It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 455940 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1125 on: March 23, 2020, 04:25:51 AM »
Boe, Moobs mother can't recall any injustice on my part towards her so I don't know why you should ;D

It gets 'better' ..

Now I'm batting for SC here, our Moobs is acting anything less than a man and we're trying to make him shape up. The fact that apparently she did not want to live with Mobe & her MIL is not a good sign for him. We're trying to help save our Moobs relationship :)

1/ I 'missed' asking for your 'advice'

2/ You are THE last person I'd ask 'advice' on relationships from, anyway..

3/  I wasn't aware our relationship was in crisis ...  :popcorn:

Anyway, a major investment opportunity came our way, this am

Invest in a Russian Airline UTAIR and getup to 10 percent return and lots of free air miles

"Utair and BCS offer to use an investment product with a cute cashback.

Invest from 10 to 500 thousand rubles with a guaranteed yield of 10% and get up to 15 thousand bonus miles to your Utair Status account.

BCS will not only help to save funds and earn money on them, but also teach investing. At your service:

free courses and tests;
trading simulator for practice.
Start investing and learn right now!"

We can own a RU airline !

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 04:32:43 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1126 on: March 23, 2020, 04:53:36 AM »
It gets 'better' ..

1/ I 'missed' asking for your 'advice'

2/ You are THE last person I'd ask 'advice' on relationships from, anyway..

3/  I wasn't aware our relationship was in crisis ...  :popcorn:

Anyway, a major investment opportunity came our way, this am

Invest in a Russian Airline UTAIR and getup to 10 percent return and lots of free air miles

"Utair and BCS offer to use an investment product with a cute cashback.

Invest from 10 to 500 thousand rubles with a guaranteed yield of 10% and get up to 15 thousand bonus miles to your Utair Status account.

BCS will not only help to save funds and earn money on them, but also teach investing. At your service:

free courses and tests;
trading simulator for practice.
Start investing and learn right now!"

We can own a RU airline !

Mobe, I do hope you are joking about the investment 'opportunity'. Most airlines could go bust in all of this and even if it survives being Russian you could be done out of your investment at any time.

Anyway, I'm glad you appreciate the time I spend trying to help you out in your relationship :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #1127 on: March 23, 2020, 05:27:49 AM »

Thank you, (to both of you ) for applying, but on this occasion you have been unsuccessful..

Trench, I'm as likely to invest in UTAir as take your 'relationship advice'... :popcorn:

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1128 on: March 23, 2020, 05:51:41 AM »
What RIDICULOUS t'heory'... There are plenty of other  countries more tied to Chinese infrastructure projects with less problems with this outbreak.

China was WAY ahead to the other EU nations in nanking China flights.

Of course, it looks like this virus jumped into humans in China....but believing it was a deliberate act?....

Quit being such a moron. I know how hard that is for you but at least try to comprehend what you read. There was no mention of deliberate act or "nanking" flights. Iran and Italy have been hit exceptionally hard and this arrangement with China and interaction with China is very likely the reason. It is a theory. Douche

Offline msmob

« Reply #1129 on: March 23, 2020, 06:06:08 AM »
Quit being such a moron. I know how hard that is for you but at least try to comprehend what you read. There was no mention of deliberate act or "nanking" flights. Iran and Italy have been hit exceptionally hard and this arrangement with China and interaction with China is very likely the reason. It is a theory. Douche

Repeating daft, doesn't make your original statement any less 'intelligent'

1/ Italy is not 'tied' to or reliant on China, like possibly Iran  ...

2/ Italy has it bad - despite being the first nation to stop China flights amongst any EU nation

A 'moron', to most people, is someone who resorts to call name-calling when called out ... 

Your 'theory' (and source to 'support it ) fell at the first test ..

I'd be ensuring your govt wakes up to it's obligations - rather than 'blame games' ..

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1130 on: March 23, 2020, 06:26:08 AM »
Holy Cracker Jack! Batman!

~ Israeli medical doctor Gai Peleg told Israeli television that in northern Italy the orders are not to allow those over 60 access to respiratory machines. ~

http://m.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856/amp

...and yet-

“..
Roma Today reported on Saturday that two men went out to sell drugs. Others have written they went out for “love” so that they could meet their partners, and two women wrote they were visiting their elderly and sick aunt, who turned out to be a healthy woman in her 40s. Others said they were going to work, when in fact they were meeting friends for a game of cards...”

Caution: Leftish media - Guardian

http://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/23/this-is-not-a-film-italian-mayors-rage-coronavirus-lockdown-dodgers
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:30:34 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1131 on: March 23, 2020, 06:39:52 AM »
The news about the triage process in crisis situations in Lombardy is 'old' ... Your source just picked up on it ...   There'll be the same choices in the UK / US, soon - unless enough trained staff and ventilators are available

There are 'dodgers' who think themselves immune in Italy, France, Spain ... haven't you read of the large numbers of people already cited ?

Offline Gator

« Reply #1132 on: March 23, 2020, 07:26:29 AM »

I do not have Dr in front of my name. Does 'Trampu'? ))

Nothing inconsistent on my part.   

As I said,

To be candid I focus on information from those with the letters "DR" in front of their names.  I tune out paid opinion analysts (ed. on both CNN and Fox).

When BC criticized Trump's communication skills, I wrote:

I understand your point, yet are you missing a more important point:  namely, all those professionals standing behind Trump during his press conferences. They are the ones executing the team effort, with Trump resolving conflicts.     IMO the team seems especially solid.   

Trump gives us an overall perspective.  You and BC abhor the man, so you automatically reject what he says.  Meanwhile, you may be overlooking the many, enormous wheels of the Federal government now rolling in a super crisis mode:

-  Health (FDA, CDC, NIH, USPHS and others), 
     -  logistics (FEMA),
     -  economic (Treasury, Fed),
     -  homeland security,
     -  legislative,
     -  blah blah. 

Its complicated, and I do not pretend to grasp all, or even most. 

Another point, Federalism.  Moby, you are not American and do not grasp electoral college, etc.     Under Federalism,  the actions on the frontlines of the health war battles are the responsibility of state and local government, not the Federal government.     

This reflects the fact that the actions needed in West Virginia differ from New York City.  Who better to decide than the states and local governments?  The state governors control and can call up the National Guard.  The Federal Government's historic response has been funding, regulatory (e. g., FDA) , and research.   

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1133 on: March 23, 2020, 07:53:38 AM »
a year from now...

B.C. will mean “Before Carona”
but A.D. is still gonna mean “After Death”
ours...

our sweet Carona, is never gonna leave us folks....
us geezers are the ones who are gonna leave instead...
and pretty soon now...

Italy has already declared their hospitals don’t have the resources to treat those over age 60, so as of today they stopped...

understand...

in Italy, if you are over age 60, covid is a death sentence now...

we’ll be doing that in the USA at the end of next month...

and still....
this is only the beginning “of the first peak”
and we are still a long way, many months, from the top of this peak...

FT, my previous post regarding model predictions are based on predicted reported cases not total pool of infected, no one has any idea about that....
if we had enough test kits, we could test say 100,000 random people and see what the real infection level is, which I estimate to be be about 500,000 and doubling every 3 to 4 days

so geezers, it's gonna come down to this....
sometime by the end of next year, all geezers are gonna have had carona at LEAST once....
and the immunity you got from that year, if you were lucky enough to survive without medical care will be be mostly gone 3 years later
and you can catch the next one just as easily as anyone else

carona will be with us FOREVER

influenza infected 50 million in USA last year...
in a few years carona will rise to this level

so geezers...
how much time do you think the WORLD has left?
not just YOUR tiny little world, I mean THE WORLD?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:09:57 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1134 on: March 23, 2020, 08:13:33 AM »

so geezers...
how much time do you think the WORLD has left?
not just YOUR tiny little world, I mean THE WORLD?

The world will survive, with the top of the animal kingdom manned by cockroaches. 

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1135 on: March 23, 2020, 08:17:29 AM »
Repeating daft, doesn't make your original statement any less 'intelligent'

1/ Italy is not 'tied' to or reliant on China, like possibly Iran  ...

2/ Italy has it bad - despite being the first nation to stop China flights amongst any EU nation

A 'moron', to most people, is someone who resorts to call name-calling when called out ... 

Your 'theory' (and source to 'support it ) fell at the first test ..

I'd be ensuring your govt wakes up to it's obligations - rather than 'blame games' ..

No, a moron is someone such as yourself who has zero comprehensive skills. You were given information as to a theory and a) failed to read it or b) read it and failed to comprehend what you read.

There were no blame games. You're making shit up again. Just a connection to China and the other two countries that are having the toughest battle presently against the virus.  Me, I just call them like I see them. You Moobs are a moron in the first order

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1136 on: March 23, 2020, 08:19:20 AM »

This is not the time to get back at anybody, deserved or undeserved.

People who live in glass houses should cease throwing stones. Moby does not get a free pass to insult people with the belief we should shut our mouths and feel sorry for him since he screwed up getting his wife home. He claims to be an expert on everything because he talked to experts on everything yet he can't figure out to keep his family together. He needs to get his house in order before telling us how the world's problems should be solved.

This reflects the fact that the actions needed in West Virginia differ from New York City.  Who better to decide than the states and local governments?  The state governors control and can call up the National Guard.  The Federal Government's historic response has been funding, regulatory (e. g., FDA) , and research.   

Every leader, local, state, and at the federal level knew Trump banned travel from China in January. They knew about virus in China and it could spread. They knew some of the people in their cities and states came from China during the outbreak. Now some of those leaders complain their hospitals don't have supplies to fight the virus when they have their own health departments full of experts that should monitor the situation, could've warned them so that they could take early action. Maybe they were warned by their experts and they failed to act. They are supposed to be leaders yet they blame Trump for their failure to lead. My State was much better prepared than NY and my State and local government closing schools, buying hotels and supplies did not need Trump's permission to do so.

Although Italy is getting the lion's share of attention, there are nations that have a higher ratio of infections among their population Italy. They are Switzerland, Luxembourg, Iceland, Andorra, Faeroe Islands, Liechtenstein, Vatican City, and San Marino tops everybody with one out of 181 of their citizens being infected.

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Harvey Weinstein must've been kissing on some prisoners and now is infected with the virus. He was in the hellhole called Rikers in NY and 40 inmates there are infected. I wonder if a prisoner showed him how a prison mob handle feels?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/harvey-weinstein-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-in-ny-state-prison-convicted-producer-in-isolation/ar-BB11xZf5?ocid=spartanntp

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1137 on: March 23, 2020, 08:22:41 AM »
Nothing inconsistent on my part.   

As I said,

When BC criticized Trump's communication skills, I wrote:

Trump gives us an overall perspective.  You and BC abhor the man, so you automatically reject what he says.  Meanwhile, you may be overlooking the many, enormous wheels of the Federal government now rolling in a super crisis mode:

-  Health (FDA, CDC, NIH, USPHS and others), 
     -  logistics (FEMA),
     -  economic (Treasury, Fed),
     -  homeland security,
     -  legislative,
     -  blah blah. 

This list of 'Trampu's' fails re action are clear ... his 'policy' ( tweets / speeches ) are constantly 'clarified' by his advisers .. !

Another point, Federalism.  Moby, you are not American and do not grasp electoral college, etc.     

I understand its pitfalls, very well ...  You ( and others who party have lost but 'won' ) choose to ignore them ..

Under Federalism,  the actions on the frontlines of the health war battles are the responsibility of state and local government, not the Federal government.     

Once again, I DO understand and have watched a 'federal' Europe react at different speeds / differing policy ..these are now excuses as the virus isn't respecting frontiers

Your man ( and 'ours' to a much lessor extent) have not learnt the lessons of nations who are ahead re numbers .. 

There's nothing wrong with optimism ... but giving false hope is a mugs game

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1138 on: March 23, 2020, 08:30:46 AM »
People who live in glass houses should cease throwing stones. Moby does not get a free pass to insult people with the belief we should shut our mouths and feel sorry for him since he screwed up getting his wife home. He claims to be an expert on everything because he talked to experts on everything yet he can't figure out to keep his family together. He needs to get his house in order before telling us how the world's problems should be solved...

Considering your profession (construction), I am surprised with this post. Where I came from, there's no redeeming value in letting a leaky faucet to perpetually drip. Each ensuing drip is exactly like 'Drip Zero'. I recognize that on the onset, and just fixed the leak and moved on. Why continue to listen and watch the leaky faucet?
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1139 on: March 23, 2020, 08:44:58 AM »
my dearest dumb phuques,
your delusion that obedience to sociopathological elites serve your self-interests
is about to FINALLY be over with...

the Titanic is sinking...
the captain wants the first class passengers to have access to the life boats FIRST...
and then after those passengers cast away
the few remaining boats will be given to the second class passengers...
i.e. YOU!!
everyone else can enjoy a free swim in the North Sea

seriously, you guys still don't "get it" yet?
by the end of this coming weekend, we will have more cases than China....
do you have any idea what this means what the end of freaking July is gonna look like here?
especially in dense, urban areas like NYC, etc.....

do you understand what happens when a highly interconnected economy breaks?
it turns into a long, long, line of dominoes.....
and the first one that falls bumps into the second one and it falls and bumps into the next one and it falls...

sometime this week, maybe today, or tomorrow, the DOW will be down by 50% from say 3 months ago.....
and we are at the very, very, very, early, beginning of the new AD era....
this is like year zero, month 1....
understand now...

do you have any idea of how you will be able to survive in this world, say by the year 10 AD?
I don't...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:01:25 PM by krimster2 »

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1140 on: March 23, 2020, 08:48:48 AM »
Hi guys,

I noticed a lot of political talk here, as it seems to be for most topics.   Anyway, for a change of pace, some news on my end about coronavirus testing:

I live in Massachusetts with a pretty good healthcare insurance through work.  I recently traveled, and I returned from Germany on March 8.

On March 12 I developed a sore throat, and a few days later runny nose.  I called my doctor's office on Monday, March 16, to see if I should come in and get tested/treated.  They advised me, because my symptoms didn't include a fever and shortness of breath, to stay home and call back if it got worse.

I actually got better.  No more sore throat and just a bit of runny nose.  But I want to get tested just to see if I had it or if I am still in risk of getting it later.  So I called the doctor's office today, updating them of my status.  When I asked to get tested, they gave me a triage number to call.  I called that number just now, and the nurse asked a set of screening questions.  I didn't qualify to get tested.  The nurse told me to self isolate for 14 days or until I am symptom free.

There is a shortage of test kits, and only those that pass screening are allowed to be tested.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1141 on: March 23, 2020, 08:58:50 AM »
Why continue to listen and watch the leaky faucet?

In my house, I can fix a leaky faucet so I don't have to listen and watch it. I do not have plumber's powers on this forum to fix anything.

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

Our Head Doctor, the Surgeon General, said we were two weeks behind Italy and we are coming to the second half of our 15 days to stop the spread and this week will be the worst so we all have to act like we have the virus and avoid other people. He also said over half of NY's infected are people under 50. Got to tell those youngsters to quit playing outside.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-week-its-going-to-get-bad-surgeon-general-says-people-need-to-take-coronavirus-seriously/ar-BB11zSNN?ocid=spartanntp

There is a shortage of test kits, and only those that pass screening are allowed to be tested.

There are enough test kits for those who pass the screening questions. Most of the symptoms people have are from flus and colds. We do not need to waste precious test kits on those illnesses. Contrary to popular belief, most people infected with coronavirus need to stay at home and not take a bed in a hospital. Only those with serious and critical conditions need the hospital beds and respirators. Eventually enough companies will make enough test kits for all Americans and people of the world to where we can test at home to quickly identify those who are infected and remove them from the general population. This will take months, if not years to accomplish. Another method which will take a few months but not years is doing a Chinese style lockdown which will be unpleasant but more effective. The problem is the virus can enter into the country and begin it's spread again. We will have periods of economic progress and periods of economic hardships causing a yo yo effect. We need to practice washing hands more often, social distancing and other modifications of behavior until we can rid this virus from every human body.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1142 on: March 23, 2020, 09:00:11 AM »
did you know that 1/4 of common colds are from another kind of caronavirus...
so your recent cold may have been one of those!
a cousin of covid-19

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1143 on: March 23, 2020, 09:02:31 AM »
I am wondering how accurately Covid-19 can be tracked if only the most common symptoms qualify for testing?  Not 100% of those who has Covid-19 has the fever and shortness of breath.

If screening is required, then there are not enough test kits, as it shows that testing is being rationed.

Offline ML

« Reply #1144 on: March 23, 2020, 09:07:37 AM »
I’m partly listening to the whole session but what was the part where they discussed about a woman who was tortured that prompted Trump to remarked, something to the effect, “she’s ok now, but they did everything to her without killing her!”

What was that about?

I heard it also.  Apparently some AW was being held and tortured by someone in another country.  Don't know any of the details, but I would suspect something like a Muslim woman (with USA citizenship or permanent residency) being tortured by her own relatives for dishonoring the family or some such.  Could also be related to some forced drug running activity.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1145 on: March 23, 2020, 09:08:56 AM »
the only way to track it without massive testing
is by modeling...
we've been studying this problem mathematically for over a century...
we can infer the size of the infected in the USA based on its R0 and daily growth rate
many will not be symptomatic and will be out in public, the reported number of infections will be above 100,000 by this coming Sunday night
but ten times this number will actually be harboring the virus by then. or an even million
and a few days later, this will double and then again and again
and in the following weeks more than 5% of the entire country is infected...
and we still haven't hit the FIRST PEAK!!!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:18:27 AM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1146 on: March 23, 2020, 09:20:08 AM »
I am wondering how accurately Covid-19 can be tracked if only the most common symptoms qualify for testing?  Not 100% of those who has Covid-19 has the fever and shortness of breath.

Most people calling for a free test can speak on the phone fine, don't need a test and don't need a hospital bed. Anybody that's ill do need self isolation and that can happen in their own home. If someone is having a hard time breathing, they need to go to the emergency room and be seen right away regardless if it's pneumonia developing from a bacterial infection, flu or COVID-19. I got a call from the VA hospital yesterday saying anybody without an appointment will be turned away but if it's an emergency, they will be accepted into the hospital. Although people calling for a test will feel neglected and mad because they were refused a test, the actions done by hospitals are not only done to ration test kits but to reduce the load on medical personnel who should not be wasting time testing all of America when they should be focusing on people who need medical attention right now. No country in the world can win the war in one battle. It's got to happen in stages and the next stage we should be better prepared in reducing the size and scope of the next outbreak.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1147 on: March 23, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »

If screening is required, then there are not enough test kits, as it shows that testing is being rationed.

I agree with you. This is something I am having a difficult time agreeing to despite understanding what the logic behind it is. Care takers and first responders need to be tested, including those who are symptomatic with underlying health condition. I fully subscribe to this..

Coronavirus.gov

What I am disagreeing with is, if this is what should apply to everyone, then I can't help but wonder how NBA players, even those who tells you openly they aren't suffering any symptoms, are able to get tested? Granted they have their own medical teams, and have the resource to acquire appropriate testing, but then you're getting into the whole 'class' warfare classification again.

This isn't just a US situation either.

FWIW. So far, despite the restricted testing protocol. The rate of infection through these test is only yielding a 10% infection.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:24:51 AM by GQBlues »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1148 on: March 23, 2020, 09:27:23 AM »
In my house, I can fix a leaky faucet so I don't have to listen and watch it. I do not have plumber's powers on this forum to fix anything...

Of course you do.

Offline ML

« Reply #1149 on: March 23, 2020, 09:29:04 AM »
Any testing only covers up to the current point.

Like STDs, etc., people think a partner is safe because he/she tested negative. 
Well that was only up to the point of blood being withdrawn.

Anyone testing negative, can actually be positive one day, one hour, one minute later.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541430
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2041
Total: 2050

+-Recent Posts

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by krimster2
Today at 08:03:06 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat