It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anyone else here thinking of/dreaming of living in the FSU?  (Read 34547 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Anyone else here thinking of/dreaming of living in the FSU?
« on: December 27, 2018, 10:56:24 AM »
So quite a big part of me kind of takes to the idea of living in the FSU. I would of course still like time out from the FSU if I did, to go on holiday and back to my home country, the UK to see family, etc pareticularly if I found winter a bit harsh in the FSU during it's colder periods.

For me somewhere like Minsk appeals, Kyiv even Odessa might do if it were not for the situation with Russia out there. Russia could do also though I am not sure where there. There is of course always the long stay/temporary or permanent resident maybe even citizen visa hurdle to overcome for FSU countries and that is another matter.

For me though FSU countries have a lot going for it that western countries do not. If I bring in a independent income then that can relieve me of the need to work. That's not to say I wouldn't work or busy myself with something but it would be a choice and at a relaxed pace (hopefully). The big one of course and why we all go to the FSU is women :D My life loving in the FSU could become like paradise because of the women there. I even feel I have missed out on a large part of enjoying my younger years out there because I lacked the foresight or knowledge to consider going out to the FSU for the reason of its women.

Minsk then would likely be my preferred destination. It seems an orderly society (at present) in comparison to Ukraine and has interesting modern architecture. I am much into Architecture so it's nice to be somewhere in the FSU that is no so focused on the performing Arts/music - theatres, opera, ballet, etc which I am not into. I kind of like the crazyiness of Ukraine and it has a laid back feel most of the time and it's slightly anarchist vibe but that can be a negative as well as a positive and perhaps more problematic for long term living. I kind of also like smaller cities than say Moscow I think for the more relaxed pace of life I think and more intimate surroundings.

For me being able to be in the FSU where I could drum up girls all the time is hugely enticing over having to ration myself to a couple of visits or so limited visits per year.

How about others on here, anyone else consider living out in the FSU on a more longer term basis, if not all year then perhaps a large part of it?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 11:17:08 AM »
Taking in a lodger for your spare bedroom at £65 pw isn’t going to bring in the big bucks.
You’re a poor bloke at home and you’ll be a poor foreigner in the FSU.
Trench is drooling at the thought of all those lovely fsuw q-ing up to warm his bed.
Not going to happen....unless you’re paying for their services. Oh, I forgot, you cant afford to pay for it.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 11:29:20 AM »
Trench

WHY do you want to live in the FSU ?

How do you think you'll earn enough to get by ?

IF you are so 'worried about Russia' - be aware that President Lukashouldgo  runs a police state and people get filmed and locked up for opposing his rule... 

He's going to buck heads with Russia one day .. and probably lose ...as the Kremlin want  BY 'back in the fold' .. he has plans for a dynasty and putting his son on the throne ;)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 11:44:32 AM »
The Slavic republics of the FSU have very macho cultures.  You are romanticizing these countries unrealistically. You can’t live as cheaply as a locals and your primary advantage over local men is your ability to provide a woman with a comfortable lifestyle.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 12:38:23 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 11:46:05 AM »
"
Anyone else here thinking off/dreaming off living in the FSU? "

I did!
guess what?
it wasn't a dream at all!
you have no idea how happy I was to LEAVE!

Trench, use your thoughts to figure out how to make more money!
would be more productive for you!

Trench,
whenever you think you've found a way to get "a free lunch"
it just means you don't understand that you're paying for it in "some other way"
think about it...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:48:40 AM by krimster2 »

Offline BC

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 12:53:59 PM »
If my wife was not able to join me for whatever reason, I was ready to move to RU despite some inconveniences.

Since my income is not dependent on where I live, doing so would have been economically feasible.  I've lived in many different countries so have no fears of relocating.  It would have been a bit tougher from the logistics standpoint but could have lived quite well, maybe.

It didn't happen that way so we're both fine where we are.

Without a decent (in western terms) steady income and well established connections?  I'd be nuts to even think about it.  To just go find a FSUW I'd be even more nuts.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 01:11:14 PM »
Taking in a lodger for your spare bedroom at £65 pw isn’t going to bring in the big bucks.
You’re a poor bloke at home and you’ll be a poor foreigner in the FSU.
Trench is drooling at the thought of all those lovely fsuw q-ing up to warm his bed.
Not going to happen....unless you’re paying for their services. Oh, I forgot, you cant afford to pay for it.

Come early August 2019 all being well I'll be able to rent out two decent rooms to Lodgers. Plus have a small one for myself. That will bring me in approximately £500 per month. Not a lot by UK standards but quite a lot by Belarus or Ukraine standards.

http://checkinprice.com/average-minimum-salary-kiev-ukraine/

As Krimster has stated I can hire a terp/proxy to do the initial rental apartment. Costs for food on the supermarket are the same for me as anyone else. Same for most other stuff.  In addition I will have savings so no problemo :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 01:19:09 PM »
Trench

WHY do you want to live in the FSU ?

How do you think you'll earn enough to get by ?

IF you are so 'worried about Russia' - be aware that President Lukashouldgo  runs a police state and people get filmed and locked up for opposing his rule... 

He's going to buck heads with Russia one day .. and probably lose ...as the Kremlin want  BY 'back in the fold' .. he has plans for a dynasty and putting his son on the throne ;)

I don't oppose Lukashenko in power, I'm not interested in any of that as I'm not a native of the country. I couldn't really care who is in power my concern is elsewhere ;D

It's kind of like Muslim terrorists in this country. If you don't fall into the category they are interested in as you don't take part in those activities to them you don't exist and so not an issue.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 01:25:17 PM »
The Slavic republics of the FSU have very macho cultures.  You are romanticizing these countries unrealistically. You can’t live as cheaply as a locals and your primary advantage over local men is your ability to provide a woman with a comfortable lifestyle.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

As a foreigner the girls will all assume I'm rich. As long as I don't show up looking poverty stricken they will all buy into that whatever my finances are like behind the scene :)

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 01:30:08 PM »
Priceless !!!!  Trench .. are you trying to entertain us ?

As a foreigner the girls will all assume I'm rich.

'SURE'..

Until you take 'em to a fast food place and ask them to 'go dutch'

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »
"
Anyone else here thinking off/dreaming off living in the FSU? "

I did!
guess what?
it wasn't a dream at all!
you have no idea how happy I was to LEAVE!

Trench, use your thoughts to figure out how to make more money!
would be more productive for you!

Trench,
whenever you think you've found a way to get "a free lunch"
it just means you don't understand that you're paying for it in "some other way"
think about it...

Yes, but you were also happy when you were there getting all the girls :D

Your pains were linked to getting screwed over. So much a case of accounting for situations you may be taken advantage off. So keeping material possessions low and relatively inexpensive. Keeping to safer areas and assessing and using safer choices will much reduce the risk. Making statements that will stand out like planting cherry trees of course is not a good idea as it will give you all the sort of attention you won't want.

Offline BC

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 01:51:41 PM »
Trench,

the more I read your posts the more I wonder why I even bothered to post a reply.

Just do it and report back, but ya know I already know the answer as you'll still be sitting on the couch for a long time to come.

Clueless.... (being polite)

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »
Come early August 2019 all being well I'll be able to rent out two decent rooms to Lodgers. Plus have a small one for myself. That will bring me in approximately £500 per month. Not a lot by UK standards but quite a lot by Belarus or Ukraine standards.

http://checkinprice.com/average-minimum-salary-kiev-ukraine/

As Krimster has stated I can hire a terp/proxy to do the initial rental apartment. Costs for food on the supermarket are the same for me as anyone else. Same for most other stuff.  In addition I will have savings so no problemo :)
Renting an apartment in the city centre will cost you north of £500 pm plus utilities.
You will be buying your food in the supermarket = costs more. Locals  do a lot of shopping in the bazaar. I doubt you’ve ever been to one.  So no, you can’t live as cheaply as local people do.
Even by Ukrainian standards you are poor. You won’t last  a month on min wage in Kyiv.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »
Renting an apartment in the city centre will cost you north of £500 pm plus utilities.
You will be buying your food in the supermarket = costs more. Locals  do a lot of shopping in the bazaar. I doubt you’ve ever been to one.  So no, you can’t live as cheaply as local people do.
Even by Ukrainian standards you are poor. You won’t last  a month on min wage in Kyiv.

So, live in the outskirts of Minsk, that will hit the £200-300 mark. Supermarket food will do fine, sorted :)

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 02:43:20 PM »
So, live in the outskirts of Minsk, that will hit the £200-300 mark. Supermarket food will do fine, sorted :)

Please do it and report back here how it went.. until then you don't need to post anything else, we are all dying to see you succeed as hell living as a local in Ukraine or Belarus..
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 02:48:17 PM »
I lived in the FSU. Spent a month in Minsk - been there several times most recently in the summer; Ukraine a month ago.

Your fantasies are just a tad delusional. Not being negative just realistic.

Money -

500 quid is not rich. You will not be seen as rich. An apartment in the center will cost at least that much if not more. So you will essentially be a pauper in a foreign country. If you live on the outskirts women will wonder what the hell is wrong with you. That's where poor people live. It's more dangerous too. Getting someone to find you a place will cost money.

Don't forget dates cost money! You want to cut corners? You'll cut opportunities for yourself. And don't forget insurance! You'll want to have global medical coverage. That there will blow your budget.

You can probably live comfortably on 1,000 pounds/month but to be "rich" you'd really want at least 2,000/month in inexpensive cities. It is nothing in Moscow.

Language -

You have little or no language skills. It means you can't live like a local, it will be more expensive. You simply won't have the same options available and may end up paying more than locals for the same thing. If you take up language tuition that will eat into your budget - but I highly recommend formal tuition.

Architecture -

Minsk was razed in World War 2. So once you get outside of the center all you're really faced with is drab Soviet-era buildings and uninspiring post-Soviet architecture. A long weekend is enough to see the architecture. Similar could be said for most cities in Ukraine.

Long stay visas -

Unless you are studying at a university or have business interests then it's unlikely you will get a long stay visa in Belarus (or Ukraine). Depending on the type of visa you apply it can be relatively expensive.

You may not be profiled as a Muslim terrorist but you may still be targeted as a foreigner. Dirty cops are a dime a dozen. You may also come across locals trying or successfully ripping you off.

You're also forgetting the risk of having renters in your property. Will you have appropriate levels of insurance? Who will manage the property while you are away and how much will that cost? What happens if you cannot let it out or they abscond on a lease?

Not pissing on your parade but keeping your feet on the ground.

I'm trying to shape my lifestyle to spend time in Russia each year - but for reasons different than your own. When I'm working I pull in over 500 quid A DAY. So in a fortnight I can earn more than what you will for rent in a year. Get to that level then the world is your oyster.

Even if you're living in the FSU the maxim applies: no money no honey!

Footnote: I recommend guys wanting to marry a FSUW should go and study Russian in a FSU university - but you need the money to do it.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 03:11:22 PM »
I lived in the FSU. Spent a month in Minsk - been there several times most recently in the summer; Ukraine a month ago.

Your fantasies are just a tad delusional. Not being negative just realistic.

Money -

500 quid is not rich. You will not be seen as rich. An apartment in the center will cost at least that much if not more. So you will essentially be a pauper in a foreign country. If you live on the outskirts women will wonder what the hell is wrong with you. That's where poor people live. It's more dangerous too. Getting someone to find you a place will cost money.

Don't forget dates cost money! You want to cut corners? You'll cut opportunities for yourself. And don't forget insurance! You'll want to have global medical coverage. That there will blow your budget.

You can probably live comfortably on 1,000 pounds/month but to be "rich" you'd really want at least 2,000/month in inexpensive cities. It is nothing in Moscow.

Language -

You have little or no language skills. It means you can't live like a local, it will be more expensive. You simply won't have the same options available and may end up paying more than locals for the same thing. If you take up language tuition that will eat into your budget - but I highly recommend formal tuition.

Architecture -

Minsk was razed in World War 2. So once you get outside of the center all you're really faced with is drab Soviet-era buildings and uninspiring post-Soviet architecture. A long weekend is enough to see the architecture. Similar could be said for most cities in Ukraine.

Long stay visas -

Unless you are studying at a university or have business interests then it's unlikely you will get a long stay visa in Belarus (or Ukraine). Depending on the type of visa you apply it can be relatively expensive.

You may not be profiled as a Muslim terrorist but you may still be targeted as a foreigner. Dirty cops are a dime a dozen. You may also come across locals trying or successfully ripping you off.

You're also forgetting the risk of having renters in your property. Will you have appropriate levels of insurance? Who will manage the property while you are away and how much will that cost? What happens if you cannot let it out or they abscond on a lease?

Not pissing on your parade but keeping your feet on the ground.

I'm trying to shape my lifestyle to spend time in Russia each year - but for reasons different than your own. When I'm working I pull in over 500 quid A DAY. So in a fortnight I can earn more than what you will for rent in a year. Get to that level then the world is your oyster.

Even if you're living in the FSU the maxim applies: no money no honey!

Footnote: I recommend guys wanting to marry a FSUW should go and study Russian in a FSU university - but you need the money to do it.

Thanks for the info Rwd, I appreciate it. What job do you do?

Well, a couple of days ago I made a concerted effort to put more time into learning Russian. It's where I can see me getting a bit of extra leverage with the girls & the FSU countries. I'm concerntrating in speaking it better first then layer tackling the written side of Russian more.

A course in learning the Russian language might be worth me considering out there may be the least bother in terms of getting a visit etc.

many thanks.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 03:30:26 PM »
So just to sum up, I'll be looking for a flat in a decent part of the city, nearish the city centre. So just on the outskirts but not real far on the outskirts.

I don't mind what reason girls may want to meet me too much as it's all determining if there's genuine chemistry when you meet anyway. So no doubt the colour of my passport as much as money or whatever will play a part anyway. I'm pretty sure I can get girls to meet up so that shouldn't be a problem. After that it's all down to how long I would wish to stay in said country.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 05:46:20 PM »
"Yes, but you were also happy when you were there getting all the girls :D"

Trench, I was only able to engage in these activities AFTER I reached the pinnacle of my career and achieved professional AND financial independence
before that, I didn't have 10 minutes of time to spare...

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 04:18:04 AM »
I'm answering this in case in the future someone really wants to do this.....trench you have to think what is your u s p.  Finish your house.  Put your belongings in the roof space.  Rent out your house on a 6 month short hold tenancy.  Rent apartment Minsk.  You are 40 so can date maybe a 26 year old.  Most Minsk girls are married with a kid by 22 or married or long term dating.  So you have a small available pool of women who are single with no kids and you have no real u s p for these women.  If you date someone with a child you have a much bigger pool of available dates you have the u s p of being a reliable partner and showing your potential as a life partner many women will then want to have a second child with you. You can have a really good life moving in with one of these girls or buy a little datcha together and grow your own food.  Basically you can be a house husband.  You will have a way better life than a relationship with a UK woman.  Unfortunately you don't have the income for a playboy lifestyle and it leads to a meaningless life anyway.  You write in some of your posts you want to start a family and in others you suggest you want to pipe the entire f s u.  Rule of life chase many catch none.  Remember women are 10 times more intuitive than men they can smell a player miles away.  Stop thinking about money think u s p and who and why a woman would want you in her life and go find that woman. 

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 04:37:20 AM »
When I said grow vegetables and be a house husband I mean find a career girl from Minsk and you do all the house work so she comes back to relaxing home. 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 04:43:36 AM »
Priceless !!!!  Trench .. are you trying to entertain us ?

'SURE'..

Until you take 'em to a fast food place and ask them to 'go dutch'

We've got a really snazzy McDs here in Batumi, Republic of Georgia for that!

A few days I got an agreement with an Airbnb apartment owner I've rented from before. I am going to rent his apartment during the busy tourist season (May 1st through October). $350 a month plus utilities. This is considered top rent for a steady (and valued) renter here. I've put women on the back burner for now. I am working on health restoration, undistracted. 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 04:44:51 AM »
When I said grow vegetables and be a house husband I mean find a career girl from Minsk and you do all the house work so she comes back to relaxing home.

Moby will probably say you shouldn't encourage him. I kind of like the idea.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 05:20:17 AM »
Get into the country immerse yourself.  Russian in the shops and bus and tv no English you quickly learn.  I'm writing this from the Ukraine while I look after a 5 year old while my g f is at work. This kind of relationship can work in the f s u it wouldn't work in the UK.  I've done it in Minsk too but that relationship ended because their was no future of moving to UK and the ex husbands family was very heavily involved with the son of my then g f.

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 06:39:03 AM »
How about others on here, anyone else consider living out in the FSU on a more longer term basis, if not all year then perhaps a large part of it?

Wouldn't you get bored? All your friends are in the UK

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1872
Total: 1883

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM