It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Theories of Dating  (Read 16696 times)

Offline wallm

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Theories of Dating
« on: March 24, 2017, 03:17:59 PM »
Trench, get off the horn.

You are still talking too much. ;D

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
Theories of Dating
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:04:33 PM »
I think you'll find many people get there nose out of joint because they either get jealous or have some outdated view that you should stick to native women. I say sod them, they have no business trying to determine how others should lead their lives. What I have seen of FSU women are a whole better scene than women in the UK and no doubt US. Better attitudes more softer, caring, less likely to turn on you and see you as competition. Sod these people that seem to think you should take the unappealing left overs of our society's misguided feminist career driven culture, which these days often means obese women.

Come back and post that when you've lived with one for two decades. 

Men who have a need to denigrate the women of their countries generally are poor candidates for marriage for FSUW as well.  The problem is not in the women.  It is in you.  I've never seen a man who complains about the women in his country have a long term successful relationship with an FSUW. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Theories of Dating
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 05:26:53 PM »
Trench, get off the horn.

You are still talking too much. ;D

Hey, I believe you owe your successful relationship find to following my strategy Wall ;D

Point taken though, I will press onwards!
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline JayH

• Trips: > 10
Theories of Dating
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 05:32:30 PM »

Men who have a need to denigrate the women of their countries generally are poor candidates for marriage for FSUW as well.  The problem is not in the women.  It is in you.  I've never seen a man who complains about the women in his country have a long term successful relationship with an FSUW.

The guy would have had barely 2 hours in the company of fsuw !!
He parrots things he thinks he has learnt here--with no understanding of most of what is written.He does not understand how offensive he is.
I ( & others) commented on his sheer ignorance  and insulting comments months and months ago-- others have tried to redirect his absurd comments -- all with no result --the inane comments keep coming.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Theories of Dating
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 05:34:52 PM »

I can only hope to prove you wrong on this point in the future Beothius :D I hear what your saying, that the men who do this harbour a difficulty themselves with relationships and perhaps there is something in this. I do think though that these days this is not always the case that society in the west has made bad choices of that seemed sound enough and decent at the time but has had bad implications upsetting how well society functions - feminism being one of them. Some people do indeed say that value wise going to the FSU is like going back to the 50's and that could actually be seen as a good thing.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Theories of Dating
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
The guy would have had barely 2 hours in the company of fsuw !!
He parrots things he thinks he has learnt here--with no understanding of most of what is written.He does not understand how offensive he is.
I ( & others) commented on his sheer ignorance  and insulting comments months and months ago-- others have tried to redirect his absurd comments -- all with no result --the inane comments keep coming.

This if you had read my posts/trip report you would know is not true. I spent a number of days with one last year. I am due to be doing more shortly. You on the other hand JayH is almost comical the way you try to knock me while boasting a low success to trip/looking period ratio. Wall managed it a lot sooner and you were no doubt knocking him as well, lol.

Offline wallm

Theories of Dating
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 05:59:28 PM »
Hey, I believe you owe your successful relationship find to following my strategy Wall ;D

Point taken though, I will press onwards!

Your strategy? Hopefully it will work for you on next trip. ;) Good luck.

There is a big difference between your strategy and mine. I don’t worry about money that I have to spend to succeed. ;D

I am telling you for your benefit. Do not dole out advice. Let others who have had success and experience do it. I realize a few of them come across as insufferable know-it-alls. Whatever.

What does “sod” mean for you Poms? We have sod here and we use it to create nice looking lawns.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

Theories of Dating
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 08:23:03 AM »
This if you had read my posts/trip report you would know is not true. I spent a number of days with one last year. I am due to be doing more shortly. You on the other hand JayH is almost comical the way you try to knock me while boasting a low success to trip/looking period ratio. Wall managed it a lot sooner and you were no doubt knocking him as well, lol.

Trench, just stop. You don't know who is successful and who isn't. If the goal is to have one trip and get married you are a fool. Would you marry a local woman that had only spent 7 - 30 days with? Jay is very private about his relationship, Moby has been married to a FSUW and is in a committed relationship with one now. While I disagree with both of them on many issues, they are wise in how they have gone about this pursuit.

