It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My view of the war  (Read 242611 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
My view of the war
« Reply #1025 on: April 08, 2016, 10:35:38 AM »
Now that winter is winding down in Ukraine, it would seem that the Seperatists are become more active.  I have attached a website that monitors the Social Media reports of incidents in Eastern Ukraine. 

www.liveuamap.com

It bears noting that two months ago the map was basically empty.  Now it reports heavy engagement.  Looks like Putin's proxy war is heating up again.

It has not exactly  been quiet-  more Russians killed in March than in any previous month.
Some "new"tactics learnt fro Ukraine's western allies have been used to good effect. The better training ( & experience gathered) is proving very effective and is saving good Ukrainians
 lives.
Ukrainian morale is good and the troops more confident. Russian morale is not good as troops now understand they are fighting a determined Ukraine.Reports of Russian troops refusing to go and fight in Ukraine are  increasing-- and makes one wonder how long Putin can persist.
I have said from day 1-- if Ukraine had access to western technology of defensive weapons they could push the Russians out of Ukraine without western ground troops being needed.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
My view of the war
« Reply #1026 on: April 08, 2016, 10:50:57 AM »
I have said from day 1-- if Ukraine had access to western technology of defensive weapons they could push the Russians out of Ukraine without western ground troops being needed.

Shameful we have failed them in this. Instead we flood weapons and funds into countries that despise us.

Offline JayH

My view of the war
« Reply #1027 on: April 08, 2016, 11:03:25 AM »
Shameful we have failed them in this. Instead we flood weapons and funds into countries that despise us.

Everyone that comes to Ukraine feels like that. I am referring to the now many military from an "ärmy"of nations that have helped with training and advice. They see how bravely the Ukrainians have fought and with how little compared to the "might"of the Russian military.
Ukraine has been able to develop and improve some weapons themselves that have impressed the western advisors with their effectiveness.
The western  advisors  training has given the Ukrainians a new confidence and  some new tactics in the east that have been quite successful recently-- and they now have the Russians very jumpy.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
My view of the war
« Reply #1028 on: April 08, 2016, 11:05:55 AM »
It has not exactly  been quiet-  more Russians killed in March than in any previous month.
Some "new"tactics learnt fro Ukraine's western allies have been used to good effect. The better training ( & experience gathered) is proving very effective and is saving good Ukrainians
 lives.
Ukrainian morale is good and the troops more confident. Russian morale is not good as troops now understand they are fighting a determined Ukraine.Reports of Russian troops refusing to go and fight in Ukraine are  increasing-- and makes one wonder how long Putin can persist.

I would be interested in seeing your figures and your source.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline JayH

My view of the war
« Reply #1029 on: April 08, 2016, 11:09:56 AM »

Given that my posts with the links get deleted-you will need to look in other places.

Offline JayH

My view of the war
« Reply #1030 on: April 08, 2016, 11:12:56 AM »
Given that my posts with the links get deleted-you will need to look in other places.

I forgot to add- that apart from being modded-I am also under threat of being banned for commenting on this.

Offline AnonMod

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
My view of the war
« Reply #1031 on: April 08, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »
You are not moderated for providing links.  You are moderated for cutting and pasting reams of text from those links, contrary to forum policy. 

This post is for clarification.  Not for commentary or argument.
This account does NOT accept PM's. If you need to contact the RWD Staff, please use the 'Report to moderator' link.

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #1032 on: April 08, 2016, 01:38:28 PM »

You are not moderated for providing links.  You are moderated for cutting and pasting reams of text from those links, contrary to forum policy. 

Sounds like fiction....you have been given a reasonable question regarding a 'fact' you stated, so lets see your source!

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline David1963

• Trips: 4 - 10
My view of the war
« Reply #1033 on: April 09, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »
Igor, I wish you luck and safety. You can take pride in the nobility of your service.  :clapping:

I would like to second this ^^^

I know this occupation from Russia will be around for awhile but I do hope it will end at some point.  This will make Ukraine stronger and more independent for surviving.

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • Helping People Understand Each Other
  • Trips: Resident
My view of the war
« Reply #1034 on: April 10, 2016, 12:11:20 PM »
What particular training did you receive?
Not much. Basically, I learned how to shoot and handle the rifle. I was a border guard and we did not have time for training, there was always a job to do... What we did did not require much training, just plenty of time and attention.

If you wander thru Cherkasy sometime next winter stop by for a piva or 3!
Deal!

Now, use that AK-47 on all the thieves in the Rada.
You are reading my mind.
Igor Kalinin
Ukraine Guide Interpreter

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • Helping People Understand Each Other
My view of the war
« Reply #1035 on: April 15, 2016, 12:57:10 PM »
A couple of days ago I was formally discharged from the Ukrainian Army (on the 12th of April) and all I needed to do was to register at the military registration and enlistment office. I did that yesterday. So I am quite free from now on. I can travel anywhere and have a lot of free time. Not that I have nothing to do. I do have a job as a city tour guide giving tours to people around Odessa a few days a week but it does not take a lot of my time yet. Summer is coming though...
Igor Kalinin
Ukraine Guide Interpreter

Offline AkMike

My view of the war
« Reply #1036 on: April 15, 2016, 01:20:59 PM »
Dyakuyu for your service to Ukraine in their time of need Igor!  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Offline BillyB

My view of the war
« Reply #1037 on: April 15, 2016, 01:36:56 PM »

Welcome back Igor and best wishes on a smooth transition into civilian life.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
My view of the war
« Reply #1038 on: April 15, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »
Stirlitz, you look glorious in your uniform. 

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
Re: My view of the war
« Reply #1039 on: July 16, 2017, 08:06:19 AM »

No, you hadn't won the war.  Iran won, as the Sunni minority that ruled Iraq was replaced by an Iranian friendly Shia PM who routinely dismissed Sunni minority concerns.  That is why many Sunnis support, or, at a minimum, are indifferent to ISIS.

I doubt it was PNAC's intention for thousands of Americans to die in order to bolster Iran's desire to be a regional power.

Interesting article in the NYT that underscores this point, plus Iran's growing influence in the region.

Sow the wind, reap a whirlwind.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/15/world/middleeast/iran-iraq-iranian-power.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1938
Total: 1946

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 28, 2024, 09:44:27 AM