It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Poroshenko claims Ukraine is now being offered weapons by NATO.  (Read 158924 times)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Poroshenko claims Ukraine is now being offered weapons by NATO.
« Reply #225 on: September 15, 2014, 09:41:37 AM »
Guns are starting to come into Ukraine and I couldn't be more happy with the news. 

Unless of course the Europeans are cowards
I though you were AGAINST war?
Guess that you will be cheering for every victim that falls in Ukraine, including those among your family.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #226 on: September 15, 2014, 09:41:57 AM »
Open Letter to President Poroshenko

September 7, 2014

“Dear Petro Oleksiyovych,

Good evening. Pardon me for my approach. It’s not as if I don’t know the rules of Ukrainian grammar on how to address a person, but I simply wish to speak with you informally.

Where I am now, a battle has only recently ceased. The enemy bombarded our position intensively, here in the village of Pisky, near Donetsk. They fired everything imaginable. Our battalion “OUN” has been defending the front lines from this location for the past three weeks.

One day here is the same as the next. The shelling regularly begins at about 17:00 hours and continues until 24:00 hours. The hit us with artillery, mortars, and all manner of small arms fire. At other times of the day we are stalked by snipers and subjected to random volleys of ordnance such as mortars. But let’s think nothing of it, Petro Oleksiyovych. We are holding our own. That’s war. Slowly we are growing accustomed to it. Life goes on. We realize that this war will be a long war.

Now, about the ceasefire, I must say that from what I can tell, the other side knows nothing about it. That’s the way they are. When a bombardment ends the silence is over-whelming. It is a bitter and harsh silence, silence like a scalpel. If you listen closely, it’s as if God himself is tearing the world as we know it in half, separating his children from the children of the devil, after having separated their souls from their bodies. The devil must be with those people; they have no soul.

Our soldiers find rest in trenches. “Dolyna” stores his cigarettes in his gloves; “Yurist” crawls into the fox hole in order to catch a few hours of sleep, cradling his rifle the way he used to embrace his wife. “Skyba” has to change his sweat-soaked shirt after the battle, while “Bilyi” appears to be praying, from what I can tell.

We won’t disturb them. They are listening to the silence, and every one of them, other than the sentinels, are hoping to fall asleep. Petro Oleksiyovych, you’d never believe how good it is to fall asleep in a slit trench after surviving a battle. This earth is our land, reassuring, and warm, and soft, just like one remembers of baba’s comforters back in the village life of our childhood.

This is our homeland. We are one with it. When we are in these trenches we could stay underground forever if events turn out that way. Truth be told, however, each of us would appreciate another chance to emerge from them, if only for one more time. Today our combatants did everything possible within their abilities, and they more than earned this rest under the protection of our native land. They have survived, and have defended the front lines. They are true heroes.

Petro Oleksiyovych, you might wonder why I am writing to you for a second time, neglecting other more important things, but my men are the ones who really do the work. After our video address to you a week ago, when we asked our government to supply us with weapons, my men told me, ‘write to him. Write to him on behalf of all of us. He is our President. He will listen to you and send assistance.’ I asked them, ‘why do you suppose Petro Oleskiyovych will listen to me? He does not know me; we are not acquaintances.’

‘But you know him.’

‘OK. I know him, in the same way we all know the leader of our country. He is our President.’

‘Is it possible that the leader of the country, whether the President or some other government functionary, does not know who the country’s poets are? If a government representative does not know our poets, then we don’t need any foreign Khuilo, we have enough of our own. (This term, Khuilo, is the one they themselves used, so I ask that you forgive them for it; it really is the most appropriate description, given the circumstances.)

‘How many poets does the country have?’

‘Two, maybe three hundred.’

‘There you have it,’ they say, ‘it takes a thousand, or maybe several thousand other activists, political or otherwise, to equal one poet. Those in government simply must know their country’s poets.’

Further, activists come and go, but a poet is remembered in life and in death, always remaining with his nation. In a word, my men were very convincing.

I can honestly say, Petro Oleksiyovych, that if possible, I would be a poet for the rest of my life. Now, however, because of this war, everything is turning out differently.

The options are very clear: one is either born a man, or not born at all. What I mean is that if you are born a real man, then in the event that a war comes to your country, you will be ready and willing to defend her or to die for her, as the case may be. You will not wait for someone to summon you, or demand terms and conditions, a verbal or written contract.

We are the same age, you and I, Petro Oleksiyovych. We are both 49 years old. Now, at our age, who could possibly tell us how we ought to defend our homeland? For your part, you are defending Ukraine as best you can, and we are grateful. As for me, simply put, I approached the active forces, but was turned away. I came to the volunteer battalion, Azov, and they accepted me.

Then the occasion presented itself for the establishment of one more battalion. Imagine that! We were able to send to the battlefield an additional five hundred volunteer combatants. It would have been a shame to let the opportunity pass. A commanding officer was easily found in the person of Mykola Kokhanivskyi, an incredible man.

We approached (Valerii) Heletyi (Minister of Defence) and he said ‘no’; then we went to (Arsen) Avakov (Minister of Internal Affairs), and he likewise said ‘no’. I have personally known some other ministers for quite a long time, including Serhii Kvit and Zhenia, I mean Yevhen Nischuk. Unfortunately, neither the Minister of Culture nor the Minister of Education had the authority to grant official status to our formation as a volunteer battalion, or to put weapons in our hands. And the ministers you have for armed forces are rather strange boys.

But do I, Borys Humeniuk, really need someone’s blessing or permission? So we gathered together ordinary hunting rifles and proceeded east. Very quickly we came to an understanding with the army stationed there, and were given our own section of the front lines. The rest is predictable: one battle nets us enemy weapons we can use; there are more “trophies” from the next battle; our spoils of war increase with the third battle.

When these guys flee the battlefield, they leave all their heavy equipment behind. Not only the machine guns, and the RPGs, and the boxes of ammunition but also their wounded and their dead. We provide medical care to their wounded, and return their dead to the earth, but their machine guns and grenade launchers become our armaments. Our battalion constantly experiences a dearth of rifles, so when we find some, we definitely keep them.

It is precisely the question of small arms, dear Petro Oleksiyovych, that is the reason for writing to you now, and the source of other difficulties. We depend on the Ukrainian nation, volunteers from all over the country, to provide us with food and clothing. In the meantime, it is the separatists, our enemies, who provide us with weapons once they are defeated. It is our hope that the Ukrainian government, the same government we are defending, will consider our needs and provide us with the weapons we so desperately need.

Dear Petro Oleksiyovych! We are not asking for salaries or for official recognition as combatants. Our request is for 300-400 automatic rifles.
I promise that you will be hearing a great deal about the exploits of our battalion, but this will be the last time we will bother you.

(A story is told about an old woman who had come to the Maidan, but was too poor to buy a flag, so she knit one from yellow and blue yarn. This same woman has now made the decision to mortgage her home, one can say her very life savings, in order to obtain a loan with which to make a donation to those at the front. My own efforts pale in comparison to what she has done. See the quality of people, Petro Oleksiyevych, who make up our nation! It is a great joy and honour to risk my life on the battlefield for person like her and a people like this.)

P.S. It has been over 20 years since my last book of poetry, but this war has inspired me to write once more. These are now words steeped in blood. Some friends have published these poems in a new book which will be launched at a book fair in Lviv. My brothers in arms have made it possible for me to travel there. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to the Lviv Publishers’ Forum. All the best Ukrainian poets will be in one place. You will have lots to speak with them about.

Sincerely,
Borys Humeniuk, author
Deputy Commander, Battalion OUN

Euromadian
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #227 on: September 15, 2014, 09:46:07 AM »

I feel your pain.  You're one of those rare individuals who can take simple truths and turn them into complex lies.  Occam's Razor must give you a migraine.

Take the downing of MH-17 for example;  the Russian terrorists operating in Ukraine took immediate credit for downing this aircraft on social media, and only took down their posts once they realized that it was a civilian aircraft and not a military one.

Then there's the overwhelming evidence, as presented by Stirlitz who lives in Odessa and speaks fluent Russian, that Russian language was never in any real way ever threatened in Ukraine.  We could have hundreds of thousands or even millions of Stirlitz's come on this forum, and you would still find a way to deny reality.  It's like that for confused zombies like you, isn't it?

And now there's the fact that your hero's, the pro-Russian separatists, have stooped to the level of ISIS and committed the brutality of beheading a Ukrainian prisoner.  You should be so proud of the side you are cheering on.

You're all over the board and subjects with hardly any significant rebuttal to offer when your every *guess* is challenged and corrected. A definite sign of someone shooting from the hip.

You *leave no doubt*.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:56:44 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2014, 10:29:33 AM »
Please send $$$$, we are not getting any of the funds that you received.

Sincerely,
Borys Humeniuk, author
Deputy Commander, Battalion OUN

Euromadian
Summary.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #229 on: September 15, 2014, 10:57:39 AM »
Summary.

Boy Shadow, as a political analyst you would starve to death.  :ROFL:

I promise you that the Russian analysts, unofficially of course, will not agree with your statement.

However, this speaks volumes about you.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2014, 01:22:52 PM »
Don't be ignorant. No invitation by any nation to invade another country gives anyone the right to invade a sovereign nation. A UN resolution must first be in place giving passage for legal intervention. This is what happened in Libya. This is why nations, including the US, bombed its government officials and forces to oblivion. That should have explained to you WHY the US was there. Not because *they want us there*, LMAO.

Did Putin get said UN resolution prior to invading Crimea?  Yes or No.

Did Putin get that UN resolution prior to invading E. Ukraine?  Yes or No.

You were saying something about "don't be ignorant"?  Don't expect me to give you any lengthy rebuttals at all, when you cannot answer simple questions.  It's painfully obvious that no matter how many time the Ukrainian speakers on this forum correct you, you come back with more inane and lengthy posts; which I would say are designed to detract people from simple truths.  Either you are a paid blogger for the Kremlin, or you are the village idiot of this forum.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »
Did Putin get said UN resolution prior to invading Crimea?  Yes or No.

Did Putin get that UN resolution prior to invading E. Ukraine?  Yes or No.

You were saying something about "don't be ignorant"?  Don't expect me to give you any lengthy rebuttals at all, when you cannot answer simple questions.  It's painfully obvious that no matter how many time the Ukrainian speakers on this forum correct you, you come back with more inane and lengthy posts; which I would say are designed to detract people from simple truths.  Either you are a paid blogger for the Kremlin, or you are the village idiot of this forum.

Holy Smokes! Mr. No Doubt strikes again, Batman!

I'll tell you what I'm going to do, I would let you mull over what self-determination means and how it applies to ANY autonomous state. Show me exactly how much YOU know.

"..On 26 February 2014, following the 2014 Ukrainian revolution, thousands of pro-Russian and pro-Ukraine protesters clashed in front of the parliament building in Simferopol. The pretext of the clash was the abolition, on 23 February 2014, of the law on languages of minorities, including Russian.This decision, that would make Ukrainian the sole state language, has not been upheld by interim Ukraine president Turchynov.

The demonstrations followed the ousting of Ukraine President Viktor Yanukovych on 22 February 2014, and a push by pro-Russian protesters for Crimea to secede from Ukraine and seek assistance from Russia...
"

How's that for a lengthy post?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:35:06 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2014, 03:25:21 PM »
Holy Smokes! Mr. No Doubt strikes again, Batman!

I'll tell you what I'm going to do, I would let you mull over what self-determination means and how it applies to ANY autonomous state. Show me exactly how much YOU know.

"..On 26 February 2014, following the 2014 Ukrainian revolution, thousands of pro-Russian and pro-Ukraine protesters clashed in front of the parliament building in Simferopol. The pretext of the clash was the abolition, on 23 February 2014, of the law on languages of minorities, including Russian.This decision, that would make Ukrainian the sole state language, has not been upheld by interim Ukraine president Turchynov.

The demonstrations followed the ousting of Ukraine President Viktor Yanukovych on 22 February 2014, and a push by pro-Russian protesters for Crimea to secede from Ukraine and seek assistance from Russia...
"

How's that for a lengthy post?

That's nice.  Now after that scuffle, did Putin go to the United Nations and get that resolution?  Yes or No.

Ever hear of the Ukrainian Constitution?  I have no doubt you have, and I have no doubt that the Ukrainian speakers on this forum have already previously pointed out to you that any push for a vote to secede from the rest of Ukraine, would require a vote by the entire country of Ukraine to be legitimate, per the Constitution of Ukraine, a sovereign nation, ie, not Russia.

Let that sink in for a little bit Einstein and get back to us.  Or should every bully nation in the world be allowed to invade a smaller country, over a little scuffle, which was nothing but a pretext, as we now know Mr. KGB himself planned his little pretext and little invasion years ago.

Take your time villager, and tell us, should every larger country be allowed in the New Putinesque World Order, to invade a smaller nation, over a little scuffle?

:ROFL:

I'm leaning towards village idiot.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2014, 04:43:34 PM »

That's nice.  Now after that scuffle, did Putin go to the United Nations and get that resolution?  Yes or No.

Ever hear of the Ukrainian Constitution?  I have no doubt you have, and I have no doubt that the Ukrainian speakers on this forum have already previously pointed out to you that any push for a vote to secede from the rest of Ukraine, would require a vote by the entire country of Ukraine to be legitimate, per the Constitution of Ukraine, a sovereign nation, ie, not Russia.

Let that sink in for a little bit Einstein and get back to us.  Or should every bully nation in the world be allowed to invade a smaller country, over a little scuffle, which was nothing but a pretext, as we now know Mr. KGB himself planned his little pretext and little invasion years ago.

Take your time villager, and tell us, should every larger country be allowed in the New Putinesque World Order, to invade a smaller nation, over a little scuffle?

:ROFL:

I'm leaning towards village idiot.

:rolleyes:

You're having a hard time with *self-determination*, I see...

Fool...silent...speak...no doubt.

You're the perfect example of the demise of the US education system. Worst, you're loose in the internet spraying your stupidity and leaving the rest of the world with *no doubt*.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:51:34 PM by GQBlues »

lordtiberius

« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2014, 06:12:37 PM »
The poster child for atheism folks

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2014, 08:31:28 PM »
:rolleyes:

You're having a hard time with *self-determination*, I see...

Fool...silent...speak...no doubt.

You're the perfect example of the demise of the US education system. Worst, you're loose in the internet spraying your stupidity and leaving the rest of the world with *no doubt*.

So apparently your theory is that if only the US education system were better, I would agree that Putler had a right to invade and then annex Crimea on some trumped up allegations as the result of a little scuffle? 

So where does that leave those people educated and raised in Ukraine, who clearly know the laws of their land much better than you?  Are they also the product of an alleged inferior education, and if only they could read an RT version of events, they would see the light?

Your post reeks of an attitude of wanting to be superior.  Hitler and his Nazi bunch thought that they were superior, and although it took a worldwide effort, they went down in flames and rubble after six years from the date they started WWII.

Self-determination?  The Ukrainian people would love it if it were only that simple!  The Ukrainian people would be going about their normal business, in peace without any conflict or blood-shed, if only the Dictator for life to their East would respect such an ideal!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »
LOL. I am elated I was able to edukate you on some issues you thought you knew but were obviously clueless on. So much so you're embracing my Batman tough love and are carrying it as a reminder you are an ignorant duff...but thanks to my uncanny abilities and abundance of skill, I had once again shed a little wisdom on the proverbial MOB scum barrel.

Long live the MOB!!! May you carry the proud banner forever more!

LMAO

Offline fathertime

« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2014, 09:25:58 PM »
The poster child for atheism folks

What does atheism have to do with anything?  He can be atheism, christian, muslim, whatever...Are we supposed to say you are the poster child for Christianity as an attempt at an insult?

Fathertime!     
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »
LOL. I am elated I was able to edukate you on some issues you thought you knew but were obviously clueless on. So much so you're embracing my Batman tough love and are carrying it as a reminder you are an ignorant duff...but thanks to my uncanny abilities and abundance of skill, I had once again shed a little wisdom on the proverbial MOB scum barrel.

Long live the MOB!!! May you carry the proud banner forever more!

LMAO

Keep the insults coming. 

Meanwhile,

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2014, 12:11:19 AM »
The heading may say RUSSIAN women discussion,but it covers all FSU women,including Ukraine..you know the country that Russia has invaded and killed citizens of ?

The fact that Putins popularity has soared in Russia since his invasion and theft of Crimea,and the continuing support of the majority of Russian people for his killing fields in Ukraine against their little brothers and sisters,says all we need to know about Russians.

They shouldn't be cheerleading too much though..magnify the comments of Stirlitz by many millions and that is what Russia has now created on it's border.

People who have lost everything,their families and homes,now have nothing to lose..just imagine the terrorist havoc they can now cause in Russia,let alone the ongoing war of attrition in Ukraine which may well last years..that is the legacy Putin will leave Russia .

Don't believe me ? Well imagine if the roles were reversed how the Russians would react....Ukrainians are not a people to mess with.

Afghanistan will seem like a walk in the park for Russian troops compared to what Ukraine will become..and remind us how that went for you ?

You say all Russians are rotten. Lets say Putin has a 80% popularity, the 20% who
disapprove are rotten as well?

Ukraine is infinitely easier to invade and control than Afghanistan.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2014, 12:49:29 AM »
Read what i said...i said the MAJORITY of Russian people support Putin  and his killing fields in Ukraine..they'll be the rotten ones....still a high percentage.

80% would be a majority yes ?

Where did i say ALL Russians are rotten ? Don't put words in my mouth.

Remind me how easily potential Ukrainian terrorists will be able to blend into the Russian cities and cause carnage...that will include the many Ukrainians already living in Russia.

Putin thought he could just stroll into eastern Ukraine with very little resistance,and all the residents would flock to join Russia..just like a couple of arrogant Russian posters on here thought,particularly a woman poster who was initially mocking the lack of action from Ukrainian troops but has now gone very quiet.

With many Russian troops now going home in body bags,as i said they would be..hasn't quite worked out like that has it ?

Then tell me how much easier Russia's war against Ukraine will be compared to Afghanistan...and how easy it will be to control Ukrainians.

Don't underestimate Ukrainian people..they're as hard as nails,smart,patriotic and proud.....and Russia has now made millions of enemies it didn't previously have....on it's very border and internally....smart move Putin. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:23:09 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2014, 04:25:08 AM »
The enemies were there, they just did not say it out loud.
Its better to have feelings out in the open as hidden behind a backstabbing smile.

As for atheism, it beats gullability every day.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #242 on: September 16, 2014, 07:54:28 AM »

:applaud:

lordtiberius

« Reply #243 on: September 16, 2014, 09:36:45 AM »

Because it helps your ability to reason or your ability to spell?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2014, 09:50:42 AM »
Because it helps your ability to reason or your ability to spell?
If one wanted to be picky it would appear your religious affiliation hasn't stopped you from writing sentence fragments.

Fathertime!

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #245 on: September 16, 2014, 10:08:41 AM »
The enemies were there, they just did not say it out loud.
Its better to have feelings out in the open as hidden behind a backstabbing smile.

No they weren't. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Shadow

« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »

lordtiberius

« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2014, 01:56:05 PM »
Yes they were.

You're right FT.  Punctuation, too.

Offline AC

• Banned Member

lordtiberius

« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2014, 08:34:20 PM »
The tin foil hats in the Putin camp will have a hard time explaining this one:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/applause-but-no-arms-for-ukraine-1411081952

Applause, but No Arms, for Ukraine
Poroshenko gets a photo op, but little else, from Obama.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2377
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2359
Total: 2370

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM