this venture 10 years ago have aged 10 years.  I have also noted that the prospective WM seeking RW nowdays seems to be a bit younger than a few years ago..

Those 'hottie' 20's are now in their 30's.
BC,
Um, that point was made up thread!  The one lady that I met in '98 was 34 years old was still listed up until just a few years ago.  So she would have slipped into the 40 year old category.

But you do bring up a good point that the men have gotten younger in this process too.  I think that over the years, the "secrete" of how hot RW are has been fairly well exposed to the world.  All I can say is that I was in shock by the beautiful RW some 9 years ago.  I was just very ignorant of Russia and the Russian culture (even being Russian).  Seriously, I was shocked.  I remember taking some copies of profiles and showing my golf buddies in the summer of '98.  We all sat around and were amazed by the beautiful young women with high education and age requirements that included us.  Not many knew about it back then, but it is more common knowledge now.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 09:51:40 AM »
Those 'hottie' 20's are now in their 30's.

Good, now these women are even better!!!  In fact, the situation is far better now than six years ago.

Some of you are trying to make points yet have been out of the market for some time.  Some of you are making points without looking at the data.  And those of you in the market may be missing out on prime quality.

I pursued older women (40-47) in my last go around, plus a few in their 30s who wrote me.  My conclusions based on actual experience of talking with 20-25 such women are as follows (do not forget that I have been involved with RW for almost 6 years):

-  The women listed for multiple years are not leftovers.  The ones I met are intelligent, well educated, self-independent, and very particular about the man who will be their next husband.  They do not have much good to say about the average western men who write them. 

-  Those in their 30s still have children at home and have trouble finding a RM interested in being a father.

-  Those in their 40s have adult children (RW have children earlier than AW), and are looking for a brand new life and are not finding it in the FSU.

Five years ago I dated a few RW in their late 20s and early 30s.  There is a world of difference between them and those aged 38-47.  The latter group on average is superior in every way. 

-  They still look fabulous (a really beautiful woman is beautiful forever),

-  they stay physically fit and are fighting the progress of time naturally rather than with surgery,

-  they are more interesting to talk with,

-  they know what they want (meaning they will not change as much as a younger woman),

-  they make good partners for life's duties and decisions,

-  and, their libido is exploding (in part because they know much more about sex).

For men not looking to have more children, I highly recommend this group.  And there are many, many women as shown by the subject of this topic.  Most important, a few may think you are wonderful.

The data.  Based on my quantitative analysis of over 18,000 FSU women listed with Angelica, the women who have been listed for five or more years (whether by their choice or the indifferent practices of Angelica) add less than one year to the composite listed age.  At first I too thought the effect was significant, but the evidence of real data says "no." 

The older women are new to the game and they want a real man to love.  Most are not desperate as they have managed to raise children in difficult times.  So if they decide on you it is more for love than your passport.

Offline 55North

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007, 11:27:11 AM »
Five years ago I dated a few RW in their late 20s and early 30s.  There is a world of difference between them and those aged 38-47.  The latter group on average is superior in every way. 

-  they stay physically fit and are fighting the progress of time naturally rather than with surgery,

-  they know what they want (meaning they will not change as much as a younger woman),

-  and, their libido is exploding (in part because they know much more about sex).

For men not looking to have more children, I highly recommend this group.  And there are many, many women as shown by the subject of this topic.  Most important, a few may think you are wonderful.

I couldn't agree with you more!  :couple:

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 12:27:01 PM »
I'm sorry to be so jaded..about the RW websites-

but i feel this is,and  by large margin, the #1 reason..
the odds that the large sites simply leave a TON of profiles up. regardless if the RW has already married locally or no longer in the process for whatever reason.

some of them have data bases with 40,000 profiles since mid 90's , that automatically age,
if not removed.
and it is NOT in thier best interest to remove them !
with the vast majority of address buyers and email correspondents never getting on a plane.
?

AJ, I agree that many agencies use old profiles and that would contribute to them having older ladies who may already be married.
I know that Elena's models automatically bumps a woman off their site if they don't write or respond to letters after a few months.
So it is unlikely that they have any ghosts there.

I think the trend has shifted and many more ladies in their thirties (and older) are available and looking for a foriegn man than have been available
in the past.

Just my two kopecks,

Bill

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 01:40:22 PM »
bill and gator-

my personal experience has jaded my perception..

and Gator-
 glad you crunched the actual numbers ,to show that's not the large contributer..to the RW age

its good to see someone take the time,
and its good to see the agencies are trying to be more accurate in thier listings....

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:45:02 PM by AJ »

Offline Gator

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 04:23:41 PM »
AJ,

I share your suspicions with other agencies. 

Two years ago I searched at AFA and encountered two tall beauties who I had spent time with in 2002 and who I knew were off the market about a year later (one married a RM).

I looked today and could not find them, and then noticed that AFA had eliminated from their search pool all women with IDs before 50000.   So AFA has eliminated women who have "incubated" for more than 4 years. 

Interesting, I then keyed their IDs from 2002 and there they were, ID 40304 and 40576. 

http://www.loveme.com/women/idsearch.shtml

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 04:27:21 PM »
However, from time to time, AFA will "recycle" old girls and give them new numbers. This will probably be the only time that the agency actually contacts their female members other than for dates- to see if they can be recycled.

Offline goforit

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 10:54:24 PM »
Go, I can't find much to disagree with but I am not so sure about the above.   I find two things in America.   The woman has not taken good care of herself and will go after any man she can get but usually is in a normal age range.   OR   The woman has taken great care of herself and looks quite attractive.   Her first divorce has often left her fairly well off financially so she can go after any type guy she wants and will often look for a guy 20 years younger or so.

Turbo, I can't say I disagree. I think what you describe is true for a subset of women. But there also seems to be a large group of women who are okay but made the mistake of marrying men who just were not up to the responsibilities of marriage, especially the "bad boys," and then are left high and dry. Then they expect a good man, whom they previously ignored, to pick them and their children up for the marriage ride. In the US anyway, it seems to be a tough sell. So they have to expand their age gap in order to find a suitable man the second time around.

Offline goforit

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 11:01:13 PM »
Goforit - great post.  I would add that because of their "reputations" marriage agencies looking to match FSU women with Westerners are having a much harder time recruiting the type of girls we prefer.   Women they have rejected outright in the past they now are putting on their books.  The marriage agencies are struggling to stay afloat.  The internet, widespread personal computers, faster internet connections are all contributing to girls looking on their own.  I suspect the trend will continue and probably only the best or the most corrupt or perhaps a combination of both of the marriage agencies will end up surviving.

Thanks Bruce.

I quite agree with you that the market is maturing. Men and women on both sides are  becoming more saavy and as a result a lot of fluff will be blown out of this industry.

Offline goforit

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 11:11:14 PM »
Goforit,
Very impressive second post.  Sure wish you would start an introduction thread so we could get to know you better.  RWD needs all the deep thinkers we can get.  Welcome BTW.

I also agree with your take on second marriages in the US being larger age gaps than the first.  I was one year older than my first wife,  Upon divorcing, I dated women 10 to 15  years younger.  She on the other hand dated men close to her age in the beginning and then 10 to 15 years older eventually.

There used to be a saying that a 40 y.o. woman had a better chance to be killed by a terrorist than to get married.  Unfortunately, the odds have gotten better to be killed by terrorists, but the marriage potential has not improved at all for women that age.  Unless the woman is exceptional (that is younger looking than her age), a single 40 y.o. woman will have to look to men in their 50's or 60's for companionship.  And I say "companionship" because marriage is highly unlikely.
KenC

Thanks for the compliments and the welcome Ken. Like my quest for a Russian woman I quite discovered this site by accident. Give me a few days and I will start an introduction thread.

You are right, however good a companion they might make, it is tough sledding for a 40+ woman to find a marriage partner.

Offline goforit

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 11:23:21 PM »
I pursued older women (40-47) in my last go around, plus a few in their 30s who wrote me.  My conclusions based on actual experience of talking with 20-25 such women are as follows (do not forget that I have been involved with RW for almost 6 years):

-  The women listed for multiple years are not leftovers.  The ones I met are intelligent, well educated, self-independent, and very particular about the man who will be their next husband.  They do not have much good to say about the average western men who write them. 

-  Those in their 30s still have children at home and have trouble finding a RM interested in being a father.

-  Those in their 40s have adult children (RW have children earlier than AW), and are looking for a brand new life and are not finding it in the FSU.

I must admit, when I was in my twenties, I used to date older American women precisely for many of the reasons you described above. But unfortunately I am looking to have children, so that removes the 36+ crowd.

There are two Russian women I know here in the US, both who would make excellent wives. One is 40 with two children and a mom she is supporting and is quite attractive. The other is 49 and a widow and we are pretty good friends. There is romance and chemistry with both of them, but the children thing keeps getting in the way.

Offline Gator

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 06:57:01 AM »
Unless the woman is exceptional (that is younger looking than her age), a single 40 y.o. woman will have to look to men in their 50's or 60's for companionship.  And I say "companionship" because marriage is highly unlikely

Posts such as these may give the impression that quality RW in their 40s are rare.  Not true.  If you study the profiles of larger listing agencies (EM, Angelica, Bridesru, etc.), you will discover great numbers of them. 

While 40s women no longer have gravity defying breasts, they run circles around the 20-somethings in every other regard.  And while some are increasing their BMI to avoid postmenopausal osteoporosis :D  some have gloriously captivating bodies.  For example, here is one UW who struts her stuff (nice woman too and the photo relatively recent).  It is up to you to discover if the women photographed fully clothed are the same (clue: some are).   :P

http://www.cindyagency.com/album.php?id=3129&go=go

A man, however, must have much more than a passport to woo them because these women know what they want and they expect to get it. 

Offline KenC

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 07:44:08 AM »
Gator,
Though it probably isn't clear, I was speaking of American women in that quote, not RW.  Although a lot of what you said in your post does also apply to AW, the facts remain that most do not remarry.  In the group that my ex and I used to run in, the guys all seem to be bale to move on and into another marriage, but the women did not.

I never had a problem dating women close to my age and I think women are beautiful in their 40's.  There is a certain balance of beauty and confidence in women in that age group.  They are mature enough to know what they want in some areas.  I will say though, there is a lot more women in thee 40's with psychological baggage and one has to be careful about an occasional boiling bunny on the stove. :hairraising:
KenC

Offline Gator

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2007, 08:15:20 AM »
Ah, AW!!  That's different.

the facts remain that most do not remarry

My impression from dating a few of them is that they did not want to marry unless they were going crazy with kids at home.   I did have one who I guess wanted me to adopt her - I say "guess" because her attitude about marriage ceratinly differed from mine. 

there is a lot more women in thee 40's with psychological baggage

Self-independent hard asses with a chip on their shoulder.  However, they say even worse about us, and justifiably so in some cases. 
RW have been through worse and come out with a healthier outlook - another line item in that long list of why RW are wonderful.

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2007, 08:38:47 AM »
gator-
you give a good example of why i was so jaded in my outlook ..lol

my wifes next door neighbor had a small independent agency,,
she had listed a profile at.
it was not an anastasia ,GL,AFA affiliate in anyway.
so it was a bit of surprise when her profile ended up on them, and she had no idea it was listed on them! but would not have minded of course..
other than it was  after we were married.
kind of amusing..
and it stayed long after we had notified them,and made quite a few calls.
I really din't care about it,and wasnt surprised that it took a few years toget pulled.
but it's why i have the *caveat emptor* attitude when it comes to guys buying addresses and thinking they are truly *valid*

while it may have just been a fluke , i took it more as a standard MO in the
dating website industry, both with local U.S. sites, and even more so in the international ones..

your numbers show it isnt a huge part of the overall equation though.,.
which is good.

Offline KenC

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2007, 08:40:24 AM »
(This is a little off topic, please forgive me Bill)
Gator,
I dated a lot of AW during my bachelorhood.  Most only lasted a few weeks or a month and then I moved on.  But I did have a few relationships that lasted longer.  In every case it was as though once we passed the threshold of 6 months, the real woman showed herself.  It was as though they could maintain the required image (that they thought would hook me) for a while, but 6 months was the breaking point.  :hairraising: My point is that this doesn't say too much for the guys spending a few weeks and even the 90 day K-1 time now does it?  They are still "shooting in the dark" IMO.  It takes time for all the warts to show.
KenC

Offline mspanky

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2007, 09:33:21 AM »
 Studies have shown a majority of AW who have divorced are not anxious to get married again,while a majority of divorced AM do.

This is very interesting . As I start hearing about women sex tourist to places like the Caribbean,Spain,Greece etc, I wonder why the women would crave sex more than a relationship. It seems the sex tourism has been going on since the 70's. It seems divorced AW want to avoid marriage but crave sex with young men. I wonder why Scientist are not studying that phenomenon. For yeas you hear women want relationships,looks,age and physical are not as important  to a women and will not have casual sex with strange men as they aren't built that way.

Have Scientist totally missed the boat and rigged the studies to show what they want the outcome to be? I think women are much more complicated than we thought. Perhaps more like men .

Offline Gator

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2007, 10:36:15 AM »
mspanky
I think women are much more complicated than we thought. Perhaps more like men .

What happened to your mind today?  Women are 10x more complicated than men, and just when you think you understand them, they change.

I know that you know that.  Your "Perhaps more like men" comment refers to their lusting for sex.  Yep, knew one such woman.  She would not even cuddle afterwards.  Sex without cuddling - got to be a man. 

Write down and remember these two fundamental rules about women:

1.  All women are aliens.
2.  There are no exceptions.

I have made light of your serious comment, so forgive me please.  Actually, your information is very interesting and seems accurate to me.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 10:37:48 AM by Gator »

Offline mspanky

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2007, 11:21:05 AM »
 Gator,

It seems when women have the financial abilities, their wants are not that different from men. I wonder if scientific studies have not manipulated studies to get the  outcomes  they seek. It's a great way o manipulate the sexes into believing their roles and trying to fit into the mold they are "supposed" to fit into.

So men are told they seek physical looks and are visual as primary  to finding a mate even though we all know men who don't or guys who have really bad taste. But we're told that's how men are but there are so many exceptions.

The we're told women just want love with a good man. Women repeat that to men because it sounds good and Science says that's their nature. But as you've stressed women are more complicated than that. We can see what they say they want it rarely what they end up with. A good man who treats them with love and respect can be left for the "bad boy' who gets their blood boiling. The divorced woman who wanted no sex from her husband who she had a relationship with, may freely give it away on vacation to the first guy who floats her boat.

Scientist are really way off when it comes to figuring out the sexes and men have eaten what they say up because we really want to believe this.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2007, 11:49:20 AM »
Following Gator's inspiration, I ran my own little analysis on this week's 170 new profiles at Army of Brides:

35-39 y.o. =  13   (7,6%)
40-45 y.o. =  16   (9,4%)
46-49 y.o. =   9   (5,3%)
50+ y.o.    =   5   (3%)

Total 35 y.o.+ = 43 (25%)

A decidedly higher percentage than it used to be just a few years ago :o.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2007, 02:52:52 PM »
Although not the best site out there, if one goes to Craiglists and looks at the number of women in their late 30's to say about their late 40's, it appears most of these women are looking for a younger guy. I call it the Demi Moore syndrome. Seems they want the same thing as the guys, a younger partner. And it also appears they are getting some heavy response. Perhaps some of the younger men do not want to put up with the BS the younger girls dish out and can appreciate a good looking, sexy, older woman who knows what she wants and they do not need to haggle over it. No more 3 dates before the first kiss, wining and dining to get to first base. Much less home plate.
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline mspanky

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2007, 03:00:11 PM »

I don't know if young guys have to deal with 3 dates before the first kiss. I know a young guy who says the problem with women in their early 20's these days is they are too easy to get into bed. He's now looking for a really good girl who is the 3 date before a first kiss sort, but can't seem to find her.

I believe men and woman have the same wants. A good partner who is their best friend,good provider for many women or at least a man with a lot of potential. Lots of younger men are looking for a woman who has her head together and can be of financial help if need be . Both are in search of sexually attractive and appealing partners. Men just have much more choice to be picky as there are many more women with good looks competing for the Alpha-male.

Offline KenC

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2007, 03:02:54 PM »
Although not the best site out there, if one goes to Craiglists and looks at the number of women in their late 30's to say about their late 40's, it appears most of these women are looking for a younger guy. I call it the Demi Moore syndrome. Seems they want the same thing as the guys, a younger partner. And it also appears they are getting some heavy response. Perhaps some of the younger men do not want to put up with the BS the younger girls dish out and can appreciate a good looking, sexy, older woman who knows what she wants and they do not need to haggle over it. No more 3 dates before the first kiss, wining and dining to get to first base. Much less home plate.
Viking,
Sorry, but I am not buying it.  If the woman looked like Demi Moore, I would agree, but there are very few out there that do.  What you suggest is only available to the very beautiful or the very rich.  Now if you talking strictly getting a young buck to hump them only, it might be doable but only if the woman is decent looking.

I think a lot of American divorcees have visions of reliving their youth in a much sluttier way.  Only problem with that is that the youth is gone, never to be had again.
KenC

Offline KenC

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 03:11:51 PM »

I don't know if young guys have to deal with 3 dates before the first kiss. I know a young guy who says the problem with women in their early 20's these days is they are too easy to get into bed. He's now looking for a really good girl who is the 3 date before a first kiss sort, but can't seem to find her.

I believe men and woman have the same wants. A good partner who is their best friend,good provider for many women or at least a man with a lot of potential. Lots of younger men are looking for a woman who has her head together and can be of financial help if need be . Both are in search of sexually attractive and appealing partners. Men just have much more choice to be picky as there are many more women with good looks competing for the Alpha-male.
mspanky,
Good point about the younger crowd.  I have a 28 year old son and I don't seem to recall too many "hold outs" on his dance card.  :toocool:

In my single days, as a 42 year old, there certainly didn't seem to be many "hold outs" either.  I have to say that it was rather refreshing knowing that the women were as driven to have sex as I was.  Of course there are always exceptions.  I dated one woman in her 40's and she announced on our first date that there would be no sex until the third date.  I laughed and asked her why she thought I even wanted sex with her?  She was baffled by my answer and had no response.  She never considered that a man might not want sex with her.  Just FYI, I did date her 2 more times and never had sex with her just to prove the point. :cheesygrin:
KenC

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »
Ken

All I can say is dial in CL for NY and check for yourself. As to what they look like, can't answer. Most don't post pics. Wonder why. ;D
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1887
Total: 1898

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM