It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: A dating advice service?  (Read 9159 times)

Offline xiphoid

• I'll keep trying till I get it right...
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
A dating advice service?
« on: May 10, 2017, 06:16:12 PM »
I was wondering if there is such a thing as a service that provides personal advice for someone that is dating a Ukrainian woman?  (or Russian)  As everyone here knows, things can get complicated or confusing sometimes.
Beautiful girls, won't you walk a little slower, when you walk past me? - Robert Goulet

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
Re: A dating advice service?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 06:17:42 PM »
There are people who can help you.  Eduard, who posted today, is one such person.  What he may also be able to ascertain, coming from the culture, is the woman's sincerity.  However, if things are complicated, you've likely chosen the wrong woman.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:12:42 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 07:23:47 PM »
I was wondering if there is such a thing as a service that provides personal advice for someone that is dating a Ukrainian woman?  (or Russian)  As everyone here knows, things can get complicated or confusing sometimes.

Why not try the collective here-- you can be sure opinions will be diverse !!
Also-  posts can generate pm's for private advice !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 07:41:13 PM »
Jay makes a great point, xiphoid.  If you ask about issues in a general way, you can get the collective wisdom of forum members, many of whom have probably experienced what you are going through, and you'll learn how they resolved those issues.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:44:25 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 08:43:36 PM »

There are services out there but keep in mind, if you're a quality man, you won't lose the girl.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 09:46:33 PM »
There is. I did get an email notification of the message you sent me, but when I looked for it in my mail on RWD it was deleted... plus I'm blocked by the admin and can't respond unless you send me your email. Alternatively you can contact me through my web site. Sadly some people can hold a grudge for a decade! 
realrussianmatch.com

Offline msmob

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 10:39:57 PM »
I can't stand you, Ed ! :))  Nice you see you posting

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 04:03:54 AM »
Thank you everyone. I’ll share a long curious story in brief. I suppose it no longer really matters now but I was wondering why a Ukrainian professional woman would communicate with me for so very long (at her pace) eventually warm up to me, become friendlier, more animated, and discuss when we can meet. A few phone calls too at my urging. We were unable to schedule meetings in the past due to our work schedules. She very much wanted to meet this May but I could not until June which I explained due to my job. During the past 2 weeks she is writing me every day – several times last Sunday, very friendly. After I told her the following day on Monday that I had set up vacation for June after she returns from work travel and that I also still had the possibility of visiting during the last week of May before her trip. She went silent. She was still visiting the website during this time of silence. I was thinking we really had something special going. Yesterday I wrote her again to see what happened but she remains silent – she read the letter – the website indicates that each letter was received and read. She seemed so normal, mature and nice. Fire to ice in 2 days. I'm baffled. Anyone else have a similar story? I think the idea of an advice service is a good one. I’m going to check it out for future use.
Beautiful girls, won't you walk a little slower, when you walk past me? - Robert Goulet

Offline JayH

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 04:27:05 AM »
Off the top of my head --are you aware this is /was a big holiday weekend?
I can add a dozen scenario's why she may not have been able to reply ( easily )
Without trying to cover everything -- she will have had some reason for her suggested timing of visit -do you know why?
Additionally -- very possible that  you are not the only one in contact and she is working her own agenda -- so don't get too precious over it all at this stage. :)

Are you aware of the number of  hours she is likely to be working each day and week?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 04:28:46 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 04:53:40 AM »
I was thinking we really had something special going.
I admit I haven't read your whole story.
Someone said and I agree "women are meant to be loved and not understood."
You can't have anything special going until after you met and decided you are exclusive. Dial down your expectations till that happens. In my experience, Ukrainian women are mysterious and hard to understand. They are conservative. She is keeping her options open. So should you.

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 05:17:02 AM »
I'm a little puzzled here. I wrote about the timing and that she reads my letters but does not reply. I know all about her work etc. Naturally everyone writes to multiple people but over time we narrow numbers down, I know and its not an issue. Just curious as to the big build up and then sudden silence. It seems I did not make myself very clear in my story. Sorry. But I'm also curious though as to what other scenarios could explain the sudden and intentional ignoring of my emails especially after discussing a meeting? We've been in contact a very long time. Its all in my story. As it is I'm not going now that she is ignoring me. Oh well. I'll just mark it up to human experience and drop it.

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 09:30:09 AM »
Matey, sorry - but if she is reading your correspondence - but not responding  - move on - make a new plan

IF she is in to you - she would find a way to respond

Offline BillyB

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 04:42:45 PM »
She went silent. She was still visiting the website during this time of silence. I was thinking we really had something special going. Yesterday I wrote her again to see what happened but she remains silent – she read the letter – the website indicates that each letter was received and read. She seemed so normal, mature and nice. Fire to ice in 2 days. I'm baffled.

1) FSU women like men who can make things happen. Things may have not been happening fast enough.

2) Plans for meeting should not be made in a messaging system. You both should be off the site and using phone or video chat for communication.

3) You snooze, you lose. This could've happened as another man beat you. He may have aggressively pursued her and made concrete plans to visit her ASAP.

I'd move on. Continuing to contact her would give her the impression you're weak and desperate. Ignoring her may impress her.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 08:53:06 AM »
I'm a little puzzled here. I wrote about the timing and that she reads my letters but does not reply. I know all about her work etc. Naturally everyone writes to multiple people but over time we narrow numbers down, I know and its not an issue. Just curious as to the big build up and then sudden silence. It seems I did not make myself very clear in my story. Sorry. But I'm also curious though as to what other scenarios could explain the sudden and intentional ignoring of my emails especially after discussing a meeting? We've been in contact a very long time. Its all in my story. As it is I'm not going now that she is ignoring me. Oh well. I'll just mark it up to human experience and drop it.

From your description it doesn't seem to be any big mystery. You've been in contact a very long time. My first inclination is that she's found someone else and gone silent. I faintly remember your story and that was a long time ago. Next time act faster

Offline jone

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 09:13:43 AM »
The top five reasons that overseas relationships fail:

1.  Failure to get on a plane

2.  Failure to get on a plane

3.  Failure to get on a plane

4.  Failure to get on a plane

5.  Bad advice from Russian Women Discussion
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »

5.  Bad advice from Russian Women Discussion

Then please be specific to the 'bad advice' ?....

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 12:04:27 PM »
Then please be specific to the 'bad advice' ?....

List would be MUCH shorter if listing the good advice.....
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline jone

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 12:14:53 PM »
List would be MUCH shorter if listing the good advice.....

Oh, that is too funny.  Was thinking the same thing.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 12:54:43 PM »
From your description it doesn't seem to be any big mystery. You've been in contact a very long time. My first inclination is that she's found someone else and gone silent. I faintly remember your story and that was a long time ago. Next time act faster

FP,

Welcome back. You have been missed...

HDL

Offline msmob

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 11:37:31 PM »
Oh, that is too funny.  Was thinking the same thing.

..and yet, you dodge my question as to 'bad' advice ... ?!

Why raise it and then 'go silent' .. 

I'm not 'trolling' ... There are plenty of guests and folks that would want to know your opinion - having raised it
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:40:15 PM by msmob »

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 01:23:31 PM »

FP,

Welcome back. You have been missed...

HDL

Thanks HDL! Not back in the usual sense. Just had some time and stopped by for some old familiar entertainment. Even that is hard to find here nowadays.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 01:00:28 PM »

It really is fairly mesmerizing to witness how men seem befuddled by the very actions they (other MOBers) involve themselves in.

Yes, chances are someone else caught her fancy. Why not? Men do it all the time. We see and read it here on this board. Case in point, wasn't there one not too long ago who met/liked a Ukrainian, then met a Russian, then met a Belarussian shortly after that - then was confused on who to see, and when, and how - yadayadayada? This, despite the story line at how well they (individually) communicate....

Folks, yes, women do it, too. When they happen, men on this board trip over each other trying to pile up concocting misguided, if not undeserved, conclusion towards the gal/s.

If realistic things in life seem pretty obvious, chances are they are.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 10:20:29 AM »
His contact was thru an agency, seems a pay per letter one.
She likely is paid to write him andnothers, most never get on a plane.If it leads to that, and the guy might actually visit,they will be unavaible, or hard to schedule around their work.lol.
This reads like a
classic ppl agency girl.
  While she could have found a new guy , could be in the hospital, could have moved to Egypt, could just be shopping, he knows  she's reading his mail and login in to her agency site.

Occurs razor, the simplest answer is usually  the right one.

The other options woukd be more realistic if they were not communicating thru a
 Ppl agency site.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1898
Total: 1909

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM