It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Theories of Dating  (Read 16695 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Theories of Dating
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 05:35:37 AM »
Maxx, we seem to be going off tangent, but bugger -in context with little, bugger  is not too 'naughty' ... I have said ''Bugger off'' or ''that child is a little bugger'' and not been ostracised' ;)

However, a wish to you the word as a verb - the act - make elicit a somewhat different response ..

A Brit who smokes can say, "I'm dying for a fag" and just mean they want to smoke...

Yes, we are. Just so you know I know the finer points of British slang. But in an uptight religious community like Boyden and nearby Hull anything associated with acts of sodomy would not go over so good. The businesses there close on Sunday sabbath day and the ones who don't are boycotted by many of the citizens there. No big deal.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 09:13:45 AM »
A young London woman gave me a bad look when I told her she had a cute fanny.

Offline jone

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 09:50:20 AM »

I usually wait until after they're over the age of 15.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 10:32:29 AM »

Hardly surprising ...how the 'eck did we get those body parts so confused ?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 12:19:01 PM »
STILL using Pom out of context ..?!

TC isn't a Pom - as he isn't in the Antipodes or Southern Africa ...  If my correcting you irritates - it's OK ...You can tell me to 'sod off'  :)

You can call a guy a cock s#cker as an insult yet the guy might not have
actually smoked any poles. The recipient of the name pointing out that he
had not actually been a sword swallower generally doesn't reduce or rescind
the insult.

Pom is from pomegranate red sunburns that the natives of blighty tend to
get when exposed to the sun. Just because the Aussies thought it up means
that others can't use it? That hardly sounds reasonable.   

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 01:41:58 PM »

Pom is from pomegranate red sunburns that the natives of blighty tend to
get when exposed to the sun. Just because the Aussies thought it up means
that others can't use it? That hardly sounds reasonable.

Beel, why do you assume I am a reasonable man and want to spoil my sport with Wallmart ? ;)

Get back to your wkipedi'ing ..!  There you'll also find affirmation of who uses the term ... Coming from a 'Yank' ... well it's as daft as me calling you a Kraut or an American from generations past ' Irish' ....

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Theories of Dating
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 02:47:08 PM »
Beel, why do you assume I am a reasonable man and want to spoil my sport with Wallmart ? ;)

Get back to your wkipedi'ing ..!  There you'll also find affirmation of who uses the term ... Coming from a 'Yank' ... well it's as daft as me calling you a Kraut or an American from generations past ' Irish' ....

I've first read about Poms in books by James Michener (South Pacific) and Wilbur Smith
(adventure stories about Africa). You can call us Yanks if you wish but in the US we only
call North Easterners that, a Southerner would belly laugh at the prospect. 

In the USA people are allowed to call themselves Irish only on St Paddy's day and if
they're alumni of the University of Notre Dame who's moniker is the "Fighting Irish"
and there is an American football game on. As I am an alumni of the Oregon State
Beavers I can call myself a beaver without offending any of the nocturnal,
semi-aquatic, bridge, dam and lodge building mammals during ball games.
If they want to be offended anyway, then f#ck'em we can make a hat out
of them.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:50:45 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »
Sheesh...this has taken a life of its own. OK, Moby, I won't call you a Pom. happy? ;D

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »
Sheesh...this has taken a life of its own. OK, Moby, I won't call you a Pom. happy? ;D

Considering he's Irish, that would seem to be a very good idea.  He will then make sure that he never calls you a Canuck.  :devil:

Offline Bounder

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2017, 05:19:14 PM »

Until you just mentioned it, I never associated the word jerk with jerk off.

There's a car wash in the little town of Boyden in NorthWest Iowa in a really, really religious community called, "Lil' Bugger." I used to drive by it every once in a while and wonder if the owners understood what a bugger meant in British slang?

http://www.facebook.com/Lilbuggercarwash/

Maybe the name of the town inspired it?  Boy - den?

Strange subject we are on today!

I remember when I was much much younger, I said "bugger" in the presence of my mom.  That's the only the time I ever got smacked in the face by my mother.  I learned it isn't a good word then and there for the rest of my life and never say it.  ;) Effective old-fashioned parenting methods....

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2017, 05:29:00 PM »
As I am an alumni of the Oregon State
Beavers I can call myself a beaver . . .

Yes, but what sort of 'humor' do the female athletes at Oregon State encounter?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Bounder

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2017, 05:32:56 PM »

Boe's view that if you cannot have success with local women, you will probably have difficulty in FSU is correct. Finding local dates was not my problem. Finding a quality woman was. And by quality I don't mean 20 years younger and a model, I mean a woman that is intelligent, graceful and fun.

I disagree with this.  I'll just take Tinder as one example - for those of you who don't know, this is an app where you simply look at a brief profile and decide yes or no.  In Canada, 80% were fat, tattooed, completely unattractive at first sight.  So, I voted no.  I never matched or heard from the girls when I'd voted yes.

Using the same app in Moscow, it is a day and night comparison.  This ACTUALLY seems like how dating was always supposed to be.  If you want to meet an attractive and smart woman in the West, the competition is fierce, because supply is so low.  Here it is easy to meet an attractive and smart woman.

There is no correlation between Western dating and FSU dating.  I'm smart and good-looking enough.  It is simply not true, or at least not a universal truth, that finding Western dates is easy as pie for a decent guy.  But here, in Moscow, it is.

I'm willing to bet there's a lot of decent guys who just don't get any opportunity to practice dating in the West, not if they have any standards or taste.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 05:35:29 PM by Bounder »

Offline msmob

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2017, 10:22:48 PM »
I've first read about Poms in books by James Michener (South Pacific) and Wilbur Smith
(adventure stories about Africa). You can call us Yanks if you wish but in the US we only
call North Easterners that, a Southerner would belly laugh at the prospect.

Aha .. you got my point, now ..!

Love early Wilbur Smith books ...

In the USA people are allowed to call themselves Irish only on St Paddy's day and if
they're alumni of the University of Notre Dame who's moniker is the "Fighting Irish"
and there is an American football game on. As I am an alumni of the Oregon State
Beavers I can call myself a beaver without offending any of the nocturnal,
semi-aquatic, bridge, dam and lodge building mammals during ball games.
If they want to be offended anyway, then f#ck'em we can make a hat out
of them.   ;D

Beel, I've been to America a few times and LOTS of Americans told me they were 'Irish' in February or September ;)

Offline JayH

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »

Very few on here know my status with my girl. TreadMillDude accused me of coming home brokenhearted after all my trips because I was not listed as "committed" or "married" in my profile status.

Boe's view that if you cannot have success with local women, you will probably have difficulty in FSU is correct. Finding local dates was not my problem. Finding a quality woman was. And by quality I don't mean 20 years younger and a model, I mean a woman that is intelligent, graceful and fun.

HDL
Whatever happened to TMD ? He had the game conquered  --  right?
Along with DK -- another candidate for the most delusional of 2016 !

As to the second point-- getting along with women generally is the point.Having friends as well as relationships indicates a more allround person.It can only help in the FSU.

The 3rd point - she can be intelligent,graceful,fun,beautiful ,a model, and 20+years younger!! The point I would make on this-- there are a LOT more that fit that description in the FSU !!
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2017, 11:38:06 PM »
I miss TMD he was always good for winding up about single mums being easy :devilish:
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2017, 12:04:00 PM »
Whatever happened to TMD ? He had the game conquered  --  right?
Along with DK -- another candidate for the most delusional of 2016 !

As to the second point-- getting along with women generally is the point.Having friends as well as relationships indicates a more allround person.It can only help in the FSU.

The 3rd point - she can be intelligent,graceful,fun,beautiful ,a model, and 20+years younger!! The point I would make on this-- there are a LOT more that fit that description in the FSU !!

About TMD... My guess is, he went to Belarus and flamed out (if he actually went).

HDL

Offline jone

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »
He took WAAAAAAY too much interest in the kids of these mothers before he even knew if the relationship had a chance.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2017, 01:14:37 PM »
I will admit not reading any of the content in this thread. The title just struck me. Theories of dating? Isn't dating just something you went out and did, instead of theorizing it?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2017, 01:37:30 PM »
I will admit not reading any of the content in this thread. The title just struck me. Theories of dating? Isn't dating just something you went out and did, instead of theorizing it?

GQ,

One of the mods named it after splitting it off from another thread.

HDL

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 01:40:05 PM »
He took WAAAAAAY too much interest in the kids of these mothers before he even knew if the relationship had a chance.

Agreed Jon. If he behaved like that in BY, he may be a John Doe in the Minsk morgue.

Offline jone

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2017, 01:43:10 PM »
HDL,

I can't believe you didn't read up on this thread.   :popcorn:

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »
I disagree with this.  I'll just take Tinder as one example - for those of you who don't know, this is an app where you simply look at a brief profile and decide yes or no.  In Canada, 80% were fat, tattooed, completely unattractive at first sight.  So, I voted no.  I never matched or heard from the girls when I'd voted yes.

Using the same app in Moscow, it is a day and night comparison.  This ACTUALLY seems like how dating was always supposed to be.  If you want to meet an attractive and smart woman in the West, the competition is fierce, because supply is so low.  Here it is easy to meet an attractive and smart woman.

There is no correlation between Western dating and FSU dating.  I'm smart and good-looking enough.  It is simply not true, or at least not a universal truth, that finding Western dates is easy as pie for a decent guy.  But here, in Moscow, it is.

I'm willing to bet there's a lot of decent guys who just don't get any opportunity to practice dating in the West, not if they have any standards or taste.

Likely true for some, but not for the many Bounder.

I'll concede, based on your present locale, you are likely laying witness if not experiencing the ease you speak of (good for you btw!). But the same can be said in many choice spots in the west (concentration of attractive available women i.e. south bay beaches in SoCal, Westside, Hollywood, etc..). Moreover, a WM is not as much as a *novelty* in the west as they would be in FSU. So maybe for a lot of men this will appear as being 'easier'. The converse is true for FSUW in the west. An added spice to the mix.

One thing to consider regarding online dating in the west is, attractive WW have choices most anywhere they are, and the likelihood of them relying on social medium or dating service sites are not as prevalent as they would be elsewhere. So this medium is difficult to make an equitable comparison.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2017, 07:31:03 PM »
attractive WW have choices most anywhere they are, and the likelihood of them relying on social medium or dating service sites are not as prevalent as they would be elsewhere. So this medium is difficult to make an equitable comparison.

Back in the day when I was involved in the black subject of GCGs I met quite a few WW who married way out of their league looks wise and age wise. Married to foreign men they met on vacation that were "hunks" while they the WW were older and much older and unattractive to boot. You can guess the outcome. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2017, 08:19:52 PM »

Back in the day when I was involved in the black subject of GCGs I met quite a few WW who married way out of their league looks wise and age wise. Married to foreign men they met on vacation that were "hunks" while they the WW were older and much older and unattractive to boot. You can guess the outcome.

Might you be referring to the infamous 'rent-a-dread' phenomena maxx?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2017, 10:43:31 PM »

Hooray for Bounder  :clapping:  :D This is the point I have been trying to make on here a while now and all I have been facing is the - 'its you not them'. Bounder with experience in the field and actually living out there has confirmed what I have seen :) Women are miles better and in more supply out in the FSU. I also agree with GQ Blues in that WW have choices where ever they look (well the nice ones do). Again as I have previously said a decent attractive looking girl here with at least a half way reasonable personality/attitude will have no trouble getting a date/relationship. In fact the best will have several 'options' of blokes to choose from. This has been my problem my whole life, being in the running for one of these hotties but always coming of second best or worse. Sure she was interested but I just wasn't first with her. In the FSU the same as Bounder has found doesn't hold true. There are a lot more hotties around and they are not able to line men up as they are in not as much supply. Added to that I am wealthy compared to them and FSU men so I clock up points there I don't necessarily get in the UK despite being comfortably off but not rich. Hence this can help put me in pole position with the girl, happy days :D

p.s I get the distinct impression TMD had a case of failure to launch, he had to date of his last post never visited the FSU. Either that or he was held up with some improper material, lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1993
Total: 2003

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM