It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Are age trends shifting?  (Read 16113 times)

Offline goforit

Re: Are age trends shifting?
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2007, 06:32:09 PM »
In my opinion, the typical 40+ single American woman (some divorced, some not) is a sad and tragic story. I can't recall how many times I have talked to a good looking, intelligent, articulate 40+ AW and heard her say how she always had planned on finding a good husband and having children but time just got away. What??? How does two decades of time just slip away??? Especially when you appear to have a lot to offer?

These women, in my opinion, are victims of and in the grip of a very bad idea. They bought the feminist lie that biology doesn't matter. So they delayed marriage and children to pursue careers, screwed their brains out along the way (yes, unless you look like Mr. Hyde, AW are pretty easy to get into bed with), and then woke up one morning wondering why no man wanted them.

To top all of this many of these women carry "the chip," something which has consciously and unconsciously driven many American and western men to seek brides from anywhere but the west. When people ask me where is a good place to find a foreign bride my usual reply is "just about anyplace where English is not the primary language."

You see biology doesn't care about science and ideology. Once your fertile years are gone, they are gone, and no amount of science can bring them back. Life is cyclical, and a man and woman's cycle are different, which leads us back to why the age gap thing is never really going to go away. One of the great tragedies of modern feminism is that it has led two generation of women to believe that the genders are the same, and they most emphatically are not.

These days there is a huge backlash going on in the US towards modern feminism and all one has to do is stroll through any magazine counter or bookstore to see it on full display.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:59:19 PM by goforit »

Offline DKMM

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2007, 01:13:29 AM »
Been there done that, I dated a woman 10 years older than me when I was 26.  She was great, completely psycho but better body than most 19 year olds and a very giving fun girl.  I guess that was the closest I became to a boy toy (she would dote on me such as taking me to Vail) and the only relationship I've been in that was not for the hopes of something more permenant in the future (what can I say, I was in law school).

The only girl that didn't let me kiss her by the 2nd date is the one I'm engaged to :P

Offline AnastassiaAsh

• Commercial Member
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2007, 06:59:09 PM »

I do very well but my fiance dated several Russian men who earn several million $'s a year. 

:o   :o   :o  Do you make 'just' a million?  ;)

Offline docetae

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2007, 02:38:17 PM »
:o   :o   :o  Do you make 'just' a million?  ;)

and like my girlfriend told me... they are people who earn money and people who have millions...

About age, my girlfriend is 5 months older than me (both 34). she is everything I can dream,  and I can just say you loose opportunities by searching by age... she is graduated in art and logistic, ex model, and the more important, she is the greatest and closest person I have met since years... Should I have missed her because she is older by a few months ? I would have been crazy to do so...

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes Oscar Wilde

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2007, 04:03:36 PM »
Ken

All I can say is dial in CL for NY and check for yourself. As to what they look like, can't answer. Most don't post pics. Wonder why. ;D
Viking,
Asking and getting are two different things now, aren't they?  We all can dream. :ROFL:
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Simoni

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2007, 05:17:32 PM »
I still get an email every couple of weeks to my personal email account (not the one I used to use for FSU women).  It's from an American dating service.   It shows my "matches."   Today, an email came in.  Making sure Marina was not looking, I decided to do some "research" for this topic and thread.

I clicked on the pretty faces that were my "matches."  Then looked at the age range these American girls would accept.

Out of the 12 matches, most listed men up to 15 years older as acceptable.

Here is a typical example of one girl who says up to 13 years older is ok.

http://www.matchdoctor.com/profile_FindTrueLove.html

Age matters to some girls, it does not to others.  It's really an individual thing.

** Disclaimer:   I have tried to remove my name with no success.  Marina has sharp knives and she says I am "busy" as she waves them at me!

Offline ares

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2007, 08:21:09 PM »
As I'm new to all this I haven't an opinion but I guess the best path is to ask the dating agencies themselves.
They should have more accurate information as it's their bread & butter.
According to my way of thinking the best rule is to stick to your age group.
I think older women are more attractive as it's the attitude that counts more than the physical appearance.
Cheers, George

Offline I/O

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2007, 04:22:40 AM »
As I'm new to all this I haven't an opinion but I guess the best path is to ask the dating agencies themselves.Cheers, George

So long as you can get the truth our ot them. Most will tell you what they think you wnat to hear in order to get your business.

I/O

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2007, 09:02:24 PM »
I am pretty sure Richard at Tver Angels would shoot straight.

I checked a couple of other sites and have seen ladies in their thirties dominate the most popular list.
It makes sense since they are still very very attractive and have lived enough to know a thing or two about
life etc.

I will send Richard a PM

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline mspanky

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2007, 10:09:37 AM »
Viking,
Asking and getting are two different things now, aren't they?  We all can dream. :ROFL:
KenC

KEn,

They are getting them. It's a big trend right now and the women are called Cougars. I am seeing this trend myself. In fact, there is a restaurant near my house which is very upper class. The women hanging out there are older attractive divorcee's or some even married. They are there for the young stuff and the young stuff are finding out where to get a sugar mamma.

Apparently, the women are also finding Greece,Italy are great places where much younger very good looking men can be lured by older American women.

I was talking to a 36 year old recently divorced women a couple of weeks ago. She's stunning as she used to model and is about to be the ex of a pro sports player. She told me the problem with dating is the 22 year old guys are the ones who are hitting on her and the ones she dates because that's her choices. But they're clingy and they are more jealous than older guys. Guys her age are mostly married. She likes guys in their 40's but is finding too many who are out of shape as well as the 50 year olds. I guess she's extra picky because her ex was 6'4" tall 220lbs of pure muscle. Plus he was 5 years younger than her too.

Even Eva Longoria is married to a younger guy and the guy is the one making 9 mil a year. Hugh Jackman's wife is about 10 years older and unattractive,but he's the one bringing in the big cash. Noah Wyle from ER same thing,older gal. Patrick Dempsey from Gray's anatomy had married a woman 25+ years older his first marriage. It's getting to be a trend here now.

I think it's safe to say both men and women are more visually sexually attracted to younger people. Especially as we get older. But for a relationship, most women will be more practical and understand sex is not all there is. Forego the "sexy" guy fantasy in her head for real life average looking guy. Men can't do that.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 10:22:37 AM by mspanky »

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2007, 11:07:24 AM »
I got Bill's PM to jump in & comment...but I really don't know what to say.
I can only say that it is not any one factor, but many combined.
On our site, I do not change or allow to be changed the age range in which a lady is looking. What is there is exactly what she has listed. Some may go a couple of years either way depending on many other factors.
The largest group on our site is 30-44 not by a lot but by a couple of pages. I find this group & especially if they have children more open to a change. They are more seriously looking for the real thing. Most are well educated & are employed & are divorced or widowed & some have never married. It is a very diverse group.
To try & pigeon hole a cause & effect is a hard thing to do as there are many, too many to deal with. All the things listed above have there own cause & effect & are probably on a different scale of importance to each individual. But in the end all pointing to the same conlusion.
Times are a changin'!
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Eduard

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Here's my $0.02
I'm not familiar any more with what's going on with the age thing on "Russian bride" agency sites since I haven't looked at those for a while. But I definitely see an interesting trend on local Russian dating sites where I do my searches.
1. younger girls 18 to 22 generally are very focused on their studies. most are in college and dreaming about a wonderful career after graduation. Many will respond to my American client's "hello, would you like to get to know each other?" if he is younger (under 30) and cute, but it seems like they are more interested in chatting and not developing any kind of a long term relationship, particularly with a foreigner. They are adventurous though and many are open to travel to a nice warm country like Egypt or Turkey to meet and have a good time (providing it's an all paid trip by a man). Obviously there are exceptions to any rule.

2. girls who are 24-28 is my favorite age group in terms of potential wife material.
By the time they are 24-25 y.o. they usually are out of school and have been working for a couple of years. They also had their heart broken by a young Russian guy...the poor thing fell in love with him, but it was impossible for him to resist the temptation of hooking up with some other beautiful young girls since there are so many of them all over the place...beautiful, single and looking. So these girls, providing they are family oriented start craving to have a family of their own. To have a faithful man in their lives who they can have children with. majority of these girls will set their age parameters of the potential mate at 27 to 35
They don't want someone younger than 27 since they believe that men are just not ready for anything serious until then. Majority will accept a guy who is up to 10 years older, but there are quite a few that would be OK with a 15 year difference.
As I mentioned before, there are exceptions and if you look a little longer you will find a few girls that will be OK with a 20 year difference in age if a guy is good looking and knows how to talk to a cute, young Russian girl.
My wife is actually 20 years younger than me 8)

3. This next group 30 to 37 does not follow the same trend. These women seem to be very much like American women! I've seen many ads where if a woman is 35 y.o. and good looking she sets her age parameters for a possible mate at 33 to  38...sounds familiar?
And if a woman is very beautiful and doesn't have kids, she really had learned her "market value" and will not accept anyone who doesn't fit her parameters to the T.
The women who are a bit more average in looks and have kids (majority will have kids in this age group)will be open to a man a bit older. most of the time up to 40, sometimes to 45 and rarely up to 50 y.o.

There are many variables and also it depends on a geographic location, economic status and the size of the city.
Also I'm basing this blog on my observation of women in Russia (not Ukraine, Moldova or other FS republics) since Russia is where I prefer to search for women for my clients.
Also my clients usually prefer looking for women under 40 so I'm not familiar with what the preferences of women 40 and up are.

You probably noticed that I skipped ages 23 and 29. I did it simply because they can swing either way. A 23 y.o girl could still have the mentality of the 22 y.o or the maturity of the 24 or 25 y.o.

Offline KenC

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2007, 01:45:30 AM »
All very interesting information and opinions, Eduard, but how about addressing the topic posed here?  :noidea: Are the ages of RW listing themselves with agencies getting older?
KenC

Eduard

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2007, 07:04:58 AM »
All very interesting information and opinions, Eduard, but how about addressing the topic posed here?  :noidea: Are the ages of RW listing themselves with agencies getting older?
KenC
Hi Ken,
The topic is <<<Are age trends shifting?>>> I don't see the word "Agency" here. Since I don't use any agencies my comment is coming from the prospective of a "Native russian Speaker" which I am, on the trends I observe on a local Russian dating stes scene which is a lot bigger than the "Russian bride agency" scene, therefore it is more reflective of the overall single Russian women's age trends, not just the ones looking for a foreign husband.
Does that make sense?

Offline KenC

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2007, 07:51:51 AM »
Eduard,
Far be it from me to criticize your English as it is far superior to my Russian.  But you did miss the point in the OP as I see it.  Trying to put it as simply as possible:
Is the age range of RW interested in a foreign husband getting older?

It is not asking about the qualities of each age group or why one group might be better than another, just if it is more acceptable to older women now than before.
KenC
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 08:11:20 AM by KenC »

Offline Simoni

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2007, 07:58:51 AM »

Is the age range of RW interested in a foreign husband getting older?

My take on this issue is that older girls are listing more to online dating agencies as well as traditional agencies.

And that's a good thing, IMHO.   Older, more mature girls are the best choice for men here who tend to be in their 40s and 50s.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 08:21:10 AM by Simoni »

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2007, 08:30:19 AM »

My take on this issue is that older girls are listing more to online dating agencies as well as traditional agencies.

And that's a good thing, IMHO.   Older, more mature girls are the best choice for men here who tend to be in their 40s and 50s.

Many agencies say that they don't accept women 40+. This group probably has to look on their own.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Gator

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2007, 08:57:38 AM »
Lily,
Many agencies say that they don't accept women 40+.

This was my primary focus and I found zillions of beauties, mostly in the large international listing agencies such as Elena's Models.  However, even Angelica, a compilation of its local affiliates, had many 40+ women. 

I did not search every agency and I suppose some had few 40+ women.  In contrast, VIP dating has 772 women aged 50-70. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2007, 08:58:25 AM »
Eduard,

I found your information very interesting even if it does not follow the topic exactly.  Thanks for posting it.  You have much insight to share.

Being an old goat, I dated in the 39+ range, and many were more forgiving of an age disparity than what you observed for the 30-37 group.  Most had struggled to raise their children without father's help.  Now facing an empty nest, they  wanted to relax for a while and enjoy a brand new life.

I also dated the under-37 crowd with young children.  Some  (certainly not all) beauties accepted an age gap if the man could: 1)  provide stability and security to a family and 2) be a mentor to enable her to accomplish something outside the home as the children grew older.  The man, of course,  had to have many other qualities.

Every woman is different and there are exceptions to any guideline.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2007, 08:59:20 AM »
Many agencies say that they don't accept women 40+.
Lily, can you list a few names of such agencies ? It would be useful to know what to steer clear of ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2007, 09:57:53 AM »
Lily, can you list a few names of such agencies ? It would be useful to know what to steer clear of ;).

Sorry no records kept by me..what I could remember is that they were addressing to women in Russian language.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2007, 12:55:37 PM »
It's not the agencies not wanting older women. It's the older Western man's for not demanding them enough so agencies don't list them. I have seen women over 40 listed at bride.ru gold section but most 40 and over women are listed in their free gallery. To their credit, they are giving many older ladies and the not so beautiful ladies contact info out for free.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Ronnie

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2008, 02:53:50 AM »
Unless I misread, the original post said that the average age of the "most popular" gals was rising.
Most popular would mean, I think, that their has been more interest from WMs.
One would hope that the trend comes from the RWD effect, i.e. men are realizing it's unwise to even consider the under thirty girls..especially the one's without children.
Ronnie
Fourth year now living in Ukraine.  Speak Russian, Will Answer Questions.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2008, 03:39:13 AM »
Perhaps not a RWD effect, but a baby boomer effect ie. as the baby boomers age, so do the majority of white men in America.  As they climb in age they naturally have to slightly move up their ideal age, hence a theory for you.  The really dirty old men will not change.  The younger men are more pussy whipped in America then ever before being brainwashed by the feminazi agenda throughout our liberal eduational system - hence their skewed non-traditional outlook for similar age. 

A third and perhaps the most important factor is the Russian economy.  A fourth would be the poor example most American men have been while visiting and interacting with Russian women.
A fifth would be the continue negative press of MOB.  There are many more but I've got to go to work.............
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541322
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701