It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: protecting your wallet from your "new girlfriend" in the FSU  (Read 16482 times)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: protecting your wallet from your "new girlfriend" in the FSU
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 01:41:06 AM »
OMG Bill, this gives me  the chills thinking  about  it.

For many, many years I ordered cars from  the factory specifying NO ELECTRIC WINDOWS.  The dealers all told me it was stupid, because everyone  wants electric windows.  I said NO.

Why they asked?

Here's what will happen I told them.

It is pouring rain.  You pull into the airport parking lot, put the window down, take the ticket . . . and the window doesn't go back up.  Your  flight leaves in 20-30 minutes (this was back before terrorists).

But, at some year,  don't remember what, it  became impossible to even order a car without electric windows.  Still a pretty  stupid idea to have electric windows.  Elect door lock is OK, because key will still work if electric lock  fails.  But electric windows . . . you are focked big time as Bill found out.

I had a big monster of a Caddy once.  Not only were the elec window controls on the door . . . the windshield wiper control was there also.  A very stupid idea . . . because the wires have to go from the door around to the windshield motor area.  So everytime  the door opens and closes, some wear occurs on the wires.  Luckily,  a near problem was discovered during some routine check up, and the wiper wires were mended.

Moon roof is another stupid  idea.  An area on top of car, sunken down with seals that will wear out at some point along with the open - close mechanism . . . yeah, let's make it . . . a lot of idiots will buy it.

And leather seats that are cold in winter and make your legs and a$$ sweat in summer.  Oh yeah, we can fix that with some electric wires under your butt and some sort of cooling device.  Should be pretty trouble free.
I also request a crank shaft to start the car Never know when the battery goes down.
Or course no power steering or power braking. Let alone airconditiong, it may only break.
Still wondering why they do no longer sel wooden wheels.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline chivo

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 03:25:34 AM »
For example, if you live in Pisa, Italy, obviously give her a small statue of the leaning tower.   Nothing expensive though.
Only if it's 7-8 inches long and battery operated.

Otherwise spare her the cheap BS.

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2014, 07:20:58 AM »
Only if it's 7-8 inches long and battery operated.

Otherwise spare her the cheap BS.

lol  I have a large statue of Leaning Tower statue... actually a lampshade!  But I hardly use it as lampshde... just for display it lol
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 12:58:48 PM »
I thought the "impoverished country" part was the low point.

Does this mean that you preferred his short version over mine?  I just do not understand how a man could afford to take a trip, but apparently cannot afford, or will not afford, to properly wine and dine the woman he has been in contact with. 

Offline I/O

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2014, 02:19:59 PM »
properly wine and dine the woman
Define properly?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:50:52 PM by I/O »

Offline jone

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 04:07:10 PM »
There is a balance between being a stooge and being greedy.  Not sure where the balance lies, but surely you can figure it out in person.  Or not.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 05:45:15 PM »
Define properly?

One flower would not meet my definition of proper. 

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 06:09:42 PM »
One flower would not meet my definition of proper.

Although we had only emailed a couple of times, and spoken on the phone once (she was very much a backup plan after my WOVO went awry in 2010), a woman whom I met in Kyiv was quite appreciative of the single flower which I gave her.  She told me that she was NOT a fan of flowers in general (Please note, guys, they don't ALL want bouquets!), but that a single flower in the circumstances of our meeting was quite appropriate.

A very nice lady, who didn't try to bleed me dry by taking me to the most expensive restaurant in Kyiv (we had a very nice dinner for about 200 UAH, from memory) and with whom I felt I had quite a bit in common.  However, her alcohol intake was rather more than I would have been comfortable with in a long-term relationship, so I had no regrets that I wouldn't see her again after I left the city.

Offline I/O

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 06:20:08 PM »
her alcohol intake was rather more than I would have been comfortable with in a long-term relationship
Lol, a p!sspot and tea totaller - man I'd've liked to've seen that..!! :ROFL:

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 06:26:48 PM »
Although we had only emailed a couple of times, and spoken on the phone once (she was very much a backup plan after my WOVO went awry in 2010), a woman whom I met in Kyiv was quite appreciative of the single flower which I gave her.  She told me that she was NOT a fan of flowers in general (Please note, guys, they don't ALL want bouquets!), but that a single flower in the circumstances of our meeting was quite appropriate.

A very nice lady, who didn't try to bleed me dry by taking me to the most expensive restaurant in Kyiv (we had a very nice dinner for about 200 UAH, from memory) and with whom I felt I had quite a bit in common.  However, her alcohol intake was rather more than I would have been comfortable with in a long-term relationship, so I had no regrets that I wouldn't see her again after I left the city.

Perhaps her way of saying that she would prefer a fifth of Scotch to a bouquet.  My attitude is that in love and war, the only way to proceed is all in.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 10:12:34 AM »
Just now looked in your thread here TR411...

You got a lot of heat from the crowd for your first OP...ha-hah! What's new, right?

Listen, to most, your thoughts would appear *elementary* but don't leave thinking your advice is not a good one. Even at the present time. I agree with the underlying message because believe or not, there are still many that actually *use* money and wealth in their pursuit of a woman's attention.

Cases in point:

Not too long ago, there was a wonderful FSUW who was kind enough to grace us with her presence. She gave the men a lot of wonderful rub-a-dub-dub insights into a FSUW's psyche, needs, desires and longing and how such a woman look upon the fairy tale dreams of meeting a western man, her MOB knight in spanking shiny armor-all.

Read that thread here: http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=15849.msg327453#msg327453 
(Please do take note of the adoring men's reaction to her wisdom).

Here's another recent story of an MOBer who wasn't shy to show *other evidences of his (the) feelings* MaryKugut would be proud: http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=16713.0

So you see, your effort, while may seem futile, obviously is not so for the *many*. They just pretend you're not talking to them  ;)
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 06:21:05 PM »
Lol, a p!sspot and tea totaller - man I'd've liked to've seen that..!! :ROFL:

Let's have a bit more respect for your elders, West Islander!  No, she wasn't a pisspot, but she did have about half a bottle of wine spread through the evening - every evening... :D  She must have liked me, because we had three dates - she could have just walked away after the first if she found my presence manliness too intimidating!  8)

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 06:22:45 PM »

Perhaps her way of saying that she would prefer a fifth of Scotch to a bouquet.  My attitude is that in love and war, the only way to proceed is all in.

Dunno about scotch, but she certainly likes red wine.  Somehow I don't think that we had time to get to the "love and war" part of the equation.

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 04:40:52 AM »
I would take whatever advice you may receive from that MOBer-in-denial with a grain of salt...
Don't you find it funny that he keeps calling everyone else old yet forgetting to mention he's no spring chicken himself.

Offline Drew

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
Sounds like good advice by the first poster, even if it is old news to more experienced folks.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 12:07:42 AM »
Sounds like good advice by the first poster, even if it is old news to more experienced folks.

Drew, nobody is arguing against it being good advice.  What is annoying to some is that it is identical to what has been written on this forum many times before, and which he could have found by searching for this particular topic.

Offline Gator

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2014, 08:51:40 AM »
Drew, nobody is arguing against it being good advice.  What is annoying to some is that it is identical to what has been written on this forum many times before, and which he could have found by searching for this particular topic.

Such advice bears repeating from time to time. 

The  RWD posters tend to be kind to the more humble new members.  Personally, I don't mind brashness if it is supported by logic if not facts.  We old timers certainly don't know everything. 

Offline AmberAzure

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2014, 04:17:50 AM »
The conclusion is clear - not to wrestle with whether a man loves Russian beauty or she loves his wullet - there is only a single way - to put in order their appearance. Become a sexually, irresistible man. And then women will lose their head is from you and not from economic indicators.

So, dear men, just go to dentistry, to plastic surgeons, stylists, make yourself very attractive.

It is unfair, but the fact remains - the love emerges only when there is a physical attractiveness.

Just as men do not see the beautiful qualities in plump women, also for women, whose facial features are far from ideal, as we are, ladies, fall in love, getting excited and wild with a damn charming and attractive men only.

Легче всего жаловаться на форуме, чем действительно пойти к хирургу, глазки увеличить, сделать красивый носик и мужественный подбородочек, зубки привести в порядочек. и она Вас полюбит, не сомневайтесь! А потом можно будет действительно наслаждаться любовью.  :)

Then any woman will keep even just a flower you gave her, in crystal box and carefully kiss it for the rest of her days. :)

Всем искренне желаю удачи.  :)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:19:46 AM by AmberAzure »

Offline Drew

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2014, 07:33:08 AM »
It is unfair, but the fact remains - the love emerges only when there is a physical attractiveness.

Just as men do not see the beautiful qualities in plump women, also for women, whose facial features are far from ideal, as we are, ladies, fall in love, getting excited and wild with a damn charming and attractive men only.

Amber, your words are simply not true.

Offline AmberAzure

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
Of course, I do not insist or persuade anyone to agree with me.
I am just firm in my opnion, as well as anyone has their thoughts about any thing.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:21:57 AM by AmberAzure »

Offline Drew

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2014, 11:40:54 AM »

I am just firm in my opinion, as well as anyone has their thoughts about any thing.

Understood, however one's continuing opinions and thoughts should not fly in the face of overwhelming contrary  evidence.

For thousands of years of recorded history, it has been demonstrated that women do fall in love with men who are not physically attractive.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2014, 12:33:11 PM »
Understood, however one's continuing opinions and thoughts should not fly in the face of overwhelming contrary  evidence.

For thousands of years of recorded history, it has been demonstrated that women do fall in love with men who are not physically attractive.
Not physically attractive to other men. ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Gator

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2014, 05:43:37 PM »

It happens but not so frequent.  Are you sure in your examples the women are in love

Enlightenment awaits you: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yfuNQQaitrE

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 01:43:58 PM »
Amber, your words are simply not true.

It's always worked for me..so seems reasonably accurate  :D

and i did take her post as a bit tongue in cheek

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »
I think there is a lot of truth in what Amber said but there are also a lot of other reasons women fall in love with a man.  A lot of money would be one.  In that case they fall in love with what he can provide, power is another big one and power comes in many forms.  Lots of rock stars have been really ugly but had no problem attracting women.  Being rugged or bad can be another.  Women are foolishly attracted to bad men and I can recall one guy I knew who wasn't handsome at all but was very rugged complete with a big scar on his face.  I noticed women paid a lot of attention to him.  Being a nice person can be another but it will usually provide the most appeal to intelligent women or those who have had their fill of bad men. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2377
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2363
Total: 2374

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM