It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Economic Situation Where You Are  (Read 17903 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Economic Situation Where You Are
« on: January 23, 2021, 06:53:04 PM »
Thought this should be an interesting thread as pretty much all countries will face changing economic circumstances over the coming year(s) likely more so than in previous years. That can of course impact a western guys ability to look for a FSW in the FSU or it may make the country the WM is in more or less desirable for FSW to want to up sticks and go there. That said places like Ukraine look to be set to be in for a hard economic knock in the coming few years but sometimes there is no telling and a country that is poor can do better than expected gaining where other countries lose out. If of course countries like Ukraine, Russia get hit hard then that can motivate a lot of women to look for a guy abroad in a more prosperous country.

Italy of course looks to be one country in for a rough ride, traditionally a country that attracts a lot of FSW but now has a debt level that the gov looks like they will struggle with and may become another Greece crises but this time too big to save. That will of course likely scare off FSW as they won't want to go from one clapped out economy to another one much the same or even worse with everything falling apart.

Here in the UK there will be a need to address the big extra spend out due to the Virus probably fast. The Budget is due in April and if we are to avoid becoming swamped with too much debt taxes etc will almost certainly have to be raised. The situation here though is likely to be reversable whereas Italy look already too far gone and there it just seems like a waiting game. So the UK could be quite an attractive prospect for FSW to look for a WM if it can stay on top of things economically. Recently Nissan have confirmed that they are going to keep their Sunderland plant and not only that but add a battery factory for its electric cars to it. Post Brexit good news like that tells me there is go in the country and so we could remain relatively prosperous.

One area of contention of late though has been people in the UK buying goods from the EU, both suppliers and customers. Some have failed to realise that goods that have come from outside the EU into the EU and then sold onto UK customers/suppliers incur customs duties. It's only goods made in the EU and sold onto the UK that don't and of course the same works in reverse of goods coming into the UK then sold into the EU that aren't produced here incurring customs duties. I don't see that as a big thing that will effect the economy though more of an aspect that will need more specific labeling and gotten used to by respective citizens. In general I think the new status quo will make Britain somewhere where a lot of FSW will admire and set above the EU nations as a preferable place to find a guy in future years.

How about you other guys, is your nation likely to be economically well off enough in the next few years so as to not be off concern moving there for FSW?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: The Economic Situation Where You Are
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 08:00:34 PM »
Not sure i'd want to bring a woman over here because she believes it's economically better than where she is now...good chance she'll be off like a shot on the arm of another guy who's driving a DB9  if she gets the chance,and take half your house off you as a bonus.

According to our Chancellor we're heading for our worst recession/depression in the UK for 300 years,so maybe you need to use your wit,style and charm and find a wealthy woman in eastern Europe who doesn't need to come to the UK to use you as a stepping stone to trading-up.

When the going gets tough the tough get going,so start hitting those Art Galleries,Opera Houses and classical concerts once the Pandemic is over..here and in Eastern Europe  8)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 08:05:33 PM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 08:59:44 PM »
USA will be in for a rough time; but we will be much better off than most other countries of the world, regardless of which party is in power.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 12:29:18 AM »
Not sure i'd want to bring a woman over here because she believes it's economically better than where she is now...good chance she'll be off like a shot on the arm of another guy who's driving a DB9  if she gets the chance,and take half your house off you as a bonus.

Trenchies worst nightmare.... :devil:
Otherwise, TC, your post is simply a rehash of how you can use (you wish) economic leverage to get ‘them pore wimmin’

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 12:54:41 PM »
Both the industries I work in are booming. Financially i’ve never been in a better position.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 05:37:32 PM »
Trenchies worst nightmare.... :devil:
Otherwise, TC, your post is simply a rehash of how you can use (you wish) economic leverage to get ‘them pore wimmin’

Yes I wish to follow in your footsteps JG, I truely honour you :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline fathertime

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 07:26:32 PM »
Both the industries I work in are booming. Financially i’ve never been in a better position.
Here in California I'm seeing a lot more wealth/spending then I would have expected, given the harder times.  My industry is doing well, in addition many people with small businesses have more time to devote to the business due to other travel and leisure options being cut off. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Davo

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 08:56:05 PM »
Here in California I'm seeing a lot more wealth/spending then I would have expected, given the harder times.  My industry is doing well, in addition many people with small businesses have more time to devote to the business due to other travel and leisure options being cut off. 

Fathertime!

In my business i’m reaping the rewards of stimulus spending in the US and at home. The other company I work for, it’s been due to a good agricultural season and changes in tax policy re :- being able to depreciate new machinery over a shorter period of time. Agricultural machinery sales have tripled nation wide over the past year.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 11:04:41 PM by Davo »

Offline GenMish

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 06:19:51 AM »
Here in the US, construction is still going strong in my area. So Im doing fine, My sister got laid off from a a major entertainment company, but she already has offers. Like FT said, money is piling up because we cant travel. I have gone full gourmet, and my food bill is still less than my previous habit of eating out

Offline ML

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 09:14:53 AM »
We also haven't gone to restaurant since this whole thing began.
Even stopped getting Sausage, egg, cheese croissants from take-out window at Burger King which we loved.

House and commercial construction also going well here . . . so far.
Those super low interest rates are irresistible.

We were amazed that we sold 3 parcels of land in 2020, and even more amazed that a couple have been here several times (some with their builder) looking at a few of our remaining parcels during the dead of winter.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Davo

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 02:55:58 PM »
Trench, hopefully in the future you’ll meet a woman who loves you for you. Her face lights up every time she sees you. She blushes and giggles like a teenage school girl in love for the first time. She hangs off every word you say and you can stare into each other’s eyes for hours, not saying a word and it feels like you are the only two people on this planet..... The chemistry and emotional connection between you is so amazing that concerns about hidden agendas etc... never cross your mind for a second.

Things like her age, if she has children, likes wearing jeans over short skirts, is carrying a few extra lbs, wants a career or has a nose that’s not proportional to her face hold no relevance to how you feel about her... After a few minutes together none of these matter anymore, in fact they become endearing qualities that you wouldn’t change in a million years, because those things make her the person she is, the person you love.... You accept her unconditionally like she does with you.

So what i’m getting at is forget all your concerns and what you think you want in a woman and find the one I described above. When you find that, the hottest young woman imaginable could hit on you and you’d be oblivious because you only have eyes for one other woman. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 03:10:47 PM by Davo »

Offline I/O

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 03:35:48 PM »
Agricultural machinery sales have tripled nation wide over the past year.
A combination of historically low funding costs and revised (maybe short term but nevertheless good) taxation policy.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 03:54:42 PM »

Things like her age, if she has children, likes wearing jeans over short skirts, is carrying a few extra lbs, wants a career or has a nose that’s not proportional to her face hold no relevance to how you feel about her... After a few minutes together none of these matter anymore, in fact they become endearing qualities that you wouldn’t change in a million years, because those things make her the person she is, the person you love.... You accept her unconditionally like she does with you.

How do you date a woman say who has a baby and perhaps significantly younger, say a twenty year age gap? All I can think of is to go with her to some place baby friendly like a park, not good in the UK at the moment as too cold, just wondered.

Offline Davo

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 04:27:27 PM »
A combination of historically low funding costs and revised (maybe short term but nevertheless good) taxation policy.

True... Realistically it’s more to do with the good rainfall this year, a projected 2nd biggest harvest on record and good grain prices. 2 years ago it was a different story with the continued drought in Qld and NSW and low rainfall in the southern states. The company laid 1/4 of it’s employees locally. Luckily it’s a large multi national company and can ride out years like that. Typically we are the most profitable consistently when compared to the overseas divisions.

Offline Davo

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 05:42:52 PM »
How do you date a woman say who has a baby and perhaps significantly younger, say a twenty year age gap? All I can think of is to go with her to some place baby friendly like a park, not good in the UK at the moment as too cold, just wondered.

Honesty I wouldn’t consider a big age gap like that, especially not with a 20 something women. There are the occasional examples like Billy who have pulled it off, but for most it’s just a recipe for divorce judging by the horror stories you read here and in other forums.

In my experience having children of my own and dating women with children, is you can feel the same love and affection with a child who’s not biologically yours as one who is. Do you really want to have a child who’s still a teenager and in school when you’re in your 60’s?

There are plenty of women in their late 30’s and early 40’s with pre teen or young teenage children who would be happy to meet a guy your age. They are attractive, intelligent and have wonderful personalities and qualities. If you’re a good role model for their children and treat them as your own, you’ll probably win her heart for life. The added bonus is you have a massively bigger dating pool to choose from and less competition.

Trench, why don’t you try something different on your next trip. Get online and meet women from  36-44, both with and without children. Then go and meet one or two of each. I guarantee you will have a much more enjoyable trip than your last few and it will change your perspective of FSU dating. Most aren’t manipulative as one member would have you believe, they are just nice down to earth women looking for love and a companion to share their life with.

Now is a good chance to get your feet wet in this age group online. Women understand that it could be 6 months or more before you can travel and are just happy to chat with no expectations. You could even post in the members only section for privacy and have the experienced members her help you.

I’ve got numerous profile id’s I could share. One woman would be perfect for you. Mid 30’s with a 10 year old son, reasonably attractive, good English skills, great sense of humour and a talented music teacher who would be happy to work from home. Unfortunately her ex left when her son was born and hasn’t been on a date locally since and two foreign men have disappointed her by not travelling to meet. She lives with her parents in a small apartment and would view your house like a mansion. She’s not materialistic and wouldn’t see your income as an issue, because she can bring in a second wage and all she wants in life is a nice man who loves her and her son. Her sons at a nice age where you can have a lot of fun together and you don’t have the expense of raising a child from birth.

What do you have to lose?... before you know it you’ll be 50 and dating in that age range anyway.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 06:07:17 PM by Davo »

Offline supraman

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 10:12:18 PM »
Western Australia's mining industry seemed to have gotten busier . Work load  for us has doubled in the last year . More than enough work , but every one in my field has the same problem -shortage of tradesmen .
  It also helps that mining companies bought heaps of new machines during the boom and now the hours are up for full rebuilds.

Offline I/O

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 02:03:12 AM »
I dunno, we seemed to manage...🤔

IIRC, Grandmother played her part childminding at times but we did a fair few family things (at my insistance) - if you're taking on a package, get started from the start...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 04:58:09 AM »
Some idea of where our currency is heading against the Euro:

http://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eur/14896-euro-pound-rate-vulnerable-to-further-falls-as-uk-payments-to-the-eu-is-history-reuters-market-analyst/amp

Our currency currently doing well against the ghrivna currently 38.52 ghrivna to each English pound, that will give a guy quite a purchasing power in Ukraine.

Offline ML

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 07:28:27 AM »
Some idea of where our currency is heading against the Euro:

http://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eur/14896-euro-pound-rate-vulnerable-to-further-falls-as-uk-payments-to-the-eu-is-history-reuters-market-analyst/amp

Our currency currently doing well against the ghrivna currently 38.52 ghrivna to each English pound, that will give a guy quite a purchasing power in Ukraine.

Top restaurants, hotels, etc., usually maintain relatively fixed prices in USD/Euro and then just convert to Hryvnia for prices to customers.

So no great change in advantage for westerners when exchange rate changes.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 07:54:44 AM »
Top restaurants, hotels, etc., usually maintain relatively fixed prices in USD/Euro and then just convert to Hryvnia for prices to customers.

So no great change in advantage for westerners when exchange rate changes.

You think I use top restaurants in Ukraine lol ;D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2021, 10:31:24 AM »
Well the UK has recently agreed a free trade deal with New Zealand among other nations and one is apparently being worked on with Australia. That could all be trumped with joining the cptpp:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1391655/Brexit-news-Boris-Johnson-joe-biden-us-trade-deal-join-cptpp-liz-truss-EU/amp

As said in the article that could be a clever work around for getting a trade deal with the US if the US joins as Boden has indicated it will.

I think at this stage the UK is making good inroads on what it intended to do post Brexit in terms of getting more trade deals that membership of the EU restricted. Potentially this could translate into the UK becoming the workshop of the world again in some form. If it gets the UK into a more lucrative position then that means us Brits would be looked well upon by FSW I'm thinking, much like US guys get seen as very wealthy when abroad but with less travel distance of course.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2021, 12:06:11 PM »

Trench you are living in a fantasy world if you think women twenty years
younger than you are in your wheel house.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 01:50:51 PM »
Davo works in dildos department, now...he is about to become a millionaire. :P He really hopes this coronavirus will never end.  8) 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 02:01:10 PM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Davo

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2021, 03:21:57 PM »
Davo works in dildos department, now...he is about to become a millionaire. :P He really hopes this coronavirus will never end.  8)

The secrets out of the box... Wall Street bets are onboard and are ready to shoot my triple ended donga shares (thanks Japs for the idea) to the moon!!! 😂

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2021, 09:47:35 PM »
Trench you are living in a fantasy world if you think women twenty years
younger than you are in your wheel house.

Ordinarily I would agree, but there's this girl I know and I think she suffers from Depression. Not all the time of course but the baby's father appears to be absent. My guess is that the depression does a lot of her relationships in. I'm not sure that she gets it real bad but these days many people just run from any shortcomings the other half have and go and seek someone who doesn't. Anyway, for some reason she seems to have taken a bit of a liking to me, her personality seems similarish or maybe that's just me. Would be down to her though as I don't want any risk of reading too much into it. Haven't really spoken a lot to her but she seems nice on the odd occasions that we do and I kind of feel we are of a similar nature in that there is no sense of friction.

It's not really something I was looking towards but it just seemed to pop up. Like I say though I doubt anything will happen it's just not often that I feel on a level with someone, but things come and go. Just see what happens in my life over the next few months I guess.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM