It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Second trip to Kharkov  (Read 25912 times)

Offline osis

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Second trip to Kharkov
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:06:19 AM »
It's early October and it’s time for  my second trip to Kharkov,this time for 10 days.After arriving in Borispyl in the afternoon i headed to Kiev to spent the night in a hotel.Next morning took the Intercity to Kharkov.When i arrived Mila and her husband where at the station waiting for  me.They drove me to the apartment she booked for me(next to the medical university in the center) where i and Mila discussed our plan of action . I decided to meet with 6 women(one was from another city)and we called it a day.

Next day Mila and her husband (as driver)picked me up from the apartment and we drove to a restaurant in the center of the city where i would meet the first lady.During the drive Mila informed me that the lady from another city was working that weekend(she could meet only weekends)and she can't make it.Also another lady was out of town for buisness and she couldn't tell when she'll be back.So i was left with 4 ladies. I was supposed to meet the ladies during lunch break.We arrived at the restaurant where lady1 was waiting.The meeting went well and i as well  lady1 decided to meet again.After  that we walked to another restaurant(Mila choose restaurants cloce to the ladies working place) where i would meet lady2.The second introduction was a total waste of time.So,that was the last meeting for the day and i returned to my apartment.Next day, around the same time, Mila and her husband drove me again to the meeting place.Lady3 was a nice  woman but there was no chemistry so in the end we shook hands and went our separate ways.I met with Lady4 two days later because of her job.We met  at a nice cafe.Although i was interested in that lady,i told Mila to put her on hold for a couple days until i see how it goes with lady1.

So, after the introduction phase was over i choose to pursue lady1.On Sunday me,lady1,Mila and her husband(as taxi driver) visited Gorky park until afternoon.Next day we drove to Ekopark where we spent 2-3 hours.When we where leaving i asked lady1 if she had more free time to go for dinner with me and she said OK.While en route i told Mila that i would not need her services any longer for the rest of the day(Mila told me that lady1 could understand and speek some english,but was to shy and embarrassed to do so),so that i could dine alone with lady1.Then lady1 actually refused to go for dinner without Mila present, because she could not speak good english.Itried to explain to her that english is also not my first language and that i would not mind even if she spoke chinese.Finally, when we arrived at the place where we picked her up earlier,she got out the car and told us she would go back to work.

After a couple of hours Mila send  a message telling me that lady1 called her.Lady1 was complaining that i was to pushy and she didn’t liked that,but she also likes me and she wants to meet with me next evening with Mila present at least in the beginning.Then we could go for dinner without her.Of course i told Mila that this doesn’t make any sense,since we did exactly that the same day.After that incident i told Mila that it was over with lady1.I asked about lady4 if she was interested meeting me again  but she wasn’t.
Next day Mila send me other pictures of ladies from her database to choose from.Little later informed me that lady5 was back in Kharkov.I agreed to meet her the next day,so Mila told me that she would pick me up as usual.I asked her  to set  the date in the cafe i met lady4 because i liked it.Mila told me that she allready had chosen a place and in fact it was very close to my apartment.I responded to her that i wouldn’t be needing  her taxi services.A few hours later and after much thinking i called Mila again, canceled the meeting with lady5 and told her that i would stop meeting ladies altogether.The next remaining couple days were spent walking arround Kharkov and visiting places.

It was my first experience with FSUW and i learned a few things.I will definitely try again(although with another method).Later i will write about some  things i didn’t like and in my opinion were wrong with Mila’s practices.

Offline wallm

Re: Second trip to Kharkov
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:22:39 AM »
Congrats on having the cojones to write this report and not use false initials. Now, get ready to be judged by the peanut gallery full of people who have not used her services unlike you.

Did you ask about marriages/relationships that resulted from her services?
You mentioned speaking chinese, are you of chinese descent?

So, what did you do on your first trip to Kharkiv?

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 05:31:32 AM »
Congrats on having the cojones to write this report and not use false initials. Now, get ready to be judged by the peanut gallery full of people who have not used her services unlike you.

I used her services, not to find a woman but as an interpreter, and found her to be very good and helpful. However, she did have a way of sneaking in a few fees I wasn't made aware of. Like $20 for her husband to drive me about 5 blocks.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline wallm

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
I used her services, not to find a woman but as an interpreter, and found her to be very good and helpful. However, she did have a way of sneaking in a few fees I wasn't made aware of. Like $20 for her husband to drive me about 5 blocks.

Were you driven 5 blocks in a Bugatti?

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 08:48:30 AM »
Sorry the trip did not work out for you. You should definitely post your observations of the women and Mila's services as some former clients have stated before she would use her friends in her introductions to clients.
Perhaps next time just use the recommended dating sites and only communicate with ladies with a good working knowledge of English. There are plenty on good women out there and I believe you don't need any intro services to find them.
Good luck!
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline LAman

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »

I used Mila's services for a flower delivery to a girl. I asked for her opinion on girl's sincere-ness since her English was poor. She was spot on with her description.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 10:24:33 AM »
Wallm, we all get it that not only did you have a bad experience with Mila Lobunko, you also despise Mila Lobunko. Plenty of people (including myself) have had enough of your trashing Mila at every opportunity.

I joined RUA before I joined RWD. Even though I have not logged into RUA in a million years, I enjoyed reading various trip reports from various Men who used Mila’s services in Ukraine. The overwhelming majority of Men on RUA who had used Mila’s services had very positive things to say about her. No hints of her being a scammer.

Likewise, I have read every post by her and regarding her here on RWD. The majority of the men on RWD who have used her have positive things to say about her. There have been a few who had negative things to say about her, and I have had 3 guys reply to my PM to them who did use her services but were not happy with her services. That being said, when I was trying to originally discern the efficacy of her services, I also contacted several guys through PM who had used her services who said nice things about her to get more in-depth analysis of her. Those guys were fairly convincing in their praise of Mila.

At this point, I am not sure who to believe regarding Mila’s services – her supporters or her detractors. I do know I have heard far more positive things about Mila than negatives. But one thing I will not do is come on here and repeatedly (like you do WallM until it just gets sickening) praise Mila or repeatedly trash Mila.

You had a bad experience with Mila, WallM, that is fine. At the same time, a lot of guys have had very good experiences with Mila. You have every right to post about your negative experiences with Mila. But when you do as much repeatedly, over and over and over again, several times per week, week after week……it just gets tiresome and old. Enough already!! 

Look at yourself in the mirror Wallm. Are you a (7), (8) or (9) appearance-wise? Are you a very handsome Man in the face? Do you eat extremely healthy most of the time? Do you limit your intake of tobacco, alcohol and drugs? Do you exercise, at minimum, 6 days per week? Do you have 6-Pack abs? Are you fairly muscular with low bodyfat? Bottom line, are you a “Good Catch” for a Slavic Woman, a “Very Desirable Man” for Marriage for a Slavic Woman, WallM? That is a “Yes” or a “No” answer. There is no grey area WallM. That is a “Yes” or a “No” answer.

If your answer to that question is "No", then you need to cease and desist on blaming Mila for your failures in Ukraine. (There is a reason why Mila's friends were not interested in you WallM). Instead, work daily (As in 7 days per week, 365 days per year) on improving yourself in all aspects of your life. I have no doubt that if a guy is a (7) or an (8) or a (9), handsome in the face in addition to having a rugged, ripped, Schwarzenegger physique…. is very well-educated…… has a good job and makes well in excess of 6 figures…….is a good Christian Man with outstanding Morals and values……he will ultimately be successful in this search whether he is looking in Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Ethiopia, Cuba, South Africa or wherever.

What determines whether you are ultimately successful is not whether Mila is a (5) or a (10) as a Matchmaker. No. It is how Good of a Man you are WallM.

Less criticizing of Mila. More work on improving yourself as a Man. It is very easy to criticize Mila. It is much more difficult to make enormous improvements in yourself.

Slavic Women do not want to marry a Loser. Slavic Women want to marry a Winner, WallM.

Offline wallm

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 11:26:50 AM »
dude, I didn't use her services. I was privately warned by a few not to. I encouraged men who recently posted saying they used her services, to post about their experiences, so that newcomers can make informed choices. You sound like a total weirdo. It is precisely clowns like you who had not used her services that newbies should never listen to when they she is recommended to them.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:30:13 PM by AnonMod »

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 12:04:15 PM »

Slavic Women do not want to marry a Loser. Slavic Women want to marry a Winner, WallM.

So do the majority of us men too, I think? :-\
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »

but but.. if your such a winner TMD, how come your not already married, you been at this for a couple of years now.. surely you must have found at least one of all those quality ladies who wanted to marry such a stud and example of a man such as you?
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 12:46:27 PM »
After a couple of hours Mila send  a message telling me that lady1 called her.Lady1 was complaining that i was to pushy and she didn’t liked that,but she also likes me and she wants to meet with me next evening with Mila present at least in the beginning.Then we could go for dinner without her.Of course i told Mila that this doesn’t make any sense,since we did exactly that the same day.After that incident i told Mila that it was over with lady1.I asked about lady4 if she was interested meeting me again  but she wasn’t.

Next day Mila send me other pictures of ladies from her database to choose from.Little later informed me that lady5 was back in Kharkov.I agreed to meet her the next day,so Mila told me that she would pick me up as usual.I asked her  to set  the date in the cafe i met lady4 because i liked it.Mila told me that she allready had chosen a place and in fact it was very close to my apartment.I responded to her that i wouldn’t be needing  her taxi services.A few hours later and after much thinking i called Mila again, canceled the meeting with lady5 and told her that i would stop meeting ladies altogether.The next remaining couple days were spent walking arround Kharkov and visiting places.

It was my first experience with FSUW and i learned a few things.I will definitely try again(although with another method).Later i will write about some  things i didn’t like and in my opinion were wrong with Mila’s practices.

Ok, I'm temporarily back for this one, I just can't resist it :D

Osis, have you ever heard the English expression, 'In for a penny, in for a pound', it means that if you you have already spent so much you might as well spend the few extra bob rather than miss out by trying to save a little meaningless spare change.

In other words I would have gone to see girl 1 again if we both liked each other and that was apparent. After all you've already spent on flight & hotel/apartment and however much you've spent on Mila's services to date, so what's another $40-50 dollars or so. Even a known cheapskate on this forum such as myself would not cut it that sharply. After all another flight and accommodation and taxi services is going to cost more for another attempt.

When I first read this I thought myself too that his could just be a way of fleecing more money, even an extra $20 is a lot of money over there, but then again Mila has to make a living presumably to cover the down times like in winter when fewer foreign guys are in town. I would though had said to hell with it, its not going to break me financially to determine from another meeting if this girl is a good one and right for me.

Osis, the downside of using agency people is that you don't know from the offset if its for real or faked admiration/attraction to you to get you to part with more money. I'm guessing as some girls turned you down it may suggest it might have been legit. I would have also met with girl 5 unless you thought girl 1 was so good that there was no point looking any further and go with her. After all meeting women is what you are there to do and if they are delivered on a plate for you (even at a cost) then I would go with that unless I got a really strong whiff that it was all set up bs. The main thing to ask yourself is do you think there is natural chemistry with girl 1? not just a pleasant liking, if there is natural chemistry without any put on attraction by her you might have missed out here. One advantage of agency's is they can deliver women to you quickly, its just a question if its legit :-\

Myself I do think $20 to go 5 blocks is steep, but this isn't a money saving exercise, in the grand scheme of things $20 is little money if you meet the right girl. Again I wonder if Mila adds extra on to cover other business/living expenses and tries to recoup it on over the top taxi expenses. Perhaps she is making a fair old bob, who knows but the concern should be on whether she can bring up the right girl for you rather than her making a few extra $. Ridiculous money I of course would not countenance.

TMD, where is that lovely homoerotic profile pic of you, the forum is just not the same without it ;D

I agree with Wall though on the attitude I do wonder if you come a bit too 'all at once too fast and full on' to the girls you meet try to ease up a little :)

End of the day what Wall has heard and other forum members found may be right, terps/agents being involved in the process can make you wonder if its all a put on affair and/or are on the make. I think some members here though may have the impression that you go over there, spend as little as possible and pick up 'Mrs right' I think the search itself rarely tends to work out that cheaply, unfortunately, lol. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline southernX

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 03:49:50 PM »
  steep ??

paying $ 20 us dollars is approx 520 grivnas , that is not steep that is outright theft for taxi fares on a  5 block ride    locals would know this and a noramal taxi might be anywhere from 70- 100 grivnas max for the same trip ...

not reasonable imo

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 04:24:50 PM »
I think if your assessing it as a taxi ride then yes it's a extortionate and it looks like their having you over. However, I would say it's more a dating service your dealing with here. If there are legit women at the end of it that can be brought up on the hoof then overpaying for a ride is not a big deal to worry about. After all some agents charge a lot more overall, say Eduard from what I hear and there are many other that no doubt do so.

Perhaps if economy is important then just state in Email before going you wish to use local taxi and restate this at a convenient time early on meeting Mila. From what I recall her prices are stated on her website so just refer to them. If I were to set up my own meets then of course I would save money it kind of stands to reason that if you use an agent then it's not going to come cheaply at local prices. If a girl duped you then that of course would be a different matter.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline JayH

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 05:03:49 PM »
  steep ??

paying $ 20 us dollars is approx 520 grivnas , that is not steep that is outright theft for taxi fares on a  5 block ride    locals would know this and a noramal taxi might be anywhere from 70- 100 grivnas max for the same trip ...

not reasonable imo

SX

I have no more info than anyone else here -- but -- if a car was ordered at a specific time -the driver waited etc can all equal a real cost.
Of note -- costs have risen dramatically in Ukraine in the last 3 years   eg  the cost of a car,the cost of running a car etc is quite similar to Australia --where cars cost  near enough twice US prices,  fuel cost close to twice US  etc  Needless to say --relative income is much lower in Ukraine.

As an observation -- expecting anyone to do anything for nothing --or next to nothing is unrealistic.

Additionally --- I have a few friends in Ukraine that do interpreting etc and generally help visitors with whatever. Some guys understand that time is money -- some don't ! Some are generous -- some are downright insulting . Some simply have no idea !!!! ;D

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:09:00 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline LAman

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 05:15:47 PM »
  steep ??

not reasonable imo

SX

Highway robbery?? Try 5000rub to get from SVO1 to SVO2 back in the old days. Ruble was ~27 to 1usd

You are looking at it through the eyes of local. A westerner pay more than a local. One needs to be fluent enough to be able to call taxi to their location and know place going or maybe an address. Sure $20 seems high but if it is her regular price for her taxi( driver & car), you are also getting from point A to point B without a problem. . If you ask for someone to provide any services you pay their rate. I saw Mila's prices on her website and thought they were on high side but if someone chooses her assistance you pay her rate.

I do remember the times in Kiev where paying ~$45usd from airport to centre was never questioned, got me to my place quickly with no problems. Now with skybus and uber, and some knowledge.... there are more options.

Offline LAman

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 05:24:44 PM »

Did you mean a few fees higher than you thought they would be??

You didn't think the taxi's would be free, did you?

Offline mhr7

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 05:27:31 PM »
She met me in front of my apartment with her husband and asked if I wanted a ride to the destination or if I wanted to walk. It was only after our business was concluded and I was paying her that she said the (short) ride was $20. She did not tell me this before offering the ride. I thought she was just being friendly since her car was already there. So it wasn't a taxi.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:30:58 PM by mhr7 »

Offline LAman

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 06:01:27 PM »
She met me in front of my apartment with her husband and asked if I wanted a ride to the destination or if I wanted to walk. It was only after our business was concluded and I was paying her that she said the (short) ride was $20. She did not tell me this before offering the ride. I thought she was just being friendly since her car was already there. So it wasn't a taxi.

Understand situation. A client of mine has on her license plate.... TYMZMNY

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 10:33:23 PM »
Well I've never come across abbreviation like that LA Man, I'm guessing it's something about my/your time & money etc?

It's a bit of a strange one as if Mila went to meeting separate to client presumably she would be out of pocket - fuel & travel time spent and neither her or her husband driver compensated for it. Even if client was to pay for a taxi, ok she does not incur cost but she does not gain and U would assume her husband is redundant for that time unless he works on a job where it's flexible, probably a full time taxi driver, lol. My guess is like said before Mila is spreading the profit making across services as a whole. I think though the more that become aware of the taxi cost the more that will just say, 'ok I'll pay the $50 to meet with each girl & get my own cab'. That is those guys where money is a concern, real rich guys just won't care and with them she probably loves them using her services.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 01:14:07 AM »
Understand situation. A client of mine has on her license plate.... TYMZMNY

I would still use her services again if I needed someone in Kharkov.

Offline osis

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 03:51:58 AM »
A few things i believe were wrong are:when we met during my first trip in March,among other things she told me about the cost of introduction, wich changed  when i arrived in October.Now,i understand that during the summer Mila ugraded her services etc.  and the changes moneywise  where insignificant but nevertheless she should have informed me since we stayed in touch all this time.

About the “taxi service” i thought that it was included in the intro fee.Again ,i didn’t mind,i used it several times but she should have mentioned it beforhand.

Friends of Mila.Lady2 was friend with Mila for 8 years and lady4 for 2-3(very good friend).Lady1 was an acquaintance for 2 years.In general Mila knew probably all women in her database well.At first i thought that Mila was helping  her friends(lady2,4) finding a good partner(thats noble).But now hmmm,i’m not so sure any more,especialy with lady2(i didn’t want to meet her,but Mila insisted).

One more thing.What happened with lady1,happened.I understand “this could not be the fault of Mila”(i never talked with lady1 directly,she didn’t give me her tel.number,even after 3 dates our communication was allways through Mila) BUT if this lady is still in her database, then there is something ” fishy” or she cares very much for her  :D .

Finally i believe that if Mila wants to be a good professional she should avoid those minor insincere tactics(hidden charges etc).

Offline osis

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 04:11:44 AM »
Sorry the trip did not work out for you. You should definitely post your observations of the women and Mila's services as some former clients have stated before she would use her friends in her introductions to clients.
Perhaps next time just use the recommended dating sites and only communicate with ladies with a good working knowledge of English.
Good luck!
Hi.Will do.
Thanks

Offline osis

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 04:13:55 AM »

Hi wallm.
Once she showed me a picture of a wedding.the guy was from scandinavia i believe.
No.It was an exaggeretion to show her i didn't care about her english level.
A very short trip (4 days) just to meet Mila and see how Ukraine is.Nothing more.

Offline osis

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 04:29:30 AM »

Osis, have you ever heard the English expression, 'In for a penny, in for a pound', it means that if you you have already spent so much you might as well spend the few extra bob rather than miss out by trying to save a little meaningless spare change.

In other words I would have gone to see girl 1 again if we both liked each other and that was apparent. After all you've already spent on flight & hotel/apartment and however much you've spent on Mila's services to date, so what's another $40-50 dollars or so. Even a known cheapskate on this forum such as myself would not cut it that sharply. After all another flight and accommodation and taxi services is going to cost more for another attempt.

When I first read this I thought myself too that his could just be a way of fleecing more money, even an extra $20 is a lot of money over there, but then again Mila has to make a living presumably to cover the down times like in winter when fewer foreign guys are in town. I would though had said to hell with it, its not going to break me financially to determine from another meeting if this girl is a good one and right for me.
[/quote]

Hi.Obviously it's not about the 50-60-70$.How could i build a serious relationship with a woman who was {to shy?-to embarrassed?-scared?} to meet me alone?

Offline osis

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 04:37:18 AM »
Trenchcoat
« on: Yesterday at 12:46:27 PM »
 I'm guessing as some girls turned you down it may suggest it might have been legit. 

[/quote]

Actually all women wanted to meet me again (after third meeting i started to feel like Brad Pitt  ;D).

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 04:43:03 AM by osis »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1649
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1564
Total: 1574

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Today at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Today at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Today at 03:02:29 PM