It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Getting Married in Krasnoyarsk (How to marry in Russia?)  (Read 4279 times)

Offline seanconneryii

Getting Married in Krasnoyarsk (How to marry in Russia?)
« on: August 01, 2007, 09:32:57 AM »
I would like to marry my Russian fiancee in her home city of Krasnoyarsk in Russia. It seems that I must first go to Moscow and fill out a Marriage Letter affidavit and have it notarized at the US Embassy. Then I have to take this letter to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be authenticated, which takes 5 days.

Then I have to go to Krasnoyarsk to file for a marriage at the Palace of Marriage (ZAGS) and then wait 32 days to get married. Can I get a waiver of the 32 days wait period to get married?

This whole process seems like a lot to do, and a long time to do it, for a marriage in Russia. Not to mention, very expensive!

Can anyone tell me if I can expedite this process and how to do so? Can I get the Marriage Letter affidavit taken care of in the USA through the US State Department and the Russian Embassy in Washington, DC? This would eliminate the extra trip to Moscow.

Also, it seems that ZAGS requires all of my documents (birth certificate, divorce paper, etc. ) to have an "apostile" stamp to authenticate the papers. What exactly is this apostile stamp and how do I get it on my documents?

Any help, advice or information is greatly appreciated!

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10

Offline ecr844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: Resident
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 10:08:33 AM by ecr844 »

Offline seanconneryii

Re: Getting Married in Krasnoyarsk (How to marry in Russia?)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
Thanks to all for the information in reply to my question about marrying in Russia.

I have a follow-up question. Is it possible to prepare the Marriage Letter and get it notarized at the US State Dept or Immigration office in Washington, DC and then have the Russian Embassy in Washington, DC authenticate it (apostillize). My fiancee asked her local ZAGS office and it seems this might be possible. This would eliminate my need to go to Moscow prior to going to my fiancee's city to get married.

Has anyone done this or know anything about it?

Thanks again!

Offline sathi231

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 01:09:07 AM »
Can any one kindly let know the website of Krasnoyarsk Zags, Or their phone no. Fax no. or Email??

Thanks so much.

Offline STaty

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Actions speak louder than words

Offline oso

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 06:41:48 AM »
A "apostile" is like a International notary stamp...It is issued at the state level where the document originated from. So if some of your documents are from Calif, and some from NY you have a little footwork. In some states it is issued by Secretary of State, in others it is called the Office of the Great Seal. And when you get the seal, tell them it is for Russia.

I was married in Ukraine...I know we are talking apples and oranges. Ukraine Zags did not like my divorce.... It was not a certificate of divorce....It was a divorce decree....Maybe something to check out before you jump through the hoops...
Good luck

Offline Wayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 10:04:05 AM »
Most likely you would fly through Moscow to get to Krasnoyarsk. You would probably be on Krasnoyarsk Airlines.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541382
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2508
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2498
Total: 2508

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill