It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317134 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2016, 09:07:26 AM »
As shown in the new thread by hiii98, the situation of the city size she comes from and the city size you live in is a consideration.

Boe says that those truly in love don't care where they live.  But I think that level of love is fairly rare.
And even if there is true love, something like this can nag or grate on a person so much constantly that it will wear true love down.

Also, in the typical scenario followed by those involved in international romances . . . true love will rarely exist for quite some time.  The best that most can hope for is that the two are compatible and true love may develop over time. 

Given that . . . irritations related to city size and imagined missed pleasures and opportunities could doom even the most compatible (not yet in love) couples.

My spouse and I are quite lucky in that we both were raised in small towns, later lived in large cities, and now could probably live together in any sized town.

I talked with her just last night about this to get a refresher on her ideas.  She noted that (because we live in a university city . . . small city [30,000 permanent citizens] . . . large university [31,000 students]) there are actually just as many things to do here as in cities of a million or so population.  If desired we could go to a musical, theatrical, dance, intellectual presentation, sporting event, etc., almost every day of the year.

Example:  This afternoon there is a presentation by a medical researcher on the aging process (not that I am aging) and tonight there is a presentation by university orchestra conducted by a doctoral candidate, tomorrow there is an economic conference presented by Federal Reserve at 8:00 AM and a presentation regarding Brexit at 4 PM featuring a Swiss government official.  Wednesday is a recital program of woodwind instruments, Friday is concert by State Orchestra, Saturday we go to monthly wine tasting club affair, etc., etc.

Also we have a rather large garden that needs cleaned up of vegetation and prepared for winter.  Saturday morning we went over to a nearby farm and loaded up a pickup with cow manure.  I only slightly knew the guy who was in mid 50s.  When he saw Ochka outworking me with the pitchfork he said . . . Where on earth did you find that woman!!!  Lest he thought I was abusing her, I had to quickly tell that this whole garden thing . . . and the insistence on manure was strictly her idea . . . and she readily backed me up on that.

And, of course, he really took to her and wanted to show her calves, tractors, etc, etc.  We barely escaped.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:12:51 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2016, 01:08:11 PM »
He would not have chosen either.  One is too large.  The other is over 35, the "expiration date" of a woman, according to Trump.

BTW, nice photo. :)

The math doesn't add up. Melania is 46 and they've been married 11 years. Why would The Donald marry a woman who's expiration date had clearly passed?

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2016, 04:44:09 PM »
The math doesn't add up. Melania is 46 and they've been married 11 years. Why would The Donald marry a woman who's expiration date had clearly passed?

Presumably because she was rather younger than 35 when they met...and he lied again.  ;D

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2016, 07:36:14 PM »
Presumably because she was rather younger than 35 when they met...and he lied again.  ;D

According to Boe Melania was expired like a carton of milk and spoiled milk just isn't acceptable for The Donald. Spoiled going on 11 years now  :D

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2016, 07:53:24 PM »
Presumably because she was rather younger than 35 when they met...and he lied again;D

What was his lie?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2016, 08:04:57 PM »
According to Boe Melania was expired like a carton of milk and spoiled milk just isn't acceptable for The Donald. Spoiled going on 11 years now  :D

Maybe that's why he gropes younger women. Plus, Melania has had an awful lot of surgery/Botox to look younger.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:16:46 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2016, 04:50:20 PM »
What was his lie?

That all women's "use by" or "best before" date is their 35th birthday.  ;D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »
That all women's "use by" or "best before" date is their 35th birthday.  ;D

One should not throw away women when they expire. When a woman reaches 36 years old, you trade her in for two 18 year olds.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #308 on: October 18, 2016, 05:27:04 PM »
One should not throw away women when they expire. When a woman reaches 36 years old, you trade her in for two 18 year olds.

Mary Kate 'n' Ashley?  ;D  They would have been about the right age back then.

Offline ML

« Reply #309 on: October 26, 2016, 08:42:35 AM »
We went to wine tasting party on weekend.

There were 3 couples there living together unmarried.

One woman proudly told me . . . we are progressives.

I agree it's a good idea to stay unmarried, if no considerations suggest otherwise.

But there are many considerations . . . taxes, children, death benefits, etc., that point toward marriage.  And in the case for most here; the immigration status is a major determining factor.

On another note, of the 12 or so women there, only one was not slender.  Most were in their 30s, as I estimated, and all worked at the University.  Who would have guessed this (slender) for a group of AW ?

Oh I just remembered there was one fairly chunky gal there.  She was a visiting professor from Cuba.  Flawless English and very personable.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #310 on: October 26, 2016, 09:20:39 AM »
One woman proudly told me . . . we are progressives.

I've met a few women who say they don't care about marriage but deep down they're hoping a man proposes.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #311 on: October 26, 2016, 04:20:22 PM »
I've met a few women who say they don't care about marriage but deep down they're hoping a man proposes.

True.  My "sort of" sister-in-law has been waiting for at least 15 years!  :'(

Offline ML

« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2016, 02:51:58 PM »
We have been invited to (adult) Halloween party Saturday night.

I ordered and just received today two masks. 
One of Donald and one of Hillary that we will wear.

I am going to come up with a set of jokes we can tell.

Example: 

Me (as Donald)  "I will make America great again."

Ochka (as Hillary)  "When I am elected I will make America great again . . . by expelling you to Canada."

Anyone have further ideas on this ?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2016, 09:19:44 PM »
Anyone have further ideas on this ?

It's an adult party so check this out. Remember the leaked recording of Donald saying he wanted to grab pussy? Those were words but you can turn that to action. Ochka should wear the Donald mask. Sometime during the party she yells "I want to grab pussy!". Then she grabs you! Of course you'd be wearing the Hillary mask so nobody assumes you're an actual pussy.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:43:56 PM by BillyB »

Offline Gator

« Reply #314 on: October 28, 2016, 06:36:42 AM »
It's an adult party so check this out. Remember the leaked recording of Donald saying he wanted to grab pussy? Those were words but you can turn that to action. Ochka should wear the Donald mask. Sometime during the party she yells "I want to grab pussy!". Then she grabs you! Of course you'd be wearing the Hillary mask so nobody assumes you're an actual pussy.

A variant of this idea.

Ochka dresses like Hillary and holds in her hand a large envelope:

On the envelope are the words:

ACTUAL PHOTO OF TRUMP GRABBING A PUSSY

Inside the envelope is the following photo (not to be shown to your professor friends)

\

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 06:55:49 AM by Gator »

Offline ML

« Reply #315 on: October 30, 2016, 10:28:56 AM »
Thanks Billy and Gator for your suggestions.

Ochka and I were able to come up with a few humorous bits to tell.  They went over pretty well.

Our masks were a pretty big hit also.

I hated to blur out the face of a gal who attended as she was quite beautiful in face, even as she was only about 5 foot tall.

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #316 on: October 31, 2016, 09:58:17 AM »
My wife had never been married and had never wanted to. Did not like Russian men. At age 50 a friend said just for fun let us check out a web page. As a lark she wrote on my profile. Now married 7 years. She had never in her life paid any attention to U.S. And now she is a citizen.   ;D

Offline ML

« Reply #317 on: December 12, 2016, 02:26:07 PM »
Final exam time here at university.
I am working (unpaid) as GTA grader for Ochka's sections  of Differential Equations.
Of course I don't know much about it, but . . .
I look for the 3-4 key equations that are developed in solving, and if they are all there, I  assign the  full 10 points or so for that question.
If anything is missing, that person's exam goes into another pile where Ochka grades with partial credit.

And I  get the very important job of entering scores into  spreadsheet, totaling up columns to determine total points earned for class for each student, dividing by total possible to get percentage, etc.  Do some statistical work to find mean, standard deviation, etc.  This work I can do.

We will be busy at least through Wednesday.

Offline Gator

« Reply #318 on: December 12, 2016, 02:51:00 PM »

We will be busy at least through Wednesday.

With only 17  students to grade?

I had the opportunity to use my higher math education.  In my younger professional years, I worked on a project in which I had to predict the time based overflow from a combined sewer (stormwater and poop) for an EPA water quality research project.  Triple integral calculus.  I gave my work to the project manager.  He had trouble telling right side up, so he took my work to a Chinese PhD.  An hour later, he came back and said well done.  The next phase of the project was not funded, so I never confirmed with real sampling data whether my prediction was correct. 

The work was published, and I may have a copy in the catacombs. 

Offline ML

« Reply #319 on: December 12, 2016, 03:03:37 PM »
With only 17  students to grade?

Where did you get the 17?

Actual number is just over 100.

Offline ML

« Reply #320 on: December 22, 2016, 09:07:33 PM »
First met 12 1/2 years ago in Ukraine.

Renewed acquaintance 6 1/2 years ago in Ukraine

Living together full time 5 1/2 years in USA.

Two year anniversary of marriage today.

I was all set to change status on profile here to > 2 years; but there is no such option !!

- - - - - - -

Walked 3 miles in morning.
Breakfast at Burger King.
$5.00 coupon gets you 2 sausage, egg, cheese croissants, 2 orders of tater tots, 2 coffees.
$1.00 coupon gets you 5 pieces of French Toast.
Probably no more than 4,000 calories for each person.

I thought that would be enough for anniversary meal, but Ochka nixed that.

So in late afternoon, off to Italian restaurant.

I presented her with gold herringbone necklace just before we left.

In evening, we watched Borat movie at home.
Ochka got a kick out of most of it.
I had seen it before, several years ago.

Offline Larry1

« Reply #321 on: December 22, 2016, 09:16:41 PM »
Happy anniversary to you and Mrs. ML

Offline calmissile

« Reply #322 on: December 23, 2016, 12:14:58 AM »
Happy Anniversary to you and Ochka.  I didn't realize we were ahead of you in anniversaries.  But you do have many years ahead of us in being together.  :)

Many more to come.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline wallm

« Reply #323 on: December 23, 2016, 06:46:54 AM »
She must be an angel to tolerate being married to someone who wears an untucked shirt with a jacket.  ;D

Congratulations.

Offline Gator

« Reply #324 on: December 23, 2016, 07:21:51 AM »

Two year anniversary of marriage today.

:applause:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1983
Total: 1993

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM