It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My dyevushka loves Marilyn  (Read 11538 times)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
My dyevushka loves Marilyn
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2005, 11:39:34 PM »
As for Arrow and others RW then their "formal education" firstly means they at least can speak with you at English and you do have anything to speak about with them at all. Though as this forum shows many of you prefer girls who can't put two words in a sentence

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2005, 11:46:01 PM »
Besides, what the hell has the Russian formal education system done for Russia? 
They're not exactly a world power anymore  (exactly anymore)

It was not Russian educational system. The result we have now was a product of political ruling our country by those who got their ideas at the WEST

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2005, 12:03:01 AM »
So speaking about education ( and it's useless in Russia) what is that level you gave (or wish to give) for your own children?

foriegn language-dancing-music school- sport section-arts-high edication- or what??

Offline Bruno

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2005, 12:36:58 AM »
Quote from: deden
You say that Russia is not more a power... maybe when you see it on the level of army... but the political power is alway enough big... and the economic potential is enough high too... i remember some year ago, when the euro money have begin... the US have laught about it... about our little grow of arround 3% year... but now, after several year, the Euro is more high that the $$$ , it show our power... the stability... yes, the US economy can have a grow of 50% in one year, but they can fall the next year of 70%... and what about the flutuation from Wall Street in US... when Lewinski make a blowjob to you president, the economie fall... to be realistic, what have the presidential erection to make with economie... and now, what about US who close is border to some product of the world for protect his own bad economie... I don't think that US is a power except at the army level... US economie is strong in the short term but they have problem with long term... but in any case, i don't choice my friend in function of the power... people have other quality that power...

Offline Bruno

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2005, 12:49:37 AM »
Quote from: Elen
So speaking about education ( and it's useless in Russia) what is that level you gave (or wish to give) for your own children?

foriegn language-dancing-music school- sport section-arts-high edication- or what??

Yep... the education of children was a difficult discussion with Galina... she have wish that our children make the more high study is possible... but with the example of Anastasia, the daughter of my previous wife, i have convince her...

Anastasia was very good in mechanic... at nine year, she was able to work on a motor from auto... and she have like this, she have wish to be mechanic and work in garage... my ex-russian wife, have wish a woman formation... anastasia have begin a special school dance... it was the dream of my ex... result for the child, no she is not more able to dance, her physical is too strong ( not enough souple ). Now, she go study professional school for hairdresser... when i think that she can have be a very good technical worker... of maybe more... industiel ingenieur...

The conclusion is simple... don't choice for your own child... guide them, help them to find a way they like and where they are good... my own parent have wish high study for me but i have always like work with my hand... now, i am a simple gardener because i like this job... and i learn for try to reach some more highplace in the sector... i wish reach the level of garden architec... it is a long way now because i need to work and study in the same time... but i go reach it...

Don't choice for your child, allow him to make his own choice...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2005, 12:58:59 AM »
In the time of communist, i agree that the choice of study was enough low... it was more the state who select what type of study you follow in function of the need...

And what  does THAT mean?:? 

If you mean that there was equal educational standarts for every secondary school then like it appeared it was the advantage of soviet educational system but not it's lack because it really gave the equal start positions for everybody. As for high education you could choose that type of institute(university) what you wanted ( as well as to get something "usefull" knowledge in professional colleges wich were wide presented in the soviet educational system as well)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2005, 01:03:25 AM »
Don't choice for your child, allow him to make his own choice...

Before your child will be able to make his own choice you have to put in his heard the basic knowledge. It may be too late for him to study foriegn language or start to play at some musical insteument or become some sport star if you hasn't made some choice for him in his 5-6 ages

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2005, 01:13:39 AM »
Look at the FSU, its a prime example where you have Phds working as taxi drivers.
Look at the USA. You have to buy programmists, mathematicians, biologist, physicists and so far in Russia, China and India. For certain it is an indication of how things are fine in the USA's educational system:P
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 01:15:00 AM by Elen »

Offline Bruno

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2005, 01:22:18 AM »
In the time of communist, i agree that the choice of study was enough low... it was more the state who select what type of study you follow in function of the need...
And what  does THAT mean?:? 

If you mean that there was equal educational standarts for every secondary school then like it appeared it was the advantage of soviet educational system but not it's lack because it really gave the equal start positions for everybody. As for high education you could choose that type of institute(university) what you wanted ( as well as to get something "usefull" knowledge in professional colleges wich were wide presented in the soviet educational system as well)
[/quote]
About basic and college level, all russian city have around the same capacity... but for university ...

I go take a actual example that i know... in Lipetsk, the only high level university is sponsored by the metal industry complex of the city... of course, all the study are oriented by the need of these industry...

Of course, young can choose other way but they need to choice a other city and the expense begin more high for family...

And for Moscow, these problem don't exist... you can find all type of school you wish...

Offline TheArrow

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2005, 01:33:57 AM »
Quote from: deden
Arrow, you need to be careful with advertising such domestic skills.  Someone on this board might be looking for such skills in a wife. :cool: 
Hey, who is looking for such domestic skills, eh? Do not make me laugh. Men are more interested in young age girls, long legs, pretty face, blonde hair and the lack of mind (brains)
I am not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions - try walking in my shoes.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2005, 01:34:34 AM »
You can't have famous University in each town. But at least you had not pay money for high educational in Soveit Union and entrance to the Universities depened on your talants but not on parents' walets. (ok I admit such institute like The Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO-University) was an exception to that rule. Your paretnts did mean "something" there:?) But you could pass exams in all other Moscow Universities if you had enough knowledge. And there were dormitories for students from other towns.

Offline TheArrow

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2005, 01:36:19 AM »
As for Arrow and others RW then their "formal education" firstly means they at least can speak with you at English and you do have anything to speak about with them at all. Though as this forum shows many of you prefer girls who can't put two words in a sentence
Elen, you are 100%-ly right. They'd prefer to marry a young lady with 2 kids instead of of middle-age lady without kids but with a good education and domestic skills. :D
I am not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions - try walking in my shoes.

Offline deden

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2005, 09:07:31 AM »
Hi Bruno,

Sorry, didn't mean to be so tough on you in my previous post but rather to illustrate that continuing education is something that many people do everywhere.  You mentioned in a previous post that you studied the Dutch language by practical experience on a job.  To me, that's continuing to learn and be educated, maybe not in the formal since you were originally referring to, but never-the-less continuing education.  And very impressive as well, but again something which is done by others throughout the world.  Your posts also frequently provide great information regarding statistics on various issues.  Something that also contributes on only to your on going education but ours as well.

I think sometimes we give these ladies a whole lot more credit for things they do as if it is only they who do them rather than realizing that they are no different in many respects than the rest of the world.  Certainly love is blind.  By no means do I want to suggest that their hard efforts of getting their higher degrees should not be respected, but rather that hard work didn't do them a lot of good in many cases.  Now, that doesn't mean that everyone with a nuclear engineering degree is driving a taxi, of course there are many Russians utilizing their educations in their chosen fields and contributing greatly to not only their country but also to humanity.

And of course Russia is a very powerful country militarialy speaking.  But so is China.  And although with Russia's vast natural resources, one would think that it would be the most economically powerful nation on the planet (and maybe it will someday).  However, despite their high level of education, they just don't quite reach the financial and economic status of the average westerner when you look at the entire population.  Of course the average income in Moscow is high.  But unfortunately that income is not shared across the country.  That will of course one day change as Latin America, China and Russia continue to develop their economic potentials.

Offline deden

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2005, 09:14:20 AM »
Elan, Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately depending on how you look at it) I don't have children. :D  Also, I think that one day Russia with its vast natural resources and highly educated population will be one of the highest financial and economically strong countries on the planet.  Their day has just not yet come.  And when it does, lol, you'll probably see agencies listing only WM seeking to marry such economically superior RW all wanting to migrate to Russia. :cool:

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2005, 09:32:25 AM »
you'll probably see agencies listing only WM seeking to marry such economically superior RW

better for you then to keep Russia in economical hole:D because economically superior RW is more dreadful thing than morden AW:P

As for our vast natural resources and highly educated population then I just dream about times when all our natural resources will drain, all our thievish oligarchs move to the West and leave our well educated population in peace. I'm sure we will manage to live better then .

And the fact you don't have your own children just explains your viewpoints on education:D

Offline deden

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2005, 09:43:33 AM »
Now Arrow, don't be so pessimestic.  Most WM I know have wives with high education and no children.  Young is only a relative term and someone in your age group is still young compared to those of us in our 40's.  I think most guys in this are coming to realize that they don't have to seek a women 20 years younger than them and that there are many fine ladies closer to their age.  Personally, I'm in my 40's and looking at women in their late 30's or early 40's and while one without a child would be great, unfortunately many in this age range do have children (although usually older children). :P  Groovstik who originally started this thread stated that at 41 he was looking for a lady in her 30's.  So don't give up hope, lol :?

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2005, 09:58:28 AM »
Groovstik who originally started this thread stated that at 41 he was looking for a lady in her 30's.
and after that he started to drool about pic with 24 year old girl (who btw said in her profile she'd want a men about 25 :P
 unfortunately many in this age range do have children (although usually older children).
What? Don't like her children (even if they're about 18 years old:D)?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 10:01:00 AM by Elen »

Offline Journeyman

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2005, 08:19:50 PM »
Actually, I started this thread, not Groovstik, though I'm not concerned about the credit.

I am actually surprised to see how much controversy it spawned -- about educational systems and other societal problems.  I must tell my devushka about how much international discord and controversy she has caused.  

Anono, I'm not sure either about the fascination with Marylin Monroe for a FEW ladies in the FSU (a minority, I am sure).  A few ladies in America also find her intriguing still (even though she died over 40 years ago).  If fact, I'd say that more women than men find Marylin Monroe rather interesting.  Почему же?

Would any of the ladies here care to speculate about this question?  Elen?  Others?

Journeyman

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2005, 08:27:22 PM »
I must tell my devushka about how much international discord and controversy she has caused.

It would be better to invite yours (all of yours) devuskas here for they would tell themselves what they think about:D Wonder why nobody did that yet

Offline Bruno

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2005, 09:24:56 PM »
I must tell my devushka about how much international discord and controversy she has caused.
It would be better to invite yours (all of yours) devuskas here for they would tell themselves what they think about:D Wonder why nobody did that yet
[/quote]
I have already copy and past some words from Galina in some topic... now, she have just buy a computer, but she have more difficult to control it that control me ;)... in May, i go teach her to use it and bring some material... it seem that in Ukraine a simple computer is not so much expensive but a DVD writer by example is very expensive... but a other problem, she have not a internet connection... maybe later... of when she will be in Belgium...

It can be interesting : Galina vs Elena... Ukraine vs Russia :D;):P

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2005, 10:13:15 PM »
Why do you think Bruno it would be "vs" me?:P May be I'll  find an ally for supporting all those you consider as nonsence:P

(and btw to wait until you'll go and teach her how to "control" a comp is a strange thing for me as your Galina has high education (or I'm wrong"?) And internet connection is not a problem in Nickolaev as well)

Offline Bruno

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2005, 08:53:04 AM »
Why do you think Bruno it would be "vs" me?:P May be I'll  find an ally for supporting all those you consider as nonsence:P

(and btw to wait until you'll go and teach her how to "control" a comp is a strange thing for me as your Galina has high education (or I'm wrong"?) And internet connection is not a problem in Nickolaev as well)

From previous post, it have seem to me that you don't like ukrainian people :?

Ok, for the problem with computer, it is a little my fault... now, she have a lot of software from here... of course, system and programme are in Ukrainian but it is not a standart system, it is Linux and she have only use and install windows at school... Debian distro is really not easy for a starter... Mandrake was a better choice from me...

Now, his computer is not located in Nikolaev... She share a appartment in Nikolaev during the work week but his official and week-end stay is outside the city... in campaign, it is why she have no fix phone and use GSM... and GSM is slow and too much expensive for internet... remember the problem with your Daischa ;)...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2005, 09:11:30 AM »
From previous post, it have seem to me that you don't like ukrainian people

Well I don't like not Ukraine people themselves but such their statements  like "Russia occupied independent state Ukraine":P 

Offline wavshrdr

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2005, 04:41:50 PM »
Back to the topic at hand (sort of). Actually almost any laptop DVD player WILL play DVDs from other regions. You can change the region 5 times and then it is locked to the final region you set! Depending on the DVD player itself there are utilities that may correct this. On my laptop I have set the internal DVD player to be region free so it will play DVDs from anywhere in the world OR I can set it to a specific region if need be to work properly.

Now the OT stuff. Bruno is sorf of off the mark on the US education system. I went to a free highschool. I was accepted to a very prestigous university. I was offered free school there. My parent were not rich or nor did they know famous or powerful people. I was offered my education because I worked hard and had excellent grades in school.

As for the Euro economy vs. the US, what a load of BS. The problem with the dollar vs. the Euro has very little to do with the economy as much as the budget deficits that the US has. Look at unemployment in Germany; over 13%! If that is how the eurozone should be run I want no part of it! Look at the tax rate for the average citizen, it is absurd! The government has more of the people's money than they do! I spend a lot of time in Europe and I would never want that system in the US. Why pay $1.60US/liter of fuel (more than $6/gallon)? Why, because the government wants your money more than you do!

A wonderful statistic that is often said is how generous Belgium is with charity and giving money for help. It is easy to give your money away when you don't pay for your own defense or armies! The US spends about 3% of its GDP (entire production) each year on defense and army. At the same time a lot of that money on armies is spent to help other countries! Another interesting fact is that until just about 2 or 3 years ago, Belgium was an aid recipient! Other countried donated money to help Belgium! Even though Russia is not a poor country the US give them millions and millions of dollars to help them safeguard their nuclear weapons that they can't take care of any more! I have literally walked onto a Russian nuclear base and was able to leave without even being stopped by anyone! How safe is that?

People forget that for the last 40 years, the US has been the engine that has driven the world economy. It has also made the US a target for any country that doesn't like what the world is like. At this point in time China now uses more oil and consumes more stuff than the US except in one area, cars! Problem with Russia at the moment is that while it is a country of great wealth, the average person sees none of it! In America the wealth is better distibuted. A person can come to the US poor and make a great life for themselves here. Very few countries offer the sort of opportunities that America does.

I have a friend in Germany who moved there from Moscow. She can't believe who socialist it is. Nobody wants to work. If she works, the government will take 53% of her salary for income tax and she doesn't make a lot of money. So if you add in the 16% VAT (value added tax) + all the other taxes in the Eurozone, the government will take about 80% of ALL the money she makes. Who is she working for? Herself or the government? Even Russian doesn't make its citizens pay that kind of tax! If someone was going to 80% of my money, why would I want to work? It is very difficult for average people to buy a car and drive it in Europe. In America even poor people can buy a car!

I could go on for hours on this topic but what is the point? I lived in Austria for an extended period of time and I have extensively traveled the world. I ususally spend about 40% of my time each year outside the US and while the US has faults, it also has more opportunities than any place else I've seen. I am a patriot but not a blind one. I have seen that socialism doesn't work nor does communism. Is capitalism the best, tough to say but better than the first 2! Sometimes things seem to work in theory but not practice. It is man's nature to find a way to exploit the system for his own personal gain. At least in America our society is usually more open and we can see what is going on.

One last point about Russia though. Russia is in a critcal point in its life. With the population shrinking each year and fewer people working each year, Russia has some tough choices to make. Before they got cheap labor from other immigrants who had worse living conditions of salary than in Russia. Now that their standard of living in those other countries is improving Russia will not have people to do a lot of the work that Mexicans seem to do in the US. What will Russia do? Soon it will be no problem for the Chinese to take over Russia. If you go to Siberia you can see all the illegal Chinese taking over Russian land. Soon Russia won't be able to defend itself from anyone at the rate they are going. Their military is in decay and not ready for combat in almost any area. They don't pay their power bills for military installations. I have seen soldiers begging for food in many areas. It is really sad what has happened to Russia!

Offline Bruno

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2005, 08:06:25 PM »
Quote from: wavshrdr
I can explain a lot about our system but it will not have a lot of interest for these forum... European country use the capitalism system in collaboration with socialism... the two system are not enemy... why not use the best of the two like we make here...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541559
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1864
Most Online Ever: 12701