It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317309 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #550 on: February 11, 2019, 02:24:09 PM »
I've raved and posted the works of Kseniya Simonova since she was pointed out to me in 2009 - before she went on to win Ukraine's got Talent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kseniya_Simonova#cite_note-:14-51

Thanks for that reference point.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #551 on: February 12, 2019, 12:55:30 AM »

Offline ML

« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2019, 02:50:02 PM »
Ochka got notice in US mail today that her Naturalization interview has been scheduled for late March 2019.

A big surprise because all previous correspondence had indicated a target date of August 2019.

At the interview she will be tested on reading, writing and speaking English; and on her knowledge of the government and history of the United States.

She will have no trouble with the English and, although the second part is not that difficult, it will still be a hassle to study for given her heavy course load already.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #553 on: February 19, 2019, 03:03:51 PM »
Ochka got notice in US mail today that her Naturalization interview has been scheduled for late March 2019.

A big surprise because all previous correspondence had indicated a target date of August 2019.

At the interview she will be tested on reading, writing and speaking English; and on her knowledge of the government and history of the United States.

She will have no trouble with the English and, although the second part is not that difficult, it will still be a hassle to study for given her heavy course load already.

The part about American history and how the US government works isn't difficult. There are videos on Youtube that will give her all the information.

My wife had no problems with the American history part of the test. I doubt she spent much more than 5 or 6 hours reading and testing herself in the months prior to the interview. I'd quiz her from time to time. 

She met people who passed the English knowledge test who couldn't do much more than say Hello and Thank you and count to 100 yet they somehow passed the English comprehension test.

Offline ML

« Reply #554 on: February 19, 2019, 03:11:58 PM »
Dave, yes I know the government and history part is not difficult stuff.
But that is not the point for wife.

She has practically zero time for such given her existing coursework and teaching.
We were expecting August, which would have given her several summer hours to spend on the study.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #555 on: February 19, 2019, 05:35:05 PM »
ahh I remember those days!!!
yes, get the most recent cheat sheet off the interweb and print it
leave on the kitchen table go over and help her memorize the questions, my wife said cheat sheet was essentially the actual test
my wife knew EVEN LESS than the average Trump voter about American History and System of Government
my wife actually has a negative score on this subject, meaning not only has she zero points but she's able to lower the points of people in close proximity of her
BUT she memorized the cheat sheet and got nearly a perfect score
I took all the credit of course for the cheat sheet
as my reward for helping
every morning for a month my wife had to sit naked at the foot of the bed with her feet tucked under her
her back arched and her breasts protruding straight forward
and she must ask me, "yes, master how may I serve you?"
and whatever I say, she has to do it, no matter what it is
and you know what's really bad?
I didn't tell her the correct time, I got 37 instead of 31 days!!!!
anyway, it worked for me!
you can use it if you want
got any of your own?

if ya gotta Russian woman problem...
in yur neigh-bor-hood!
who ya gonna call?
Russ Busters!

slovo!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 05:45:26 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Jamesukjames

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #556 on: February 19, 2019, 08:51:25 PM »
Master.  I prefer to be called sir.  It certainly makes waiters and bar tenders do a double take when your partner calls you sir in public.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #557 on: February 19, 2019, 09:06:23 PM »
American history.  Deny Viking landings.  Slaughter indigenous population or use bio logical weapons against them as in diseases they were not immune too.  Slaughter indigenous peoples food source.  Turn up late for 2 world wars and from then on meddle and try to influence the whole world as the self declared leaders of the world claim Christianity for the usa .  Try to hoard and control world resources.  Like all civilisations from as far back in time as you can go start to collapse under it's own weight.  There you go usa history in a nut shell.  Apart from the internal mess of intolerant cultures and races.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #558 on: February 19, 2019, 09:16:05 PM »
i say old chap, but weren't all those things in fact done by English Men?

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #559 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:20 PM »
American history.  Deny Viking landings. 

Actually a number of American universities have done studies on Vikings trips to modern day Canada and the US. There've been studies that have suggested the Vikings might have gotten as far as parts of the central US. Don't recall any studies saying the Vikings didn't land in the US. If these studies exist they'd probably be outnumbered by studies of Viking travels in the US.

Slaughter indigenous population or use bio logical weapons against them as in diseases they were not immune too.  Slaughter indigenous peoples food source.

Jamesukjames did you study UK and US history in school? Long before the US existed the UK and other European powers were in the Americas fighting indigenous peoples and stealing their food and resources.

These same European powers were doing the same in Africa and parts of Asia at the same time. When you have a moment google the map of the countries that the UK has invaded. It covers most of the world. 

Turn up late for 2 world wars

Both world wars started in Europe. Enough said.

and from then on meddle and try to influence the whole world as the self declared leaders of the world

The UK did the same for centuries in years past. UK fought France and Spain to maintain that title. Besides as mentioned above Europe wasn't very stable for most of the 20th century so some country had to take charge.

claim Christianity for the usa .

Haven't heard of that particular claim although the FBI and other law enforcement agencies have charged many clergy in the Catholic Church with child rape. Is that what you're referring to?

Try to hoard and control world resources.

Again I mention in the past when the UK was a world power they raped and plundered countries around the globe for food and resources. The US  has a great deal of resources. Add in agreements with Canadian companies and in North America alone we have considerably more. If you read the business section you'll see China is doing the same. Striking deals with Russia and countries in Asia and especially Africa.

Like all civilisations from as far back in time as you can go start to collapse under it's own weight.  There you go usa history in a nut shell.  Apart from the internal mess of intolerant cultures and races.

True. Greece eventually fell. Rome eventually fell. The Mongol Empire eventually fell. The UK eventually fell. Like all superpowers or empires eventually America will be #2 or worse to some new superpower(s). It will likely be a while though.

China has enough problems and many have speculated that China won't be able to make the leap to #1 global superpower due to internal and external struggles. I could be wrong, perhaps any children you might have should learn Mandarin? Personally I think the world would be far worse off if China and/or Russia were the world's only superpower(s). 

http://www.scmp.com/culture/books/article/2119810/jonathan-fenby-why-china-will-not-rule-world-21st-century-subject-his
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:34:56 PM by DaveNY »

Offline ML

« Reply #560 on: March 09, 2019, 12:21:28 PM »
I am confined to house with a bad cold.
Wife is out bringing in firewood for our wood furnace.
I feel bad about that.
Even worse, next week is her Spring Semester break and we had planned a lot of outdoor work.

But to cheer me up:  (1) a 6,000 square foot house is under construction in my development.
(2) Possibly will sell another acre parcel in next few weeks.

Offline ML

« Reply #561 on: March 15, 2019, 08:36:32 PM »
Wife is making some progress on the 100 Citizenship Questions despite only having time to read through one time.
I made note of the 15 or so she stumbled around with, and will retest her on those.
Only about 11 days to go.

How many of you knew that Maine and Vermont were not part of the original 13 states . . . liars.

Offline jone

« Reply #562 on: March 15, 2019, 10:51:00 PM »
Wife is making some progress on the 100 Citizenship Questions despite only having time to read through one time.
I made note of the 15 or so she stumbled around with, and will retest her on those.
Only about 11 days to go.

How many of you knew that Maine and Vermont were not part of the original 13 states . . . liars.

Hah.  All you have to do is look at the dates on the quarters you have in your pocket.  Those quarters came out based on the date that the state joined the union - or in the case of the original 13 colonies, when they ratified the constitution.   First state?   Delaware., etc.  How many remember when West Virginia became a state .... and why?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #563 on: March 16, 2019, 09:50:05 AM »
How many remember when West Virginia became a state .... and why?

I was sick a lot around that time period, so don't remember a lot of what happened.

Offline ML

« Reply #564 on: March 21, 2019, 09:25:11 PM »
I am scheduled for hernia operation in about 10 days; right in the belly button.

Man was out today to haul off some timber I gave away (he has small sawmill).

We were talking about many things and I mentioned the above.

He gave me the good news that a neighbor of his had the same operation 12 years ago.
Infection developed and spread and never was controlled.  He died.

I was glad Ochka wasn't here to hear it.

But it reminded me again that my financial state of affairs is extremely complicated and I don't think I can ever get it laid out so that Ochka (or anyone) can understand it all.  And I have even simplified it greatly in past 5 years or so (selling off a lot, closing out partnerships, interests in small businesses [I took a lot of ownership positions in lieu of cash for helping get them started], etc.) compared to previously.

Also realized that I have 7 or more email accounts with some info going to various ones [all for good reasons, at least originally] and dozens of passwords for accessing and paying bills (not much paper arriving now) and passwords for various investment accounts, etc., etc., etc.

A real mess for anyone, and even getting difficult for me to keep track of.

We do have updated wills, living medical powers, etc.

Fortunately we go for Ochka's citizenship interview next week, before my operation.

Offline Gator

« Reply #565 on: March 22, 2019, 07:17:42 AM »
ML,

First, the hernia surgery is simple.  I am a survivor.  Demand that your surgeon select a proven fabric. 

The surgery is necessary; otherwise, your intestine could become impinged, and that indeed risks fatal infection. Think about that if you now and then take trips to Ukraine or to Upper Bum**ck.

Regarding your financial affairs, it sounds as if you are already simplifying.  Good!  Along this line, I suggest you consolidate your investment accounts into two.  If you have not done it already, complete the beneficiary designation such that your heirs will have immediate access to your account without any legal entanglements.  One of your two remaining accounts should be with an active trustworthy manager (broker) who has performed well.  The manager can help Ochka, who perhaps is not competent about stock investments.  She and other heirs may elect to transfer your self-managed account to the manager. 

Do you have a complicated set of heirs, such as children.  If so, be careful in selecting your Estate Executor.

Offline msmob

« Reply #566 on: March 22, 2019, 07:25:03 AM »
I am scheduled for hernia operation in about 10 days; right in the belly button.

Man was out today to haul off some timber I gave away (he has small sawmill).

We were talking about many things and I mentioned the above.

He gave me the good news that a neighbor of his had the same operation 12 years ago.
Infection developed and spread and never was controlled.  He died.

You will be fine !))

Also realized that I have 7 or more email accounts with some info going to various ones [all for good reasons, at least originally] and dozens of passwords for accessing and paying bills (not much paper arriving now) and passwords for various investment accounts, etc., etc., etc.

Did senality just kick in?

Only a few days ago your were espousing the figures of VM trips and an organised mind ,))

I am teasing..
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 11:17:22 AM by msmob »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #567 on: March 22, 2019, 07:49:29 AM »
The surgeon will be too afraid to manage so many passwords and accounts, so don't worry he will do his best to let you survive.
 :P
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

« Reply #568 on: March 22, 2019, 09:35:17 AM »

Did senality just kick in?

Only a few days ago your were espousing the figures of VM trips and an organised mind ,))

I am teasing..

Actually you are on the right track.
I also had some neurological tests . . . and I only got 60% or so on the short term memory ability part.
Really frightens me because I have had unusual memory abilities my entire life.
I think the short term memory goes first, before the long term memory.

Offline ML

« Reply #569 on: March 22, 2019, 09:35:40 AM »
The surgeon will be too afraid to manage so many passwords and accounts, so don't worry he will do his best to let you survive.
 :P

Thanks Pat.

Offline ML

« Reply #570 on: March 22, 2019, 09:36:24 AM »
ML,

First, the hernia surgery is simple.  I am a survivor.  Demand that your surgeon select a proven fabric. 

The surgery is necessary; otherwise, your intestine could become impinged, and that indeed risks fatal infection. Think about that if you now and then take trips to Ukraine or to Upper Bum**ck.

Regarding your financial affairs, it sounds as if you are already simplifying.  Good!  Along this line, I suggest you consolidate your investment accounts into two.  If you have not done it already, complete the beneficiary designation such that your heirs will have immediate access to your account without any legal entanglements.  One of your two remaining accounts should be with an active trustworthy manager (broker) who has performed well.  The manager can help Ochka, who perhaps is not competent about stock investments.  She and other heirs may elect to transfer your self-managed account to the manager. 

Do you have a complicated set of heirs, such as children.  If so, be careful in selecting your Estate Executor.

Thanks for your 'pep' talk and the good advice.

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #571 on: March 22, 2019, 10:00:52 AM »

Really frightens me because I have had unusual memory abilities my entire life.

I never did and my short term memory ... what was I going to say?   ;)

I read somewhere that with the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes so is Alzheimer's. That demential is really diabetes of the brain. That is the glucose is having difficulty with insulin resistance of the brain cells so the brain cells start to deteriorate and die. I've read the alternative to glucose for energy is ketones, which are much smaller molecules than glucose and penetrate the blood-brain barrier easily. They are also not affected by insulin resistance. I hate bring this up because the suggestion of hope is often slapped down. 

Anyway ML, I hope things get better for us.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #572 on: March 22, 2019, 02:30:35 PM »

It's true.  To prove it to yourself, start naming friends from your youth, from your business days, and from  a few months ago. 

Do not fret if you forget where you placed you car keys.  Sadly, if you were to hand car keys to someone affected with Alzheimer's, they would not know the purpose of the keys.  If asked to draw a clock, they are unable to place hourly numbers in correct position. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #573 on: March 22, 2019, 07:12:44 PM »
It's true.  To prove it to yourself, start naming friends from your youth, from your business days, and from  a few months ago. 

Do not fret if you forget where you placed you car keys.  Sadly, if you were to hand car keys to someone affected with Alzheimer's, they would not know the purpose of the keys.  If asked to draw a clock, they are unable to place hourly numbers in correct position.

Oh, no!  My Mum is no longer allowed to drive.. She has been diagnosed as having Alzheimer's....She knows EXACTLY what the keys to her Range Rover look like..)).

She is on some new medication that has brought 'the old Mum' back to us...  and BOY does she know those keys.. ((

4 months ago, if you left one's own car keys around.. you might never see them again...

God bless pharmaceutical geniuses.

Offline ML

« Reply #574 on: March 24, 2019, 09:11:34 AM »
Periodically but not often, wife asks me what are the discussions here.
I tell her they are mostly about politics.

She says . . . where are the romance stories ??
Typical female.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541000
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1889
Total: 1900

+-Recent Posts

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM