It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: EUROVISION 2016- UKRAINE WINS  (Read 14621 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: EUROVISION 2016- UKRAINE WINS
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 08:12:05 PM »
The articles bias is as bad as Moby's.
Russia does not understand the free voting democratic process! 
The irony of Russia complaining about process !!maybe they can get the scrutineers from the Crimean 'referendum" to supervise next time!

What is funny is that Russia was really trying to win and placed so much stake on it.They sent a big established Russian "star" with and over produced  pre planed  production.
The professional judges saw it for what it was worth ie  not a winner! :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 10:28:08 PM »
The articles bias is as bad as Moby's.

Er JayH

1/ I simply preferred the Russian song to Ukraine's and though Australia's was better still - you are guilty - once more of reading what you thought you saw - not was was said.

2/ I'm 'watched' and my profile is not my own handiwork in another place for pointing out many of my posts on MH17 /Crimea/ BBC 'bias' / Brexit / de-dollarisation, etc., never see the light of day -so you'll forgive me for this  :ROFL:  re 'bias' ..

Don't confuse my preference for accuracy as 'bias' - I dislike propaganda / misinfo from any source

Russia does not understand the free voting democratic process! 

This is a about a song contest - not a Russian 'electoral' process

The irony of Russia complaining about process !!maybe they can get the scrutineers from the Crimean 'referendum" to supervise next time!

The result was a vast majority in favour of 'rejoining' - the issue was the polarisation campaign, before - scare-mongering - as if Ukraine was going to take military control of the peninsula  -  use of force to remove the Ukrainian govt and infrastructure, the options given and the numbers who stayed away - couldn't / didn't vote. The referendum was a 'farce' - but the overall result, wasn't.

For sure,  I got the irony about Russia complaining.

What is funny is that Russia was really trying to win and placed so much stake on it.They sent a big established Russian "star" with and over produced  pre planed  production.
The professional judges saw it for what it was worth ie  not a winner! :)

Some - professional judges - mostly from the same nations - chose not to give it any marks. I think that was 'interesting'

Let's be honest, JayH .The winning song sailed close to the wind, politically and the Kremlin got a reminder that it's stunts in Ukraine got noticed and aren't forgotten.

But all this will do is gain Putin support ...Russians will believe the world's out to get them...

It would have been better - politically- if  Australia had won  ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:31:49 PM by msmobyone »
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 06:11:35 PM »
What this year's Eurovision winning contestant said about the Russians...

"people have this character trait: it is very hard for them to accept defeat,"
"This is simply a sign of weakness."

http://us.yahoo.com/news/ukraines-eurovision-winner-brushes-off-russian-anger-173230075.html

Ouch!
 :ROFL:

Offline JayH

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »
Story is self explanatory.
 Is it possible that he is so naive and ignorant of how much reviled Russia is by the rest of the world?
Maybe it is.

Sergey Lazarev told why the 21 countries in the final of "Eurovision" has put him zero points
 Because it is very obvious Russian leadership this year was on the line competition,  I do not want to accuse anyone, but the facts speak for themselves. It's here the zeros from countries - 21 countries delivered us zero points
http://www.segodnya.ua/culture/stars/sergey-lazarev-rasskazal-pochemu-21-strana-v-finale-evrovideniya-postavila-emu-nol-ballov-716589.html
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 08:05:19 PM »
 Is it possible that he is so naive and ignorant of how much reviled Russia is by the rest of the world?
Maybe it is.

JayH

Once again,you've posted an article that proves you can't use Google translate or YOU are the ignorant one.

Viz

The Russian entrant points out that many juries that got him into the final - gave the song zip points in the final - The whole point of the Jury voting system is they're music experts - not there to punish the govt. of that nation -by voting politically.

IF you want Putin gone - people power must see his demise...Stunts that unite Russians in suggesting the vote was political have the opposite effect....not smart

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline JayH

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 09:42:42 PM »

JayH

Once again,you've posted an article that proves you can't use Google translate or YOU are the ignorant one.

Viz

The Russian entrant points out that many juries that got him into the final - gave the song zip points in the final - The whole point of the Jury voting system is they're music experts - not there to punish the govt. of that nation -by voting politically.

IF you want Putin gone - people power must see his demise...Stunts that unite Russians in suggesting the vote was political have the opposite effect....not smart

How thick are you ?

Sergey Lazarev told why the 21 countries in the final of "Eurovision" has put him zero points
. It's here the zeros from countries - 21 countries delivered us zero points
716589.html

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 12:55:58 AM »
How thick are you ?

Clearly not as 'thick' as any poster who compounds daftness by simply re-posting and failing to read '...

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
Eurovision and Russia
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2016, 07:53:06 PM »
After they claimed that they were shafted at Eurovision Russia has further alienated themselves from the rest of the world by declaring that they want to sulk alone..  No more Eurovision for Russians says PM Medvedev.

http://www.slobodnimediji.com/newsineng/3446-the-end-medvedev-russia-will-not-participate-in-eurovision-song-contest-anymore

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 02:26:59 AM »
hmm..

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7370478/ukraine-eurovision-song-contest-boycott-russia

from before the contest.... when Russia was the bookies favourite..

'Ukraine Considers Eurovision Boycott If Russia Hosts Next Year'..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2220
Total: 2231

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM