It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: George Soros Bullish on Ukraine - Maybe?  (Read 6907 times)

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: George Soros Bullish on Ukraine - Maybe?
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 04:45:50 PM »
ML:    In a 50/50 split of investing, they would come out the same as those who had invested zero.
- - - - -

Very good. Most 3rd graders in math could have deduced that invariable factoid.

Second, pretty weird investing 20% on one side One would have thought with your education and financial prowess you would understand that investing 20% on the losing side to prolong the conflict and protect the 50% on the winning side is a damn good return

= = = = = =

First, I didn't twist words as you did in turning my 50/50 into 20/50.and 50% on another side.  I guess in some worlds percentages do not have to add up to 100%.

Third, nice trick to invest most on winning side.  This will serve well in Vegas.  Be great tactic to use in lottery also.

My apologies for over estimating your financial acumen.  :rolleyes: Those that invest in conflict invest in a sure thing. I didn't twist numbers, I used them as an example. Now that I have a better understanding of your limitations, I will keep that in mind for future posts.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »
Nor do we know the percentages Ford and Kennedy invested in each side.

Neither should the overlook the impact had a worldwide company invested all their bets on the side that ended up losing a global conflict.

Ford, invested three ways: Nazi Germany, the USA, and Russia. He lost his holdings in Russia after the war thanks to a paranoid Stalin, but at least the Ford factory baseball teams helped spread the game of baseball across Russia. I'd count that as a win--as long as the conscience doesn't remind one that Ford did nothing to bring those several hundred workers and their families back home once his factories were nationalized.

A couple of books have been written by child survivors of that travesty. It was amazing the lengths that the Ford Motor Company went to in order to prevent those families from returning. Perhaps the fact that each had been promised a house (about $2500 at the time) and a car ($300-$500) upon completion of their contract period was a factor?

Ironically, it was a Ford who brought the two surviving adult children (most families had been sent to the Gulags) back home. President Gerald Ford, in one of his final acts as president, did so by executive order.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:59:39 PM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2015, 08:52:41 PM »
TF, there are two sides:

The rebels don't have an economy of their own. They are funded and equipped by a larger neighbor. No, it is not Poland.

The other side is Ukraine.

There is no "civil war" in the East. Take away Russia's support, and the issue would be settled quickly.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2821
Total: 2831

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM