It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Life Continues  (Read 103137 times)

Offline BdHvA

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Life Continues
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2017, 11:13:49 AM »
If you followed the story line . . . the Dr invented the vibrator because his hands were hurting too much from keeping up with the demands of his female patients.

The Greek root of the word hysterics, hysterical and hysterectomy is uterus.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2017, 03:21:52 PM »
I went to a university on the quarter system that later changed to a semester system.

Would you rather have three sets of final exams or two?

Do you like going to class when it can be very hot outside?

Do you like to have football games starting weeks before classes start?

Do you like going to class in the Summer?

Wayne, I do know I don't want to go to college at all. If I went back to college, I'd be going backwards in life. I've got too many important things to do now and college isn't going to help. Besides, I get better education here at RWD.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2017, 07:04:01 PM »

After coming home after a long flight, my wife and MIL come home and begin to thoroughly clean the house. I vacuumed a day earlier but it wasn't good enough. They steam cleaned the carpets and washed the floors.

I want to give a special thank to Europe. My wife loves her home America more than ever. After taking a side trip into Czech Republic and Germany, she realized how expensive everything there is. She wonders how they can afford to live. She said nobody in Germany smiled and nobody was friendly. She didn't realize how good she got it until she been to other places.

During their layover in Amsterdam, they were harassed by passport control. The guy was extremely rude and harassed them. Eventually a supervisor had to be called over to check out their paperwork. They eventually allowed both to pass through. It wasn't their first time passing through that airport and going to America but it seems almost as if the guy was on the edge of detaining them. The passport control guy ended up going on break, had a drink in his hand but walked towards my wife and MIL who were sitting down waiting for their plane. What are the chances of bumping into the same people again in a large airport? He then demanded to see their passport again. I told my wife it was good they remained calm. Don't give the guy a reason to make you miss your flight.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Wayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2017, 08:39:39 AM »
The nice thing about the quarter system is that the final exams for Fall were before Christmas, and the finals for Winter were before Spring break. Also, if you wanted to, you could complete a full quarter during Summer.

Offline msmob

« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2017, 01:08:46 PM »

During their layover in Amsterdam, they were harassed by passport control.

Why ?  If they were booked with the same airline all the way through, surely they'd transit  and not HAVE to clear passport control ?

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:10:25 PM by msmob »

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2017, 01:19:11 PM »
Why ?  If they were booked with the same airline all the way through, surely they'd transit  and not HAVE to clear passport control ?

I remember my last trip through Amsterdam. I had to go through a sort of customs clearance even though I was already in the terminal. Seems they do this to all travelers heading to the states.....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2017, 03:13:11 PM »
I remember my last trip through Amsterdam. I had to go through a sort of customs clearance even though I was already in the terminal. Seems they do this to all travelers heading to the states.....

Passport control/customs or whatever you want to call it, they checked me out thoroughly every time I pass through Europe. My bags were checked for a bomb from a skirt wearing transvestite in Germany. Another time in Germany the security officer had his hands on my balls for 5 seconds checking for contraband. He normally spent 2 seconds checking the guys in front of me.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2017, 12:20:42 PM »

Passport control/customs or whatever you want to call it, they checked me out thoroughly every time I pass through Europe. My bags were checked for a bomb from a skirt wearing transvestite in Germany. Another time in Germany the security officer had his hands on my balls for 5 seconds checking for contraband. He normally spent 2 seconds checking the guys in front of me.

LOL. Everyone wants you Billy.....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline msmob

« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2017, 01:23:17 AM »
When I am transiting internationally I  pass (mostly)  through security checks before boarding another plane - but not passport control

I note my specific question to BillyB was missed ....  I can see no reason why your missus' and MiL went through 'passport control' at Amsterdam ... I CAN understand airline officials/ their gents  making sure all is in order  least they get fined for allowing non-entitled folks to board and being returned from the US

My Russian step-son was once refused boarding at a London airport when coming out to a holiday in Greece with his g/f ...  he even got an employee to ring me and she still refused his boarding ... A week later the company collected the lad and his g/f in a taxi from Oxford and brought them to / from the airport and upgraded their holiday accommodation and added an extra week - rather than be in Court and splashed all over Social Media..

The dear lady should have rung the Greek airport immigration people - like I did - and he would have advised the good lady that he UK Residency and my waiting for the lad ant the airport precluded his needing a Schengen visa

Sometimes agents or airline employees are over-zealous or just plain mistaken ((

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »

I note my specific question to BillyB was missed ....  I can see no reason why your missus' and MiL went through 'passport control' at Amsterdam ... I CAN understand airline officials/ their gents  making sure all is in order  least they get fined for allowing non-entitled folks to board and being returned from the US

Sometimes agents or airline employees are over-zealous or just plain mistaken ((

Yes if you use Schiphol (AMS) to transit from say JFK to KBP you will face both a passport control and security check today. 18 months ago this was not the case. After Heathrow the second most unpleasant airport to transit is CDG of Paris.

But Schiphol is working hard to catch up.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2017, 11:33:52 AM »
After Heathrow the second most unpleasant airport to transit is CDG of Paris.

Agree 100%.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline msmob

« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2017, 02:39:39 PM »
Agree 100%.

I am  ASHAMED when I see most other nations airports and how they handle transit passengers

Arrived in Manchester UK and it was THE must dirty airport I've been to in my recent travels

Heathrow's dispersed Terminals a joke.. unless you are transiting with British Airways ... if they aren't on strike  / having ticketing / boarding card issuing failures / problems with the 'sophisticated' luggage handling system  ...

We need a 3rd runway and a totally new airport ...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2017, 09:46:42 PM »

Wife and I just completed the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative and I-485 Application to Register permanent Residence or Adjust Status which will get my MIL a green card. She's here on a tourist visa. Cost is over $1750 for both applications and both will get sent the same time to USCIS in Chicago. It's quicker and easier for my wife to sponsor her while she's in America than if she were overseas.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2017, 11:44:37 AM »

USCIS is moving fast. In less than 3 weeks after sending off the AOS my MIL has a biometrics appointment scheduled later this month.

Offline ML

« Reply #214 on: October 08, 2017, 12:41:08 PM »

USCIS is moving fast. In less than 3 weeks after sending off the AOS my MIL has a biometrics appointment scheduled later this month.

The bio comes along pretty quickly.
Then nothing else will happen for a year or more.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2017, 08:37:46 PM »
You're probably right, we are dealing with the government after all.

Offline dogspot

« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2017, 11:10:50 PM »
The bio comes along pretty quickly.
Then nothing else will happen for a year or more.
This sounds about right. We petitioned my MIL 2 years ago and she received her biometrics appointment shortly thereafter. We then waited....and waited...and waited...and then moved, which caused a bit of stress as we were expecting the letter from USCIS right around the time that we were changing addresses. Not wanting the letter to be returned, and even though we had submitted paperwork for change of address/service center, we had our mail held for three weeks at our old address prior to and for a week after the move to ensure it was delivered (it arrived at the new address just days after the "hold" expired).

I don't recall exactly the timeframe, but it seemed like about 12 months total - with a change of venue included.

MIL's green card interview was in July 2016 in Tulwila and was successful. In fact, it was a very good experience for both my MIL, who speaks pretty much zero English, and my wife, who served as her translator (and who speaks great English). My wife said the female interviewer was very friendly, unlike the guy who interviewed her for her own conditional green card back in San Diego.

Side note: MIL returns in 2 weeks for another year after being gone a year. We're excited to have her back. Raising two toddlers as working professionals ain't easy. But this is Billy's story...I wish you all the best.

Offline ML

« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »
Side note: MIL returns in 2 weeks for another year after being gone a year. We're excited to have her back. Raising two toddlers as working professionals ain't easy. But this is Billy's story...I wish you all the best.

Note:  Your MIL could be in for big surprise at USA airport when she tries to enter.  USCIS doesn't like for green card holders to be out of USA for long periods of time and for repeated periods of time.

http://immigrationworkvisa.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/green-card-holders-who-stay-out-of-u-s-at-risk/
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2017, 07:28:59 PM »
Note:  Your MIL could be in for big surprise at USA airport when she tries to enter.  USCIS doesn't like for green card holders to be out of USA for long periods of time and for repeated periods of time.

http://immigrationworkvisa.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/green-card-holders-who-stay-out-of-u-s-at-risk/

This is true. Border agents can revoke the green card and send your MIL back home. Your MIL needs to live in America more than overseas to keep her GC.

When my MIL had a tourist visa, the opposite was necessary. She needed to live outside of America more than in America. She stayed nearly 6 months once, left the country and return 4 months later for another 6 month stay. The border agent recommended she stay out of the country for more than a year when she leaves. He almost didn't approve her stay. Border agents have discretion. Hopefully they be tough on your MIL dogspot.

But this is Billy's story...I wish you all the best.

Thanks and thanks for sharing your story. It helps others figure this out when they want to do what you did.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #219 on: October 14, 2017, 06:57:55 PM »

I have a friend who has a relative that is having marital problems. His wife got involved with this military guy on the internet. The guy was giving her attention and she liked it. Eventually he got her to send nude photos of herself to the military guy. He kept asking for more until she finally decided to quit. That's when the guy asked her for $2500 or he'll send the nude photos to her daughter, husband, and friends on Facebook. She sent him $2500. He then asked for more. She finally knew she had to tell her husband what she did because the guy will never stop asking for money. Moral of the story here is to make sure you disown all friends and family before sending nude photos of yourself to strangers on the internet so you won't feel pressure to give in to extortion.

Below a few photos of my lovely wife. I'd post a few photos of myself but after hearing the story above, all my nude photos are going to remain safe in my 2TB and 1TB hard drives.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2017, 10:25:37 PM »
Nice photos Billy. Just wondering, how tall is your wife (She does seem to have long legs :D)? And how tall are you Billy?
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline dogspot

« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2017, 09:05:05 AM »

Great point. And important for folks to consider when going the green card route for family members.

The primary reason for my MIL returning to Russia was to have knee replacement surgery on both knees. Immediately after receiving her green card, we applied for the I-131 Re-Entry Permit and completed biometrics before she left. My wife is incredibly meticulous and has kept a record of EVERYTHING and provided copies to my MIL if needed upon entry. Even so, we are still nervous as this will be her first time returning on a green card AND she is doing so with the re-entry permit.

Hopefully they be tough on your MIL dogspot.

Thanks and thanks for sharing your story. It helps others figure this out when they want to do what you did.

Thanks Billy. I'll report back here in a week to let anyone interested know how it went.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2017, 01:22:59 PM »
The primary reason for my MIL returning to Russia was to have knee replacement surgery on both knees.

wife is incredibly meticulous and has kept a record of EVERYTHING and provided copies to my MIL if needed upon entry. Even so, we are still nervous as this will be her first time returning on a green card AND she is doing so with the re-entry permit.

Medical reasons for leaving an extended period of time are good reasons. Keep in mind, border control agents have heard lots of stories and they know how to poke holes in the stories. If you MIL left for over a year and her last medical visit to the doctor happened six months ago, it would be bad for her. Before coming home, she should get one last checkup by her knee doctor documenting he doesn't need to see her again and she's free to travel.

Thanks Billy. I'll report back here in a week to let anyone interested know how it went.

I'll be one interested on how it turns out. I told my MIL her GC will be hers to keep or lose after me and my wife sponsor her. I warned her our government expects her to live in America more than Ukraine so she better not get homesick.

Nice photos Billy. Just wondering, how tall is your wife (She does seem to have long legs :D)? And how tall are you Billy?

My wife is 5'9" which is 175cm tall, same height as me. Do you want to see my legs too? Actually I have shorter legs but my upper body makes up the difference. She's got me beat when she wears high heels though. I'll catch up again to her when platform shoes from the 70's are back in style.

Offline dogspot

« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2017, 07:45:12 AM »

Medical reasons for leaving an extended period of time are good reasons. Keep in mind, border control agents have heard lots of stories and they know how to poke holes in the stories. If you MIL left for over a year and her last medical visit to the doctor happened six months ago, it would be bad for her. Before coming home, she should get one last checkup by her knee doctor documenting he doesn't need to see her again and she's free to travel.

I'll be one interested on how it turns out.

My MIL arrived on Tuesday through LAX with no issues. She handed the border agent her passport, green card, re-entry permit and a letter explaining her reason for an extended stay out of country. The agent didn't even look at the letter and she was moved through quickly with no questions asked.

Regarding the timeline for having both knees replaced: one year was the absolute best case scenario and we feel fortunate to have her back so soon. She had to register for the surgeries and was required to be there in-person to register, with no definitive timeline for wait times. It is also important to consider that she staggered her surgeries: knee #1 > recovery > therapy > knee #2 > recovery > therapy.

Had the agent been suspicious, she was prepared to provide documentation to support this. But alas, the particular agent that she met a POE was not.

One more note that may or may not apply to you, Billy. My MIL speaks little-to-no English. She also has physically limited and walks using a cane. She flew from Novosib to Moscow to LAX to SEA. Anyone who has had to make a connection to/from an international > domestic flight at LAX knows that it can be a challenge for people to make connections due to the proximity of the terminals and lack of "easy" transportation between terminals. Add to this the inability to speak or comprehend (much) English, a lack of technical savvy, and of course the aforementioned physical limitations and there is potential for problems. Fortunately, Alaska Airlines was very accommodating and provided support for her as she deboarded in LA and ensured she made it safely to her gate to meet her flight to SEA.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2017, 04:51:49 PM »
One more note that may or may not apply to you, Billy. My MIL speaks little-to-no English. She also has physically limited and walks using a cane.

Glad to learn your MIL had no problems. I think you MIL walking with a cane is factored in. I don't think any border agent wants to look bad turning around a person that is hurt or is temporarily disabled.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1950
Total: 1961

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM