It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The big deal: Putin intends to dismantle the world order  (Read 40584 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: The big deal: Putin intends to dismantle the world order
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2017, 04:50:26 PM »

The funding of extremist groups in western Europe is well known. The attempts to influence events in France and Holland currently illustrates how much affect the Kremlin meddling is having.

Vladimir Putin’s Political Meddling Revives Old KGB Tactics
Russia is returning to the playbook of the Cold War in its covert efforts to interfere with elections in the West

Last month, former CIA Director Michael Hayden said that, during the 2016 election, the Kremlin had pulled off a “covert influence campaign” that “was probably the most successful in recorded history.” It has become accepted wisdom that Russia’s interference in the presidential campaign represents a fundamentally new sort of intrusion into a modern democracy’s inner workings.

But the Kremlin’s efforts—designed to help elect Donald Trump, according to the consensus view of the U.S. intelligence community—aren’t so new. In fact, they are a revival of Soviet covert behavior that dates back to the Cold War.

Recent Russian meddling has indeed involved some innovative techniques, including the release of troves of information collected clandestinely and the penetration of the Democratic National Committee’s email servers. The Kremlin has found a target-rich environment in a Facebook-dominated world where media narratives are easy to manipulate and public trust in traditional media is hitting rock bottom.
Such tactics echo today’s headlines. In France, Emmanuel Macron, who hopes to defeat Kremlin favorite Marine Le Pen in May’s presidential election, has endured a whispering campaign claiming that he is secretly gay, fanned in part by online trolls and outlets close to Ms. Le Pen’s xenophobic National Front. The “story” went viral this month after it ran on Sputnik, a Kremlin-controlled news agency, which asserted that Mr. Macron has a “very wealthy gay lobby behind him.”

In the 1960s and ’70s, the KGB spread similar rumors about two of the Soviet Union’s legendary nemeses, FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover and Sen. Henry “Scoop” Jackson. As Mitrokhin, the KGB defector, later wrote, the KGB tried to spread rumors in the U.S. media that Hoover had promoted “homosexuals from whom he expected sexual favors.” In a 1976 operation against Jackson, the KGB forged a memo in which Hoover “reported” in 1940 that the senator was gay and sent it to newspapers and Jimmy Carter’s presidential campaign.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/vladimir-putins-political-meddling-revives-old-kgb-tactics-1487368678
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2017, 05:05:27 PM »
This is probably as good a place as any to put this.

British journalist and TV presenter Reggie Yates went to Russia in 2015 to film the next country in his series "Extreme..."  The first programme is devoted to far right-wing extremist groups, and his meetings with their various representatives.  This started showing on TV here last week (I can't remember seeing it before), and some of the stuff spouted by the people interviewed is truly frightening.

Here's a link:

For some reason only a small part of the screen is used, but it doesn't detract from the message.  The immediate reaction I got from the march at the start of the programme is that the flags (yellow, black and white) of the main featured group are the same as those used by Kunstkammer in his avatar here - that's scary!

There are two more in the series, but I'll wait to watch them rather than jumping straight onto YouTube.

Edited to add:

I forgot to write that the attitudes towards immigrants and immigration displayed in this programme are pretty much identical to those displayed by MANY people in the USA.  And please, don't anybody obfuscate by claiming that the attitudes displayed by THOSE Americans relate only to ILLEGAL immigrants.  They don't.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 05:36:07 PM by Anotherkiwi »

Offline jone

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2017, 06:31:57 PM »
Kiwi,

There is a great difference between breaking the law and coming into the country, legally.  You need to acknowledge that if you expect to have a say in telling Americans what to do in their own country.  I reject, outright, the idea that most Americans think badly towards immigrants who come to America legally.  Even our current President feels graciously towards immigrants who come here through legal means.  After all, he married two of 'em. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2017, 03:13:45 AM »
Kiwi,

There is a great difference between breaking the law and coming into the country, legally.  You need to acknowledge that if you expect to have a say in telling Americans what to do in their own country.  I reject, outright, the idea that most Americans think badly towards immigrants who come to America legally.

Where did I say that?  Certainly not in the post you quoted.

Even our current President feels graciously towards immigrants who come here through legal means.  After all, he married two of 'em.

Well, one of them was legal, anyway.  The other?  Not so sure, if some of the people who knew her (and worked with her) when she first arrived in the USA are to be believed.  Anyway, that's history  now - I'm sure there would have been some amnesty which would have covered all Eastern European models, and I'm not talking about the Trabant!  ;D

Offline JayH

« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »

As long as Trump fails to make it clear what HIS views are - the world will remain in a hiatus.
Trumps own statements that appear to contradict with what some of his representatives have said has added to the uncertainty.
Every day that it remains unclear  emboldens Putin& Russia

As Moscow Advances, U.S. Allies Look Warily to Trump for Clarity

No decisions on a deal with Russia are imminent, but lingering uncertainty over U.S. commitment to East European democracies is helping to redraw the lines in the meantime. Leaders in Bulgaria and Moldova are listing back toward Moscow. And anti-E.U. candidates in France and Germany are finding common cause with Moscow ahead of elections later this year, sowing concern among traditional U.S. allies. "The liberal international order that the United States and its European allies have upheld since the end of World War II is in danger of unraveling," a recent Carnegie Endowment report on the breakdown in U.S.-Russia relations warns, "and there is mounting concern that the United States may abandon its commitment to preserving this order."
http://time.com/4672985/moscow-russia-us-politics/
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Gator

« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2017, 09:32:15 PM »
As long as Trump fails to make it clear what HIS views are - the world will remain in a hiatus.
Trumps own statements that appear to contradict with what some of his representatives have said has added to the uncertainty.

Some day you will realize what you describe as unclear, uncertainty  and contradiction are expected elements of Trump's management style, sometimes even intended.   

Every day that it remains unclear  emboldens Putin& Russia   

You have many threads going and you copiously cut and paste in all of them.  It is difficult to understand your specific positions.   Yesterday somewhere you wrote that the Kremlin regrets its investment in Trump.  Now, in contrast,  you say Putin is emboldened.    So which is correct?

I tell you what is correct, Obama's retreat in the world has emboldened Putin.  Look at the steps: Georgia invasion (done just before Obama took office and Russia paid no price afterwards for its aggression,  Putin bluffs Obama over the red line, Putin sensing that Obama  is feckless  seizes Crimea, Putin's henchmen soon occupy SE Ukraine, Putin deploys his military in Syria to prop up Assad and fill the vacuum left by America's withdrawal,  Putin allies with Iran in the Middle East,....

None of these aggressive steps prompted you to protest that they made Putin feel emboldened.    Eight years later after a series of very bold, aggressive steps you now assert Putin is emboldened because Trump does not tip his hand.  You make no sense. 

If you felt that Putin was not emboldened with Crimea, Syria, etc. yet is now emboldened, you must be so frightened that you are shitting kangaroos. 

If you fret that Trump is abandoning NATO, read what Mattis has to say.  And listen to Trump after he has his full Cabinet and they have their staff.   It's early. 

Please no more cut and paste.  Create your own response to the  specific discussion. 

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2017, 09:51:22 PM »

Some day you will realize what you describe as unclear, uncertainty  and contradiction are expected elements of Trump's management style, sometimes even intended.   

That is just a partisan and hypocritical (For specifically you) way of describing his style.  The fact is, he often doesn't choose to possess the 'rigor' you recently professed in another post that you demand!  Typical!

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline JayH

« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2017, 11:57:40 PM »

You have many threads going and you copiously cut and paste in all of them.  It is difficult to understand your specific positions.   Yesterday somewhere you wrote that the Kremlin regrets its investment in Trump.  Now, in contrast,  you say Putin is emboldened.    So which is correct?

I tell you what is correct, Obama's retreat in the world has emboldened Putin.  Look at the steps: Georgia invasion (done just before Obama took office and Russia paid no price afterwards for its aggression,  Putin bluffs Obama over the red line, Putin sensing that Obama  is feckless  seizes Crimea, Putin's henchmen soon occupy SE Ukraine, Putin deploys his military in Syria to prop up Assad and fill the vacuum left by America's withdrawal,  Putin allies with Iran in the Middle East,....

None of these aggressive steps prompted you to protest that they made Putin feel emboldened.    Eight years later after a series of very bold, aggressive steps you now assert Putin is emboldened because Trump does not tip his hand.  You make no sense. 

If you felt that Putin was not emboldened with Crimea, Syria, etc. yet is now emboldened, you must be so frightened that you are shitting kangaroos. 

If you fret that Trump is abandoning NATO, read what Mattis has to say.  And listen to Trump after he has his full Cabinet and they have their staff.   It's early. 

Please no more cut and paste.  Create your own response to the  specific discussion.

Not going to happen ! The point of articles that contains content and often counterpoint in them-- you would see that if you read. I posted a link -repeated in Krimsters thread -- that presents factual details of Trump dealings -- it does not present a pretty picture .
You are not alone today in querying threads-Now -- please read this after you have had your afternoon nap --

Threads

This thread
The big deal: Putin intends to dismantle the world order    Started Sept13 2016

Specifically is about Putins attempting to change the balance of power -the title is clear enough.

UKRAINE & USA Relationship under Trump  Nov 19 2016
Started after the election with many specific questions still unanswered to this day

THE TRUMP DOCTRINE  Starte d Feb1 2016

Was intended to be about Trumps manifesto-- his overall plan and ongoing execution of it.

THE TRUMP PATH TO IMPEACHMENT  started FEB15th 2016
Instead of polluting other threads with what may or may not be a short term issue -- and with many rumours flying I considered it appropriate to try and concentrate the discussion here of  what was very hot news.
This is still very much a game in action-- so keep following!

I am not keen on seeing a proliferation of threads on the same topic -- so in each case the intention was to direct discussion on specific issues . The difficulty at the moment is that Trump is central to them all.

The notion that they are not read is simply incorrect--  the figures prove otherwise. To be bloody minded and refuse to read links--mmm-- what can I say !

If you had read and understood various things I have written you would see I was critical of Obama over Ukraine -- but --I also recognised he did have a plan to deal with Russia . That can now be the basis of the next stage to deal with Russia.
What you seem to have missed in your belligerent bias is that Trump has been hopelessly conflicted over Russia.It should not be necessary for me to continually repeat what has gone on in this last month at the Whitehouse -- and why it was/is of so much importance.
Go and read what I have said--you will learn something. :) :deadhorse:

Offline JayH

« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2017, 12:32:41 AM »
For those that choose to read !!

Russia's Sovereignty Over All (Transcript)

So Sergei Lavrov wants a new world order.

Speaking at the Munich Security Conference this weekend, the Russian Foreign Minister called for a "post-West" international order in which "each country is defined by its sovereignty."

Each country, that is, except for Ukraine -- where Russia has illegally annexed one region and illegally invaded another.

Each country, that is, except for Georgia -- which has 20 percent of its territory occupied by Russian troops.

Each country, that is, except for Moldova -- which remains paralyzed by a Moscow-backed frozen conflict in Transdniester.

Each country, that is, except for Belarus -- which the Kremlin treats as a virtual western extension of its territory.

Every country, that is, except for Kazakhstan, whose Russophone north is being greedily eyed by Russian officials.

Each country, that is, except for those whose territory and population are part of what Vladimir Putin's regime calls the Russian World.

Lavrov's post-West world order, in other words, would protect the sovereignty of every country -- except of course those whom the Kremlin believes it has an inalienable right to dominate and control.

http://www.kyivpost.com/article/opinion/op-ed/brian-whitmore-russias-sovereignty.html?utm_content=buffer6798c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Russia's foreign minister calls for ‘post-West world order’ in speech to global leaders

Russia’s foreign minister has called for a “post-West world order” while addressing global leaders at an international security conference.

Sergey Lavrov accused Nato of being a Cold War institution and accused its “expansion” of sparking unprecedented tensions in Europe as both sides expand military deployments and drills.

He said he hoped “responsible leaders” will choose to create a “just world order – if you want you can call it a post-West world order”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-post-west-world-order-lavrov-munich-security-conference-nato-trump-putin-ukraine-syria-assad-a7587006.html
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:36:32 AM by JayH »

Offline Gator

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2017, 07:55:18 AM »

Go and read what I have said--you will learn something. :) :deadhorse:

I have learned something.  Others had told me you are a waste of time.  Instead of listening to them, I attempted to engage with you using original thought. You declined and instead continued to cut and paste.  Yes, the others were correct - you are a waste of time. 

What is rich is you calling  Trenchcoat a socially inept misfit even though you set the record for MONOTONY

Offline JayH

« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2017, 01:29:07 AM »
I have learned something.  Others had told me you are a waste of time.  Instead of listening to them, I attempted to engage with you using original thought. You declined and instead continued to cut and paste.  Yes, the others were correct - you are a waste of time. 

What is rich is you calling  Trenchcoat a socially inept misfit even though you set the record for MONOTONY.
No you didn't and haven't.  You made no such attempt . Your pathetic attempt to insult me says more about you than me. As for Trenchcoat--his own words & ACTIONS  condemn him --plus his adulation for Dragonkid  and their inane views on fsuw.
Now when you drag cross forum comments from another thread --and follow me around with them--it is called trolling -- as in you are a troll.Perhaps being the silly old duffer you are you should stick to discussing $300 green fees at you favourite courses !
As for the links -- every dumb ignorant comment you have made over this illustrates why you desperately need to read them. You may learn something. I will give you a clue how it can help you a little-- at the top of each page there is usually a date-- that will tell you what year you are in.  ~~

Now -back to the topic !
The concerted focus on Russia’s interference in the US  election, as egregious as it was, puts us at risk of focusing on the wrong things. While we focus on the tactical-level mechanics, Russia is playing an aggressive, long-term game with strategic-level ends.

Former NATO Commander Breedlove: Putin Feels Emboldened

The first thing we should learn from Russia’s electoral intervention is that Mr. Putin feels even more emboldened, and less constrained, than he has in the past. His invasion and occupation of Ukraine was a blatant violation of international law and agreed norms, and was done apparently without fear of reprisal. His disruption of the U.S. electoral process demonstrates a different side of that same feeling of impunity.

The second thing we should see in Russia’s intervention is an extension of its use of maskirovka — attempting to fool us into bickering amongst ourselves — while Russia continues to quietly unravel our confidence, and the world’s, in America’s strong democratic tradition. Russia is no newcomer to the artful sleight of hand: One of several goals behind Russia’s military intervention in Syria was to deflect the world’s attention away from Russia’s unlawful occupation of Ukraine. This was the same idea in a different form.

And the third, and by far the biggest, thing we should see in Russia’s electoral meddling is firm confirmation, if confirmation were needed, that we do not have a grand strategic partner in Russia today. Russia views our interactions as zero-sum and believes that the best way to bolster itself is by degrading America. Russia doesn’t just seek to break the rules of the international order; it seeks to rewrite them. Russia sees itself as a great power, able to drive outcomes on the world stage at will. And Russia has made it clear that it is willing to use military force to back up its claims and achieve its ends.

http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/natosource/former-nato-commander-breedlove-putin-feels-emboldened

Offline fathertime

« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2017, 06:58:11 AM »
No you didn't and haven't.  You made no such attempt . Your pathetic attempt to insult me says more about you than me.
Now when you drag cross forum comments from another thread --and follow me around with them--it is called trolling -- as in you are a troll.Perhaps being the silly old duffer you are you should stick to discussing $300 green fees at you favourite courses !
As for the links -- every dumb ignorant comment you have made over this illustrates why you desperately need to read them. You may learn something. I will give you a clue how it can help you a little-- at the top of each page there is usually a date-- that will tell you what year you are in.  ~~

You are dealing with an angry and hapless, self-righteous, duffer.  Although personally I think the putin/trump thing is overblown, I don't see why you shouldn't be free to attempt to make your case without being personally attacked/ridiculed.  My feeling is that Trump will put American interests first, and is simply doing what he thinks is pragmatic in this particular case.  Ironic, considering how wound up he seems to get on twitter about other subjects.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline JayH

IS PUTIN’S MASTER PLAN ONLY BEGINNING?
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2017, 04:39:28 PM »
With three consequential European elections occurring in 2017, the former K.G.B. officer has more potential to undermine free societies than he could have ever fathomed during his Cold War days.

IS PUTIN’S MASTER PLAN ONLY BEGINNING?

What we are likely to see in the future is both direct interference with the political process—leaked e-mails and so forth—and the emergence of false news stories that become accepted as fact and influence people’s votes, or at least support pre-existing prejudice. You have to feel for the people running intelligence services these days. ISIS’s and Russia’s influence of, and support for, the far right present threats, which are very hard to combat. In a rare public speech, Alex Younger, the head of the British foreign intelligence service, MI6, said recently: “The connectivity that is at the heart of globalization can be exploited by states with hostile intent to further their aims deniably. They do this through means as varied as cyber-attacks, propaganda, or subversion of democratic process.” He went on: “The risks at stake are profound and represent a fundamental threat to our sovereignty; they should be a concern to all those who share democratic values.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/12/is-vladimir-putin-master-plan-only-beginning

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2017, 02:58:48 PM »
This is an interesting article on Russian action in the election.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/06/trump-putin-and-the-new-cold-war
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2017, 04:45:33 PM »
This is an interesting article on Russian action in the election.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/06/trump-putin-and-the-new-cold-war

Agreed, but be warned - it takes at least half an hour to read.

Offline JayH

« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2017, 05:58:17 PM »
I already posted that link somewhere--maybe in the vortex that swallows threads?

There has been much conjecture of how Trump and his admin will handle Russia question.The uncertainty is ongoing with no clear statement from Trump himself-- and the ambiguity potential of underling comments.
highlighted here -

What Pence Should Have Said: Russia, Not Terrorism, Is the Most Urgent Security Threat

Whatever else occurred at the annual Munich Security Conference on February 17-19, reassurances were not part of it. None of the statements made by high-ranking American officials allayed European fears about President Donald Trump’s administration because, simultaneously, the White House was busy undermining them. Moreover, Vice President Mike Pence’s “unwavering” support of NATO was balanced by the administration’s failure to understand that terrorism is not the most urgent security threat for many states.

That honor belongs to Russian aggression, which continues unabated. And failure to grasp that fact or devote sufficient energy to it merely undermines Western cohesion and security. Moscow may be trying to arrange a major deal with the Trump administration, but it has actually increased its aggression in Europe. There, its goal is to coerce the West into accepting its demands for a new world order in which it must account to nobody, and where great powers rule without limitation—just as Russia rules at home.

http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/what-pence-should-have-said-russia-not-terrorism-is-the-most-urgent-security-threat

Offline JayH

The Kremlin’s Balkan Gambit:
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2017, 03:53:27 PM »

This is part I of a joint investigation with the Russian investigative magazine The Insider into a series of active measures, hybrid warfare and false-flag operations in the countries of the Balkans that appear to have been orchestrated by Russian individuals in close coordination with the Kremlin.

The Kremlin’s Balkan Gambit: Part I

http://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2017/03/04/kremlins-balkan-gambit-part/

Offline JayH

Putin’s battle of Berlin
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2017, 06:50:52 PM »
Interesting analysis of the difficult position Germany finds itself in. Needless to say-- there is one country at the core of it.

Vladmir Putin’s battle of Berlin
No country in Western Europe is more vulnerable to Russian propaganda than Germany.

Throughout the American presidential campaign and still today, the media has obsessed over a handful of Trump associates with shady ties to Russia. In Germany, not only are there far more such individuals scattered across the country; they tend to occupy places of prominence and influence. Thanks to its Cold War history as patron of the erstwhile German Democratic Republic, Russia can rely upon a vast network of former intelligence officers and ideological sympathizers throughout German politics, media, the business community and even government.

http://www.politico.eu/article/russia-vladmir-putin-battle-of-berlin-fake-news-propaganda-cold-war/

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Putin’s battle of Berlin
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2017, 08:34:48 PM »
Interesting analysis of the difficult position Germany finds itself in. Needless to say-- there is one country at the core of it.

Vladmir Putin’s battle of Berlin
No country in Western Europe is more vulnerable to Russian propaganda than Germany.

Throughout the American presidential campaign and still today, the media has obsessed over a handful of Trump associates with shady ties to Russia. In Germany, not only are there far more such individuals scattered across the country; they tend to occupy places of prominence and influence. Thanks to its Cold War history as patron of the erstwhile German Democratic Republic, Russia can rely upon a vast network of former intelligence officers and ideological sympathizers throughout German politics, media, the business community and even government.

http://www.politico.eu/article/russia-vladmir-putin-battle-of-berlin-fake-news-propaganda-cold-war/

More interesting analysis of more JayH bullocks.  No one cares Jay.  Bad bad Russia.  Good good Jay.

Offline msmob

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2017, 11:32:34 PM »
JayH,

has actually HAS a point, Bounder ! :)

There are many Russian speakers who Chancellor Khol invited back at the time of the fall of the FSU. They were ethnically German , but many have very strong empathy with Putin's Russia.

The Kremlin owned run mouthpiece TV-Novosti ( RT being part of the family) has a HQ in Berlin ( Ruptly) its ''internationally acclaimed video news agency''

At the time, so many eth, Germans applied to come 'home' that recently reunited Germany invested heavily to persuade folks to stay in Russia..

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/05/09/world/germany-pays-to-keep-ethnic-germans-in-russia.html?pagewanted=all

Offline JayH

Putin intends to dismantle the world order
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2017, 02:20:33 PM »
Over the last few years it has become very clear what Putin's intention are. The question then becomes what and how to do anything about it.
This article deals with those issues.
I would put great emphasis on assisting Ukraine with whatever it takes to remove Russia from Ukrainian sovereign territory. Driving the Russians out of eastern Ukraine and the subsequent fall out for Putin would set the stage for the removal of Russia from Crimea.That would be the end of Putin-- and perhaps his regime and set the stage for more common sense moderates.That is still by far the quickest way to force Russia into common sense.

Six Immediate Steps to Stop Putin’s Aggression

Security experts who follow the West’s responses to Russia’s meddling in its internal affairs—through cyber hacks, massive disinformation, corruption of Western leaders, and espionage—have good reason to be disappointed. With a few exceptions in the Baltic and Scandinavian countries, and recently in the Czech Republic, very few real counter-measures have been put into practice. Despite almost every Western intelligence agency urgently warning about the Russian threat, only a few Western leaders are ordering their security institutions to develop and implement robust strategies and policies against it.
http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/six-immediate-steps-to-stop-putin-s-aggression

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: Putin intends to dismantle the world order
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2017, 02:26:23 PM »
I would put great emphasis on assisting Ukraine with whatever it takes to remove Russia from Ukrainian sovereign territory. Driving the Russians out of eastern Ukraine and the subsequent fall out for Putin would set the stage for the removal of Russia from Crimea....

WOW! That's good to know.

Please tell us how will you and Australia going to accomplish this rather bold, near impossible feat, JayH?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline JayH

« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2017, 04:15:12 PM »

Of particular note is that Russia does have a plan in action -- apart from the recent US issues-- it has been ongoing for some considerable time.
Americans and Western Europeans have only just begun to wake up to Russia’s use of information as a tool of mischief. But it’s nothing new to the three Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, which regained their independence from the old Soviet Union at the beginning of the 1990s. For the past quarter of a century they’ve been doing their best to respond to the inflow of destabilizing innuendo from their huge neighbor to the east.

Interference with elections? Check. Cyberattacks? Check. Prominent politicians with murky links to the Kremlin? Check. Fake news and skillfully targeted rumors? Double check.

If you want to see Russian information warfare at its worst, visit these countries
Along the way the Balts have learned important lessons that their friends in the United States and Western Europe would do well to note. Most experts stress that trying to debunk every fake story spewed out by Moscow’s giant lie machine is the wrong way to go. “They have a huge toolbox,” says Mikk Maran, the head of the Estonian foreign intelligence service. “Russia has been active. The West has been reactive.”

http://www.washingtonpost.stfi.re/news/democracy-post/wp/2017/04/05/if-you-want-to-see-russian-information-warfare-at-its-worst-visit-these-countries/?sf=veyvwzo&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.188182e6b597#aa

Offline JayH

« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2017, 06:03:08 PM »
Never  before has this been such a big issue-- developments from the US are playing to the Kremlin's agenda.

Is Russia Already Starting to Win on Foreign Policy?

Fmr. Ambassador to Russia, Michael McFaul, joins to discuss President Trump’s interactions with our NATO allies and how all of this is playing in Russia

http://www.msnbc.com/mtp-daily/watch/is-russia-already-starting-to-win-on-foreign-policy-956410435656

Offline msmob

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2017, 01:13:22 AM »

Is Russia Already Starting to Win on Foreign Policy?

It proved that when it took parts of Ukraine and we slapped their wrists..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1873
Total: 1884

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM