It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 304692 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #1000 on: July 07, 2020, 08:54:37 AM »

Florida doctor says most of the patients coming in are younger now. She says 67% of her asymptomatic patients are showing lung damage. Start at the 45 second mark in the video

http://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watch/doc-covid-19-damages-lungs-of-patients-showing-no-symptoms-87129669600
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1001 on: July 07, 2020, 07:39:38 PM »
  Israel invents one-minute coronavirus breath test

A person blows into a  small tube containing a chip with sensors to trap nano particles in the breath.  The chip is read through spectroscopy.  The presence of SARS-CoV-2 can be detected because it has a specific electromagnetic wave frequency.  90% success rate in trials. 

A quick test could be administered by TSA to screen air travelers. 

http://ajn.timesofisrael.com/israel-invents-one-minute-coronavirus-breath-test/

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1002 on: July 07, 2020, 09:03:13 PM »

China is working hard in trying to find a vaccine or treatment. Just doing their part to save the world. Trump is going to drop the hammer on them soon.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fbi-director-unleashes-on-china-in-speech/ar-BB16rXE7?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1004 on: July 09, 2020, 01:31:15 AM »
Meanwhile, infections are definitely on the speedy rise and deaths starting to go up as well.

I don't see a coherent national plan to address the situation, nor how schools will handle students, nor what plans are is for handling the upcoming flu season on top of the growing COVID hospital load.

Does not bode well for our citizens and residents, nor our teetering economy. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #1005 on: July 09, 2020, 05:01:40 AM »
Meanwhile, infections are definitely on the speedy rise

My home of Florida is considered one of America's  "hot spots."  Our surge of new infections  started one month ago and kept rising.  It hit its peak about two weeks ago, and while it has not declined, it seems to have flattened. Nevertheless, I hesitate to predict if if the rate of new cases stays flat, rises again, or slackens.   The "percent positive test" variable remains troubling. 

...and deaths starting to go up as well.

Au contraire, the number of deaths/day in Florida continues to decline.  I suggest the following reasons:

1.  The newly infected are younger than seen in April, many being asymptomatic. 
      2.  Therapies have improved.
      3.  Mutation of the virus to more infectious yet less virulent strain. 

Two weeks ago, I wrote the following when the rate of new cases/day hit 9,000.   

That was two weeks ago,  Yet, I am not ready to cheer as the surge was mostly among the young.  Did they go home and infect the vulnerable?

I don't see a coherent national plan to address the situation...

A reminder to expats:  unlike the European models, public health is largely a state government function.  For example, opening schools is a state/local decision.  Nevertheless, the Feds are very busy:  pushing a fast track plan developing vaccines, augmenting resources,  analyzing data, etc.   

Offline msmob

« Reply #1006 on: July 09, 2020, 05:40:05 AM »
Gator,

Not for the first time, I wonder at claims you make when the data shows you are ' au contraire'

Florida's 7 day rolling AVE death rate is up,

New cases hit a record on Monday?

The positive for the virus test is at new highs..

The median age for infection is c.40.

ALL I asked Google was "Florida death rate COVID-19".....

SO....is Google lying to you or  me(((?

Offline BC

« Reply #1007 on: July 09, 2020, 07:52:31 AM »
A reminder to expats:  unlike the European models, public health is largely a state government function.  For example, opening schools is a state/local decision.  Nevertheless, the Feds are very busy:  pushing a fast track plan developing vaccines, augmenting resources,  analyzing data, etc.

Gator,

Here, 'states', whether they be countries within EU or regions within EU countries, have same/similar responsibilities and independence as US states do.  National and local governments do however see this as a national and EU issue thus work closely together, especially since this virus does not respect geographical and political borders.

Since you mention it, our lack of coherence is due to a lack of leadership, sort of like each state running around like a chicken with its head cut off.  Heck even at the very top there seems to more contradiction within than a real plan.  Or plans are ignored, criticized by our leader and watered down.

Obviously, the sign that says 'The buck stops here' is no longer present in the Oval Office, replaced with one that states "Not My Problem".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 07:56:52 AM by BC »

Offline BC

« Reply #1008 on: July 09, 2020, 08:00:34 AM »
And BTW, expats do care, expats have a voice and expats do vote.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1009 on: July 09, 2020, 08:10:24 AM »
Meanwhile, infections are definitely on the speedy rise and deaths starting to go up as well.

I don't see a coherent national plan to address the situation, nor how schools will handle students, nor what plans are is for handling the upcoming flu season on top of the growing COVID hospital load.

The overall weekly deaths continue to drop due to our changing behavior. Less deaths from all illnesses and injuries. While COVID-19 is taking lots of lives, we're saving lives elsewhere. Chart in near the middle of the page is the most important chart that needs to be looked at when making decisions for the nation.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm#dashboard

As far as school issues, you're in the dark because your media wants to keep their readers and viewers ignorant so when schools open up, there is confusion and they can blame it on Trump. Team Trump spent an enormous amount of time thinking how to safely reopen schools. Three recent videos below 1:12 hrs to 5 hrs long containing briefings and round table discussions between White House leadership, disease experts, schools officials, parents and students. There are more school related White House plan videos but these are the three most recent.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #1010 on: July 09, 2020, 08:24:37 AM »
Gator,

Here, 'states', whether they be countries within EU or regions within EU countries, have same/similar responsibilities and independence as US states do.  National and local governments do however see this as a national and EU issue thus work closely together, especially since this virus does not respect geographical and political borders.

Since you mention it, our lack of coherence is due to a lack of leadership, sort of like each state running around like a chicken with its head cut off.  Heck even at the very top there seems to more contradiction within than a real plan.  Or plans are ignored, criticized by our leader and watered down.

Obviously, the sign that says 'The buck stops here' is no longer present in the Oval Office, replaced with one that states "Not My Problem".

So is that the reason why the EU completely and blatantly ignored Italy's plea for help during its dire COVID crisis where they actually played god on who dies and lives? *Lack of cohesion and strong leadership* Yup, I suppose you would know about 'the buck stops here, yadayada' as you lived it... Wonderful system indeed.

:devil:

Quote from: BC
And BTW, expats do care, expats have a voice and expats do vote.

Translation: I'm the kind of guy who only takes the 'good' and never the 'bad'. Nothing like constantly bashing a country I reap rewards from, thus hold on to that 'citizenship' at my leisure, and bail on them when its down.

We get it, BC. Good for you. Good to see you're proud of that. Shame....

Make life easier on yourself dude. Bail on the US citizenship and rid yourself of the 'burden' and live out the rest of your life in Utopia. You can still come back for visits any time you wish...

You reminded me of that fella I met on the flight back to LA from the UK. He's a Persian descent holding a British passport. He had so much vile things to say about the US that you can see veins on his face when he tries to spell out things he thinks make the US the worst country in the world.

Pretty amusing when I asked him why he's flying to LA...his answer was he works there and the money is too darn good to pass up.

:ROFL:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 08:56:00 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

« Reply #1011 on: July 09, 2020, 09:06:44 AM »
So is that the reason why the EU completely and blatantly ignored Italy's plea for help during its dire COVID crisis where they actually played god on who dies and lives? *Lack of cohesion and strong leadership* Yup, I suppose you would know about 'the buck stops here, yadayada' as you lived it... Wonderful system indeed.

Despite your critique, some even warranted, leaders did manage to get their act together, beating the virus down to manageable levels and keeping them there, while back home the cat was let out of the bag and is wreaking havoc again.  We let it slip away.

Offline BC

« Reply #1012 on: July 09, 2020, 09:23:59 AM »
Re-reading your post GQ, I also see you only shoot the messenger and do not counter with any facts to defend the actions of our leaders as being prudent, effective or worthwhile.

Does that mean all is hunky-dory with our domestic approach to resolving this virus crisis?  If so, please do illuminate with a few facts as I am not seeing it at all.

Where is the proof in the pudding?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1013 on: July 09, 2020, 09:30:21 AM »
Despite your critique, some even warranted, leaders did manage to get their act together, beating the virus down to manageable levels and keeping them there, while back home the cat was let out of the bag and is wreaking havoc again.  We let it slip away.

*WE*?

Simply because the liberal media completely omitted laying the cause of the rise on infection being largely due to their politically-driven, strongly encouraged, liberal-fueled make-believe social unrest - doesn't mean 'we' let anything slip away. Your obvious show of disdain to the current administration and 'pseudo-concern' is pretty darn dramatic, yet hardly compelling. It's just that, some of us aren't as gullible. Many who lives here can easily see the 'forest' through the trees, BC. You can easily see this had you wake up your mornings in the US instead of consuming *facts* from the internet.

There's that stubbornly silly correlative dynamic between enhanced and heightened number of testing, to infection rate to case fatality rate. To many of us, that 'reality' is painting a far more telling picture than any the MSM primetime 'boogeyman' campfire stories can ever inspire.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 09:45:19 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1014 on: July 09, 2020, 09:33:05 AM »
Re-reading your post GQ, I also see you only shoot the messenger and do not counter with any facts to defend the actions of our leaders as being prudent, effective or worthwhile.

Does that mean all is hunky-dory with our domestic approach to resolving this virus crisis?  If so, please do illuminate with a few facts as I am not seeing it at all.

Where is the proof in the pudding?

What messenger are you referring to, BC? You? What's the message do you *think* is valid enough to be shot at? At your current location, do you honestly believe any of your 'message' have an ounce of validity?

Seriously.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1015 on: July 09, 2020, 09:46:24 AM »

Au contraire, the number of deaths/day in Florida continues to decline.  I suggest the following reasons:

1.  The newly infected are younger than seen in April, many being asymptomatic. 
      2.  Therapies have improved.
      3.  Mutation of the virus to more infectious yet less virulent strain. 

Some additional tidbits that bolster your case

10% of Florida's Population has been tested

Graph presentation by Gov. Ron DeSantis

« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 09:48:14 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #1016 on: July 09, 2020, 11:44:14 AM »
http://covidusa.net/?state=Florida

Yesterday there were 9,989 new confirmed* cases, 0 recoveries, 48 deaths. The current 7-day rolling average of 9,256 new cases/day grew 130.6% from 14 days ago, at that rate in Florida...

Offline Gator

« Reply #1017 on: July 09, 2020, 01:18:10 PM »
Gator,

Not for the first time, I wonder at claims you make when the data shows you are ' au contraire'

SO....is Google lying to you or  me(((?

I don't know your sources, yet I rely on Florida Dept of Health dashboard.  Tests from labs (mostly private) are reported through the counties and tabulated by the state.   Hospital statistics are also tabulated. 

http://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

The first screen "Florida Cases" shows bar chart of deaths in lower right.  Notice the use of the term "resident."  Perhaps this explains the difference.  Perhaps there are other explanations.  For example, a citizen action organization compiles and reports COVID statistics, which differ from FL DOH's stats.  This rival dashboard adds antibody tests to the FL DOH"s totals for positive tests.   

http://experience.arcgis.com/experience/7572b118dc3c48d885d1c643c195314e/

This rival dashboard  reports interesting data on ICU bed availability (over 1,200 ICU beds are open in the state today).   The issue with ICU is not the number of beds, but the capacity of the ICU staff over time to care for a large and long stream of patients.   

If you read my posts carefully, something you rarely do, I implied the jury is still out regarding the trajectory of the infection.  And sure enough, deaths ticked up today and yesterday.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1018 on: July 09, 2020, 01:32:24 PM »
I don't know your sources

Yes, you do.. unless YOU posted without reading my putting Beel right , too, data above ..

If you read my posts carefully, something you rarely do, I implied the jury is still out regarding the trajectory of the infection.  And sure enough, deaths ticked up today and yesterday.

'Sure'..is someone else posting as you?

Au contraire, the number of deaths/day in Florida continues to decline.

As you can now see, I read your post, (and 'claim' re declining numbers)  just fine ;)

Offline BC

« Reply #1019 on: July 09, 2020, 02:03:25 PM »

The first screen "Florida Cases" shows bar chart of deaths in lower right.  Notice the use of the term "resident."  Perhaps this explains the difference.  Perhaps there are other explanations. 

Fine print:

The Deaths by Day chart shows the total number of Florida residents with confirmed COVID-19 that died on each calendar day (12:00 AM - 11:59 PM). Death data often has significant delays in reporting, so data within the past two weeks will be updated frequently.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1020 on: July 09, 2020, 02:38:39 PM »
To many of us, that 'reality' is painting a far more telling picture than any the MSM primetime 'boogeyman' campfire stories can ever inspire.
Although the virus is probably pretty severe and deadly for many, I take very few precautions. Now if some idiot is coughing around me I am getting the hell away from him, and I like a little social distance anyway so that isn't much of change.   

My old friends from when I was little all want to get together via ZOOM. Normally we go out to eat.   Several are completely bought into the virus to the point where they are isolating, masking and gloving up.  My own thought remains we pretty much all are going to wind up getting it at some point unless live a lifestyle in isolation.  Whatever happens happens, that isn't how I'd like it, but it is how it is, from my viewpoint.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gator

« Reply #1021 on: July 09, 2020, 02:52:14 PM »
Yes, you do.. unless YOU posted without reading my putting Beel right , too, data above ..

I used official Florida DOH stats.  You don't know the sources from which your source derived its data. 

So we have "official"  (me) and "unknown" (you).

The bar chart in my official FL DOH source shows declining deaths.  I am not sure of the meaning of your WTF term "Average Deaths per Day Over Time." 

Try using epidemiology terms such as CFR.  The Florida CFR is dropping. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #1022 on: July 09, 2020, 03:12:53 PM »
Fine print:

The Deaths by Day chart shows the total number of Florida residents with confirmed COVID-19 that died on each calendar day (12:00 AM - 11:59 PM). Death data often has significant delays in reporting, so data within the past two weeks will be updated frequently.

Eagle eyes!

Yes, the deaths are based on death certificates.  Think about the implications that method of data compilation has for timeliness and accuracy.   That's one of the reasons why I say the jury is still out. 

Some deaths reported today were data dumps from deaths that happened maybe a week or two earlier, maybe even longer ago.  And some of today's deaths may not be reported for a couple of weeks if not longer.   

The citizen action organization's dashboard elaborates about data shortcomings, including data on deaths: 

Additionally, DOH does not provide the date of death for any case. The chart on the now-disabled DOH dshboard showing resident deaths by date is just that - residents only by date of death for cases where a death certificate has been received and the date of death verified by the state.

The CDC warns "delays in reporting a person's death to the state can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction and cause of death."

According to internal DOH records, deaths reported by DOH were reported an average 7-21 days after the COVID-19 positive person died (date from March through mid-June, with some deaths reported as late as 44 days after death. 

http://experience.arcgis.com/experience/7572b118dc3c48d885d1c643c195314e/     (click on bottom barrier:  "Notes and Warnings")

Let's discuss comparability of data.    Are death statistics from other states derived differently such as to make them more accurate and current, or do they have the same limitations?   I assume the same, so we are comparing apples with apples.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #1023 on: July 09, 2020, 03:32:07 PM »

Being a pandemic it is more than the EU, more than the US, and the worse is still to come for many countries.  Maybe we should work with the WHO, an apolitical, functional WHO!!!!

...sort of like each state running around like a chicken with its head cut off. 

Most governors should take exception to your simile.  However, even after 3-4 months of managing this pandemic, we still have critical problems at the state and local levels. 

For example, a huge limitation in Florida is contact tracing.  News reports suggest a significant number of positive test cases have never been called by an agency to determine with whom the infected individuals have encountered in travel, work, family, etc.    The Miami-Dade County region is the most infected area in Florida, and has a team of 200 contact tracers.  The Mayor wants an "Army" and the Governor disputes the need for an "Army."

http://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/07/07/desantis-belittles-experts-warning-of-need-for-army-of-contact-tracers-in-miami-dade/

Trump does not say such nor act that way.  If you have evidence he did, please.....

The pandemic is everyone's problem, individuals more than government, whether federal, state, or local.   

If Trump has all the authority and power you keep ascribing to him, we would never have a sanctuary city, or a CHAZ, or a debate about how to open schools. or..... The battles are fought locally.  The Feds are needed for augmenting resources, speeding the R&D of vaccines and therapies, monitoring and consultation.     

Offline msmob

« Reply #1024 on: July 09, 2020, 10:23:02 PM »
I used official Florida DOH stats.  You don't know the sources from which your source derived its data. 

It is listed - if you followed my link,,

So we have "official"  (me) and "unknown" (you).

Then when your 'official' info catches up with mine, as it assuredly will .. I wonder what your 'excuse' will be ?

In the meantime, new cases went up and the deaths will surely follow ((

I note you are still trying to 'defend' 'Trampu's' stance on this pandemic ..from quitting WHO, and his misguided predictions as to the virus' effects on US citizens to suggestions ( that US intelligence don't support ) of this being a Chinese plan, it's been fail  after fail..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1878
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM