It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Children making the transition to the New World ......  (Read 15560 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Children making the transition to the New World ......
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2018, 02:15:17 PM »
"1. Truth and lies are both subjective terms."

you mean "alternate truths"? 
no, I don't accept that, sorry...

the crimean parliment was taken over by a mafia gang led by Sergei Aksyonov and equipped by Moscow
and this is the truth, and go online and read about all the details, what time it happened, name of the security guard they tied up
vrs your "story" by your uncle sasha that the CIA was backing the Kiev Junta or whatever...
Russia doesn't even need to waste money on Facebook and twitter for you
you've ALREADY been programmed

Offline Donna_Pedro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2018, 02:20:38 PM »
"1. Truth and lies are both subjective terms."

you mean "alternate truths"? 
no, I don't accept that, sorry...

the crimean parliment was taken over by a mafia gang led by Sergei Aksyonov and equipped by Moscow
and this is the truth, and go online and read about all the details, what time it happened, name of the security guard they tied up
vrs your "story" by your uncle sasha that the CIA was backing the Kiev Junta or whatever...
Russia doesn't even need to waste money on Facebook and twitter for you
you've ALREADY been programmed

You can not  accept a difference in opinion, can you?
Kaplah!

Online krimster2

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2018, 02:41:04 PM »
"You can not  accept a difference in opinion, can you?"

not at all
I accept that EVERY person has an opinion
I only object to labeling opinions and biases as "facts"
facts can be validated, stories and opinions by dadooska nyet

unfortunately a lot of opinions today are mass produced by those in power and swallowed by gullible masses
I am not one of them

I know EXACTLY what went down in Crimea in 2014
and the catastrophe it has produced for the people living in Crimea today, saw it first hand two months ago
facts, not my opinion...

Q: how much will Russians sacrifice to keep Putin in power?
A: everything!

why don’t Russians realize that their patriotism was programmed into them by the state to keep them obedient to power?
“starry rodina nostalgie” are the strings they pull in your Russian soul so you will dance to whatever tune the government is playing for you

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:47:07 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2018, 02:58:18 PM »

I see Donna checking out soon.

Donna, thanks for your kindness towards me 15 years ago. I really appreciated your encouraging PMs during that dark time.

2 AM here and I am turning in.

Offline jone

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2018, 03:01:35 PM »
Hey. 

Take it outside.  No need to mess up this constructive thread with a lot of stuff about who is who in Krim.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2018, 03:06:25 PM »

I see Donna checking out soon.

Donna, thanks for your kindness towards me 15 years ago. I really appreciated your encouraging PMs during that dark time.

2 AM here and I am turning in.

Thank you.  I am impressed you remeber because I do not. :-)
Kaplah!

Online krimster2

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »
my bad...

so tell us more then about your couple then
how old are they, a 3rd grader means RW is in her late 20s to late 30s
how old is the WM?  based on your comments, is he 60+?
what does he do for a living, what state, etc
how far along is he in this relationship

otherwise... back to crimea

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2018, 03:13:18 PM »

not at all
I accept that EVERY person has an opinion
I only object to labeling opinions and biases as "facts"
facts can be validated, stories and opinions by dadooska nyet

unfortunately a lot of opinions today are mass produced by those in power and swallowed by gullible masses
I am not one of them

I know EXACTLY what went down in Crimea in 2014
and the catastrophe it has produced for the people living in Crimea today, saw it first hand two months ago
facts, not my opinion...

Q: how much will Russians sacrifice to keep Putin in power?
A: everything!

why don’t Russians realize that their patriotism was programmed into them by the state to keep them obedient to power?
“starry rodina nostalgie” are the strings they pull in your Russian soul so you will dance to whatever tune the government is playing for you

per popular request,  this game needs to be moved to a different sandbox.  :P
Kaplah!

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2018, 03:20:09 PM »
I know of a woman who is dating a man from the US and has a son who is around the third grade age.  She is stymied in her relationship because she feels that a Russian education is better for her son - particularly the discipline and the amount of education received at these younger ages.  She believes that she cannot move to the US because of this differential.

If any readers have anecdotal evidence one way or the other, or have married an FSUW and moved a stepchild to the US, I would be happy to pass it on.   

I think it is a topic that merits discussion.

suggest   the woman to join Русская Мама USA (Russian nom USA) FB group. Most of the members are women from Ukrain  and she can address all her educational concerns  there.
Kaplah!

Online krimster2

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2018, 03:32:13 PM »
if you were hoping for some platitudes from me about the joys of raising bi-lingual Russian/English speaking children, you came to the wrong malchick!

rasing children is damned hard work, it takes precedent over everything else in your life
I see a lot of parents who are more selfish, and less focused on their kids
so not everyone takes the total dedication and focus route

I’d just find it hard to be so invested in someone else’s son
what’s the pay-off for Dad’s support?
is it mom’s affections, is that how this is supposed to work?

curious what happens to poor daddy, when his wife is unhappy with him for some reason and his stepson tells him to "F.OFF."
ohh, he thinks they'll be grateful to him for bringing them to the USA
no they won't....
if his relationship goes sour, double the mess to clean up after
AND child support for a kid that's not even his

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 03:39:52 PM by krimster2 »

Offline jone

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2018, 04:17:54 PM »
Krimster -

The age difference is a little under twenty years.  She's mid to late thirties. 

I have seen the man and woman together.   They are very close.

There are many women who come to the US as a better place to raise their children and then, once they have their green cards, leave their man.  Somehow, this doesn't come across that way.

She is talented at what she does (graphic artist) and is employable here in the US. 

I really think that the issue in her mind is whether the child would succeed here in the US.  And I put it on the man for the introductions necessary for that to happen.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2018, 04:34:22 PM »
Jone --I would think that the guys economic circumstances  has a potential for considerable differences in the quality of educational opportunity.
To state the obvious--there is a vast difference in the US between the "have got" and 'have not got" worlds. Every aspect of potential lifestyle will impact on a child's life .
A guy capable of affording a decent lifestyle will have a far better chance of long term "success" imo ! :)

The krimster raises some real issues on his own feelings -- that will mirror many other guys -- so  a guy needs to have his head very together. That only reinforces my point above -- he needs to have his overall act together and understand what he is getting in to !!

What will help you get into Harvard? Super-rich parents with a chequebook and pen

Want a place at Harvard? Persuade your parents to give the university a nice gift. A new building, perhaps, or a million dollars for a fellowship. That sort of thing.

It has long been understood that you can, to some extent, buy your way into many of the US’s prestigious universities. There are certainly plenty of examples of people with more money than sense being admitted to elite educational institutions.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/21/what-will-help-you-get-into-harvard-super-rich-parents
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:09:07 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online krimster2

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2018, 04:43:33 PM »
“I really think that the issue in her mind is whether the child would succeed here in the US.  And I put it on the man for the introductions necessary for that to happen.”

I will accept your assessment of the legitimacy of their relationship!
as well as your conclusion...

so what then is your point for presenting them here, if you have already resolved the obvious solution, why hasn’t “the man” already figured this out himself and already done it
something in this story is still being hidden
something...not quite right...

Online krimster2

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2018, 04:51:56 PM »
just don’t understand why he can’t meet a single woman in Ukraine?
if he doesn’t want kids, there are gazillions of late 30ish/early fortyish women in Ukraine who are practically undatable in Ukraine,
because guys their own age are going out with much younger women and guys older than them are dead or poor

I have met a huge number of these women when I lived in Crimea, my all time favorite was a 40ish very Nordic blond woman who was sunbathing totally nude at the beach next to my house
OMG, she was 6 ft+ tall, her legs and torso were so unusually well muscled I assume she was a dancer of some type, maybe ballet amazing perfect body, and women like this abound in Ukraine...

yes, I think I'd tap that, and none of this silly "my son is 3rd grade class president" kakashka
she's already leading him around by the you know what
imagine what she'll be like when she get over HERE!
ask him how much child support he thinks he'll owe her when they divorce
this should make him think a little

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2018, 04:54:10 PM »
Krimster -

The age difference is a little under twenty years.  She's mid to late thirties. 

I have seen the man and woman together.   They are very close.

There are many women who come to the US as a better place to raise their children and then, once they have their green cards, leave their man.  Somehow, this doesn't come across that way.

She is talented at what she does (graphic artist) and is employable here in the US. 

I really think that the issue in her mind is whether the child would succeed here in the US.  And I put it on the man for the introductions necessary for that to happen.

If the kid is in grade 3 that means he's 8 or 9. Get him some help to learn English and put him in a class appropriate for his previous schooling and he'll do fine, assuming the school is decent. I've seen lots of immigrant kids who know no English come to the US and with a little help thrive and do well in school and later in university.

In the end the child's success is up to the parents, in this case the mother in particular. The step father has to be comfortable raising the boy and be willing to financially support him but in the end the mother has to be the child's main support.

Offline jone

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2018, 05:22:34 PM »
Jone --I would think that the guys economic circumstances  has a potential for considerable differences in the quality of educational opportunity.
To state the obvious--there is a vast difference in the US between the "have got" and 'have not got" worlds. Every aspect of potential lifestyle will impact on a child's life .
A guy capable of affording a decent lifestyle will have a far better chance of long term "success" imo ! :)

The krimster raises some real issues on his own feelings -- that will mirror many other guys -- so  a guy needs to have his head very together. That only reinforces my point above -- he needs to have his overall act together and understand what he is getting in to !!

What will help you get into Harvard? Super-rich parents with a chequebook and pen

Want a place at Harvard? Persuade your parents to give the university a nice gift. A new building, perhaps, or a million dollars for a fellowship. That sort of thing.

It has long been understood that you can, to some extent, buy your way into many of the US’s prestigious universities. There are certainly plenty of examples of people with more money than sense being admitted to elite educational institutions.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/21/what-will-help-you-get-into-harvard-super-rich-parents

Yale, maybe.  Not Harvard so much.  A man I know is worth 7 billion.  His daughter was the top student from a top prep school in a populous Midwestern State.  She was rejected by Harvard but went on to become Valedictorian in the excellent school she did attend.  Harvard has now offered this woman a place in their MBA program.

Yale, on the other hand, has a legacy program.  One of the dumbest kids in my son's age group got into Yale, primarily because of his family name and the fact that it was on one of the buildings at Yale.  They gave him a sports admission, even though, as coach of one of his teams, he couldn't even hit a baseball, which is the sport that they gave him entry into the school.

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2018, 05:44:39 PM »
  I did use the link to illustrate the extreme top end difference potential   -- but   --even at basic elementary /middle school level there are vast differences in schools .
To me -- that is by far the biggest issue .
A lot will depend on location & family circumstances.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2018, 05:47:11 PM »

As a mom of a Harvard graduate I have a more practical approach  - persuade your children to work harder at school. Invest in his (her) development rather than meaningless gifts to the University, i.e. private schools, study abroad programmes, etc. With enough effort it is doable. And Harvard is free for those with family income less then $65K.   
Kaplah!

Online krimster2

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2018, 06:01:08 PM »
 "persuade your children to work harder at school. Invest in his (her) development rather than meaningless gifts to the University, i.e. private schools, study abroad programmes, etc. With enough effort it is doable."

I totally agree with that!
invest as much as you can in your children
not just money, but your time and effort

it will shape who they become and who THEIR children become
your efforts will have effect long after you have passed away

but I don't think the thread is ultimately about education
but instead about the dreaded "lingering doubts" on someone's mind
any guesses

Offline CaptB

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2018, 09:47:54 PM »
Hi Donna,

Congratulations on 17 years of marriage. My wife and I had our 15th a few months ago. Good to see one of the "old-timers") still alive and well. I am still in contact with JB & Etna in Corpus Christi every now and then. Good to hear from you.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2018, 03:08:30 AM »

Thank you.  I am impressed you remeber because I do not. :-)

Donna, I remember a time I would duck when I heard a Russian accent, especially from a woman. Your niceness towards me and from other Russian women on that board quickly got me over my paranoia towards Russian women. My mother told me, "I bet you will never get involved with a Russian woman again." She seemed a bit surprised when I hesitated on what to say and then said, "Well, they are not all the same. Many of them are rather nice". Of course running through my mind was you and all the others I had contact with at RW-G.

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2018, 07:58:39 AM »

Donna, I remember a time I would duck when I heard a Russian accent, especially from a woman. Your niceness towards me and from other Russian women on that board quickly got me over my paranoia towards Russian women. My mother told me, "I bet you will never get involved with a Russian woman again." She seemed a bit surprised when I hesitated on what to say and then said, "Well, they are not all the same. Many of them are rather nice". Of course running through my mind was you and all the others I had contact with at RW-G.

Me? Nice? Let me show it to my husband, or he wouldnt believe.
Some of us are nice indeed, but people get bruised in a process of fining one. I am glad you are OK now.

Hi Donna,

Congratulations on 17 years of marriage. My wife and I had our 15th a few months ago. Good to see one of the "old-timers") still alive and well. I am still in contact with JB & Etna in Corpus Christi every now and then. Good to hear from you.

Capt B

Thanks CaptB. Glad to see you. Congratulations on your 15 years of marriage. There are not too many of us left who are still going on steady.  Glad to hear JB and Etna are OK. I think aikrob is OK too.  Those were good ol' days.. I enjoyed them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:00:29 AM by Donna_Pedro »
Kaplah!

Online krimster2

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2018, 08:36:10 AM »
"Me? Nice? Let me show it to my husband, or he wouldnt believe."

:) :) :)

no one is allowed to be "nice" in Russia!
it's a cut-throat culture
it's kill or be killed...

that's how it seemed to me
you better assert yourself at all times
or everyone there will push you around anyway they can
no one cares at all about anyone else but themselves and their family and their little apartment...
there is no accountability or responsibility for anything by anyone anywhere in Russia no one CARES!
everything the Russian government tells you are just LIES!
and Russians have gotten so used to the government lying to them generation after generation
that they don't see anything wrong with it - that it's NORMAL!
because of this, once again, an Iron Curtain is beginning to descend on Russia
Russian mothers cry over their sons killed in Ukraine and Syria
WHY? FOR WHOM?
YOU KNOW WHO - Volchick is is his name

you care about the future of Russian children, really?
how many Russian children already have no future whatsoever
because they lay buried in secret Russian cemeteries by the many hundreds
you can conveniently read about this thanks to the efforts of  Boris Nemtsov
google his name and his report, you can find original in Russian or English translation
this report got him killed!
you don't want to acknowledge this, fine...
you want to talk this school vrs that school fine
but let's be realistic about what is REALLY happening in the world
and what's important
and what's not....

so no niceness...
no wonder so many people want to get the hell out of there!
anyone with two or more brain cells making synaptic contacts would arrive at the same conclusion
leave there!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:46:03 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2018, 09:14:05 AM »

Congratulations Donna on your son graduating from Harvard and seventeen years of marriage. That is a lot to be proud about!

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2018, 10:05:45 AM »

Congratulations Donna on your son graduating from Harvard and seventeen years of marriage. That is a lot to be proud about!

Thank you, we ARE very proud of him. As far as my marriage goes, I have always been very comitted to making it work no matter what. It was not easy with both of us being so hard headed. When we started taking dance classes,  instructors  were rolling on the floor in laughter while we  were trying to figure out who leads in this family in a very colorfull language. And they told us dancing strengthen marriages. They strengthen all right - one fight on a dance floor  and your marriage is safe for a week. My english vocabulary got rather enriched too.
Kaplah!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1888
Total: 1900

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM