It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why a Russian woman?  (Read 26230 times)

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Why a Russian woman?
« on: April 02, 2005, 06:16:19 PM »
It is funny that I have married a woman 25 years younger, but I never really looked for a woman much younger than myself.  The truth of the matter is that there were only much younger women listed when I was looking into meeting a RW.  I was "hooked" by the beauty of my wife.  I will admit that the first time I saw her photo, it took my breath away!  Her age really didn't matter, but it was her look that got me.  Later, after we got to know each other, her personality, classiness, education, moral character and sensuality all made a package made in heaven for me.  I just wonder what characteristics of Russian women has attracted others into this process.  After all it is much easier to pursue a woman in your own backyard.
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 06:36:58 PM »
Is anybody going to explain his choice of answer?

like what does that mean "more beautiful woman" (are there no beauthiful women in America?)

What are those "old fashion values of RW" (mystery for me:?)

What for do you need "higher educated women" (if it's such useless thing in America like somebody tried to prove in onother post)

Wonder if anyone will choose "RW were the only ones that would have me"?:D

Offline KenC

Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 06:40:57 PM »
Elen,

You probably shouldn't participate in this poll anyway.  So don't worry about it.

KenC

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 07:45:16 PM »
I'm not going to answer what I'm looking for in russian women:P

But this board is not "for males only" place. And I have a right to ask as well. And my question was not OFF topic

And if you don't want (or can't) to explain yourself then it's problem of yours. At least you are not the only one here and may be otheres would not be so "shy"

Offline wxman

Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 08:36:09 PM »
I don't think one can narrow an answer down to selecting one of 7 choices. When one falls in love with someone, it is that person's unique characteristics that make them special to the other person. That person could be found next door, or that person could be found on the other side of the world. What is attractive to one man is not to another. What values and morals they have may be important to one but not another. There is no correct answer, and there is no way to quanitate love based on a poll.

Of course the poll is based on what initially attracts a man to a woman, but it does not necessarily translate to love or commitment. It is just the very first step.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline Bruno

Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 09:31:30 PM »
I don't find the choice neede for me...:(

* 8 : i have like the country and the people before think search a wife in these country...

And i have not choice the woman, she have choice me.... i have write to 1000 for present myself and ask to reply if they have interest... i have not read one profil or see one photo, just make a search for woman between 30 and 40 year old without child...

Offline KenC

Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 04:19:01 AM »
Wxman,

Of course I ment "initially" attracted to RW.  If it were "why did you marry a RW?" I would have had many many more reasons to choose from.

Bruno,

What about your first wife?

KenC

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 04:41:36 AM »
KenC,

Give it up, Bruno and wxman live on ANOTHER plane of existance than most reasonable men.

Offline wxman

Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 07:40:40 AM »
Quote from: TigerPaws
KenC,

Give it up, Bruno and wxman live on ANOTHER plane of existance than most reasonable men.
Typical with people who no longer can add merit to a debate, they must resort to insults. But I do not take it as an insult, as I do not wish to live on your plane of existance. Seems that's where only fools reside.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline Bruno

Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 09:50:14 AM »
Quote from: KenC
Bruno,

What about your first wife?

KenC

Yep, interesting question... she was young and sexy, i have choice her, i have show my confortable life ( in these time, i earn a lot of money for EU, around 5000 euro month )... the alchimy was very good... and we have not think about the future life itself... it was my mistake... now, i have choose and try a other way...

About plane of existance , tiger have right... before, i have life in his plane of existance, a lot of money, luxe hotel, hire plane only for me, champagne, a lot of friend... but now, since i have choice for a "lower" plane, i understand that all this was only illusion... same the friend dissappear with the money, only the true one stay... and i have learn other value in the life who are more important that these artificial value from the "superieur" plane... what plane is better, more reasonable ? Ok, now, i am not so much rich, i cannot buy all i wish, but i have enough for live, same with woman and child... enough for year holliday... i have true friend who like me and not my wallet, i have remove the stress factor of my life, my health grow up, i have more time for friend and family... i think that so life is reasonable for a man...

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 09:55:30 AM »
Quote from: Elen
Is anybody going to explain his choice of answer?

like what does that mean "more beautiful woman" (are there no beauthiful women in America?)

What are those "old fashion values of RW" (mystery for me:?)

What for do you need "higher educated women" (if it's such useless thing in America like somebody tried to prove in onother post)

Elen. What was dating like in 1978? Women here who wanted to get married and have a 'cozy home' were in the minority or often would not admit to wanting that.  Marriage and family were secondary to career and independence. 'We do not need these men'
was a common idea. Femininity was considered a weakness and
still is to a large degree. If a woman sees you visually admiring her, she will send you the message that she feels uncomfortable, uncomfortable with her attractiveness.

Women with old fashioned values are like women here in the 1950's who appreciated the attention of men. They generally valued their role of mother and home-maker. In the 1960's things changed and women wanted the independence that men had, sexually and otherwise. This resulted in the attainment of a competitive spirit,
and increased competition among couples. Women began wearing pants and valued the aggressiveness that helped them succeed in business and politics. So the phrase, 'old-fashioned values' refers to the 'nurturing' role that women once had. A woman's role now is sort  of decided by each individual woman, rather than by the social norm.

I once worked with a woman who wanted to marry her co-worker.
Their plan was to have her continue to work, while he cared for the children. They never did marry. Later she married another man, and she stays at home as a house wife AND works, using her computer at home. People want it all - money from a career AND the values of family and a cozy home. Her husband goes to work everyday, like a traditional husband.

By 'old-fashioned', I guess it means a woman who is okay with her nurturing feminity, rather than an aggressive competitiveness.

Even today, you rarely see AW who openly say they are looking for marriage. It looks extreme or desperate. Here, women are not ever considered 'old maids'.  (well maybe if they are 50 and never married)  But I have heard that in Russia, if she is over 25 she is possibly considered an old maid.  So, you see that also is a major difference.    Doug
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 09:58:00 AM by Photo Guy »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 10:02:57 AM »
Don't know why but I was sure there were more house-wives among AW than among RW.(actually I have not females' friends who dream to stay home as house-wives:?)   Also AW have more kids per one women than RW have.

Is not it so?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 10:03:00 AM by Elen »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 10:07:49 AM »

Later she married another man, and she stays at home as a house wife AND works, using her computer at home. People want it all - money from a career AND the values of family and a cozy home.

Why "AND" was written with titles? IS there is something unusial to have a career and a family?

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2005, 10:27:11 AM »
AND was stressed because here in the US, the two roles are not
in harmony with each other. Are they in harmony in Russia?
In Russia, did a married woman have a baby and then immediately go back to work?  Could she choose when to return to work? Who would  care for the child?  Yes AW have more children than RW.
How do RW feel about juggling career and young children?  Doug

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 10:43:56 AM »
In Russia, did a married woman have a baby and then immediately go back to work? Could she choose when to return to work? Who would care for the child? Yes AW have more children than RW.
 Doug

Now the law allows women to stay home with child for three years after a birth of child (I mean woman gets money for kid's support from Government (an "amazing" sum about 3$:?) and employer is obligated to keep her former job for her.(in case she would want to return) If you don't want to keep your former job you may stay at home as long as you want (your pension will be only your problem though:?)
Who would care for the child?

We have our grandmoms and kindergarten
How do RW feel about juggling career and young children?

We feel fine:D I can't explain you how but I myself managed to give a birth to my daughter at the last year in the University and get the diploma with fine marks. (And btw we had no nurse and all four grandparents of our child were too young to go to pension and sit home with our child:D)

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 10:47:15 AM »
[user=134]Photo Guy[/user] wrote:
In Russia, did a married woman have a baby and then immediately go back to work?  Could she choose when to return to work? Who would  care for the child?  Yes AW have more children than RW.
How do RW feel about juggling career and young children?  Doug

From what I experienced in RU it is quite similar to south Italy.. babushka takes care of the kids and both work.  Take babushka out of the picture and the balance is tilted.  

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 10:50:36 AM »
Actually the main solutiond with kids is kindergarten. To my mind we had (or still have ?? don't know how things are now) rather good system

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2005, 11:15:40 AM »

The reality in Russia was and still is that woman gets almost nothing after a divorce. And as a divorse is not rare thing in Russia woman just must find "harmony" or whatelse there will be for two roles for not feel herself "full depended" on husband's money and for not appear with no money and no worthy job for supporting herself and her kids after probable divorce .

That is those "traditional" and "old fasional for Russia" family values we put in heads of our russian daughters.:D

Offline Bruce

Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »
Elen - to answer your question "more beautiful woman," what does it mean?  When a guy has to pick one out of seven choices presented to him he will pick the thing that mean't the most to him as to what drew him to Russia to find a wife.   Guys who pick the choice with more beautiful women are answering that they can attract a prettier girl in Russia than they can in the USA, and thats why they went to Russia. 

Polls are very hard to make.  You are limited in space.  Of course a guy who marries a girl from Russia chooses all of the above and then some.  The way I see this poll is that it is polling what initially got you to go over / got you to keep going back.  For the women on this board it will give you an insight as to what is most important to Western men on this board (which is probably a decent cross section of the population as a whole).
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2005, 11:46:12 AM »
For the women on this board it will give you an insight as to what is most important to Western men on this board (which is probably a decent cross section of the population as a whole).
 Yeah ! I already got what's important for males in Russia - the ability to find more younger and more beautiful "white" women than you can count on at home:?

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 12:15:31 PM »
For the women on this board it will give you an insight as to what is most important to Western men on this board (which is probably a decent cross section of the population as a whole).
 Yeah ! I already got what's important for males in Russia - the ability to find more younger and more beautiful "white" women than you can count on at home:?[/quote]
So what is the problem with that Elen, supply and demand, Russia has the supply and America the demand, I do not see a problem.

Offline deden

• Trips: None (yet)
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005, 05:42:12 PM »
Gotta love the honesty in the poll.  Youth and Beauty winning over education and "percieved" values. :cool:

Offline Noyrt

Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2005, 09:17:51 PM »

Honestly,  It just jumped out at me...     My honest answer.

Sure I appreciate the youth and beauty, as any man would. But for my life, here, although I have met and tried to date women here, Most any women I can remember, it is simply a matter to me that they are spoiled.....

Most have grown up with everything they have ever wanted, and they continue to want more.  When are they happy with who they are with, and what they have in life. 

I find here,  with women I have known, that they are simply difficult to please and always seem to want more than I can give them.  Or simply want want they can get from me until some better man comes along.   Many simply have lost touch with sincerity in the face of family and relationship.  Especially if they are younger and attractive.   They think they are too good, for a common man.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a bum.  I have much to offer, but most women don't give the the chance to show it becuase they judge a man too quickly for what he has..... and what they can benift from being with him. 

Although, I have sometimes been used, and abused, by women in Ukraine also, generally  women in Russian and Ukraine,, perhaps other countries have a greater appreciation for what they have, because they have worked for it.   I believe they can appreciate more what we can offer to them with a relationship.  It is my dream, anyway.   

I have seen such kindness and caring in the eyes of some women, from my travels, but sadly none have been able to truely open their heart to me. Always it is difficult for them to believe I am sincere man,  and I fall second to their life and work in Ukraine.  I wait and hope for a women  that can understand the sacrifice I make to travel to meet and know her, and who can show me I am also most important in her life.  Am I wrong?  So, it is why I my search continues.

Noyrt

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2005, 01:39:29 AM »
I voted for 5 out of 7.

One of them is deceiving because AW are also well educated for the most part.

I could have had AW but chose to search elsewhere, so I did not select number 7. 

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2005, 08:48:23 AM »
You guys do big mistake. As writes one of marriage agencies who sell latin women.

Read on their page (quote from our girl's forum):
2. Why are Colombian women better than Russian women? Russia has the highest divorce rate in the world! Colombia and other Latin countries have the lowest. Russian women were raised in a society where there is no religion and the people have very cold personalities. Latin women are raised with the family and values being the center of everything. The people in Latin America very warm and are much more friendly than even those in the United States. American women are very cold and not family oriented by Latin standards.

[align=left] [/align]
[align=left]3. Are these women as materialistic as American women?  Absolutely not! The women in Latin America are typically not materialistic and most live in poverty. We know you will be pleasantly surprised with their honest appreciation of all small gifts, attention and affection they receive.[/align]

[align=left]4.   Why can't the women in your agencies find good husbands in their own countries? [/b]They could find a local man but their options are not good and they prefer men from USA and Europe.  They think we are more sincere, faithful and hard working.  They also find us very different and attractive.  Men have to serve in public service away from the women for 4 years. It's the ultimate example of supply and demand being in our favor. There are many more beautiful, single ladies in our locations than quality men to fill the demand. We need supply, that's you, the men.[/font][/align]

[align=left]5. What age women should I be dating? [/b]Age is looked upon differently in Latin America.  The higher the age, the more stable and sincere the man. Typically the women are looking for a man 10-20 years older.  Here is a quick chart.[/font][/align]

[align=left]Men 25-35 = Women 18-25[/align]
[align=left]Men 36-40 = Women 21-28[/align]
[align=left]Men 41-49 = Women 23-32[/align]
[align=left]Men 50-60 = Women 26-45[/align]

[align=left]6. Do the women just want a Green Card?[/b]  Many of our customers retire with their wives in Latin America.  Most would be just as happy if you moved there. Most of our women members would follow a man they love, anywhere.  This question is usually asked by unhappy married men and American women, they both hate our websites.  The American women feel very threatened by it and the married men realize they could have done much better in their choice of a wife. Information is everything and worth more than money! [/size][/align]

[align=left]10. Are the women educated?[/b]  Colombians are the most educated people in Latin America.  Most women in the agency are in college or have a degree.[/align]

[align=left]11. Do the women have children?[/b]  About 30% do have children.  If a woman has a child she will marry a much older man.  20-30 years older.  This is why you see 50 year old men with young women age 20-23.  If you have children it is not a problem,  because the women love the family.[/align]

[align=left]14. Why do so many beautiful women want to be in our agency? [/b]They want to meet foreign men. Your looks and age are not important, your personality is.  Latin men in Latin America are known for their bad behavior and have many girlfriends on the side.  For this reason, even the families want their daughters to find a man from outside Latin America.[/align]

[align=left]17. Should I send money if a woman asks for it?  Don't do it!  A nice Latin woman would never ask for money, especially if you are not engaged or married.  A nice Latin woman will never ask you how much you make either. [/align]

[align=left]22. How important are my looks? Most studies show that men seek beauty, and Latin women seek mature, older, healthy, and stable men with the ability to provide for the family. The women need someone they can depend on. Your personality will be the most important factor.[/align]
http://www.barranquillasbest.com/colombian_women.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 08:56:00 AM by Fiorella »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541392
Total Topics: 20862