It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: children  (Read 224281 times)

Offline bbernard

children
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2006, 08:51:47 AM »
Welcome KenW and CCarten! Congrats on your parenthood! Children are a bundle of joy. :) I keep being told to wait until he is a teenager to see if I feel the sameway but somehow I don't think he could ever do anything to make me feel differently!!!

bbernard

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
children
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 12:04:58 PM »

Sorry guys but somehow I have not a wish to post her "older" photos here :D

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
children
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 12:14:29 PM »
She's a real beauty Elen!

In looking through these pictures all I can say is: We sure do have some wonderful kids don't we?!?

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
children
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 12:16:37 PM »
Elen13,

I always knew you were very protective of your daughter. :angel:
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline START2

children
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »
Have to say we all have some beautiful children. Never had the opp to raise a girl so I envy those of you that get to scare the begeebees out of those eventual 16 yr old boys that come knockin on your door.  That's our future were raising up. Keep them safe  and remember to instill in them that there is right and wrong. Our values become their values. Give them the opportunity to know God and how to honor Him.

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
  • Trips: > 10
children
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2006, 07:55:07 PM »
This is our little one Anastasia at 3-1/2

« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 06:23:00 AM by TigerPaws »

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
children
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »
Hey I know this is an old thread but my daughter keeps changing -

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
children
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2006, 06:25:31 PM »
She is a stunner Leslie. Those eyes will melt hearts all over the world!
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
children
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2006, 02:49:30 AM »
All I can say Leslie...is its a good thing she takes after your wife in the looks department!!!;)

Just Yankin' your chain, she's a cutie!!! I'm jealous!!!:)

All of you are very lucky & very fortunate. Treasure them always!!!!

RVR-Canadian Cowboy/Agency Owner

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:51:00 AM by Rvrwind »
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline Bruno

children
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2006, 04:29:04 AM »
Quote from: Rvrwind
Just Yankin' your chain, she's a cutie!!! I'm jealous!!!:)

Nothing and nobody stop you to make one yourself ! So, at work Richard ;)

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
children
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2006, 05:06:48 PM »
Nothing and nobody stop you to make one yourself ! So, at work Richard ;)

I wish that were true Bruno, unfortunately it is not & we can never have children, at least not my children. It is the one bump in our relationship & the one I feared & thought we had settled before we married. Unfortunately she sees all these pictures & her hormones start giving way to common sense & the reality of our situation.

Tis' someting I must deal with someday I know but at present we are at a stalemate. The problem also arises that she did not inform her Mother of this fact & everytime she visits or calls she wants to know when we are going to give her a Grandchild. Very sticky situation.:(

Our only option is Artificial Insemination & that is from what we have learned very unreliable here & much more costly than I can afford. So we are stuck with the situation as is & hopefully her hormones will stop shouting at her in the next couple of years & things will settle down. That or I'll wind up at the same hitchin' post as Jack, which is also a possibility.

RVR-Canadian Cowboy

Offline Wild Orchid*

children
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2006, 05:19:32 PM »
My girlfriend had to go through IVF treatment in MOscow, I believe it cost her 2 K per try, she had to give up after 3 attempts, but she was on russian income. If you are in Tver' may be you could consider visit to Moscow.

Offline Vaughn

children
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2006, 05:40:57 PM »
It's been a long while since either of us had a new baby around the household, but here's our Russian 17 year old baby, Lenara:

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
children
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2006, 03:52:39 AM »
Wild Orchid...We did look into that but at 2K per try it is out of our league at present. I do live in Tver but I also live on a Russian income. I am not rich & have unlimited resources like others hereabouts & my wife deffinitely did not marry me for my money. Maybein the futureshould things workout but right now, no chance.

RVR-Canadian Cowboy

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
children
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2006, 05:14:59 AM »
Ken Richard and Bruno,

Thanks for the kind comments.  Tamara is a mixture.  My eye color her mum's eye shape.  My bad temper, her mum's long legs ;)

At times she is a little angel. At others (like ALL of last night!) -  a fractious banshee :shock:

It's like rafting you have to go with the flow....

Vaughn Lenara is beautiful!  How are you coping with the boys??? :P

Richard

IVF is no easy option.  Some of my friends have been forced this way (A consequence of starting a family late in life)  It is an emotional roller coaster with NO guarantee of success.  In your situation adoption might be an easier option.  I will not say more on a public forum.  Good Luck which ever choice you make.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 06:17:00 AM by Leslie »

Offline Son of Clyde

children
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2006, 05:45:15 AM »
The photo's of the children (even the almost adult 17 year old) are very cute. Leslie, I hope your daughter is not always as grumpy as you can be. Maybe it is only the way you type and you are a good guy like all the other Brit's I have met.

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
children
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2006, 05:45:59 AM »
Quote from: Vaughn
It's been a long while since either of us had a new baby around the household, but here's our Russian 17 year old baby, Lenara:

What we don't see (off to the left and out of camera range) is Vaughn cleaning his shotgun with his foot on the latest boyfriends head! :D

Ken
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
children
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2006, 02:39:48 AM »
Thanks Leslie...I have no problem with adoption at all & would be more than willing to take on a homeless waif. Unfortunately my wife doesn't feel the same. As she is perfectly capable of bearing a child she wants her own. It is deffinitely a sticky situation. So far it hasn't been even close to a deal breaker but that is not to say that that trend will continue. For now I just grin & bear it & hope for the best.

And yes I can well imagine the emotional rollercoaster of the IVF process & with no guarrantees & repeat visits I can just see the costs skyrocketing. If I was a rich man I would be willing to go for it, but being as I ain't, it makes things difficult.

Maybe I need to take up a collection!!!:shock:;)

RVR-Canadian Cowboy

Offline ConnerVT

children
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 08:22:23 AM »
Quote from: Rvrwind
Maybe I need to take up a collection!!!

Now, what exactly are we collecting?...  :shock:

Nevermind...  :P

Offline mischief

children
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 10:04:16 AM »
Quote from: Leslie
At times she is a little angel. At others (like ALL of last night!) -  a fractious banshee 

LoL... Leslie, I know what you mean!!!  She is sooo cute though! My son couldn't take his eyes of her...  any plans to visit NYC sometime in the future? ;)

Here is my little "brat" :)...

Offline Son of Clyde

children
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2006, 10:15:35 AM »
Vaughn,

My stepson is 15 and is 6' tall 158 pounds. He looks about 17.  Your daughter looks perfect for him. 

Actually, he is still at the shy stage so he would probably not say much if they would ever meet. Right now he is still into video games and soccer.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 10:17:00 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Daknack

children
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006, 03:03:19 PM »
Ill wait till she turns 18.:shock:  VAVOOM!  Im a bad man...

Offline Vaughn

children
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2006, 06:53:17 PM »
Thanks for all the compliments about Lenara. It's been a pleasure to help raise her the past 3 years as she's extremely low-maintenance, and an honor student. She's had trouble making many American friends, and usually her night out will be with a more than a dozen Russian/Armenian/Moldovan kids of both genders - they fill an entire row at the moviehouse, and several tables at Chi-Chi's afterwards. Many of these kids looked forward to becoming teenagers in the FSU - and for one reason or another, wound up in North Carolina - where, apparently, there are no venues for them to dance - they organize their own parties and dance to reggaeton.

Because my first wife could not bear children, we decided to adopt, and ended up with two healthy daughters, 4 years apart. Adoption's not for everyone - we had to think long and hard about all aspects. In 1983 we visited an orphanage in the Houston area - that visit sealed it - we did not see how we could survive without blessing ourselves with one of these children. Even back then, I liked things Russian, so we named our first daughter Lara, who's now almost 20. She's half English, and half Norwegian, and as it turns out she looks alot like my 3 sisters. Lara and I are as close as a father and daughter can be. Here's my firstborn, my Lara....

Offline bbernard

children
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »
Quote from: Vaughn
Thanks for all the compliments about Lenara. It's been a pleasure to help raise her the past 3 years as she's extremely low-maintenance, and an honor student. She's had trouble making many American friends, and usually her night out will be with a more than a dozen Russian/Armenian/Moldovan kids of both genders - they fill an entire row at the moviehouse, and several tables at Chi-Chi's afterwards. Many of these kids looked forward to becoming teenagers in the FSU - and for one reason or another, wound up in North Carolina - where, apparently, there are no venues for them to dance - they organize their own parties and dance to reggaeton.

Because my first wife could not bear children, we decided to adopt, and ended up with two healthy daughters, 4 years apart. Adoption's not for everyone - we had to think long and hard about all aspects. In 1983 we visited an orphanage in the Houston area - that visit sealed it - we did not see how we could survive without blessing ourselves with one of these children. Even back then, I liked things Russian, so we named our first daughter Lara, who's now almost 20. She's half English, and half Norwegian, and as it turns out she looks alot like my 3 sisters. Lara and I are as close as a father and daughter can be. Here's my firstborn, my Lara....

Vaughn,

You are a good man!!!! I am sure your daughters couldn't have asked for anyone better than you to be their father figure... Good for you!  :clapping:

bbernard 

Offline Vaughn

children
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2006, 08:56:25 PM »
Thank you, bbernard, for the words of praise. Now I'll just tuck those into my pocket as I head off to bed.....so many men here have been blessed with good wives and adorable children.

as I mentioned in my PM that's a very lovely lady in your avatar!!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1884
Total: 1895

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM