It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317183 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2015, 09:48:02 AM »
Just saw the post. 

No idea where the Taiwan thing came from.  I was there a hundred years or so ago as a young man serving 4 years in US Navy.

Thanks Bill for setting him straight.

Looks like he could have missed my point

He posted this right after you

Hi,

Me UK and my girlfriend Taiwan are in a similar situation.
I do know from experience of another chap who got married and tried registering in Taiwan. He found the people within the government offices hard to talk to as they needed certified proof that he hadnt been married before. This is actually quite a hard thing to prove when you think about it, they got his birth certificate and then needed to go to a solicitor for a written statement that he had not been married before. However, reading your post it seems likely that you are getting married in the UK first then registering in Taiwan, this is the opposite way round of my case story and I hope it all goes well and you have a great wedding.
It has been a while since you posted this note... maybe you are married already in which case congratulations. I found your previous posts and was interested because I am experiencing the same things in my life, having a relationship where my girlfriend lives far away and we skype a lot. I have some questions like:

Did you find a job in Taiwan?
What job is your girlfriend going to find in the UK?
What are your plans for the future?

Any advice would be great.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2015, 09:55:36 AM »
Am I being stalked by yaricksl ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »
Ochka has been spending time the last couple of days with friends who are finishing off new apartments.

Helping them analyze floor tiling, kitchen cabinets, bathroom fixtures, etc.

They have been remarking to each other how simple it was back in Soviet times.

i.e. There was practically no choice; so not the necessity of all this time spent agonizing over the alternatives.

Also surprisingly, the cost of these new apartments has not decreased over the past year, despite the uncertainties Ukraine faces.

The apartment that Ochka bought and finished out last year would cost a little bit more right now.

And, in general, she says apartment prices have not changed much at all.  There are factors pushing toward lower prices, but this is offset by people in general just holding off selling.

Instead of selling, they are giving their previous older apartments out for rent.

As a result, the prices for rent have dropped noticeably.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2015, 08:32:16 PM »
Ochka is on plane now in Kyiv and heading for Paris for plane change.

Neighbors will be glad when she returns because they are getting tired of me window peeping, etc.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2015, 05:38:21 PM »
Neighbors will be glad when she returns because they are getting tired of me window peeping, etc.

What's the "etc" and exactly how is your wife going to get you to stop? Inquiring minds want to know.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2015, 07:47:18 PM »
Ochka will get me to 'stop' because she has this large stick that she hits me with when I do something wrong.

And now we are back home.

Her flights were great and she slept a lot on both legs of the flight.

However, upon landing, a lot of delays.  Rain downpour just after landing.  Crews couldn't get plane up to gate for some reason.  Or maybe couldn't get covered walkway to move up to plane.

Then long lines for immigration.

Ochka came in on EAD/AP card for first time.  I  had warned her that I read on Visa Journey that all coming in on this card are taken to secondary inspection station.  And they did for her also.  Another line there.

Then, because of rain, belt system wouldn't work to move luggage to carousel.

Anyway, she is safe and sound here.  Showered, I gave her back massage, and she went immediately to sleep.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2015, 08:27:04 PM »
Ochka will get me to 'stop' because she has this large stick that she hits me with when I do something wrong.

I know you ML and you do a lot of things wrong so you're getting beat on a regular basis. You have rights in America and we can get you help. You may think you deserve everything you get but you're a victim of domestic violence. 911 is your best friend.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2015, 08:51:18 PM »
Yeah, I am going to check into that there 'elder abuse' thing.

Billy, when does your spouse get back into USA from Ukraine?

Offline ML

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2015, 08:57:22 PM »
Ochka was asking me what I thought about us buying some older, run-down apartments in Ukraine; then fixing up for rent or selling for profit (hopefully).

In finishing out her new apartment near US Embassy in Kyiv, we found a very good worker/partner in a relative of hers by marriage.

We would put up the money, he would do the work, and then we split the gain on sale.

No, we aren't thinking of buying in Donetsk region.

I told her violence could break out and destroy apartments anywhere in Ukraine . . . but she thinks extremely unlikely in Kyiv and western Ukraine.

Offline jone

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »
I think you are right.  If Putin decides to go West, it will be a blitzkrieg and will be over before it begins.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2015, 07:16:29 PM »
Billy, when does your spouse get back into USA from Ukraine?

In a month. Fortunately I got you guys to listen to my crappy jokes while I wait.

I told her violence could break out and destroy apartments anywhere in Ukraine . . . but she thinks extremely unlikely in Kyiv and western Ukraine.

If Putin goes for it all, all he'd need to do is take Kiev. My wife's in Western Ukraine so I didn't protest her leaving at this time.

Offline ML

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2015, 06:05:13 PM »
What prima donnas these women are.

Ochka has just completed three days of university teaching this semester.

Very stressful for her as one course is a new preparation.

So when she came home today, she said:  "I need to celebrate finally getting through these three days.  Let's go out to restaurant."

Three days . . . what the he!!

Who ever heard of celebrating and getting a meal at restaurant after three days . . . when the semester goes until mid-December?

But me being pussy whipped; I obediently complied.

I mean it's not like this stuff she teaches is difficult.

Second semester calculus class to Engineering students and multivariable calculus class to Engineering students. 

Sound fairly simple to me.

I don't know what calculus is, but anything that can vary in multiple ways sounds like a lot of fun.  Probably a snap course and something to do with new math, I suppose.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:57:04 PM by ML »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »
So when she came home today, she said:  "I need to celebrate finally getting through these three days.  Let's go out to restaurant."

You may have been scammed for a free meal. Report back to us what she asks of you after the next three days. We're here to help.

Offline Wayne

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2015, 09:41:09 AM »
Calculus has been around for a very long time and there is nothing new about it. Most people don't need it. Math and engineering majors must pass it. Most people would just use a computer.

Perhaps your wife is used to being off for the Summer and not wanting it to end?

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2015, 12:18:54 PM »
 :clapping:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:38:23 PM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline ML

« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2015, 01:12:20 PM »
Ochka has been bugging me to post pictures here of her garden produce.

At time of this pic, tomatoes were just getting started.

Now we have tomatoes coming out our ears and most other places.

We ended up with over 30 tomato bushes.  Just wanted 10 or so, but she planted an entire packet . . . and they all came up and are producing.  Plus bought 3 yellows which are my favorite.

Offline ML

« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2015, 01:15:43 PM »
Here is something that is really tasty.

Zucchini Pizza.

Slice length way.
Add mayo, tomato, a little garlic  and some cheese on top.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2015, 05:06:23 PM »
Ochka has been bugging me to post pictures here of her garden produce.

Really nice looking vegetables. So nice I'm wondering if Ochka knows how to Photoshop.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2015, 05:12:58 PM »
Here is something that is really tasty.

Zucchini Pizza.

Slice length way.
Add mayo, tomato, a little garlic  and some cheese on top.

Looks so good I am going to ask Larissa to give it a try.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »
Here is something that is really tasty. Zucchini Pizza. Slice lengthWISE. Add mayo, tomato, a little garlic  and some cheese on top.
Why on earth do you add mayo to a pizza :o?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2015, 06:23:49 PM »
Why on earth do you add mayo to a pizza :o?

She's Ukrainian, Sandro - what did you expect?  :devil:

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2015, 02:50:30 AM »
She's Ukrainian, Sandro - what did you expect?  :devil:

Sort of like northern Germans, they will throw a pineapple slice on top of any dish of food.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline ML

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2015, 09:14:29 AM »
Sorry, I mis-spoke about the mayo.  Actually Ochka does not use mayo much, unlike others from her area.

Here is the recipe:

Zucchini Pizzas .... Low carb!

Zucchini
Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Sliced tomatoes
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Salt/Pepper

Directions:
Slice the zucchini in half. Slice off some bottom also to keep it stable. Brush with olive oil and top with garlic or garlic powder. Top with sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Use Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese or mixed blend.. Bake 375 for 20 to 30 minutes until soft.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2015, 10:51:10 AM »
Much better - although Parmesan there is a bit redundant along with mozzarella ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ML

« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »
Went to a picnic last evening for College of Arts and Sciences.  Huge college which the math department is part of.

I knew several professors from different departments and Ochka knew the math professors, of course.

We heard from some that 'you must meet X, Y Z who is new here from Russia.'  I said as nice as possible . . . no please do not send them our way.'

Then, as we were sitting and eating, a geography professor that I knew headed toward us with two women in tow.

I thought . . . oh sheeeeeet!

But it turned out great as the younger mid 30s professor of physics was from . . . Kyiv !!   Yeah.

And the older 60ish woman was her mother who was here (with the father) for 2 months on tourist visa.

The mother also had PhD in physics and worked at some government facility in Ukraine as scientist.  She said she had to sign a bunch of documents promising not to disclose secrets, before she could get out of the country.

Anyway, the three of them gabbed on and on in Ukrainian language.

The mother had spent a lot of time on Maidan supporting those trying to oust Yanokovich back when.

The daughter was not very pretty although she had a model's figure and was around 5 foot 9.  The mother was short and dumpy.

Not all Ukrainian women are 10s.

But very nice people and will be coming to our house soon.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1978
Total: 1987

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM