It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Bush Senior passed away  (Read 4031 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Bush Senior passed away
« on: December 01, 2018, 04:00:55 AM »
I've just read he passed on Friday evening aged 94 and French leader Macron couldn't have put it better - from his side of the pond ...

"On behalf of the French people, I convey all my condolences to the American nation for the loss of former President George Bush. He was a world leader, who strongly supported the alliance with Europe. Our sympathy to his family and beloved ones."

This was a US President to respect

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Bush Senior passed away
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 08:40:24 AM »
I've just read he passed on Friday evening aged 94 and French leader Macron couldn't have put it better - from his side of the pond ...

"On behalf of the French people, I convey all my condolences to the American nation for the loss of former President George Bush. He was a world leader, who strongly supported the alliance with Europe. Our sympathy to his family and beloved ones."

This was a US President to respect

He was a decent human being but a really mediocre president. There is a reason he
was a one term president.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Bush Senior passed away
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 08:59:22 AM »
He was a decent human being but a really mediocre president. There is a reason he

Yes. He was the conservative version of James Carter. What I do like about him and jr is they kept silent after their terms and respected the office of the presidency ahead of their personal ego or agenda.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 01:08:08 PM »

Perhaps domestically (can't comment on that).  However, when you think of all the things that could have gone wrong, particularly at the end of the Cold War, which occurred under his watch, and didn't, you have to recognize the leadership he provided.  We don't know what occurred behind the scenes to helpd maket the transformation of the Eastern bloc largely peaceful. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:18:02 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 01:19:55 PM »
I agree that he was a really decent person.
His one major problem was the famous 'read my lips.'

I got the feeling that he would be a nice man to have as a friend, but maybe his 'blue blood' would come through when dealing with we peons on a private basis.

Did he or did he not, have that one affair ?

I remember my young daughter at the time of his presidency thinking Barbara was his mother.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 02:40:53 PM »
President Donald Trump is directing that American flags be flown at half-staff for 30 days to honor the memory of former President George H.W. Bush.
In a proclamation signed Saturday hours after Bush died, Trump is also designating Wednesday as a national day of mourning. Trump encourages Americans to gather in places of worship “to pay homage” to Bush’s memory.
He adds: “I invite the people of the world who share our grief to join us in this solemn observance.”
Trump hails Bush as “one of America’s greatest points of light,” a reference to one of the former leader’s signature phrases about American civic culture.
At a campaign rally in Montana on July 5, 2018, Trump had mocked the phrase, contrasting it to his own campaign slogan, “Thousand points of light, I never quite got that one.”
http://www.apnews.com/8ab1d63239df455983b740f6208df5f9

George Bush Sr calls Trump a 'blowhard' and voted for Clinton
<blockquote> "I don't like him. I don't know much about him, but I know he's a blowhard. And I'm not too excited about him being a leader," said George Bush Sr, who was president between 1989 and 1993.
Former US Republican President George Bush Sr has confirmed he voted for Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election, labelling Donald Trump a "blowhard".
His son, George W Bush, said he worries that "I will be the last Republican president", even though President Trump is a Republican.
"This guy doesn't know what it means to be president," the younger man said.
The pair's comments come from a new book, titled The Last Republicans.

</blockquote> http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41871958 

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 12:47:45 AM »
A "Deep State" operative working for the "New World Order." Former head of the C.I.A., Vice President under President Reagan when Iran Contra was going on. Bush '41 and Clinton ('42) were on the same side in 1992 with N.A.F.T.A. during the election that year.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 08:40:36 AM »
He flew 58 combat missions.
Volunteered as a torpedo bomber,basically a death sentence then.

RIP Sir.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »
He might have been a war hero but does that excuse what he did when he got into power? Ditto for Robert Muller and John Kerry.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 10:46:43 AM »
A "Deep State" operative working for the "New World Order."

I'm not a believer of the New World Order. Lots of those old guys that are accused of wanting to rule the world haven't done much, are dead, or going to die soon. American president's power fade away after they serve their term. They don't get more powerful ruling the world. As far as how much control they got over American elections, Trump got  in so if anything, those supposedly powerful people haven't been successful keeping the presidency reserved for "insiders" who paid their dues.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 01:10:07 PM »

Back in the olden times us youth used to call the NWO "the establishment." Trump is dealing with them now, Democrats and establishment Rino Republicans. 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 02:54:11 PM »
About to turn in.

I seen a youtube of Trump recently, within this past week. He said he was weighing whether or not to declassifying certain documents. He said he wasn't certain if it would be too much for the American people to take. I speculate that it has to do with the criminality of the Clintons, Obamas, Comey and Muller.

I also remember there was a squawk about Trump suggesting declassifying all the JFK files. The National Security State was strongly against it as it might put the spotlight on certain people that were still alive at that time. My first thought was George H Bush, former head of the CIA. 

"Six days later, he promised: “After strict consultation with General Kelly, the CIA and other Agencies, I will be releasing ALL JFK files other than the names and addresses of any mentioned person who is still living.”"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2018/04/26/trump-delays-release-of-some-jfk-files-until-2021-bowing-to-national-security-concerns/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9b96e6d36eb4

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/10/27/russian-born-oilman-real-international-man-mystery-vivid-presence-jfk-files/807303001/

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 02:56:15 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 11:47:21 PM »
Hi Maxx

yet another example of 'Trampu' promising much but in reality delivering little ? ;)

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 02:54:50 AM »
Hi Maxx

yet another example of 'Trampu' promising much but in reality delivering little ? ;)

He faces a dilemma. If he exposes the devils to the American people by declassifying classified documents he will face the kill the messenger mentality. People don't like finding out they have been duped.

The Bush's and Clinton's have quite a lot of affection for each other. Bill and Hillary were called by Bush senior "like another son and daughter." They hung out together. Nothing would have been different if Bush had won a second term.

The Deep State is real. It has huge influence unlike what Billy says.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 02:07:30 PM »
... American elections, Trump got  in  ...
Not so much Trump was elected but more like Cinton was rejected.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 02:32:18 PM »
I'm not a believer of the New World Order. Lots of those old guys that are accused of wanting to rule the world haven't done much, are dead, or going to die soon. American president's power fade away after they serve their term. They don't get more powerful ruling the world. As far as how much control they got over American elections, Trump got  in so if anything, those supposedly powerful people haven't been successful keeping the presidency reserved for "insiders" who paid their dues.

LMAO! Just now noticed BillyB's post...Sorry Billy, you would've been right with the bolded part until recent events.

We have our last POTUS still clinging on to power and attention. So much so, he's out and about taking credit for the current economy every chance he gets. He even sends his ex-SS to undermine the current administration's act to rebuke the deal he illegally and  unconstitutionally made with a rogue state.

You knew this was the plan when he decided to stick around the WH neighborhood..
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 09:15:20 AM »
My faith and respect for the Bush's family is restored. I'm happy they set aside any political/personal animosity and acknowledge the higher calling and respect the office of the US presidency demands.

Bush Sr. - RIP

Offline GQBlues

Offline fathertime

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 10:19:16 PM »
Bush Jr. gave a great eulogy for his father.  I feel sorry for a now somewhat elderly man himself, having to go through this in such a public way, but I guess it goes with the territory.   

The caliber and variety of people at the funeral was stunning.   Obviously there must have been amazing security, because had a terrorist event taken place the US would have lost most of the current power structure and a lot of icons from the past.   

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 11:34:53 PM »
My faith and respect for the Bush's family is restored. I'm happy they set aside any political/personal animosity and acknowledge the higher calling and respect the office of the US presidency demands.

Bush Sr. - RIP

I'll admit my heart softened a bit towards the Bush's watching the funeral.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »
  I feel sorry for a now somewhat elderly man himself, having to go through this in such a public way, 

Having to go through what?

Offline PeterWarrick9

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 07:04:15 PM »
I think his funeral went a bit overboard.

I mean, he was a good man and a U.S. President, but the half-week of festivities seemed a bit much. I wonder how much it cost the U.S. taxpayers?

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 07:08:53 PM »

George Herbert Walker Bush: “Sarah, if the American people ever find out what we have done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us.”
     That is a famous 1992 quote by George Herbert Walker Bush to Sarah McLendon, a Texas journalist who Bush had known for years and who was the grand dame of the White House press corps at the time. McLendon had asked Bush: “What will the people do if they ever find out the truth about Iraq-gate and Iran contra?”
 Jeb Bush to intelligence operative Al Martin, who had worked closely with Jeb Bush during the Iran-Contra scandal and was threatening to go public: “There is no constituency for the truth.”
    Ross Perot: “When you look into the [American POW] prisoner cover-up, you find government officials in the drug trade who can’t break themselves of the habit.”
     Ross Perot: “What I have found is a snake pit without a bottom. They will do anything to keep this covered up.”
    Barry Seal was a legendary CIA drug smuggler and ace pilot who had literally worked for the Agency since he was a teenage pilot prodigy in the late 1950’s. By 1986 Barry Seal was having legal problems (criminal and a huge IRS tax liability) that not even his CIA connections could protect him from and according to Seal’s lawyer Lewis Unglesby, Barry Seal was a threat to testify against Vice President George Herbert Walker Bush. In fact, in early 1986 Barry Seal was threatening GHW Bush to get the IRS off his back or he (Seal) was going to blow the whistle on the Contra scheme and CIA drug smuggling.
         Two weeks after his argument with Vice President George Herbert Walker Bush, Barry Seal was pumped full of bullets and murdered outside his Baton Rouge halfway house on Feb. 19, 1986. The three Columbians who were convicted of the crime thought they were working for Lt. Col. Oliver North of the National Security Council.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2013/04/03/1199001/-Jeb-Bush-Oliver-North-and-the-Murder-of-CIA-Drug-Smuggler-Barry-Seal-in-1986

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 07:29:50 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2013/04/03/1199001/-Jeb-Bush-Oliver-North-and-the-Murder-of-CIA-Drug-Smuggler-Barry-Seal-in-1986

Tom Cruise played Barry Seal in the movie.

In the 80s and 90s the US federal government was as corrupt as Chicago was in the 20s and 30s. The American people will never be told the full truth. IMO the only solution is term limits on all members of Congress and for all members of state legislatures, counties and cities that don't have it. Again IMO, the US AG and members of the Justice Department that are currently appointed by the president should be civil service jobs answerable to Congress.

This type of corruption that is still present in the federal government must end.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3532216/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2018, 07:43:58 PM »
I think his funeral went a bit overboard. I mean, he was a good man and a U.S. President, but the half-week of festivities seemed a bit much. I wonder how much it cost the U.S. taxpayers?
We will never know. Will Jimmy Carter..Bill Clinton...George Jr....Barack Obama... and Donald Trump all receive the same fanfare these days?
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=2243.msg498890#msg498890

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541010
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1907
Total: 1918

+-Recent Posts

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM