It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How does a girl choose which guys she wishes to meet?  (Read 28064 times)

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: How does a girl choose which guys she wishes to meet?
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2019, 03:20:27 AM »
?? :)

If you both do your due diligence  beforehand ...( and there is NO excuse in this day and age for not doing that) ..I fail to see how one can be 'stressed' - disappointed may be ? 
It can happen ..

I know of a happily married couple who when the guy arrived in Siberia .. the lady had invited him for a month .. She told V that she had made a mistake.. ;)

Each of us makes their choices based on previous experience

Agree with the last sentence.

I am not speaking personally as such when talking about stress. For some there will be excitement, but there are many here and on other forums, documentaries, etc that have and will have travelled across the world to meet one woman and put all of their eggs in one basket. Whether or not they did their due diligence  or not (or ignored red flags) is for them to consider.

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2019, 03:36:43 AM »
each one to his own, what suits one does not suit everyone else. So saying one is wrong and one is right -nah moby that right there is where you are wrong.

I have no issues with those thinking wmvm is the way for them, I never was comfortable doing it and never really saw that as a option living this close. I did try, and that only stressed me out with trying to put that puzzle right.

In those cases I rather just showed up boots on ground and tried getting dates "the old fashioned way" - and despite all (language issues mostly - as I do not speak a word of Russian) succeeded very well in my opinion.
Not that I found my girl that way, but I had a lot of interesting and giving dates/interactions with a whole bunch of different women I would never have found on any datingsite.

but, racking up a bunch of girls beforehand with vm approach always got me thinking more about sex tourism then trying to find a life partner - but that is my opinion. Not forcing that on anyone else.

I guess In a way you could compare my "boots on ground" way with PUA approach, but my goal was not to get the girl in the sack asap, just to explore the eventual mutual interest and chemistry.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline ML

« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2019, 10:14:05 AM »
All the talk about WMVM vs WOVO ignores that there are really only two factors that are important in deciding which method is best for any man (or woman).

1) Travel time.  Those in Europe have the luck to be able to do WOVO in an economically logical framework.  Those in N. America, Australia, etc., do not.

2) Organizational skills.  Only those possessing this can pull off a WMVM.

So those espousing the WOVO have to really admit (although they won't) that they don't have the skills to pull off a WMVM;  or, unless they have no economic sense, they are in countries near to FSU.

Q.E.D.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2019, 10:35:07 AM »
No, no,no no!

Sorry to take your thesis apart but some of us pursued Siberian women  which are just as far for us as  US or Antipodean chaps...

What amazes me is how few 'westerrn guys' look east of Kyiv...let alone the Urals..

I read today that a poster said 'the political climate made dating in Russia a 'no no'...  Thanks like saying "do not marry an American", because'they' elected Trump....

Next you will be telling us that the quiet one's are goers...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2019, 12:17:49 PM »

So why write like WMVM is the route to go?

You are reading things into what I write. I advocate doing what you are comfortable with.
For some people WMVM is the way to go, for some it definitely is not. The shy guy shouldn't
try WMVM, the guy who can't "think on his feet" shouldn't try it.

There are guys who know that they are better in person than they are writing

I've made several VO trips including my first trip to Voronezh. Once it didn't work out, I tried
to meet other girls and I managed to find Angel Eyes. I had never seen, heard or contacted
Angel Eyes until a couple days after

My point has always been do what works for you.

I also believe that many of the WMVM use the wrong tactics. Many of them write 50+ times
to 7 or 8 girls and then try to visit each of them. I think that those guys are destined to spend
a long time before they are successful.

There are a hundred ways to do this and a thousand ways to screw it up.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
How does a girl choose which guys she wishes to meet?
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2019, 12:34:29 PM »
What amazes me is how few 'westerrn guys' look east of Kyiv...let alone the Urals..

Most guys go to the place where the MOB industry has the most active agencies e.g.
Kiev, Odessa and Nikolaev. My theory is that you find the girl then go to meet her
wherever the girl is. If she lives on Venus, go to Venus and learn a little of the
Venetian language.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »
No, no,no no!

Sorry to take your thesis apart but some of us pursued Siberian women  which are just as far for us as  US or Antipodean chaps...

I read today that a poster said 'the political climate made dating in Russia a 'no no'...  Thanks like saying "do not marry an American", because'they' elected Trump....

Next you will be telling us that the quiet one's are goers...

I think to the guy who has never been to Russia before Moscow & St. Petersburg are big pulls and for Ukraine, Kiev and Odessa are the big ones followed then by Kharkiv & Nikolaev. Nikolaev to be honest is not an easy reach as landing in Odessa, far fewer English/American guys there. For Belarus, Minsk comes top for most.

It's a strange one, these cities are wonderful to visit in their own rights, at least the city centres are, they have great stuff to see and good times can be had with a girl.

I'm not sure how I would find it doing the FSU Dating scene without having gone to most of those cities I've listed. While some of the more provincial cities can be marvellous many are not well known about then of course there are the provincial cities that are not very pleasant places.

If I had decided to miss out the big main cities I wonder if I would have felt I was missing out on a vital piece of the FSU Dating Scene. The big cities are kind of like big cultural centres and also a big feature of the context of FSU Dating to which most WM FSU Dating have visited, if not all then usually at least one or two of them. To miss these out would be like not understanding FSU culture or the FSU Dating context in the slightest.

Of course guys can be successful without visiting these cities. In fact probably more so as there is probably too many WM visiting those parts these days. I really only have St. Pete's & Kharkiv I have not visited. Kharkiv no longer interests me as there seems too much scamming stuff going on there. St. Pete's I think I'll probably leave to later with a girl if I've found one as a tourist trip. For me now the more provincial cities that are lesser frequented have their attraction and I'll think that's where I'll go next :)

"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2019, 07:55:28 PM »
Most guys go to the place where the MOB industry has the most active agencies e.g.
Kiev, Odessa and Nikolaev. My theory is that you find the girl then go to meet her
wherever the girl is. If she lives on Venus, go to Venus and learn a little of the
Venetian language.

Quite

The agency model is just about dead.

Find the lady whereever she is and go for it.

I have told this story 100 times...Ladies in far flung Siberia get letters from guys who 'will be in Moscow for two weeks' and wonder why the lady declines to meet.

The first guy with something about him who goes there directly will blow the keyboard Romeos away.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2019, 03:30:26 AM »
All the talk about WMVM vs WOVO ignores that there are really only two factors that are important in deciding which method is best for any man (or woman).

1) Travel time.  Those in Europe have the luck to be able to do WOVO in an economically logical framework.  Those in N. America, Australia, etc., do not.

2) Organizational skills.  Only those possessing this can pull off a WMVM.

So those espousing the WOVO have to really admit (although they won't) that they don't have the skills to pull off a WMVM;  or, unless they have no economic sense, they are in countries near to FSU.

Q.E.D.
Good post here again,
As being an european and having huge vacations (more than 8 weeks) i could travel  three time per year with duration till 3 weeks. So when you stay there 2 or 3 weeks you have the time to focus on a lady and make your opinion. As the price of the transport is between 300 and 500€ it helps.
If you read the beginning of operation white panther you will guess that i had to plan a lot, i could use an agency but many times i was using two or three and some free sites.

Visiting many pushes compressing time and meetings (however i found that the maximum meeting per day was 3, after you are too exhausted to read the girl, and i was trained and experienced) and try to set up some second appointment with the most promising for the week end.

A lot of guys believe that FSU women are laying on the bed, their legs pointed with any western guys coming and that they do this day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. But the truth is that they have generally not a lot time free and only spare time during saturday or sunday. The ones who speak a good english, who are tanned, have tons of photos of Dubai in a shopping center and can meet you every day afternoon should switch on your radar on "targeted" "acquisition" "launch" "destroyed"

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline jone

« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2019, 09:48:31 AM »
I am slightly suspicious of any woman who is from Kyiv or Moscow or any other large metropolitan areas of Eastern Europe.   Unless they were born there .....

Particularly Moscow.   As you may know, not everyone gets to live in Moscow.   (Or the other Federal Cities.)  At some point the individual would have had to do something remarkable to live there, if not from there.   So you get some beautiful Kova who shares that she is from Moscow on the internet.   And that she is originally from <name your village or small town>.   So how did she get there?  What skids did she grease?  Who helped her.....

We all have life histories prior to any current relationship.   But this is one more avenue that should be gently explored.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2019, 10:00:31 AM »
I am slightly suspicious of any woman who is from Kyiv or Moscow or any other large metropolitan areas of Eastern Europe.   Unless they were born there .....

Particularly Moscow.   As you may know, not everyone gets to live in Moscow.   (Or the other Federal Cities.)  At some point the individual would have had to do something remarkable to live there, if not from there.   

True story:

We all know that mothers in law rarely approve of the woman their son marries.

And so it was with wife's mother in law.
Fairly frequently she would tell Ochka how she wouldn't be anything if son hadn't married her and brought her to Kyiv.

However, wife only once sent the bomb.

During her engagement, she received another marriage proposal from a newly minted military officer who was being posted to Moscow.

So when mother in law stated for 'last' time; where would you be if my son hadn't married you?

Ochka replied:  Moscow.

Mother in law was speechless . . . but she never brought up this topic again.

(Note:  For those who do not understand . . . the 'pecking order' of cities in FSU was very, very important [and still is] to FSU folks)

- - - - -

I recall another time when I suggested to a Kyiv woman that she could visit me in Dnipropetrosk.
She reacted as if I had asked her to visit a slum in Hades.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:41:50 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2019, 10:53:03 AM »
?? :)

If you both do your due diligence  beforehand ...( and there is NO excuse in this day and age for not doing that) ..I fail to see how one can be 'stressed' - disappointed may be ? 
It can happen ..

I know of a happily married couple who when the guy arrived in Siberia .. the lady had invited him for a month .. She told V that she had made a mistake..;)

Each of us makes their choices based on previous experience

Moby,

Not everyone has the same reactions to the same stimuli. Many people spend a
lot of time, effort, resources and emotions into a trip to the FSU to see a girl for
the first time.

No amount of due diligence will ensure that the trip is a success. In fact there is a
very good chance that it will be a failure. Not everyone is as confident meeting a
beautiful girl as you or I am.

Also friends, relatives or coworkers might have poo-poo'd the idea of meeting a
girl in the FSU, or said that she is only in it for a green card etc. Let's add in kids
a less than supportive ex-wife and a million other issues.

You can't imagine stress being involved with meeting a girl?

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2019, 12:34:44 PM »
I agree with msmob visit one.  If it doesn't work out go site seeing on your own .maybe you meet another person maybe you don't but better than the logistical nightmare of 2 timing .

Offline Obtuso

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2019, 08:44:48 AM »
I think that the quote below is very relevant to this discussion.
At around 12:50 minutes of the video

"We cannot dissociate money from any Slavic Woman."

And this is from what it seems to be a reputable matchmaker.

Offline ML

« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2019, 08:52:40 AM »
I agree with msmob visit one.  If it doesn't work out go site seeing on your own .maybe you meet another person maybe you don't but better than the logistical nightmare of 2 timing .

I met 12-16 on several trips and it was no logistical nightmare at all.

I have never been a salesperson, but as we all should know such persons (not counting those working in retail shops) regularly meet several customers a day or week and often have to present very detailed analysis and suggested products to a variety of business organizations . . . all the while keeping track of correct names of client's spouses, children, birthdays, etc.

There are obviously millions of persons world wide who can do this.

Offline msmob

« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2019, 02:44:39 PM »
I met 12-16 on several trips and it was no logistical nightmare at all.

I have never been a salesperson, but as we all should know such persons (not counting those working in retail shops) regularly meet several customers a day or week and often have to present very detailed analysis and suggested products to a variety of business organizations . . . all the while keeping track of correct names of client's spouses, children, birthdays, etc.

There are obviously millions of persons world wide who can do this.

ML

You are a smart chap...so I find it hard to believe you posted this analogy when sober...

It is Trench-like in it's utter daftness...sorry.

I think you are  confusing the art of courtship with  earning a crust by getting someone to buy a product.

YOU are the product and are only available to be sold once..

Are you suggesting you enjoyed being akin to a car, being test driven?

Offline Gator

« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2019, 06:38:17 PM »

Are you suggesting you enjoyed being akin to a car, being test driven?

My callous answer would be I am the test driver, not the car.   In truth, regarding my VWRW experiences, I was only looking, not expecting nor seeking a ride.  However, sometimes the car was fully fueled, with the keys in the ignition, and the road open with "cool wind in my hair."   

Offline msmob

« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2019, 09:08:11 PM »
Callous and amusing..but my point was serious, non the less.

Many ladies do not want to meet guys onVM trips as they  do not want to meet and aid a 'sex tourist'...  that is a quote from my ex wife..( I can now say that!)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2019, 12:18:10 PM »
that is a quote from my ex wife..( I can now say that!)

Congratulations Moby !!

Bill's divorce joke of the day.

I just got my divorce, my wife and I split the house.
I got the outside.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2019, 01:10:28 AM »
A Ukrainian won't eat that bread.  I mean good, organic food, which is what most Ukrainians eat.

Any comparison of cost of living puts Ukraine's cost at 60% less than in the UK.  Their salaries are less than that, so it's relative.  They also don't pay any sales taxes.

But, let's let other UK posters who have been through the process comment on whether you can support a wife in the UK on your current salary, or even with a 20% increase.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
Forget about Ukrainians, any person with half a brain who cares about what they eat won’t eat that crap.
From my own perspective, we eat fresh, home cooked food.
My wife loves fish, as do a lot of Ukrainian women. Good quality fresh fish is pretty expensive in the UK as is good quality fresh meat bought from our local butcher and fish monger.
Ukrainians buy a lot of food locally at their bazaars.
The equivalent of that would be local farm shops, street markets and farmers markets. That isn’t cheap.
Trench thinks his prospective bride will be happy to eat beans on toast and jam butties and survive on his Scrooge budget.
That will get him to  :trainwreck:

It’s not just food though.
He will have to provide a mobile phone for her. He will lose his single persons council tax discount and pay full whack.
Electricity, water, gas, internet. Easily £200+ per month. (a conservative estimate,  from experience the heating will be on most of the time as they feel colder here, so expect a bigger heating bill)
Just bills and council tax will make a huge hole in trench’s monthly income of £1000.
House insurance, car insurance (life insurance, if he has any sense, but I doubt he would) all costs.
Trench already lives in poverty. He can’t afford a foreign import.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 01:21:27 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2019, 07:59:52 AM »
(life insurance, if he has any sense, but I doubt he would)

If I'm dead then having had such won't mean anything to me ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2019, 08:16:32 AM »
Congratulations Moby !!

Bill's divorce joke of the day.

I just got my divorce, my wife and I split the house.
I got the outside.

+ 1 

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2019, 08:32:58 AM »
If I'm dead then having had such won't mean anything to me ;)

Wow.  Real husband material.  "If I leave my family impecunious, what do I care?  I'll be dead."

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2019, 08:55:51 AM »

Wow.  Real husband material.  "If I leave my family impecunious, what do I care?  I'll be dead."

Wife comes home from evening medical appointment/tests.
Tells husband shocking news that they told her she would not live through the night.
In bed, she says she wants to have as much sex as possible all night.
After X times, husband says:  I need some sleep as I have to get up and go to work in morning . . . you don't have to!!

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2019, 09:51:27 AM »
If I'm dead then having had such it won't mean anything to me anybody.
Fixed that for you.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1996
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1987
Total: 1997

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM