It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 3rd BASE  (Read 34017 times)

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: 3rd BASE
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 03:12:18 AM »
Bridge Day Video

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2013, 08:11:31 PM »
Happy 2013 to everyone around the world.
2013 is sure to hold a lot of changes and surprises.
Make the best of  them all.

Peace and Goodwill

Jason

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2013, 09:00:13 PM »
Happy 2013 to everyone around the world.
2013 is sure to hold a lot of changes and surprises.
Make the best of  them all.

Peace and Goodwill

Jason

Beautiful photo.  Makes me homesick.  LOL
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2013, 07:45:28 PM »
Thanks Doug

You missed the best summer ever up here. 89 days of sunshine. 
But fall came on day 90 just like opening a door.
We made up for the rain in 2 months and right now it's
0 C   brrrr

HERe is a video of stuff I did with my Gf and Freinds this summer in the Desert.

Walk on the sunshine   :)

http://www.metacafe.com/w/9652244

Static lines, BASE, Wingsuits  oh My!

happy 2013   :devil:

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 09:05:47 PM »
Another winter comes to an end and Spring time is finally here!
That means many things to many people.
To me it means it's time to get the parachute rigs tuned up and out of the closet as soon they  will be working overtime once again.
I can't wait :)
This year promises to be the best year ever.  From my perspective, the economy has FINALLY got back to something like before this whole recession mess started and I am flooded with more work than I can possibly   do and have had to turn down some nice offers.
Being that I take 4 months of the year off from work and enjoy the best things, people and places this world has to offer, It is  nice once again to be able to make enough money the other 9 months to make this possible.

I finally got around to editing the footage from my last visit to Russia.  Inner city jumping in Moscow is some of the most fun you can have period. I have acquired a new nickname from my freinds in Russia and they passionately refer to me as  SputNik.   LOL
As i circle the globe flying around and sending data all the while  :)
It seems  apt.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/10120719/fallruskyj/

Thank you  to everyone, friends, acquaintances and strangers. You make me smile and every single day I wake up, happy to be alive and each day the possibilities are seemingly endless, what a wonderous time it is to be ALIVE.

peace to you all and happy Easter.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »
Jason,

This is a very confusing web site you linked to.  Perhaps it's my browser, but the opening screen says "Don't watch this..... Watch this".  When I click on the photo on the right it loads the correct title on the video window but the video does not appear to load and there is no button to start the clip.

Any chance you can instead link the actual URL of the video?

Maybe next time in Seattle we can tip a beer together.   My family still lives there.

The forum also has several members living in or near Seattle.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline LAman

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 11:42:20 PM »
Another winter comes to an end and Spring time is finally here!

Being that I take 4 months of the year off from work and enjoy the best things, people and places this world has to offer, It is  nice once again to be able to make enough money the other 9 months to make this possible.

hmmmm, Jason, either you live in a time warp or the numerous scientists and mathematicians have it all wrong
and we all really have 13 months in a year!!! ;D
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2013, 06:15:04 AM »
Great clip Jason.

That's a big set of bawls you got there friend. That's got to be one hell of a rush. Of course a rush I hope to never enjoy. Cause if I go off one it's because someone threw me off  :D

Offline cc3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2013, 08:03:53 AM »
As a lifelong pilot, I was often asked (not by other pilots) why I didn't want to become a skydiver.

My response: real pilots never jump out of perfectly good airplanes!

Your video clips are amazing. The sport looks as, or more, stimulating than aerobatic flying!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:05:25 AM by cc3 »

Offline Brillynt

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 08:49:15 AM »

If you saw some of the planes that people skydive from, you would understand why they want out.  ;D

Offline cc3

« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2013, 03:20:33 PM »
If you saw some of the planes that people skydive from, you would understand why they want out.  ;D

:ROFL:

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2013, 01:04:05 AM »
hmmmm, Jason, either you live in a time warp or the numerous scientists and mathematicians have it all wrong
and we all really have 13 months in a year!!! ;D
LOL  yea one thing about working so much is that small details slide by me sometimes.

Jason,

This is a very confusing web site you linked to.  Perhaps it's my browser, but the opening screen says "Don't watch this..... Watch this".  When I click on the photo on the right it loads the correct title on the video window but the video does not appear to load and there is no button to start the clip.

Maybe next time in Seattle we can tip a beer together.   My family still lives there.

That is the url of the video.
Did you get to see it?>
Sounds like you may have been seeing AD's
Let me know if you still cant see it.

As a lifelong pilot, I was often asked (not by other pilots) why I didn't want to become a skydiver.

Your video clips are amazing. The sport looks as, or more, stimulating than aerobatic flying!

Oh it's not even close.

To put it in perspective , comparing  base jumping to skydiving is like comparing sword swallowing to a blowjob.
:)
yes it's that different.

that is sadly true and a big reason i moved over off the  planes and onto fixed object jumping.
I can't stand airplanes. They are just something i have to tolerate like everyone else.

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2013, 01:19:56 AM »
Great clip Jason.

That's a big set of bawls you got there friend. That's got to be one hell of a rush. Of course a rush I hope to never enjoy. Cause if I go off one it's because someone threw me off  :D

Thanks FP,
that's why I post them, so everyone can enjoy.

Inner city jumping is the most dangerous IMO.   Not only do you have to find a good exit point, but a good landing target. The freefall lasts just a moment they you land , grab your rig and escape with a getaway driver.
The police are watching, so we make it as quick and as smooth as possible.
But i tell you what,
there is nothing else even close to it in terms of  the   wooo hooo  factor.

Offline cc3

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2013, 02:25:41 AM »

that is sadly true and a big reason i moved over off the  planes and onto fixed object jumping.
I can't stand airplanes. They are just something i have to tolerate like everyone else.

The difference between you and me: I love airplanes and everything involved with flying them safely yet to their maximum performance limits.

Offline Brillynt

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2013, 07:50:37 AM »
Oh it's not even close.

To put it in perspective , comparing  base jumping to skydiving is like comparing sword swallowing to a blowjob.
yes it's that different.

I never base jumped, but I enjoyed my Class A license until the ex said no more jumps.
Hmm, time to do it again I think. It will probably require a completely new certification, as the last jump I had was 15 years ago. I think my reserve is a bit out of date ;D

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2013, 04:29:02 PM »
Jason,

What you are seeing there  is a banner ad.  Sorry it's very confusing and misleading as it links to Meta Cafe's unfiltered section. It is one of the trade off's for hosting the videos, they have ads on them.
I don't make money on these so Meta Cafe was the best solution for posting them for me. You tube has become a free for all of idiot commentors  and I wont post them there.

I know of a few good beers and some good places to drink them.  I would be happy to knock one back  with you when you are in town.

As for the

Pause/Play   Don't Watch This   Watch This --->

Banner. Simply Ignore it.

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2013, 02:18:28 AM »
Another Birthday today. Number 46, and the best one yet. :)

Today I was introduced to a Mojito for the first time.

How Can so many amazing things go un noticed as life goes by. I love to try everything , but the world has so much to offer, it's a challenge that I think is un attainable, but now I do wonder , what other Mojitos am I missing out on?  :)

Metaphorically speaking of course.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2013, 06:42:57 AM »

Happy Birthday Newjason! Glad it's getting better for you.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2013, 08:50:33 AM »
Джейсон,

С Днем Рождения!
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2013, 08:15:27 AM »

How Can so many amazing things go un noticed as life goes by. I love to try everything , but the world has so much to offer, it's a challenge that I think is un attainable, but now I do wonder , what other Mojitos am I missing out on?  :)

Metaphorically speaking of course.

46 years before you've tasted a mojito? Really? It is an excellent beverage. It is for mojitos and mint juleps that I grow a nice stash of mint every year. Mint juleps are about the same thing but with bourbon. BTW Happy BD

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2013, 09:29:51 AM »

Happy Birthday, and the introduction to a mojito is indeed a good birthday present.

Fantastic concoction.   Hemingway's favorite cocktail.   

It sounds as if you had an authentic mojito, not the quick adulterated version served by most American bars with only a few leaves of mint,  too much soda water, no fresh lime and no muddling.   

Here's the first published recipe from Key West.  It says 1931 but that has to be an error.

http://www.classicmixology.com/cocktails/mojito/1931

Notice 1-3 sprigs of mint for one cocktail.  Each sprig could have 15 or more leaves.   I was first introduced to the drink by a Cuban barman in the Dominican Republic about 25 years ago.   He filled a short  glass with mint and pounded it with a muddler, necessary to release the mint oil.

Here's a clip of a Cuban in Havana mixing a mojito.  Notice that he uses block ice.  IMO he used too much soda water; however, who am I to question a Cuban bartender.   

I met a RW in Marrakech one time, and knowing that fresh mint and limes are abundant, I brought some white rum.  Upon settling in to our room at an ancient villa,  I proudly made us a mojito.  One problem, she wanted very little ice.  The ice is necessary to keep the mint at the bottom, and that is why unlike most cocktails the ice is added near the end of the mixing.   She did not appreciate the fragments of mint on her teeth and tongue.    :)

Offline Gator

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2013, 09:34:08 AM »
Have you tried a Caipirinha?   Normally it is made with just lots of muddled lime, sugar and rum; however, I once had a version with basil and mint.  It was outstanding.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2013, 12:48:49 PM »
Have you tried a Caipirinha?   Normally it is made with just lots of muddled lime, sugar and rum; however, I once had a version with basil and mint.  It was outstanding.

Actually, it is cachaca (last 'c' is 's' sound) which is a sugar cane hard liquor.

Warning. If done properly more than one cocktail will result in erratic behavior, sudden marriage, peeing in pants, loss of money, and sudden blackout. Please consult your doctor before consuming caipirinha.

Happy B'day Jason.  :clapping:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Gator

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2013, 03:49:35 PM »
Muzh,

You are correct.  A caipirinha is made with cachaça, not rum, yet the two distillates are very similar. 

If Jason likes lime, he may want to order a Moscow Mule, an appropriate cocktail for some AM in pursuit of RW, yet certainly not New Jason's case based on his level headed reports. 

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2013, 08:15:07 AM »
Actually, it is cachaca (last 'c' is 's' sound) which is a sugar cane hard liquor.

Warning. If done properly more than one cocktail will result in erratic behavior, sudden marriage, peeing in pants, loss of money, and sudden blackout. Please consult your doctor before consuming caipirinha.

Happy B'day Jason.  :clapping:

Actually I don't like had Liquior for the most part and I will pass on the Cachaca's I think . :)

The Mint is the ingredient I really liked.
I found some Evan Williams Peppermint Eggnog last year that was fantastic.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

I just want to say,  I now think that twerking will be the death of me :) 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541508
Total Topics: 20866
Most Online Today: 2708
Most Online Ever: 12701