It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: I want JB back  (Read 8703 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
I want JB back
« on: April 14, 2008, 12:54:16 AM »
JB was difficult. He was argumentative. He was a pain in the
butt (not mine).

All these things are accurate, but personally I never had a
disagreement with him. I like hearing what he had to say.
If you disagree then ignore him.

Personally I miss him being here. I never met him.

Just my two kopecks,

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: I want JB back
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 03:21:10 AM »
Funny, I sent him a PM the other day saying that, and that I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one  ;)
I have seen him logged-in in recent days.
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 04:06:58 AM »
I probably argued with him more than anyone but I will say that both VWRW and I would like to see him back.   I may have disagreed with the way he said things some times but his advice was most always right on and he definately kept things interesting here.  RWD is a better place with jb here.  All the idiots need him to keep from messing up their life.

Offline I/O

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 04:28:27 AM »
When it comes to putting the finger on the crux of the issue relating to this general subject, IMO he is without peer. RWD is a far far better resource with him posting regularly. However, I doubt a group of guys "Cheering" him back would suit his taste too well.

I/O

Offline tim 360

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 05:47:49 AM »
I too would like to see JB back.  He was always the voice of experience and reason.  Usually always.  He called it like he saw it.  This board was a better place with him.  Thats it, I'm gettin' all teary eyed...
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline Jazzyclassy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 09:03:28 AM »
would be nice that JB comes backs, but what if I want KenC out  :P

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 09:13:04 AM »
Please excuse my ignorance but, What happened to JB? ???

Offline Gator

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 09:17:25 AM »
Jazzy,

:ROFL:  JB and KenC are not bookends yet they share much in common.  If you look over the years, JB was softer on women if my recollection is correct.  He seemed to relish a quick shootout with men yet withdrew from confrontations with RW.

Regarding JB, add my name to the list.  In fact, recently I have traded some PMs with JB.  While we disagreed, he stimulated my thinking.  Mental stimulation is sometimes lacking around here, and that was not the case when JB spoke.

Now if he returns and when he jumps down the throat of a misguiding cheerleader or lays into the mentally impaired, fantasy seekers and social losers, don't sit there on your hands.  Enjoy the moment and support him if he is correct.

Faux Pas

It would be splendid if JB stepped in and answered your question.  His answer might give you the:   :hairraising:  but that is part of JB, and part of what many miss.

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 09:18:41 AM »
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 09:28:04 AM »
Thanks Jet, I obviously missed that thread.

Gator, JB was one of the first responders to my intro thread. He seemed to have a bug in his rectum over my misspelling of my nickname here and why french? Caught me off guard somewhat but he did lighten up and I recognized his value and appreciated his input and advice. I'd like to see him back as well. Could be my ADD  but I don't normally notice someone not posting.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 11:49:15 AM »
I am not quite sure how to say this without creating the impression that I am saying something that I don't want to say.

Has anyone besides me noticed that since jb has not been here that things seem quieter, more helpful and less argumentative, that the atmosphere is better here?   

I am not blaming jb for any turmoil and name calling that existed before but I do think Dan wanted a more positive and helpful attitude and less arguing here.  I think Dan's efforts to make it so were why jb left.  Personally I think Dan likes jb and has a lot of respect for his wisdom and experience.  I think we all respect jb's wisdom and experience.  I do have to think that jb does need to say things in ways that are rather blunt and that do create some arguments and hard feelings.  I don't know that any of us can do more than guess what happened behind the scenes but I think Dan was just asking jb to behave himself a little and that jb wanted to feel free to say things in a jb way.  Probably it comes down to you accept jb as he is or you don't accept him at all.  I can respect jb for feeling that way and I can respect Dan for wanting people to be helpful and not hurtful here.   Whatever did happen behind the scenes is between jb and Dan.  I miss seeing jb's comments and hope we do see him here again.  I also like the more positive RWD I see of late.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »
I am not quite sure how to say this without creating the impression that I am saying something that I don't want to say.

Has anyone besides me noticed that since jb has not been here that things seem quieter, more helpful and less argumentative, that the atmosphere is better here?   

Actually I have often thought the opposite since he stopped posting.

I have noted that you have toned things down a bit which contributed a bit to the 'atmosphere'.  - Thanks!

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 12:26:41 PM »

At least a good portion of arguments back then had some meat to them, there were times people crossed certain lines and things may have gotten ugly, but the issues were genuine and timely (even if sometimes beaten to death).

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 12:46:23 PM »
I also feel that things have not been calmer or more polite since JB has been on hiatus. There hasn't been any more or any less than the normal cycles such things go through. A couple have been rather full of below the belt stuff but those were specific to certain members and not the board tone as a whole.

I have a lot of respect for JB and would be honored at any time to sit down with him and have a beer or three. Regardless of whether you like his style or not the simple fact is that his advice is on target and to the point. Ignore it at your own peril.

I and other have said it on several occasions: If you can't handle JB's style then you probably have no business pursuing a relationship with a foreign woman. You'll get it from her a whole lot blunter than you will from JB.

FWIW
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »
I can't disagree at all that his posts were well grounded in fact.  Sometimes you really do need to confuse things with facts anyway.  jb did have a knack for getting to the important issues and dealing with them directly.  Yes, perhaps more directly than I would have but he was better at getting to the core issues than me as well.

I probably argued with jb more than most and some of his comments to people did make me cringe a bit but I do have to agree that if you can't handle jb's comments you probably won't have much chance of making it with a RW.  Personally I thought jb added a lot to RWD.  I would be happy to see him posting again. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 01:18:51 PM »
I have a lot of respect for JB and would be honored at any time to sit down with him and have a beer or three.

I don't know this as fact, nor does it matter, yet I guess you would be drinking something stronger than beer.  The timing of some of his unnerving posts made me think at times that JB stood for Jim Beam.  Yet, I know JB and his tastes would demand something more gentlemanly refined than Mr. Beam.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 01:31:30 PM »
I take it that I am not the only one who noticed that a lot of his more direct posts came later in the evening.   I agree that JB was probably not the choice of jb, something classier for sure. 

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 01:36:54 PM »
I don't know this as fact, nor does it matter, yet I guess you would be drinking something stronger than beer.  The timing of some of his unnerving posts made me think at times that JB stood for Jim Beam.  Yet, I know JB and his tastes would demand something more gentlemanly refined than Mr. Beam.

You're probably correct there Gator. A good single malt is what I would picture and I'd be happy to join him in that as well...
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 01:53:20 PM »
Prior to joining in this forum, I posted on another forum. I still post on the other from time to time but the majority of my internet time is on RWD and the reason for this is quite simple. On RWD the members have no aversion to the truth. Much disagreement of the truth but in general the members will not hesitate to give you an ear full of what they believe is the truth and an argument be dammed. I respect this immensely. I trust it. I don't need or require the truth sugar-coated with a lot of cheerleading. This is a problem on the other forum. I know there are more forums where yet the opposite is true and they enjoy treating everyone especially newies like statues and they are the birds.

I say that to say this, and I'll mention jb by name because he is the discussion of this thread. jb as well as a few others here have a terrible delivery style (IMO) but, one should always keep in mind the message and not the mode of delivery for this particular endeavor. They have good information and choose to deliver it with an occasional poke. So what? Anyone so thin skinned maybe should not be looking to the East.

FWIW

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 09:05:09 PM »

Personally I miss him...

I don't miss him.  How could I?  Saw him only 30 minutes ago....when we had dinner with him and his wife, Etna.  Before that, he had us over to his house for drinks.

JB is a straight shooter who says what he thinks.  He has a good nose for BS and will tell a newbie in a heartbeat if he is headed for disaster.  And that is a good thing.

He and Etna celebrated six years of mariage last Friday.  Thus, he was and is successful, and therefore his advice carried a lot of weight.

Yes, JB is missed here.  But I'm glad that in real life we still keep in touch.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:23:17 PM by Simoni »

Offline BC

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 12:05:57 AM »
I'm pretty sure he drops by from time to time to gain a chuckle or two.  He may not post anymore (after all what more can one say about this venture with so many posts over the years) but I still hear his echo.

Any newbie will find reading the archives of his posts worthwhile:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=118;sa=showPosts

Don't know if he coined this phrase, but 'RW are not for everyone' comes to mind when I think of jb.  It's a tough concept to get across but I'm sure he saved plenty of guys grief (those that would listen).

I think it would be kind of neat to list all the memorable phrases coined or first used by jb and others over the years.

'Pick a puppy'  ?
'Run Forrest Run!' ?
'OMB's" ?
'Pickle barrel boys' ?

others?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:09:30 AM by BC »

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 09:37:52 AM »
others?
My all-time favourite was: "She looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet a time or two." ;D.

However, isn't this thread beginning to sound like an obituary :o ::) ;)?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BC

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »
My all-time favourite was: "She looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet a time or two." ;D.

Gawd... thanks Sandro.. yep.. gets a chuckle even today.

obit? naa..

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »

If he doesn't come back, it is an obit  ;D if he does then it's a tribute

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »

Nah, I had dinner with him last night.  Several "colorful" conversations took place.

JB is alive and well  :D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541314
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934