Very few on here know my status with my girl. TreadMillDude accused me of coming home brokenhearted after all my trips because I was not listed as "committed" or "married" in my profile status. You should be listening and not spouting shit. And don't take credit for Wall's success. That is Wall's only, just like if you are ever successful,  that will  be your success.

Boe's view that if you cannot have success with local women, you will probably have difficulty in FSU is correct. Finding local dates was not my problem. Finding a quality woman was. And by quality I don't mean 20 years younger and a model, I mean a woman that is intelligent, graceful and fun.

I am with Wall on this "Shut your pie hole!"  :cluebat:

HDL

Offline Maxx2

Theories of Dating
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 09:48:59 AM »
Some people do indeed say that value wise going to the FSU is like going back to the 50's and that could actually be seen as a good thing.

I don't see that as true. It may be true where I am living now, the Republic of Georgia. My Georgian aid told me the other day when I asked that at least 2/3rds of the women in Tbilisi would ask for their father's permission to marry. Out in the smaller towns and cities it would be closer to 100%. Of course they still practice animal sacrifice here (male sheep and lambs) for special occasions. My Georgian aid also said that Georgian men see Russian and Ukrainian women as easy. A place to go for men looking for a good time. A young Georgian woman I know also thinks the same. I've been told by locals that men are expected to sow their wild oats while women are to remain virtuous until marriage. Somehow I don't think the later half of that is indicative of the rest of the FSU. 

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Theories of Dating
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 10:39:40 AM »

Trench, just stop. You don't know who is successful and who isn't. If the goal is to have one trip and get married you are a fool. Would you marry a local woman that had only spent 7 - 30 days with? Jay is very private about his relationship, Moby has been married to a FSUW and is in a committed relationship with one now. While I disagree with both of them on many issues, they are wise in how they have gone about this pursuit.

Very few on here know my status with my girl. TreadMillDude accused me of coming home brokenhearted after all my trips because I was not listed as "committed" or "married" in my profile status. You should be listening and not spouting shit. And don't take credit for Wall's success. That is Wall's only, just like if you are ever successful,  that will  be your success.

Boe's view that if you cannot have success with local women, you will probably have difficulty in FSU is correct. Finding local dates was not my problem. Finding a quality woman was. And by quality I don't mean 20 years younger and a model, I mean a woman that is intelligent, graceful and fun.

I am with Wall on this "Shut your pie hole!"  :cluebat:

HDL

I heard that every woman you met turned you down.  Mostly because you're too short.  I also hear you obsess over a single girl's name.  If a woman is not named Elena you automatically put her in the dustbin.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

Theories of Dating
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 10:47:49 AM »

My Georgian aid also said that Georgian men see Russian and Ukrainian women as easy.

:shock:

There's plenty of Georgian and 'Abkhazi' guys in Sochi TRYING  - and failing -with the local lasses ! 

Maxx, I would say that if you could be asking this lass' Dad for her hand in marriage - you'd be doing OK ;)

http://www.elenasmodels.com/eastern-european-women/E2147589363/

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:55:22 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Theories of Dating
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 11:24:56 AM »

I don't see that as true. It may be true where I am living now, the Republic of Georgia. My Georgian aid told me the other day when I asked that at least 2/3rds of the women in Tbilisi would ask for their father's permission to marry. Out in the smaller towns and cities it would be closer to 100%. Of course they still practice animal sacrifice here (male sheep and lambs) for special occasions. My Georgian aid also said that Georgian men see Russian and Ukrainian women as easy. A place to go for men looking for a good time. A young Georgian woman I know also thinks the same. I've been told by locals that men are expected to sow their wild oats while women are to remain virtuous until marriage. Somehow I don't think the later half of that is indicative of the rest of the FSU.

When I said 50s I meant the 1950's not the 1250s ;D Still its good to hear what you've found Maxx from your experiences even if some disagree. Possibly there may be some rivalry in it between say Georgia & Ukraine or Russia and whether the difference is really as stark as all of that. I'm not looking for traditional ultra conservative ways just a place where women function as women and have not been put into a state of gender confusion and rivalry as in the west. Its refreshing to me Maxx that you share this with us, it shows other sthat I am not just talking out of my a** :D

Offline Boethius

Re: Theories of Dating
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 01:07:21 PM »
I can only hope to prove you wrong on this point in the future Beothius :D I hear what your saying, that the men who do this harbour a difficulty themselves with relationships and perhaps there is something in this. I do think though that these days this is not always the case that society in the west has made bad choices of that seemed sound enough and decent at the time but has had bad implications upsetting how well society functions - feminism being one of them. Some people do indeed say that value wise going to the FSU is like going back to the 50's and that could actually be seen as a good thing.

Society in the West has not made it easy for families to survive.  Most families cannot survive on one income.  That is the core issue, not feminism.

The 1950's were not so great if you were a raped woman, or a person of colour. 

Remember those very delineated gender roles play both ways. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline wallm

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »
Society in the West has not made it easy for families to survive.  Most families cannot survive on one income.  That is the core issue, not feminism.

Not quite true for everyone. We live in the cashless society. A lot of things on loans. Matching the neighbor's car, McMansion, vacations, etc. If only we can get that mentality out of our minds, we can live better lives without the rat race. YMMV. I had told the lady I am pursuing she doesn't have to work here if she doesn't want to. We can do just fine on my income. She wants to work.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »
We may live in a relatively cashless society, but bills do need to be paid.

The average US household salary is just under $57,000.  That is not a lot of money to raise a family.  I see where I live, how families struggle, and our median income was over $100,000 before the oil collapse.  But factor in taxes (federal/provincial/property), mortgage, utilities, food, clothing, auto expenses/public transport, and not much is left at the end of the month.

You are at a different stage in life than most families raising children.  Sure, for most, they could put a roof over their heads and eat while living on one salary.  But there would be no cushion, and it would be a hand to mouth existence.

The fact the woman you are interested in wishes to work suggests Trench's idealized 1950's view is misguided as well. 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »
:shock:

There's plenty of Georgian and 'Abkhazi' guys in Sochi TRYING  - and failing -with the local lasses ! 

Maxx, I would say that if you could be asking this lass' Dad for her hand in marriage - you'd be doing OK ;)

http://www.elenasmodels.com/eastern-european-women/E2147589363/

I'm only reporting what I've been told here in Tbilisi by Georgians. This one guy told me his grandmother pulled him aside at his wedding and told him that if he cheats on his wife make sure he doesn't get caught. That it was the proper thing to do.

I was on a website for Western expats that teach Georgians English on a Georgian government program. Called www.tlg.gov.ge
An American woman wrote if you want to understand Georgian society watch 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' Women are expected to cook, make babies and get married before age 25. It is important that the older daughter gets married before the younger. Although it does happen the other way around. NOT THAT I AM LOOKING. I was also told if I wanted a 40 something virgin they are available. And I was told by my 50 year old former landlady that if I wanted to marry her she wouldn't need to get permission from the family head as she was the oldest in her family.

http://www.elenasmodels.com/eastern-european-women/E2147589363/  She'd kill me.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:42:37 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 11:38:03 AM »

What does “sod” mean for you Poms? We have sod here and we use it to create nice looking lawns.

STILL using Pom out of context ..?!

TC isn't a Pom - as he isn't in the Antipodes or Southern Africa ...  If my correcting you irritates - it's OK ...You can tell me to 'sod off'  :)

Offline wallm

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 02:26:57 PM »
STILL using Pom out of context ..?!

TC isn't a Pom - as he isn't in the Antipodes or Southern Africa ...  If my correcting you irritates - it's OK ...You can tell me to 'sod off'  :)

Moby, I don't care about context, etc. I just like to "insult" you Brits. I hold the Brits in the same regard as Russians.;D Perhaps I should substitute Pom with wanker. :D :D

BTW, I really want to come watch the Champions Trophy in June. Should I fear for my life in your land? I can stay out of areas where the Sharia Law is in force. Is London with its mayor a risk for us yanks? I want to go to the Lord's and the Oval :ROFL:

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 05:29:12 PM »
BTW, I really want to come watch the Champions Trophy in June.

A Yank who likes cricket?  Wonders will never cease.  :ROFL:  Did you know that the Women's World Cup follows on directly afterwards?

Should I fear for my life in your land? I can stay out of areas where the Sharia Law is in force. Is London with its mayor a risk for us yanks?

London will only be a risk if you spout the inane crap tweeted by your President and his son - or such nonsense as "areas where Sharia Law is in force."

I want to go to the Lord's and the Oval :ROFL:

The spiritual home of cricket is simply Lord's (named after Thomas Lord, the original owner of the ground), not "the" Lord's.

Enjoy your trip!  :clapping:

Offline wallm

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 07:05:51 PM »
Whatever happened to you Fruits?! Used to have a good team when Martin Crowe was playing. RIP. Give up cricket fellas. You suk. Stick to Rugby or whatever other sh*t you play. :D

Not to worry. I will not repeat anything our embarrassment for a President says (he is a billion times better still than any lib though, despite being insufferable jacka*s).

I say spiritual home of cricket is Sabina Park. :P

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 09:28:44 PM »
Moby, I don't care about context, etc. I just like to "insult" you Brits. I hold the Brits in the same regard as Russians.;D Perhaps I should substitute Pom with wanker. :D :D

I don't regard an American who uses a term incorrectly as applying an 'insult' - once pointing out their error a few times .. I figure out they want to continue in ignorance.... like below

BTW, I really want to come watch the Champions Trophy in June. Should I fear for my life in your land? I can stay out of areas where the Sharia Law is in force. Is London with its mayor a risk for us yanks? I want to go to the Lord's and the Oval :ROFL:

Indeed, if you believe there is any area of the UK that are 'no go' or 'Sharia law' applies - you should stay home safe... Or you could 'rescue' a Ukrainian lady from depravity ? ....

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 12:02:33 AM »
I don't regard an American who uses a term incorrectly as applying an 'insult' - once pointing out their error a few times .. I figure out they want to continue in ignorance.... like below

FYI for most Americans using the terms 'sod' and 'wanker' on another would be considered funny and maybe even a sign of affection by joking around. As in, "Hey wanker Moby, you're getting on my nerves so you need to sod off." I mean would Moby get upset with me saying that to him with my Minnesota accent? He'd think I am teasing him. Conversely when the English, Scottish and Irish get angry it is a bit difficult for Americans to feel intimidated with their funny accents. Imagine Gunnery Sergeant Hartman speaking with an Irish accent.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:06:42 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 02:24:51 AM »

FYI for most Americans using the terms 'sod' and 'wanker' ...

....Just think they sound good and don't have a clue ? ;)

When Phil Collins appeared in Miami Vice and was asked to use the word 'wanker' he pointed out  - do you KNOW that is really insulting in my language, likely to get you decked ?

The Director told him, "It makes you sound SO British and Americans won't understand, anyway ..."

The W word is far more earthy than 'jerk !

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 03:54:31 AM »

The W word is far more earthy than 'jerk !

Until you just mentioned it, I never associated the word jerk with jerk off.

There's a car wash in the little town of Boyden in NorthWest Iowa in a really, really religious community called, "Lil' Bugger." I used to drive by it every once in a while and wonder if the owners understood what a bugger meant in British slang?

http://www.facebook.com/Lilbuggercarwash/

Maybe the name of the town inspired it?  Boy - den?

Strange subject we are on today!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:00:03 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 05:01:45 AM »
Maxx, we seem to be going off tangent, but bugger -in context with little, bugger  is not too 'naughty' ... I have said ''Bugger off'' or ''that child is a little bugger'' and not been ostracised';)

However, a wish to you the word as a verb - the act - make elicit a somewhat different response ..

A Brit who smokes can say, "I'm dying for a fag" and just mean they want to smoke...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1951
Total: 1960

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM