It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Her commenting on your physical appearance  (Read 21154 times)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Her commenting on your physical appearance
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 07:17:55 AM »
красивая, красивый, красивое.

Sometimes красивый can be understood as "nice" instead of beautiful/handsome.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Aloe

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 07:40:25 AM »
Post your picture, and i'll tell you what i think :P

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 08:02:46 AM »
Capricone : listen : you mustn't compliment women on her look, and especially if you haven't yet meet her. Only nice guys are doing this, they believed they are saying something special (on site or in the real life). As a result, a 9 girl, can hear more than 20 times (in real life) : "you are beautiful" in just one month. You start your first seconds of real or virtual meeting with a big tag "loser".
You are in the classical western loop where a lot of guys now are waiting to be validated by women. Am i attractive ? Tell me i am strong ? My d.... is big, isn't it ?
I would advice you, especially in FSU to clean  this type of mindset of your head.

:ROFL:

But seriously Pat is right on with this.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 09:07:46 AM »
Capricone : listen : you mustn't compliment women on her look, and especially if you haven't yet meet her. Only nice guys are doing this, they believed they are saying something special (on site or in the real life).

I disagree. Men should compliment women on the looks. Just dont over do it and you must really mean what you saying.

As a result, a 9 girl, can hear more than 20 times (in real life) : "you are beautiful" in just one month. You start your first seconds of real or virtual meeting with a big tag "loser".
In online dating, a 6 girl can hear more then 20 times "you are beautiful" in just one hour. If she is not delusional with reality, the guys who give too many compliments will undermine her trust to them. Compliments should be natural and original. Writing same compliments (aka "you are beautiful") as many other guys do is just the thing to sink your own boat. Not complimenting at all woman on her looks is mistake as well

You are in the classical western loop where a lot of guys now are waiting to be validated by women. Am i attractive ? Tell me i am strong ? My d.... is big, isn't it ?
I would advice you, especially in FSU to clean  this type of mindset of your head.

You hit the nail on the head here.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 09:24:58 AM »
Now my curiosity is taking over  :cluebat:
Guys, what kind of compliments you like to receive from women and/or what kind of compliments could put you off?  ;D

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »
My Dad taught his sons to compliment a gf/wife no less than 3x daily. He advised that only 1 of the 3 be based on appearance and the other 2 be based on what she means to your life, what she brings to family happiness and health, her talents and abilities etc.

It seems to work.

A genuine compliment can in some instances lessen the heat of an argument if she realizes that you are sincere.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 09:51:03 AM »
I have read the first page so far and it is giving me a good laugh; based on my experiences when I met my wife. Anyway, to answer the OP;

I should say lack of commenting. If a RW thought you looked cute or ugly in the photos you send them would they tell you? It's hard to get a vibe from this girl. This is just in the email stage and she is not an agency scammer. I comment on her looks but she doesn't reciprocate. Other than that she replies quickly and seems interested.
 :-\

Her response to your physical appearance is directly proportional to the size of your wallet.

Now, to page two.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »
Guys, what kind of compliments you like to receive from women and/or what kind of compliments could put you off?  ;D

I'll go with one of Pat's classical western loop.  ;D
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 10:01:48 AM »

I respect compliments on or about my accomplishments, my attitude, morals, or on my talents, from men or women.

If you are a man and you are seeking compliments about your physical appearance, you best just ask only 1 woman about that. Your mother.

This brings to mind a friend of mine's mother, she is a very sweet woman and always has something nice to say to everyone.

On one occasion she was asked to comment on a woman's new born child, who might I add was less than attractive, and she said:    Oh, bless his little heart.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 10:06:47 AM »

If you are a man and you are seeking compliments about your physical appearance, you best just ask only 1 woman about that. Your mother.

Well in that case I'll ask mom to skip one of Pat's classic western loop.  8)

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 10:12:28 AM »

LOL

To the OP:
You are expecting a compliment because you are giving one?
Does she give you any compliments at all, about anything?
Does she compliment about other people to you?

Just Curious.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:17:16 AM by newjason »

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »

On one occasion she was asked to comment on a woman's new born child, who might I add was less than attractive, and she said:    Oh, bless his little heart.
That reminds me of a Dutch comedian who mentioned that if a baby looked ugly, you could always tell it seems to have a sweet character.

Five minutes later in a monologue of how his sister got married and had a child: This child had a sweet character, in fact the sweetest character I have ever seen....
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Kokopelli

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »
I should say lack of commenting. If a RW thought you looked cute or ugly in the photos you send them would they tell you? It's hard to get a vibe from this girl. This is just in the email stage and she is not an agency scammer. I comment on her looks but she doesn't reciprocate. Other than that she replies quickly and seems interested.
 :-\
Good news or bads news, you decide.
Start at 1:50

Offline Gator

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »
My Dad taught his sons to compliment a gf/wife no less than 3x daily. He advised that only 1 of the 3 be based on appearance and the other 2 be based on what she means to your life, what she brings to family happiness and health, her talents and abilities etc.

It seems to work.

This reference suggests 5 compliments.  RW are easy. :)

http://www.iamhusband.com/2008/04/compliment-to-criticism-ratio.html

In business climates I was taught that teams perform better if between peers there are three sincere compliments for every constructive criticism.  If a supervisor, the ratio is 10::1.

Of course this is for American society where we expect smiles and seek harmony.   Russians are strong.  They do not want sugar coating and they can deal with a shitstorm, as told to us by some RWD female members.   Also, IMO Russians stress perfection more than Americans (in Olympic Games a Silver Medal is for a loser).

Offline Gator

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »

Good question!   No one else tried, so I will.

TURN ON

A confident man needs no compliments, but if you can not restrain yourself, try these:

"What would I do without you!" goes a long way.   

"You make me laugh" is good, especially in the beginning.   

Good in bars at first meeting, "You are standing in a space reserved for good looking men, and you deserve to be there."   That works well with women dependent upon timing and delivery.

And my favorite, "You are so big" but I grow weary of that one.   ;)

Personally and seriously, I appreciate most a woman looking long into my eyes and slowly forming a tender smile, and closing her eyes while leaning forward.

TURN OFF

"Size does not matter."

"Your bald spot does not show."

And any comment that is obviously loaded: "Whatever" (from women means f..ck you), "Don't bother, I can handle it," "Fine," etc.

Offline Daveman

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »

:ROFL:

Good idea.. Mom probably has a that typical Mama long term memory AND the bath photos...
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Vasilisa

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »
As for the people I know I compliment on everything: personal traits, achievements, look, etc.
I am not very good at complimenting on the strangers' features though as I never start small talks.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:48:26 PM by Vasilisa »

Offline AmericanBoy

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »
Man that reporter is smoking!!!!  Thats the exact type of girl I would want to marry if I was going for a russian girl....

Can a native or someone who knows russian well tell me what lapochka means? I tried to translate it and it didnt come up correctly.

Offline Doll

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »
 "lapochka"  could be "sweetie", "cuitie", etc. Very affectionate.

Offline Daveman

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »

Can a native or someone who knows russian well tell me what lapochka means?

It means you have something "little" in your "lap"...  try the sock trick!

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Doll

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 05:14:16 PM »

It means you have something "little" in your "lap"...  try the sock trick!
In this word "lap" means "paw" :D

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
There is nothing wrong with giving compliments whether there are from men to women or women to men, regardless on looks, hair, what they are wearing, new clothes.  It is very healthy!

What I do not like is that women keep asking me something like "Do you find me attractive?"  when they did not mention nothing about me.  These women only love herself.   

These sort of women - I will eliminate

I also eliminate these women who keep on saying something like  "I am fat"  "I am ugly" etc

I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline Kokopelli

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »
"lapochka"  could be "sweetie", "cuitie", etc. Very affectionate.
Used mostly for a daughter?  :-\
Differs from Девочка моя?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:07:46 PM by Kokopelli »

Offline Kokopelli

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 05:50:23 PM »
Strangely, the comment I got quite a bit before during the first initial pic exchange was if I was an actor.

"You are actor?"

I didn't realized that cowboys and *indian* movies were popular in Russia...
My friend in Rostov likes cowboy movies.
So, I suggested "Blazing Saddles", he loved it.  :D
On the English Language learning site I posted a few topics about "Indians", I'm part Cherokee and Seminole. Of those interested, about 95% were Russian or Ukrainian.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »
There is nothing wrong with giving compliments whether there are from men to women or women to men, regardless on looks, hair, what they are wearing, new clothes.  It is very healthy!

What I do not like is that women keep asking me something like "Do you find me attractive?"  when they did not mention nothing about me.  These women only love herself.   

These sort of women - I will eliminate

I also eliminate these women who keep on saying something like  "I am fat"  "I am ugly" etc

Woman is a woman, man is a man. If you expect women to say "You are so cute" and "You are so attractive" then perhaps FSUW isnt for you. Nothing to do with selfishness. When we want something cute we get kitty (or лапочка  ;D ) but when we look for man we want him to be strong, reliable and confident.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541435
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1906
Total: 1914

+-Recent Posts

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Today at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Today at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Today at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by krimster2
Today at 08:03:06 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM