It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Greetings RWD!  (Read 16170 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Greetings RWD!
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2021, 06:27:28 AM »
I believe working and providing a good nest egg for a house and decent standard of living
is more important than continued "seduction".  Certainly, spending time with her when
vacation time allows it is important, but that will mean nothing if OP doesn't have a good
job and an income to support his bride when she joins him.

If it's one thing OR the other then he needs to support his bride when she joins him.
I met Angel Eyes 4 times in one year. Then she came to visit me twice. My way isn't
the only way to do things but in my opinion if he can get on a plane he should. If
she is too sick to keep working early in the pregnancy then it could be very beneficial
that he helps her run around gathering everything she will need.

These long distance relationships are very difficult, and a woman who is pregnant
needs some TLC from time to time.

Couples are always strangers until they live together.

In my opinion, knowing her a little better is preferable to knowing her a little less.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Greetings RWD!
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2021, 10:26:15 AM »
In my opinion, knowing her a little better is preferable to knowing her a little less.

Not what the folks from India involved in arranged marriages think.

At least those from educated families where great care is taken in selecting the partners.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 10:27:17 AM »
I believe working and providing a good nest egg for a house and decent standard of living is more important than continued "seduction".  Certainly, spending time with her when vacation time allows it is important, but that will mean nothing if OP doesn't have a good job and an income to support his bride when she joins him.

Exactly right.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2021, 01:45:25 PM »
I believe working and providing a good nest egg for a house and decent standard of living is more important than continued "seduction".  Certainly, spending time with her when vacation time allows it is important, but that will mean nothing if OP doesn't have a good job and an income to support his bride when she joins him.

Traditionally guys have been the workhorses that provide that stuff and the women looked well upon those guys that did that. In Ukraine, India, etc they still do and if a guy can provide well enough in the west for a western girl then in the west that probably still holds.

Thing is how does a girl really feel about a guy who provides Vs one who can seduce well?

Does the girl who sees the guy as a provider just see him as a functional necessity while the guy who successfully manages to seduce her she has real feelings for?

I know many manage well without an intense love affair but can relate well to each other existing with each other in a more practical basis, but is it a relationship where it's a partnership rather than much in the way of feelings of love.

I know Bill often talks about winning her heart. Is this actually possible though or is it more a case of a girl either being into a guy or not? I'm not sure whether seduction actually adds anything either.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2021, 04:02:34 PM »

I don't have much faith in our representatives, but it can't hurt to try!  Once our K-1 package is approved and we're sent to the queue for an interview, I'll submit a few letters.  Visajourney was very helpful with fulling out the I-129F, but I never ventured to their forums.  I'll check them out!

In the past, when a fiancee can't get an interview in her home country, she had to travel to another country and get her interview by the US Consulate there. Contact the US consulate in Kiev before your Representative. They know what to tell you because you are probably not the first to ask the question. Representatives don't know anymore than we do on this topic. When all means are exhausted, then use your Representative to call somebody high up at the embassy. Your Representative will not break the law for you but they can call the the people in charge to use any available lawful means to help you. Our Congress controls the purse stings for the State Department so usually they want to help when a Representative asks for it.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Greetings RWD!
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2021, 04:33:00 PM »
I'm not sure

No you don't get to take over another thread. Stay on topic with the OP or copy these questions and post them on your own thread.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Sea Salt Caramel

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2021, 12:13:58 PM »
Not sure if the topic starter is going to read this, but just leaving it here as an update about the visa situation, in case anyone needs it.

To remind everyone, I’m an RW, so literally have my boots (ok, house slippers right now) on Russian soil.

Disclaimer: the info below is given to the best of my knowledge and is valid as of 24 April 2021

Schengen visa is very hard to get right now – as far as I know, only the Greek embassy/consulates process applications at this time (and to my knowledge, however anecdotal, they only do it in Moscow and St.Pete, so depending on where your lady lives she might or might not be able to apply).
Most other Schengen countries’ embassies/consulates in Russia process only emergency visa requests and maybe select other categories (of which tourist visa isn’t one). I’ve seen one report of a guy getting a tourist visa at the Estonian consulate but have not personally looked into it further.

As to getting the US visa, the situation seems pretty dire – now only the US embassy in Moscow is processing visas at all. They say outright that immigrant visas are a priority and last I’ve heard, they have started processing immigrant visas for parents of US citizens. No word when K visas will start being processed. Ekaterinburg stopped issuing visas now even though they were doing it in March, so some lucky souls were able to get B1/B2 visas there, but that is no more. Consulate in Vladivostok is closed as of now.

Some US consulates in Europe are open but the problem is that even if you have a valid Schengen visa, you have to have a damn good reason (documented) to be allowed in – and an interview at a US consulate is not reason enough. There are ways to sneak into Europe with a Schengen visa right now, but they might be uncertain and stressful, so use at your own risk. Also, based on the experience of someone who tried to apply at the US embassy in Athens, foreign nationals may very well be turned away and told to apply in home country.

As to Kazakhstan, they only allow a very limited number of interview slots for 3rd party nationals (which includes Russians), and most are snatched by visa bots. Also, as I’ve read, April interviews in Kaz have been rescheduled to June because of the worsening covid situation in Kaz.
However, at the moment this is about the only viable option (interestingly, air tix prices between RU and Kaz have skyrocketed, for no apparent reason LOL)

Embassy in Kyiv has been cancelling most interviews lately, plus they now have a separate “line” for 3rd party nationals as well.

Embassy in Yerevan in Armenia has been slowly reopening, but they don’t process B1/B2 visas yet.

I’ve sent an inquiry to the US Embassy in Pakistan about 3rd party nationals applying for a B1/B2 visa there, but they never responded.

No optimistic news, unfortunately.
If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Greetings RWD!
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2021, 02:15:20 PM »

Accurate news is better than happy inaccurate news

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Gator

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2021, 03:21:14 PM »

Disclaimer: the info below is given to the best of my knowledge and is valid as of 24 April 2021

Your info is probably much more up to date than what is available on the US State Dept websitesl 

Thanksl

Apparently you are endeavoring to obtain a B1/B2 visal    I hope you succeedl  Your English skills are excellentl 

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2021, 04:49:29 PM »
The congress rep idea might be worth looking into.  Maybe it will help that I'm a veteran.  I should probably also consider having my fiancée contact the Russian embassy here in the US to see if they'll make an exception for me.  I would hate to not be there for the birth of my child.

Back years ago, we contacted our congress rep to help my mother to get her tourist visa to come to the US. The Embassy denied her visa for 6  times and I asked my husband to write a letter to our Congress rep. So he did. I did not expect much and  was soo surprised when they called my cell # in the US to invite my mom to the embassy and gave her a multi-entrance visa for 3? years.  Later on I met a russian woman whose mom was in the same situation. I told her to write a letter to  her Congress rep. And nothing! nothing at all came out of it. She called his office later and they told her that that was not an issue a Congress rep could help with.  So, of course contact your rep but do not expect too much.
Kaplah!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2021, 05:11:42 PM »
Hi Donna, how have you been?

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2021, 09:18:23 AM »
Hi Donna, how have you been?

Good, thank you. Semi-retired and moved back to Florida. How are you doing over there in Georgia?
Kaplah!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2021, 09:29:03 AM »

Good, thank you. Semi-retired and moved back to Florida. How are you doing over there in Georgia?

Doing well. About to open Georgia's first Tex-Mex restaurant.

I got a tax machine and a cash drawer. Now I can start making money.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2021, 09:56:15 AM »
Later on I met a russian woman whose mom was in the same situation. I told her to write a letter to  her Congress rep. And nothing! nothing at all came out of it. She called his office later and they told her that that was not an issue a Congress rep could help with.  So, of course contact your rep but do not expect too much.

When I write a letter to a Congressperson, I make sure to introduce myself as an American citizen in their district who votes. I make my request simple and to the point. Chances are it's not read by a politician but it's staff and it will be sent to the staff member in charge of immigration. If by chance I don't get a response which has never happened, I will get on the phone and ask to speak with someone who can make things happen. A Congressperson can't force an embassy to issue tourist visas. A Congressperson can write or call an ambassador to ask them to grant a tourist visa to a certain person. People in Congress controls the purse strings of the State Department since they set the budget. An ambassador is highly unlikely to reject a simple request by a Congressperson.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2021, 12:10:18 PM »

When I write a letter to a Congressperson, I make sure to introduce myself as an American citizen in their district who votes. I make my request simple and to the point

Thats exactly what my husband did for my mom and it worked out.  But obviously it does not work out every time in every state.  Some politicians do not care enough to help.
Kaplah!

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2021, 12:35:04 PM »

Back years ago, we contacted our congress rep to help my mother to get her tourist visa to come to the US. The Embassy denied her visa for 6  times
and I asked my husband to write a letter to our Congress rep. So he did. I did not expect much and  was soo surprised when they called my cell # in the US to invite my mom to the embassy and gave her a multi-entrance visa for 3? years.  Later on I met a russian woman whose mom was in the same situation. I told her to write a letter to  her Congress rep. And nothing! nothing at all came out of it. She called his office later and they told her that that was not an issue a Congress rep could help with.  So, of course contact your rep but do not expect too much.

I still find this fascinating. I've read this happened to a lot of folks. I have never experienced any of his at anytime with wifey's entire family. Her parents never had experience travelling outside of Russia, but they got to attend our wedding after getting their visas on first try. Visas after that were all 5 year visas..sister/s, nephews, friends. I had also had friends from Czech/Slovakia/Hungary in the mid-to-late 90s visit me during summers for years before my Russian experience.

I do send letters of invitation and support. Both to the intended, an a copy to the appropriate embassies.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2021, 12:50:41 PM »
Not sure if the topic starter is going to read this, but just leaving it here as an update about the visa situation, in case anyone needs it.

To remind everyone, I’m an RW, so literally have my boots (ok, house slippers right now) on Russian soil.

Schengen visa is very hard to get right now – as far as I know, only the Greek embassy/consulates process applications at this time (and to my knowledge, however anecdotal, they only do it in Moscow and St.Pete, so depending on where your lady lives she might or might not be able to apply).
Most other Schengen countries’ embassies/consulates in Russia process only emergency visa requests and maybe select other categories (of which tourist visa isn’t one). I’ve seen one report of a guy getting a tourist visa at the Estonian consulate but have not personally looked into it further.

As to getting the US visa, the situation seems pretty dire – now only the US embassy in Moscow is processing visas at all. They say outright that immigrant visas are a priority and last I’ve heard, they have started processing immigrant visas for parents of US citizens. No word when K visas will start being processed. Ekaterinburg stopped issuing visas now even though they were doing it in March, so some lucky souls were able to get B1/B2 visas there, but that is no more. Consulate in Vladivostok is closed as of now.

Some US consulates in Europe are open but the problem is that even if you have a valid Schengen visa, you have to have a damn good reason (documented) to be allowed in – and an interview at a US consulate is not reason enough. There are ways to sneak into Europe with a Schengen visa right now, but they might be uncertain and stressful, so use at your own risk. Also, based on the experience of someone who tried to apply at the US embassy in Athens, foreign nationals may very well be turned away and told to apply in home country.

As to Kazakhstan, they only allow a very limited number of interview slots for 3rd party nationals (which includes Russians), and most are snatched by visa bots. Also, as I’ve read, April interviews in Kaz have been rescheduled to June because of the worsening covid situation in Kaz.
However, at the moment this is about the only viable option (interestingly, air tix prices between RU and Kaz have skyrocketed, for no apparent reason LOL)

Embassy in Kyiv has been cancelling most interviews lately, plus they now have a separate “line” for 3rd party nationals as well.

Embassy in Yerevan in Armenia has been slowly reopening, but they don’t process B1/B2 visas yet.

I’ve sent an inquiry to the US Embassy in Pakistan about 3rd party nationals applying for a B1/B2 visa there, but they never responded.

WOW, a plethora of useful info; not for me as I don't need it, but many others might.

Thanks for posting.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2021, 07:55:17 PM »
Thats exactly what my husband did for my mom and it worked out.  But obviously it does not work out every time in every state.  Some politicians do not care enough to help.

All politicians care about somebody. If not the little guy, they care about the rich and powerful. When a letter is written, it needs to give the impression that it's written by somebody important and powerful. I make a lot of grammar mistakes when I post on the forum. When writing to women or politicians, I double check my work. When you read posts from different people here, you get an idea of people's intelligence level, temperament and you even have an idea of the level of success they will have with women, at work, and in life.

If for some reason you don't get results with a politician, keep trying elsewhere. When my dad was in the Vietnam war, he wanted to marry my mom. His Captain denied his request. He wrote President LBJ and was granted his wish so I was born and can testify today squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep making noise until you get the grease.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2021, 05:41:19 PM »
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Offline ph4tst4x

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2021, 04:23:48 PM »
Greetings again everybody and sorry for the late response.  A lot of good advice has been posted pertaining to spending more time with my fiancée.  We both are extremely anxious to see each other (as you all could imagine), but since my fiancée is pregnant, we have to be careful not to cause her unnecessary stress.  As of right now, it doesn't look like Russia will be issuing me a travel visa and so we've decided to spend a few weeks with each other in Belarus over the summer.  I'm a little nervous about Belarus because relations with the US have been strained due to recent events.  It doesn't help that I have a military background either.  But since Belarus will be the easiest option for her, I will go.

http://www.rt.com/russia/521391-belarus-lukashenko-assassination-plot/

Traditionally guys have been the workhorses that provide that stuff and the women looked well upon those guys that did that. In Ukraine, India, etc they still do and if a guy can provide well enough in the west for a western girl then in the west that probably still holds.

Thing is how does a girl really feel about a guy who provides Vs one who can seduce well?

Does the girl who sees the guy as a provider just see him as a functional necessity while the guy who successfully manages to seduce her she has real feelings for?

I know many manage well without an intense love affair but can relate well to each other existing with each other in a more practical basis, but is it a relationship where it's a partnership rather than much in the way of feelings of love.

I know Bill often talks about winning her heart. Is this actually possible though or is it more a case of a girl either being into a guy or not? I'm not sure whether seduction actually adds anything either.

I really enjoy this line of inquiry.  I was toying with these ideas in my head before I finally made the decision to opening my dating pool to RW.  At that time, I was focusing less on the "feeling" aspect and was ready to accept a role as a "provider" in my future relationship.  I did not, however, expect to meet someone like my (soon to be) fiancée.  I couldn't believe it was possible to feel such a strong desire for someone I'd only met online.  None of my previous in-person relationships could remotely compare.  I truly feel blessed.  We're both passionate people and even though we've only spent a week together in person, our chemistry was/is outstanding.  But I understand that this doesn't provide us a free pass to future complications.

In the past, when a fiancee can't get an interview in her home country, she had to travel to another country and get her interview by the US Consulate there. Contact the US consulate in Kiev before your Representative. They know what to tell you because you are probably not the first to ask the question. Representatives don't know anymore than we do on this topic. When all means are exhausted, then use your Representative to call somebody high up at the embassy. Your Representative will not break the law for you but they can call the the people in charge to use any available lawful means to help you. Our Congress controls the purse stings for the State Department so usually they want to help when a Representative asks for it.

Thank you for this solid advice.  We've since contacted US embassies/consulates in other countries.  Apparently the situation at the US embassy in Moscow is seen as temporary and so they're not allowing interview transfers.  If my fiancée had a passport to one of these other countries, there wouldn't be an issue.  But the use of COVID-19 as a justification for temporarily halting interviews will soon run dry since mRNA vaccines are readily available.  We're keeping a close eye on the situation, but ultimately we're waiting on our K-1 visa package approval before sending off letters to representatives.  Great advice, thank you again.

Thank you for the update though!  I greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge of the situation.  It seems to pretty much concur with our findings.  Hopefully there will be some positive news soon!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2021, 05:18:04 PM »
Apparently the situation at the US embassy in Moscow is seen as temporary and so they're not allowing interview transfers.

The problems between America and Russia can end tomorrow but as of now, it's escalating so who knows when it'll end. I read this on visajourney posted yesterday "Poland is accepting spousal applicants from Russia. So is Kazakhstan. [/size]However, the issue is COVID related travel restrictions and reduced consular processing.[/color][/size]" If you haven't done so, you may want to contact the consulates in those nations. Ask if they'll do it for fiancees, not just spouses, since you filed a k-1. Tell them you have a child on the way and if they can't help, what options are there. Even ask those consulates if you can get a tourist visa for your fiancee through their consulate. If you can get her here, marry her and do an AOS(Adjustment of Status) it'll fast track her for a green card, she gets to legally stay in America past the expiration of the visa and you can skip the wait of the k-1 process.[/color]

Offline Sea Salt Caramel

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2021, 12:09:26 PM »
Visa situation update:

To confirm what  BillyB said above, a few days ago I came across a report by a Russian lady who was able to get her CR1 interview at the US Embassy in Warsaw in Poland.

She was able to achieve that by writing to the Embassy's email and presenting her case in great detail, getting a go-ahead from them, then getting a Schengen visa from the Greek Embassy in Russia, and then contacting Russian Embassy in Poland, who assisted her with getting a special "border crossing clearance" from Polish authorities - because as I've already mentioned, just having a Schengen tourist visa isn't enough.

That lady also mentioned that as far as she knew, K-1 applicants could also request processing of their case by the US Embassy in Poland, but not everyone ended up approved to do so, apparently.

Oh, and something else she mentioned was that the visa processing fee that was originally paid in Russia was transferrable to the Polish Embassy, so no double payment necessary. The medical screening and the fee for it had to be done/paid in Poland.

It looks like until the US appoints an Embassy in another country(s) to process visa applications for Russians (in the same manner as it's done for Iranian citizens), things will be happening on a very case-by-case basis.

Also, in case someone who's in the process has not heard this yet, US Embassy in Moscow is ceasing processing of all non-immigrant visas as of May 12th, and immigrant visas will be processed only for life-and-death and aging-out situations.

P.S. Thanks for the well-wishes... I do need them as getting my visa renewed has now become quite an ordeal. Ugh.

P.P.S. Yet another country to meet is Serbia - we traveled there last year - nice place and very nice people, and the language is somewhat understandable to a Russian speaker.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2021, 01:14:43 PM »

Thanks for the information Sea Salt Caramel. Good to hear from someone who is actually in the process of getting things done. It's a shame a lot of good people have to deal with this crap from our governments. Good luck on getting your visa renewed.

Offline Sea Salt Caramel

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2021, 04:31:03 AM »
This just in:

The US Embassy in Moscow has now resumed processing *certain categories* of K1 visas.

Offline ML

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2021, 07:55:11 AM »
This just in:

The US Embassy in Moscow has now resumed processing *certain categories* of K1 visas.

Is one 'category' who has paid bribe ?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541430
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2051
Total: 2060

+-Recent Posts

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by krimster2
Today at 08:03:06 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat