It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Did you help to her financially?  (Read 51124 times)

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Re: Did you help to her financially?
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2006, 08:20:40 AM »
Wise words :-)  Mamma's are great!

Thank you Mamma D! :-)
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2006, 11:23:13 AM »
Wise words :-)  Mamma's are great!

Thank you Mamma D! :-)

that is why they call her "mamma."   Repeating, "Don't make her beg...just to feel superior to her."  One of the thoughts that I had when I asked the question, why send money to her if she does not need it? 

peewee

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2006, 04:36:09 PM »

WO, now you are trying to read into my message. That is Russian. No where did I say or suggest that I was better than you.

Peewee
Common, Peewee, it was a joke, may be the clumsy one.  ;D

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2006, 04:52:05 PM »
Are you a stay at home mom, by chance? If not, why?

Peewee
I’m not the person who you addressed with your question but I’d like to answer. I’m not a stay at home mom and the mane reason for that - I don’t like it. I was at home with my son for 2 years, I couldn’t wait for the end of it. It is boring it is degrading. I don’t want to be a woman whose main goal is to drive her kids from school to soccer or gymnastic club and cook dinner at night.  I want to have other goals as well. I want to learn things and make myself to move forward.

I said to you before that it was a joke. Now I’m not so sure. When I said that my boss is OK with being staying home dad, you were trying to belittle him. No real man would do that according to you. He is my boss, his income is higher than income of many men  on this board, but it happened that his wife earns more. Is it her fault? Isn’t it wiser for this family if he’d stay at home and she’d go back to work? Why this sort of decision will make him a Pussy?  Just read what you wrote about this possible situation. I definitely felt insulted.  From your point of view all what woman can do is to clean the house, go for groceries almost in her night gown and watch stupid shows on TV. Is that all? Am I not allowed to be a professional like you?

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2006, 06:05:30 PM »
Maybe if we do a massive write in campaign we can get Wild Orchid hired to be PeeWee's boss.  She needs a good executive position anyway.

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2006, 06:21:41 PM »
Maybe if we do a massive write in campaign we can get Wild Orchid hired to be PeeWee's boss.  She needs a good executive position anyway.
Nah…. I don’t like too much of responsibilities.  ;D

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2006, 06:31:31 PM »
Ah, you want something low key like being a stay at home mom.

It has been a long time since I read all the PR garbage from outfits like EC, AFA and the 10,000 more businesses trying to get rich of the MOB racket but don't they all say one of the great things about FSU women is they are so tradtional and thier big dream is of being good wives and mothers?

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2006, 06:38:58 PM »
Ah, you want something low key like being a stay at home mom.

It has been a long time since I read all the PR garbage from outfits like EC, AFA and the 10,000 more businesses trying to get rich of the MOB racket but don't they all say one of the great things about FSU women is they are so tradtional and thier big dream is of being good wives and mothers?
You confused me here. :-\ Just couple posts higher I said I don’t like to stay at home. AT ALL.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2006, 06:44:09 PM »
I know, I was just joking, since that is supposidly low pressure, just ask anyone who has never done it.

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2006, 08:49:24 PM »

Is there an opening for the the job of my boss? Why can't I apply for that job and be my boss? I would imagine that the job of Peewee's boss would pay big bucks.

Peewee

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2006, 08:50:40 PM »
Nah…. I don’t like too much of responsibilities.  ;D

Aw come on! It would be a good job for you.

Peewee

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2006, 08:52:52 PM »
Post the address PeeWee and we will all get a letter off.  Just remember if you get the job as your own boss you will really have to be on good behavior.  Slack off at all and you will have to fire yourself and that would really be hard to live down.  

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2006, 08:58:58 PM »
Post the address PeeWee and we will all get a letter off.  Just remember if you get the job as your own boss you will really have to be on good behavior.  Slack off at all and you will have to fire yourself and that would really be hard to live down.  

I fired myself once before. I have hung up on myself. I have put myself on ignore on the forum. I do know that I would be a challenge for me to manage me but I think I can handle me pretty well.

So it sounds like if I can talk both myself and Wild Orchid into appliyng for the job of boss of me then it would be me choosing the best man or woman for the job.

Peewee

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2006, 09:01:15 PM »
Women are hard to figure aren't they.  One page and they want to learn and grow and have challenging carrers and the next page they don't want any responsibilies.  Now we know why the book Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars was written.  And women wonder why we can't understand them.  

Well we could try to have a campaign to have wild Orchid promoted to be her own boss but since her boss makes less than his wife, maybe we should campaign to get her the bosses wifes job.  Then again, perhaps Wild Orchid makes more then her boss anyway.  After all she has to do the work the boss only has to sit there and watch her work hard.

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2006, 09:30:36 PM »
Women are hard to figure aren't they.  One page and they want to learn and grow and have challenging carrers and the next page they don't want any responsibilies.  

Let me say I don’t like to be in charge of other people. I tried in 6-th grade, failed it completely, it was a total nightmare, never done it again. I am not cut out that way. But I do like to learn new stuff, I’ve never been anywhere longer than for 3 years and my jobs were not related to my education  at all. It was hard and challenging and I was enjoying it. Now I’m in the industry slightly related to chemistry. Don’t understand sometimes what is said to me, but it doesn’t matter, it is a lot of fun.

My boss... you are almost right about him ;D, his wife is grate though. I think if they won't have a baby very soon they might relocate to US. Our previous GM went to Salt Lake.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2006, 09:39:18 PM »
Hummm, you don't like to be in charge of other people.  I am tired and ready to go to bed.  I am afraid I might say something here I will regret later and I am really for the most part not talking about anything to do with sex or the like. 

I will behave myself and just say I am not sure if you are married but being a rw if you are not married I am sure you will become an expert at being in charge of someone when you get married.

Most people seem to like to be in charge of other people but I think some just get a little scared off by it. 

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2006, 09:48:48 PM »
I am married I have a son who is almost 18, I can be bossy at home, but we were talking about work, weren’t we?

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2006, 09:56:12 PM »
I am married I have a son who is almost 18, I can be bossy at home, but we were talking about work, weren’t we?

I thought that it was a given that RW are bossy at home. Are you here to tell me that they are not that way at work?

Peewee

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2006, 10:56:36 PM »
I thought that it was a given that RW are bossy at home. Are you here to tell me that they are not that way at work?

Peewee
Do I know all of them?  I should put it as my signature - We are not the same! Do not generalize!

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »
I was asking the same question time after time, but nobody wants to answer.
I do understand DonaZ case, who spent a lot of time with his girlfriend and asked her to quit, because he wanted her to be with him bot working somewhere for peanuts.... But this sort of situation doesn't hapen too often. Why does she have to quit her job months and months before her departure to prepare herself for trip to another country? Pteparing how? Doing what?

Wild Orchid,

This was not the case with us but I have heard of many who want her to spend a great deal of time learning English (or what ever language they need to learn) and also to spend a lot of time with her family and friends.

Elena worked up until the week before she left because she wanted to and because they need her as long as she was able to.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Did you help to her financially?
« Reply #195 on: December 25, 2020, 03:56:19 PM »
I paid for English lessons, paperwork charges, fees for professional
translations of docs, wedding rings, and various assorted things.
I never sent an allowance or money without a specific purpose.

I did send her as much as 50% more than she needed a few times
and she had not spent a single kopeck of the extra.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #196 on: December 25, 2020, 04:35:22 PM »
My now wife came here on a Student Visa.
She paid for everything to get here and her school expenses while here.
But she saved a lot on housing and food, since she was living with me !!
And she didn't have to pay for sex either, just because I am generous (or not greedy in FSU talk).
Now I am charging her for housing, food and sex.  Putting it on her accounts payable, to be paid later when she finishes her PhD.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1869
Total: 1880

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM